• Advertisement

The Optimism of SpongeBob (A short, terrible essay by Perez)

President Squidward

So I've been thinking of how these emotions of our favorite Sponge have changed (It doesn't mean I hate Post-Movie or anything tongue.png ) so, here we go.

SpongeBob is an Optimistic, Happy-go-lucky character in the beginning. Sure, they made him had different emotions in Pre-Movie. For example: Like Squidward being a bit bossy, driving SpongeBob getting angry, crashing through his house, pushing his bed which Squidward's in all the way to The Krusty Krab to Krab's office, which was funny to see SpongeBob being mad, but they only did it a few times and kept his main emotion for most of the character.

In Post-Movie, they still kept it a bit but changed it around... Shall I say a few examples?

In episodes of Post-Movie, he kind of cries a lot, even in the upcoming SpongeBob, You're Fired special, which gets annoying. I know he lost something he loved to do, but maybe he can look at it kind of in a good way.

Then there's a problem when they make him a bit TOO happy which makes him a bit creepy, such as in Squid's Visit, when SpongeBob wants his neighbor Squidward to visit him.

Ugh, I feel like I didn't cover as much as I wanted too, but this was a short little essay I wanted to get out to everyone. I apologize if it was terrible... So...

Good day.

I kinda like it when SpongeBob gets angry. Like, that really turns me on..........

Nah, just kidding :P I do hope they use his angry side more often though, especially against Mr. Krabs.

How cool would it have been if SpongeBob, in stead of crying, would get mad at Krabs for firing him?

Also, I hate how the writers don't want to cause any character development. For example, give me one good reason why SpongeBob is not allowed to have feelings for Sandy or any girl in this series? Why do they wanna let him be the asexual guy? This is the only series where it's so obvious how hard the writers are trying not to change the basic set-up of the show. (Including the Intro-song, which is slowly getting really anoying to me.)

I kinda like it when SpongeBob gets angry. Like, that really turns me on..........

Nah, just kidding :P I do hope they use his angry side more often though, especially against Mr. Krabs.

How cool would it have been if SpongeBob, in stead of crying, would get mad at Krabs for firing him?

Also, I hate how the writers don't want to cause any character development. For example, give me one good reason why SpongeBob is not allowed to have feelings for Sandy or any girl in this series? Why do they wanna let him be the asexual guy? This is the only series where it's so obvious how hard the writers are trying not to change the basic set-up of the show. (Including the Intro-song, which is slowly getting really anoying to me.)

It's a bad pleasure of mine whenever SpongeBob gets mad at Patrick. It shows that even sometimes Patrick's stupidity is too much to handle, even for Patrick's best friend. And in return it's kind of like a SpongeBob/Squidward relationship between them. Which is fun because it gives Squidward a break from being the reasonable person. So you know whenever SpongeBob gets upset at him, Patrick's really did something beyond dumb. :P
  • Like 1

*grabs popcorn and soda* FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! :P

• Like 1