• Advertisement

Hotel Transylvania

5 months early on this? I suppose so. This is simply Sony Animation's next film, which is coming out on September 28th this year. You might as well tremble in fear that Adam Sandler is the lead, and it sort of falls under the All-Star Movie Cast cliche, but my money is on who's directing the film: Genndy Tartakovsky. Discuss the upcoming film.

I hope the cast appeals to a wide-enough audience that a lot of people get familiar with Tartavosky so he can start doing more TV shows. He deserves the fame and success that his CalArts alumni/alumna are getting.

By the way, here's the trailer:

The critcism sort of hits me. It has like an 80% approval from the audience, but the fact that I see some kind of dissonance between regular critic reaction and our reactions is what I see with Hotel Transylvania, as if the scores don't really matter much.

On the basis on comparing a different movie, it's kind of like how critics like the Wild Thornberrys Movie and the regular moviegoers don't seem to like it.

A HUMONGOUS improval over Adam Sandler's LAST box-office movie disaster (*cough*"Jack and Jill"*cough*). I must say that I did not think that Adam Sandler could play a convincing Dracula, but I'm glad to say that I was wrong. A really great movie, and Steve Buscemi's Werewolf character was my favorite to watch. I hope that people will start paying some more attention to Genndy Tartokovosky now! :D Enough said! ;)

And Hotel Transylvania seems to have a 44% on Rotten Tomatoes as the result. This is bad, especially considering the casting of Adam Sandler, and Genndy actually having a "dud."

But I don't care, fuck the critics, I still want to see it.

You would have to grow up with Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack in order to recognize the brilliance of Genndy's work. For most critics on RT, that's not the case.