• Advertisement

Vince McMahon reviving the XFL

Clappy

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-vince-mcmahon-football-xfl-20180125-story.html

In an attempt to try and compete with the NFL...again...WWE CEO Vince McMahon is bringing back his infamous disaster from 2001, the XFL.

The New XFL will be nothing like the one from 2001 as it will be a family friendly alternative with eight teams, forty man rosters, a ten game season not including the playoffs, and his league will allegedly remove politics out of it (yeah good luck with that one).

Thoughts?

giphy.gif

Having never experienced XFL before (seeing as I was only 3 at the time it first appeared), I have no expectations for it to meet and am open-minded to whatever Vincy will dish out.

As for "politics"...that is not for here. But I hope politics will be kept out of XFL, as it should be.

I'm honestly interested for the hell of it, never get to see other different leagues besides the occasional Arena game on TV for the Philadelphia team and the Grey Cup so fully experiencing another league, even if it's for just one season with awful play, will be nice.

Gotta admit that the senile, out of touch old man still has his grape fruits (well, selectively at times). I've gradually fallen off the NFL (football, in general since I've even stopped caring about college games) wagon for years, but I am aware of their declining ratings and whatnot. A big difference compared to the XFL's first run, if you ask me. If Vince can somehow draw in that disenfranchised crowd and keep their attention for more than one week, as well as cutting out the bullshit that plagued its first season (which it sounds like they will), it'll definitely make for some interesting tv. Probably the most interested I've been in American football for a while. Let's see what more new innovations (both good and bad, I'm sure) Vince can bring to the game.