• Advertisement

Paranormal Activity Franchise

Clappy

Definitely the scariest movie I have seen in quite some time. I watched it tonight and I don't know if I can fall asleep tonight after watching it. I mean it is makeing me wonder what happens in my sleep. The whole demon thing is more improbable, but its not impossible 428899.gif

Who else has seen it?

In my opinion, I thought it was really boring. The only part that made me scared was the end when the screen is quiet for a minute, and then the guy smashes into the camera and the girl lets out a demonic scream and jumps at the screen....

I already made a topic for the first film but I merged my topic to your topic since yours is about the franchise in general.

Anyway, see my post above for my opinion on Paranormal Activity

Both are on Netflix, but I have no interest in watching. The camera angles look very irritating, artistic decision or not.

The second one is on Netflix? I don't think it is... I've searched for it and nothing has come up.

But it doesn't matter about the camera angle; it catches everything you need to see. But like Claps said, it's pretty scary. For me, it wasn't so much the ghost, and it mentally and physically torturing Katie (the protagonist) that frightened me, but it was the fact that I couldn't see the demon. That's really what made me ponder and get scared.

The second one is on Netflix? I don't think it is... I've searched for it and nothing has come up.

Oh, nevermind. xD Anyways, maybe if I get incredibly bored this summer I'll check it out, but I'm just not interested.

The first one was one of the scariest movies I have ever seen.

The sequel was attempting to be more of the same but just failed terribly.

Now I hear that there is a third? This franchise is quickly turning into the Saw movies, so I'll pass.

^That!

But I still haven't seen the second... and now I kinda don't want to. :/

So, third one was a true step up from previous films. VERY fresh, entertaining, and it really catches you by surprise when these really raw events begin to happen after around fifteen minutes it. Usually it gradually leads up to the climax, but with this one... it just shoots up and doesn't stop.

It can be a little graphic, and note that.

Just got home from watching. Great beginning and build-up throughout, but the ending was sorta meh to me. Definitely a step up from the previous film, though.

That's what I thought. It definitely didn't stack up to the raves people were saying about the ending.

The second one sucks ass.

Also, i don't like how in the third film the entity is portrayed as a monster, all big and tough. I like it better as a more human demon, and thought that was scarier; monsters aren't scary.

I don't like how it's acting like (spoiler) an attack dog for a bunch of old ladies. Hopefully they do the demon more justice in future installments.

Oh is that what that is? I don't understand how the coven/ghost came into play together.