• Advertisement

I think I missed this fad

terminoob

On 7/10/2016 at 6:20 PM, Katniss said:

Do you feel like movies are being overly advertised these days? I feel like I'm constantly seeing the same trailers before YT videos and on TV.

Gotta get the word out somehow, I guess. I feel like if trailers were made differently it wouldn't be such a bad thing, or if they came up with better ways to advertise using YouTube it'd be fine, but when we only see the same trailer every hour of every day for six months it gets to be really annoying.

4 hours ago, Clappy said:

So how's your Pokemon Goventure going?

Okay-ish. Just got to level 13, a little over halfway to 14. Have yet to battle a gym because I'm way more into collecting than battling. Would be going better if it wasn't so humid outside.

Yeah I've been more into the collecting aspect myself even though I've already chosen my team (I'm on Team Valor).  There aren't that many gyms by me and most of the ones I've been finding have been either near work and in the city close to my friend's apartment.  I'm planning on hopefully trying out some of the gyms at least near work when I get back from vacation since those are easier to access?

11 hours ago, Clappy said:

Yeah I've been more into the collecting aspect myself even though I've already chosen my team (I'm on Team Valor).  There aren't that many gyms by me and most of the ones I've been finding have been either near work and in the city close to my friend's apartment.  I'm planning on hopefully trying out some of the gyms at least near work when I get back from vacation since those are easier to access?

You're Valor? But... but... I'm Mystic... I can't believe you'd do this to me.

latest?cb=20130414104309

As far as gyms go, there's like one on every block here in NYC but I feel so outclassed already and they change hands every couple minutes so I don't have any incentive to try to battle for one when 1) I'm not strong enough to take them and 2) I wouldn't be able to hold them for more maybe 30 minutes.

So I'm in the same state as you right now, except opposite ends of the state, and I can already tell you I've found more Clefairys and Drowzees up here in comparison to Virginia which I've found zero of both up to this point.  I somewhat have an incentive to take over the gym at the lake I'm at because it's had the same Pokemon trainer holding it for the day and a half I've been up here.  Should I try it?

On 7/17/2016 at 8:25 AM, Clappy said:

So I'm in the same state as you right now, except opposite ends of the state, and I can already tell you I've found more Clefairys and Drowzees up here in comparison to Virginia which I've found zero of both up to this point.  I somewhat have an incentive to take over the gym at the lake I'm at because it's had the same Pokemon trainer holding it for the day and a half I've been up here.  Should I try it?

Yeah, go for it. Can't do any harm.

11 hours ago, Teamwork said:

Would you mind going over to my art thread and giving me an honest, if need be brutal, critique?

200_s.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clappy said:

Still playing Pokemon Go?  Because I have to know if you've been to Central Park, which I hear is home to many Pokemon and Pokestops.

Still occasionally play when I can get out. I haven't really had a lot of time to go outside so I haven't actually touched it in a couple weeks. I'd like to try to hit up Central Park soon, but I might not be able to for a while. But yeah, lots of Pokemon, lots of Pokestops - they even have portable Pokemon Go chargers you can rent out. NYC in general is full of Pokestops. There's, like, at least 10 around my dorm. It's crazy.

10 minutes ago, Dr. WhoBob said:

what are your favorite supervillains?

The Rogues would be my favorite collectively, I think. Their relationship with The Flash is really unique and I like it a lot. Sinister Six, Lex Luthor, and Dr. Doom are all pretty awesome too, though.

5 hours ago, Dr. WhoBob said:

I still haven't seen season 2 of Flash (gotta finish that and season 3-4 of Arrow) but did they appear in season 2 or are they gonna be in season 3?

We get Running to Stand Still, which is probably the closest to a Rogues episode we'll get for a while. They might reappear in season 3 but at the moment there are more important plot points for them to deal with. Captain Cold and Heatwave were both on Legends of Tomorrow too, and Wentworth Miller signed a deal to be a regular on all Arrowverse shows (John Barrowman and Katie Cassidy signed it too, and maybe one other person but I forget) so we'll get a lot of Captain Cold (and Merlyn and Black Canary).

You also really don't have to finish Arrow. Both of those seasons are unwatchable.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, terminoob said:

We get Running to Stand Still, which is probably the closest to a Rogues episode we'll get for a while. They might reappear in season 3 but at the moment there are more important plot points for them to deal with. Captain Cold and Heatwave were both on Legends of Tomorrow too, and Wentworth Miller signed a deal to be a regular on all Arrowverse shows (John Barrowman and Katie Cassidy signed it too, and maybe one other person but I forget) so we'll get a lot of Captain Cold (and Merlyn and Black Canary).

You also really don't have to finish Arrow. Both of those seasons are unwatchable.

I kind of wanna judge those seasons of Arrow by myself so yeah, even if they suck for me in the end, I'll have something to examine? :P