• Advertisement

Gordok's Bottom 20 Spongebob Episodes

Number 15: I’m With Stupid

A lot of people may not have been expecting this to appear on the list, and I’m aware that this episode came from the Pre-Movie Era. Regardless, this episode really irritated me to the point where I just HAD to put it on this list!

The episode starts with Spongebob going over to Patrick’s house, only to find that Patrick is going crazy trying to clean it up. Spongebob asks what the whole commotion is about, and Patrick says that he’s preparing for Starfish Day, the day when his parents come to visit him. He gets upset because he thinks that his parents will think he’s stupid. So, to make him look smart in front of his parents, Spongebob offers to act like a dummy for when they arrive.

The next day, Patrick's parents arrive. Patrick shows them inside his house, and then Spongebob visits, wearing a red helmet so he would look like a dummy. Spongebob introduces himself to Patrick’s parents. And, just as planned, Spongebob pretends to be stupid to make Patrick look smart by comparison.

And this is where it really starts to take a turn for the worst! Patrick starts to believe that Spongebob really is stupid (seriously) and starts to make fun of him (his parents do this as well). Annoyed, Spongebob decides to have a talk with Patrick in the kitchen (to talk some sense into him). However, this fails as Patrick can’t seem to recall that Spongebob was only pretending to be stupid (since that was part of the plan).

Upset, Spongebob tries to convince Patrick’s parents that he was not really stupid and he only pretended to be so they would appreciate Patrick more. This also fails, though, because Patrick's parents think that Patrick "taught" Spongebob on how to talk, eat, and do the basic things in life. And then, Patrick and his parents go on to make fun of Spongebob and laugh at him. Because of all this, Spongebob screams in frustration and runs out of the house.

After Spongebob runs out of the house, Patrick’s parents tell Patrick how smart he is.

·  Marty: You know, son, I've always known that when it comes to brightness, well, you're about a three-watt. But this guy! He's a wet match in a dark cave. He makes phone operators seem smart! But more importantly, son, he's shown me what a sharp, quick-witted boy you've become. [Hugs him] I feel like I'm really meeting you for the first time. Isn't that right, Janet?

·  Janet: You bet, Marty!

·  Patrick: [His eyes widen] Janet? Marty? Who are you people?!

That’s right, these two aren’t Patrick real parents. After that, Squidward (with Patrick’s real parents behind him) opens the door (or rock) to say “Excuse me. Does this lovely couple belong to you? They've been standing outside my house saying "Where's Patrick?" all day! It's driving me nuts!”

Patrick is happy to finally meet his parents.

·  Patrick: Mom! Dad!

·  Herb: Wow, son! You actually recognized us this time.

·  Margie: And you remembered to get dressed today! [Patrick, Herb and Margie laugh]

And then Patrick’s fake parents suddenly recall that they don’t have children and walk away. And the episode ends with Patrick and his real parents laughing together.

Although I liked the beginning and the ending of this episode (which is why I ranked it fairly low on the list), I put it on this list because I hated how Patrick (who is one of my favorite characters) was being such a jerk to Spongebob.  The first time I watched this, I was really surprised (and a little mad) when I saw Patrick treating Spongebob (his BEST friend) like he really IS stupid! It upset me a bit because I never saw Patrick that way before. To me, he was always the big, lovable sea star that was nice and hilarious. This episode certainly portrayed him as the exact opposite! Again, although I liked the ending to the episode, it was (sadly) not enough for me to take it off of this list.

Try to guess what Number 14 is!

Here's a hint: Quit being such a crybaby!

Number 14: A Day Without Tears

Spongebob cries so much in the newer episodes that I can’t say I didn’t see this coming.

The episode starts off with Spongebob crying over almost EVERYTHING as he’s going through his normal routine. He cries when he stubs his toe. He cries when he accidentally tears his favorite shirt. He even cries when he hears sad songs on the radio. Just change the station!

During the Krusty Krab routine, Squidward gets fed up with Spongebob’s incessant bawling that he bets Spongebob that he can’t go until midnight without shedding a tear. If Squidward won, then Spongebob would have to do Squidward’s yardwork for a whole year. If Spongebob won, then Squidward would have to visit Spongebob for a one night sleepover.

Does anything really happen from here on in? Not really. The rest of the episode is just Squidward looking for ways to make Spongebob cry (i.e. making him watch the sunset, making him watch sad TV programs, and even playing some sad music with his clarinet). And, wouldn’t you know it? Spongebob wins the bet and Squidward cries about it.

This episode simply comes off as lame and extremely annoying, mainly because Spongebob wouldn’t stop crying for the first half of the episode! At least “Funny Pants” (a much better episode) tried to be comedic. The writers of “A Day Without Tears” just try to make this episode as sappy and weepy as possible! I really got nothing else to say, so let’s move on.

Hint for the next episode: This one involves a secret club.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Yours Mine and Mine and The Main Drain in a while. I don't know I liked or hated these episodes. I hated I'm With Stupid but I thought A Day Without Tears was good. There were some funny parts in my opinon. I know SpongeBob cried too much in the begining and the ending but It wasn't very annoying as it was in "All That Glitters".

Number 13: Cephalopod Lodge

My goodness… This has got to be the ultimate Squidward torture fest I’ve ever seen! How this evaded either of MoBros’ countdowns will always be a mystery.

In this episode, Squidward is extremely secretive about, a secret. Spongebob and Patrick are curious to know what it is Squidward is hiding. So, they follow him in the middle of the night to this lodge that allows only cephalopods in.

After watching an initiation, Spongebob and Patrick cheer, which raises awareness from Squidward and the other members of the lodge. When Squidward reprimands the two, the other members of the clan hold Squidward responsible for all of this, and so they ban him.

At first, Spongebob and Patrick try to get Squidward to forget about that club and join their own club, which is called “the feather friends” (And members of the club get to dress like chickens too!). But, once they see how miserable Squidward is, they try to find a way to get him back in.

Spongebob and Patrick disguise themselves as an albino eel (by hiding in a giant sock) and “attack” the cephalopod lodge so that Squidward can “defeat” the eel and look awesome in front of the other members. And apparently, all the members of the clan think that that thing really is a giant albino eel (again, it’s just a giant sock). And Squidward manages to “slay” the “beast”, which makes him look awesome and gets him back in. Huh! Maybe this will end well after all!

And then, Spongebob and Patrick take off the disguise, a little too early, which gets Squidward banned, for GOOD this time. No, no, no. I was wrong. And guess what? Spongebob and Patrick try to make Squidward feel better by making him pass the “feather friends” initiation again (which is getting his tongue stung by a Jellyfish).

And this is what Squidward has to deal with all day. No wonder he’s so miserable! First he can’t a relaxing Sunday (Good Neighbors). Then he can’t host his own TV show (Tentacle-Vision). And now he can’t do the one thing, the ONE VERY THING that makes his day any good?! patrickomg.gif This really made me mad! I've never felt so bad for poor Squidward! squidx.gif*sigh* Let's just move on before I go crazy.

Hint for next episode: This one involves a choir (this should be a big giveaway).

• Like 1

Number 12: Choir Boys

*sigh* Yet ANOTHER episode with Squidward chasing a dream and featuring Spongebob at his worst. Is anyone noticing a trend here?

The episode begins with Squidward preparing to sing at the town men’s choir. Upon leaving the house, he stumbles into Spongebob, who’s curious to know where he’s going. Squidward tries to shove him off but he still wants to come. But, of course, Squidward won’t allow it.

But, instead of taking no for an answer, Spongebob makes several attempts at proving to Squidward that he’s worthy of joining. When Squidward has had enough, he ties Spongebob to a coral branch in Jellyfish Fields so that he can head to the choir without any interruptions.

This is why many people hate Spongebob nowadays. He’s not the innocent child at heart we all grew up with. Instead, just like MoBros’ said, he’s the mind-numbing antagonist who’s very appearance is unsettling!

Picture here: http://www.dvdtalk.c...261246803_1.jpg

[Cut to “Gary Takes a Bath”]

Spongebob: Sorry you had to see that.

[back to my review]

Anyways, Spongebob all of a sudden gets the voice of the gods and sings, which gets him released from the seaweed rope. Then, the Jellyfish start to carry Spongebob to the men’s choir (where Squidward went to). Apparently, Spongebob’s singing voice amazes the members of the choir so much that they make him the lead singer! Spongebob wants Squidward to take part in the choir as well. So guess what Squidward’s job is. Yep. Squidward’s job is to turn the pages in the music book.

Although I love Spongebob, there are times where I would rather root for Squidward instead of what they call the “cubic creeper”. And this is one of those times! The biggest reason I hate this episode? It’s that face! All because of that face! It will haunt me forever…

Hint for next episode: The next one looks like it was inspired by Happy Tree Friends!

• Like 1

Number 11: The Splinter

And now… written by the writers of Best Day Ever, comes the kid-friendly gorefest of the summer… The Splinter!

One day at the Krusty Krab, during one of Spongebob’s patty flipping routines, Spongebob accidentally gets his spatula stuck in the ceiling. He stacks a bunch of boxes on top of each other and climbs the boxes to get the spatula out. Once he releases the spatula, he falls off and he’s about to fall into a bunch of swords, which fell out of one of the boxes. How interesting that the Krusty Krab, a FAST FOOD RESTAURANT, keeps a box full of big, sharp, deadly swords.

But, instead of killing him, he catches his spatula on one of the swords that had not fallen out. Upon landing, Spongebob slips on some tartar sauce (which spilled out of one of the jars that also fell out of the boxes). And then we get to see a gruesome shot of one of his fingers accidentally being jammed by a wood spike (for lack of a better word) sticking out of the ground.

Once Spongebob sees that he has an injury in his finger, he tries to pull it out, to no avail. Squidward comes into the kitchen and he wants to know what’s happening. When he sees Spongebob’s splinter, he puts a scare into him, saying that if Mr. Krabs were to find out about this, then he would be forced to send him home early. Because of this, Spongebob tries to seek help immediately.

And then we get reintroduced to… DR. PATRICK (who was first seen in “Suds”)! But instead of making us laugh, he prefers to nauseate us even further. First, he… you know what? I’m just gonna put a link as to what he does because it’s too painful to describe it. DON’T WATCH IF YOU’RE SENSITIVE TO DISGUSTING AND/OR VIOLENT CLIPS!

For the climax, Mr. Krabs finds out about the splinter and he wants to see it. Spongebob finally gives in and he shows him the splinter in its infected state. Mr. Krabs pulls out the splinter and –you know what- spews out.

This episode was so disgusting that I almost got sick watching it. This has got to be the most vile, repulsive episode I have ever seen. Yes, the toenail scene from House Fancy was gruesome, but at least House Fancy had its moments. And at least Squidward won in the end. This was simply the most nauseating episode I have ever seen.

Number 10 will be available tomorrow! Be prepared, because the terror continues in Part 2…

Hint for next episode: The Sponge Without a Brain

I hate both episodes 10 is WhoBob WhatPants

I hate The Splinter so much. Thanks to Patrick, this episode is gross. #10 is "Whatever Happened to SpongeBob?" or "WhoBob WhatPants".

Number 10 is not WhoBob WhatPants. Number 10 is...

Number 10: Gullible Pants

Welcome to the depths of the underworld! If you thought the last ten episodes were the worst episodes to ever hit the air, just wait until you see the next ten that made it on here, starting with Gullible Pants! This is an episode that does nothing but show how incredibly stupid Spongebob can be sometimes!

It starts off one day at the Krusty Krab with Mr. Krabs counting some money. He accidentally gets one of his nails bent in the process, so he has to call in for an appointment to get his nails fixed. Well, I guess if squids can have toenails then I guess crabs can have nails, too. Anyways, before leaving for his appointment, Krabs puts Spongebob in charge of the Krusty Krab for about 15-20 minutes. Little does he know that a lot can happen in just 15-20 minutes…

Squidward can't believe that Mr. Krabs would trust Spongebob more than him, so he decides to give false instructions to Spongebob, to make “an improvement” on the Krusty Krab. Some of these instructions include serving the food with his feet, hiring a stranger to cook the Patties, and turning the Krusty Krab into a total pigsty. And of course, Spongebob goes with it.

Blah, blah, blah. Bogus Instructions. Blah, blah, blah. Chaos ensues.

Near the end of the episode, Mr. Krabs gets back and he finds SpongeBob dancing and the customers cowarding in fear, the Krusty Krab a filthy mess, some stranger cooking the patties and Squidward sleeping on the job (which is normal according to Mr. Krabs).

·  Mr. Krabs: Me customers cowering in fear?

·  [all the customers are huddled in the far back corner of the building]

·  Evelyn: Help... us...

·  Mr. Krabs: The Krusty Krab a filthy mess?

·  [Frank holds a tray of food with a Krusty Krab hat]

·  Frank: Order #20 ready for pickup.

·  Mr. Krabs: [anger rising] And some stranger cooking Krabby Patties??!! [squidward is asleep in the ordering boat] Squidward sleeping on the job??!! Ok, that's actually normal.

When Krabs asks Spongebob what he has done with the Krusty Krab, Spongebob replies by saying that he did what Squidward told him to do, and that he told him all of Krabs’ secrets.

SpongeBob: I was just following Squidward's advice, Mr. Krabs. He told me all your secrets!

Mr. Krabs: All me secrets...? [stares at his newly-polished nails and then nervously hides them behind his back, sweating and chuckles nervously] So, is there anything else I can do for you, acting manager SpongeBob?

After that, we get to see Mr. Krabs doing the dishes (accidentally splitting his nail again), the Krusty Krab still a pigsty, and Spongebob dancing weirdly in front of a bunch of scared customers. And that’s it.

Dear writers, there is such thing as naivety and stupidity. Learn to tell the difference!

Hint for next episode: The Money Magnet (this should be an easy one)