• Advertisement

Paranormal Activity Franchise

Clappy

Oh is that what that is? I don't understand how the coven/ghost came into play together.

The coven apparently worship the thing, but I'm pretty sure the whole Grandma's deal with the devil thing was already addressed in the previous film. Which is kinda how I came to expect what the ending would be once they made the trip to Granny's house.

The coven apparently worship the thing, but I'm pretty sure the whole Grandma's deal with the devil thing was already addressed in the previous film. Which is kinda how I came to expect what the ending would be once they made the trip to Granny's house.

How does the mom not know her mother is a part of a coven? o.o

How does the mom not know her mother is a part of a coven? o.o

I'm guessing she's a very oblivious person, a ditz or stubborn? She does mention that her mother does stay up late at night so she must've had some idea that something was going on with her mother.

First trailer for Paranormal Activity 4 came out not too long ago.

IxfTnACwvXs

Color me intrigued, especially since they had the same guys who made PA3 returning for this installment.

• Like 1

Ooh, looks really good. :3 Hopefully they have some actual plot rather than the same formula the past three films have followed; I'd expect as much, considering everything appears to be coming to a head in terms of storyline.

I like how they are modernizing this one with the two teens communicating through Skype as the girl is a pulling a "Rear Window" as she observes Katie and the little boy.

Granted that means I need to catch up with the franchise since I still have yet to see the mediocre PA2. But I did enjoy PA3 as it was almost as good as the original PA to me.

Haha this looks so shitty. I keep forgetting I picked up the first one at Blockbuster's liquidation sale a while back. I'll watch it one of these days. It's the only one that actually has that cheap look, since they shot it on DV. That's another pet peeve with these movies i believe i mentioned. Why the fuck can't you use an actual camcorder? This might look/be scary or effective if they'd utilize that and save a shitload of money. Oh well. At least I still have the Blair Witch Project.

I'll probably see it next week. The last installment was underwhelming and mostly lulzy for me and I expect the same coming out of this so I better get some good laughs.

One thing I don't get about the overall plot of the movies tho, possible spoilers for those who don't follow the series so sue me. Kay, how do the girls not remember that their grandma is pretty much the instigator behind all the activity? I mean, they were there when she sicked her hellhound on their dad in the third movie. They're certainly old enough to remember such a tragic event but they seem to have amnesia in the other two movies. I'm assuming they were brainwashed or something considering the grandma seemed like she was part of a cult, or perhaps I'm missing something entirely?

I'll probably see it next week. The last installment was underwhelming and mostly lulzy for me and I expect the same coming out of this so I better get some good laughs.

One thing I don't get about the overall plot of the movies tho, possible spoilers for those who don't follow the series so sue me. Kay, how do the girls not remember that their grandma is pretty much the instigator behind all the activity? I mean, they were there when she sicked her hellhound on their dad in the third movie. They're certainly old enough to remember such a tragic event but they seem to have amnesia in the other two movies. I'm assuming they were brainwashed or something considering the grandma seemed like she was part of a cult, or perhaps I'm missing something entirely?

^This. I mean, if they remember everything else, why do they not remember the part about their grandma? o.o

Well, the fourth installment was everything I expected it to be. If it weren't for my foot cramping up, I wouldn't have stayed for the post-credits scene, which is supposedly gonna lead up to spinoff that will lead back into Paranormal Activity 5 from what I heard.