• Advertisement

SpongeBob Anniversary party/SB party playlist

Steel Sponge

After making a post on 4EG's poll thread where I suggested an ideal playlist, I've had this idea swirling around that I should create a personal, legitimate playlist for celebrating SB's 20th anniversary and for it to be used for any other kind of SB-related occasion. This is a work in-progress, but so far into creating this playlist, I have 28 songs representing it. It is a hodgepodge of typical SB songs, songs similar to the series in theme (i.e. "Yellow Submarine," "Under the Sea," Beach Boys), songs from Stephen Hillenburg's favorite acts (i.e. Ween, The Flaming Lips, Tame Impala, and Wilco), and songs that I feel correlate well to SB's blend of music  ("Shadowplay," "Rockaway Beach," and again, The Beach Boys) or tone (i.e. The B-52's, "One Love," "Friday, I'm in Love," "Freedom of Choice," "Burning Down the House.")

I should have no problem adding more songs to the playlist. I think around 40-50 songs would be enough for it, but I'd at least like to see if anyone is willing to make any requests for what else I should add to it. I am also open to feedback, so feel free to express your opinion on this playlist.

• Like 1