• Advertisement

I think I missed this fad

terminoob

3 minutes ago, EXTRA THICC™ said:

or you can watch them on Netflix if Netflix has them, even though I also watch stuff pirated? :funny: 

Netflix doesn't have HBO shows.

2 hours ago, Katniss said:

you could always look it up online :funny: ...of course if you're only into watching shows legally, I get it?

Yeah, I suppose. Problem is that there's just too many other shows and too little time to watch everything.

51 minutes ago, EXTRA THICC™ said:

aww that sucks. 

Amazon has the HBO deal, but they don't have much on Prime from what I can tell.

5 hours ago, EXTRA THICC™ said:

what other shows you'd like to check out but don't have time for them?

I just started Forever, at the request of my girlfriend. It's only a season long so it won't take that much time to watch (should be done by Sunday) but other than that I think the only other shows on my radar to start at the moment are Legion and unREAL (the latter being another recommendation from my girlfriend). Everything else is just stuff I need to catch up on. I haven't seen any of the new Doctor Who, I'm a few episodes behind on Archer and iZombie, I haven't seen The Flash since the mid-season finale, I have two more seasons of Survivor I still haven't seen, got a chunk of MST3K left, gotta get to Master of None season 2 and Catastrophe season 3, and I think I'm about 10 episodes behind on Critical Role (admittedly not a show but still a thing that requires watching). Girlfriend and I just finished Riverdale a couple days ago, and I just caught up on the back-half of the new Samurai Jack season last night and the new Survivor this morning so I'd be ready in time for their finales. There might be more that I'm forgetting. I know my Prime watchlist is absurdly long and packed with shows that I gotta get through, as is my Netflix list, but I'll take a crack at those after I'm done with all my "priority" shows.

2 hours ago, EXTRA THICC™ said:

have you seen any of the captain america movies?

I saw/own the first one because it came out when I was still interested in superhero movies. It was alright. Haven't seen Winter Soldier or Civil War, don't really have a desire to.

1 hour ago, terminoob said:

I saw/own the first one because it came out when I was still interested in superhero movies. It was alright. Haven't seen Winter Soldier or Civil War, don't really have a desire to.

Ik you aren't fan of MCU but really Winter Solider and Civil War were best movies to come out of MCU imo. Really thrilling, different and nice character study films. I highly recommend both?

39 minutes ago, EXTRA THICC™ said:

Ik you aren't fan of MCU but really Winter Solider and Civil War were best movies to come out of MCU imo. Really thrilling, different and nice character study films. I highly recommend both?

Ergh. I really don't want to. Whenever I tell someone I'm not a fan of something popular, they try to convince me I just have to give it another chance or that I just haven't exposed myself to the right "thing". I say I'm not a fan of Wes Anderson, and I'm told to watch Life Aquatic. I say I'm not a fan of Studio Ghibli, and I'm told to watch Princess Mononoke. I say I'm not a fan of MCU, and I'm told to watch Winter Soldier or Civil War.

If I'm not a fan of something, there's a reason for it, and telling me to watch more of something I don't like isn't going to change anything. I know why I'm not a Wes Anderson fan - telling me to watch more Wes Anderson movies isn't going to change that; likewise, I know why I'm not an MCU fan - telling me to watch more MCU won't change that. Maybe if I can't find anything to watch and need to put something on while I work so I have something to listen to then I'll put it on and see what they're like - otherwise it's gonna be a hard pass.

7 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Listening to any good music lately?

Not too too much because I've been listening to podcasts and catching up on TV. Gorillaz new album is super good, Paramore's new album is super good, and I just found out about Unknown Mortal Orchestra and holy hell they're amazing - Multi-Love and II helped me get through the last stretch of college. Can't get enough.

44 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I enjoyed the new Paramore too. It's definitely a different sound but they pull it off well?

Yeah, Hard Times took a few listens to get used to and I was still a bit weary when the album came out, but I was soon put at ease. Really good stuff - probably my favorite, honestly.

8 minutes ago, EXTRA THICC™ said:

I see. Oh well.

what else you are not fan of something popular?

Off the top of my head I can just think of Wes Anderson and Studio Ghibli. Rogue One. Hot Fuzz I thought was a total headache to watch. Hunter X Hunter and My Hero Academia also aren't my cup of tea but I don't know how popular they are. I don't really dislike things that often because, weirdly enough, I really don't like it. I want to like things, so I typically do.

If you have anything popular in mind, feel free to throw it at me and I'll be more than happy to tell you if I like or dislike.

4 hours ago, terminoob said:

If you have anything popular in mind, feel free to throw it at me and I'll be more than happy to tell you if I like or dislike.

Harry Potter? :funny: