• Advertisement

I think I missed this fad

terminoob

1 hour ago, terminoob said:

I have! My girlfriend's more into superhero movies than I am so I took her to see it a few weeks ago. I actually really enjoyed it, much more so than anything Marvel's put out recently. She typically loves every movie we go see and I typically have criticisms about everything and I walk away feeling less than satisfied (Rogue One, Doctor Strange, and Guardians Vol. 2, to be specific) and I walked away from Wonder Woman with pretty much no critiques and she ended up having more negative things to say than I did. If DC can keep up that quality going into Justice League, Aquaman, and The Flash, then I'll be really happy.

I loved Wonder Woman as well. I have concerns with Justice League and The Flash but I'm so excited for Aquaman, mainly because of James Wan?

1 hour ago, Reverse-Flash said:

I loved Wonder Woman as well. I have concerns with Justice League and The Flash but I'm so excited for Aquaman, mainly because of James Wan?

I just can't wait for people to finally stop shitting on Aquaman.

1 hour ago, crushingmayhem said:

You're into Persona 5?

Very much. I had to get my wisdom teeth out and I was gonna be held up in bed for a bit, so I decided to buy it so I could pass the time because I had heard good things about it (it was my first Persona game so I had no clue what to expect) and then after my mouth healed I still had the need to play. I think I lost about a week of productivity because of it. I beat it a few days ago and I'm forcing myself to not get into NG+ for a good long while because I can't spend another 100 hours glued to my TV. I have my fair share of criticisms, but man it was super fun and just so stylish.

I honestly wished they'd get an actual blonde for Aquaman to make him look just like in the comics but still I'm giving the actor a chance?

Looks are the last thing that should be taken into account. Christian Bale didn't look a thing like Bruce Wayne but people still thought he was fine. Jason Momoa's a good actor (and if you haven't seen Game of Thrones you may want to hop on that bad boy right now, so you can get a taste of what he's like and also because it's like the biggest show on the planet right now) - if Aquaman sucks it won't be because of him.

36 minutes ago, terminoob said:

Looks are the last thing that should be taken into account. Christian Bale didn't look a thing like Bruce Wayne but people still thought he was fine. Jason Momoa's a good actor (and if you haven't seen Game of Thrones you may want to hop on that bad boy right now, so you can get a taste of what he's like and also because it's like the biggest show on the planet right now) - if Aquaman sucks it won't be because of him.

yeah I know that's the case but it's great when they find actors or actresses who look just like comic book characters they portray and they do it so we?

2 minutes ago, Reverse-Flash said:

yeah I know that's the case but it's great when they find actors or actresses who look just like comic book characters they portray and they do it so we?

It is, sure, but given the choice I'd rather have a good actor that could do the character justice over a mediocre actor that looks like the character.

14 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Binge-watched any good shows lately?

I have not. I sort of got into Pushing Daisies, but I've since fallen off that due to other media being thrown at me (alternating between Persona 5 and my first read-through of the Harry Potter series); I'd like to get back to it eventually because I love the aesthetic and the feel of the show, but it also just hasn't been compelling enough for me to want to keep going back because the pilot was so damn good and felt like it's own little mini thing that needed no further expansion. I've been much more into podcasts - MBMBaM, If I Were You, and Not Too Deep have been keeping my ears pretty full recently (as well as the occasional You Made it Weird). I was talking about TV with a friend a few weeks ago, and we both agree that there's just way too much stuff and it's mostly not great and we don't get excited about new shows as much as we used to (even something like Doctor Who, which I really love, barely registered with me this year and I missed pretty much all of it even though I haven't missed an episode since the back half of season 6). There's really been nothing on my radar since iZombie's season finale. I recommended Clappy should binge Wrecked, which is just, like, a fine enough show to pass the time but nothing amazing and I'm not super jazzed about it anyway. I had no clue what the hell Glow was but apparently my friend's have been super into it. Is there any can't-miss TV I need to binge-watch this instant?

Glow is the last thing I binged and I loved it. Like you I'm more into podcasts these days.

I'm happy that there's someone else here who listens to Not Too Deep. Isn't Grace Helbig great?

57 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Glow is the last thing I binged and I loved it. Like you I'm more into podcasts these days.

I'm happy that there's someone else here who listens to Not Too Deep. Isn't Grace Helbig great?

More often than not yes, she's super funny, super clever, has the most infectious laugh, and generally is really nice to listen to - but man if she's not jiving with her guest or if it's just her and Jack talking then for some reason I just really can't do it. If she doesn't have someone fun to play around with then she can just get really grating really quickly for me. I am glad I found the podcast though because I've really been enjoying it. I've been jumping around and just listening to the ones with guests I've heard of before I start diving into the rest, and I think the Smosh one was the only one I had like a visceral hatred of. I had such high hopes that they'd be interesting people to hear talk because Shane Dawson's was surprisingly great (and so I figured YouTube personality wouldn't translate to real life personality) but I couldn't make it through the whole thing.

9 minutes ago, Reverse-Flash said:

did you finish season 3 of The Flash? Any thoughts?

Still haven't had the chance. I got the gist of it, though, and I'll be sure to finish before season 4 comes out. I'm hoping I like it more than most other people did.

good luck man. Make sure to check out Arrow season 5 because for the most part, it was pretty good and Legends season 2 was so awesome?

Do I need to finish Arrow season 4 and Legends season 1? I fell out of both shows so I'd have a lot of catching up to do.

17 minutes ago, terminoob said:

Do I need to finish Arrow season 4 and Legends season 1? I fell out of both shows so I'd have a lot of catching up to do.

well, arrow season 5 carries on from season 4 (just watch recap of season 4 or something, season 4 sucked unless you wanna see how bad it is) but it's more of a season 1 sequel and Black Siren appears in couple of episodes of s5 and she'll be back as regular in season 6.

Legends season 2 carries on from season 1 but season 1 really got better. It also carries on from arrow season 4 finale (mainly because Damien Darhk from Arrow season 4 returns but he works better on Legends) but again you can watch recap of arrow season 4.

???

20 minutes ago, Reverse-Flash said:

well, arrow season 5 carries on from season 4 (just watch recap of season 4 or sometimes, season 4 sucked unless you wanna see how bad it is) but it's more of a season 1 sequel and Black Siren appears in couple of episodes of s5 and she'll be back as regular in season 6.

Legends season 2 carries on from season 1 but season 1 really got better. It also carries on from arrow season 4 finale (mainly because Damien Darhk from Arrow season 4 returns but he works better on Legends) but again you can watch recap of arrow season 4.

???

Alrighty, sounds good. I'll get on it soon.