• Advertisement

Possible Recipe for the Krabby Patty?

Cha

I was searching Youtube when I came across this video.

gvCclQ0jUwE

I know it's more comical then serious, but in their description they say it's from a old recipe from Nick.com. From what I know, the secret ingredient is probably either a sauce or the patty itself.

Here are the instructions from the description:

Krabby Patties! (Taken from a nick.com recipe that was apparently published awhile back)

2 tbsp. finely chopped onion

2 tbsp. finely chopped celery

4-6 tbsp. vegetable oil

1 tsp. thyme

1 lb. frozen imitation crabmeat, (defrosted and finely chopped in a food processor)

3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

1 tbsp. Dijon mustard

2 tbsp. mayonnaise (plus 1 cup for dipping sauce)

2 eggs, lightly beaten

Salt and pepper (to taste)

Step 1 - Sauté the onions and celery in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the thyme, lower the heat, and cook until the onions are translucent.

Step 2 - In a large bowl combine the crabmeat, sautéed onions and celery, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, egg, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.

Step 3 - Shape into rounds by using a small ice cream scoop, then gently pat flat.

Step 4 - Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Working in batches (2 to 3 crab cakes at a time) place the crab cakes in a skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. You may need to add more oil for the second and third batches.

Step 5 - Preheat the oven to 400°F. Transfer the crab cakes to the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. The crab cakes can be kept in a warm oven for approximately 30 minutes, or they may be reheated at serving time.

To create the Krabby Patty itself, you'll need these hamburger making ingredients:

Sesame seed hamburger bun

Pickles

Mustard

Ketchup

Slice of tomato

Slice of red onion

Cheese (cheddar or any other yellow cheese will work)

Lettuce

Combine the ingredients in that order with the Krabby Patty at the very bottom. If you need additional help, try referring to this photo for reference!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404538_10150472178576366_42798291365_9062384_1206705976_n.jpg

(Most of us have probably seen that picture already ^).

Horseradish Aioli Recipe:

2 egg yolks

1 tbsp white wine vinegar

1 tsp sugar

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp white pepper

2/3 cup peanut oil

1/3 cup olive oil

3 tbsp white grated horseradish

3 garlic cloves, minced

Combine egg yolks, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix. Combine the oils in a separate bowl and very slowly add this to your yolk mixture. Stir it in slowly. You can add the oil a little more quickly when the sauce thickens. Too much oil and your eggs and oil will not blend.

Add horseradish and garlic and mix. If you're not a fan of either ingredient, you don't need to put in the full amount. Chill and serve with your crabby patties!

I do like that people still want to find out what the Krabby Patty secret is but I don't think the writers or even Stephen knew what is was. You see in some episodes Plankton making off with just the burger meat while others either the formula or secret sauce. I'm going to take a punt and say that the formula will never be revealed (not even in the final episode) just because the secret is what makes that plot point interesting...

I do like that people still want to find out what the Krabby Patty secret is but I don't think the writers or even Stephen knew what is was. You see in some episodes Plankton making off with just the burger meat while others either the formula or secret sauce. I'm going to take a punt and say that the formula will never be revealed (not even in the final episode) just because the secret is what makes that plot point interesting...

Yeah, I really doubt anyone knows the recipe. :P

Well, maybe Steve does, but that is IT! ;)