• Advertisement

One Hit Wonderland Bracket Tournament! INSTRUCTIONS AND RULES

Wumbo

All right, here we go! So I have a list of 128 one-hit wonders that Todd has not yet covered. Through bracket-style elimination, we will find out which one-hit wonder is our most requested for Todd to review! And should the opportunity ever arise for us to buy a OHW request, this is the song we will choose.

Rules are simple: Every week, I will post sixteen songs in eight brackets. It's up to you to vote on each bracket to move a song on to the next round. I'll give you until the end of the week to do so. Once 64 songs have moved on, the next bracket will begin. And so on until we end up with one victor at the top.

There's no official stance on how you should vote, whether you want to vote for your favourite song or the weirdest song or even the worst song. I do ask that you at least give the songs one listen before voting, however, just to be fair. I guess the rough guideline is "vote for the song you most want Todd to do a One hit Wonderland episode on".

The first set will be posted soon! Have fun and TURN DOWN FOR WHAT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wumbo said:

Question for y'all:

Is Snow Patrol a one-hit wonder?

That would depend on who you ask, same with any other European acts with one big hit that most people know of. For example, I've seen assertions about Franz Ferdinand, Oasis, and Blur not being one-hit wonders more than I see arguments towards Snow Patrol being classified as one. I do know more than one Snow Patrol song, but I think it's safe to consider Snow Patrol as a OHW because I rarely see people acknowledge the band for more than just "Chasing Cars," but when some people do, they would only be willing to throw in "Run" into the mix. Snow Patrol being classified as a OHW also depends on the band's success in other places in the world, and where I am in the States, outside of its fans, Snow Patrol only being best known for "Chasing Cars" still rings true to me. Midnight Oil were successful in their home country (Australia), but otherwise they were best known for one hit in the States, and so they had an episode on One Hit Wonderland.

• Like 1

Some small but useful info that I think can be used towards the tournament. Todd has acknowledged that, along with Rick Astley, Tiffany, Rick Springfield, MC Hammer, and Bonnie Tyler (also Bananarama in a separate tweet) do not count as one-hit wonders in his perspective.

2 hours ago, Cousin Mel said:

Some small but useful info that I think can be used towards the tournament. Todd has acknowledged that, along with Rick Astley, Tiffany, Rick Springfield, MC Hammer, and Bonnie Tyler (also Bananarama in a separate tweet) do not count as one-hit wonders in his perspective.

Haha, I replied to that Tweet with Coolio iirc. I think for the most part the songs in the bracket are legit one-hit wonders, there's just a few outliers that are annoying and there really shouldn't be any with a Wikipedia article.

Would you guys still have time to vote if I shortened the voting period? Say, three or four days? I'd just like to get through this as quickly as possible so we don't have Todd covering one of the hits still in the tournament.

Hey guys,

Gonna retire this as it's a lot more time-consuming than I realized it would be. If someone else wants to take the reins, I'll give 'em the tools necessary, but I can't run this with all the shit that's going on in my life. I apologize, and I'll try to come up with some project in 2018 to make up for it.