• Advertisement

My thesis on why Mindy doesn't appear in future Spongebob episodes

According to Hillenburg himself, the Movie is the authentic finale of Spongebob. If it's the finale, this means that all the other episodes, pre and post movie alike, cannot have Mindy. On the subject of the movie, Mindy actually first met Spongebob and Patrick at that point. Unless the the second movie is a follow-up the Movie, it won't be Mindy's only appearance. But chances are, she may or may not be in it, depending on Scarlett Johansen being casted, or if she's scripted or not. Therefore, Mindy is only canon to the Movie.

My thesis sounds a lot like your thesis, except not as in depth.

I think that is the only time we will ever see or hear from Mindy. My best bet is that the next SpongeBob SquarePants movie will involve a completely different storyline that doesn't parallel the first movie. Thus, I don't think Mindy/Scarlett Johansson won't make an appearance.

......I thought everyone knew this already. And it's not that Mindy hasn't been born yet; the characters don't really age. It's just that Patrick and Spongebob hadn't met her until the movie. Which, chronologicaly, is the last thing to happen in the series. We never see Mindy because she only appears in what is supposed to be taken as the last episode. ....But I'm serious, I thought this was common knowledge. :P

You know what would be a good thesis? Why there are two King Neptunes. Now that, I'd like to see. ;)

• Like 2

Exactly my thoughts Jibbix. They need to make a clearer reason why there are two Neptunes. Even if they just made a new Neptune for the movie, they should explain it one of these days. Maybe they are brothers, thus having the same last name (yes Neptune could be a last name instead of a first one).