• Advertisement

Parks and Recreation

Ron

Yeah, same. I watched most of Season 1 and the protagonist was basically just Michael Scott, minus the penis.

Actually, I kinda disagree. I've watched both shows over and over and over, and there's a difference between Leslie and Michael. Michael is just incredibly stupid, socially incapable, a slacker, nuisance, and he usually pisses people off. Leslie is bright, has great ideas, works hard at her job, doesn't annoy people (or at least as much as Michael), doesn't piss people off, and she has more social smarts than Michael does. She's also more jumpy and likable that Michael Scott is portrayed as.

• Like 1

Super bump, but wow looking at all this hate for Parks and Rec minus tvguy's posts like:

2a5kec.jpg

Fantastic show. I honestly love everyone from the main cast minus Mark Brendanaw who thankfully left the show in Season 2 in replacement of much better characters.

• Like 3

I heartily concur with Claps. This show may seem like The Office at first, but after a few episodes it really comes into its own as a great show. The writing is absolutely hilarious and I adore the characters. Parks and Rec is also a sweet show with a lot of heartwarming moments and is very pro-women and pro-friendships, which I appreciate. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it yet.

This show got so much better after Season 1 that it almost feels like a completely different show. The whole idea that it's "The Office" with these characters was gone by the end of Season 2.

Also Mark sucks who even is he?