• Advertisement

Spin-Off/Lit Trivia Contest 2019

Jjs Goodman

Think you know everything about SBC fan-fiction? Here we go: another ultimate Spin-Off trivia game awaits...but with a twist!

IMPORTANT: For the first time ever, there is a big difference with how this trivia is set up: We will be using SBC's new Quizzes feature for all six trivia rounds! For those who were getting tired of the PM format, I decided to do something different to experiment and see how members like this new system being used for trivia contests. If people don't like it, I'll go back to PMs for our next trivia, but if a lot like it, I'll keep Quizzes. Because of this change however, the gameplay will work slightly differently than past trivia contests, so keep reading below to know how things changed.

Rules:

-You can use the internet if you'd like, but you will be in a race with others to do these quizzes, so you better know how to use Google, the forums, or the wiki, which can all help answer these.

-The first completed quiz with a perfect score gets points, descending from however many are playing to 1, based on who answered first. For example, if 5 people are playing, and SOF, Winter, Mythix, Trophy and Patty sent in their answers in that order, SOF would get 5, Winter would get 4, and so on. If one person fails the quiz, then they would be skipped and however many points they were supposed to get would go to the next person who answered, if any. If you got several answers wrong, then you will lose a few points depending how many you got wrong.

-After all quizzes are turned in, the person who was first to complete the quiz wins. To have fairness, you cannot win twice in a row. You can play in the next round for overall score points, but if you are leading and won the previous game, the second place person will win instead.

-You can join whenever. However, be warned that the later you join to play, the less chance you have of winning the overall prizes. 

Prizes: 

-Whoever wins each individual round will gain two prizes: 300 SOF Tickets and 300 doubloons. 

-Whoever has the most overall points at the end after Round 6 will get two special grand prizes:

• 1,000 SOF Tickets
  • A badge. If the person who won already won a past Spin-Off/Lit trivia, they will keep their Mrs. Puff badge, but if the person who wins it is new, they get a brand new one.

The first round will be Monday, May 27th at 7:00pm EDT! The theme will be Spin-Offs (general), hosted by me. I will post a link to the quiz when it is time. Be sure to check this topic for updates. Any further questions, feel free to post here. If you want to sign up, go ahead. Just keep in mind you can sign-up anytime if you forget to, but signing up will allow me to send reminder PMs. The previous winners were Trophy, Hayden and JCM, so let's see if one of them takes the throne again or if someone else will step up to bat!

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Wow 1

The quiz is now open!:

You will have 30 minutes to complete it. You can use internet. NOTICE: You only get one play, I will not count any retakes. At 7:30pm, I will post who won and the overall scores.

Edited by jjsthekid

Results:

1st: SRRS

2nd: Mythix

3rd: Steel

Congrats to SRRS, who wins the 300 Tickets and 300 Doubloons! Mythix and Steel also get tickets for playing. Rob can play in tomorrow night's round for overall points, but cannot win it.

Tomorrow's round will be Literatures (General) themed. Report to this topic when it's time.

Overall Scores:

Rob: 3

Mythix: 2

Steel: 1

I can't even get around to playing, on a day that I have off, and have nothing else majorly PLANNED! o.o I SUCK at keeping track of the time for this website's scheduled events! :rolleyes: They REALLY need to invent an app that can help me keep TRACK of these things! :hysterical: Enough said! ;)

• God Himself 1

Results:

1st: Winter

2nd: SRRS

3rd: Mythix

4th: OBAB

Congrats to Winter, who wins the 300 Tickets and 300 Doubloons! Rob, OBAB and Mythix also get tickets for playing. Winter can play in tomorrow night's round for overall points, but cannot win it.

Tomorrow's round will be Spin-Off & Lit Characters themed. Report to this topic when it's time.

Overall Scores:

Rob: 6

Winter: 4

Mythix: 4

OBAB: 1

Steel: 1

Results:

1st: Rob

2nd: Winter

3rd: Steel

4th: Mythix

Congrats to Rob who wins the 300 Tickets and 300 Doubloons! Steel, Mythix and Winter also get tickets for playing. Rob can play in the next round for overall points, but cannot win it.

Round 4 will be on Monday, June 3rd at 7pm EDT. It will be Spin-Off & Lit Locations themed. Report to this topic when it's time.

Overall Scores:

Rob: 10

Winter: 7

Mythix: 5

Steel: 3

OBAB: 1