• Advertisement

206a. Unreal Estate

Shark Tale

Rating?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Houses: Squidward, you're a good friend.
    • 4/5 Houses: I'll help you find a great new home!
    • 3/5 Houses: You can't be allergic to a house!
    • 2/5 Houses: Turn off the house!
    • 1/5 Houses: Everything you do is just horrible!

ZWmFQ8Y.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, June 3rd @ 10:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, June 3rd @ 4:00pm ET/PT

Sunday, June 4th @ 11:30am ET/PT

Saturday, June 10th @ 9:30am ET/PT

Plot:

When SpongeBob thinks he has an allergy to his pineapple, Squidward offers to help find him a new home.

Clips:

N/A

I'm sure as most of you know this, along with "Code Yellow", has already aired in Israel, and uploads for it are floating around.

Edited by Austin Layers

I was extremely impressed by how well-made this episode is. The fact that, even without the English dialogue, I could understand exactly where the story was going, and still find the visual humor hilarious is a testament to how much effort and artistic skill the animators have. It was just so fun to see how many new, creative designs that the team could think of for ridiculous houses, and the fun slapstick gags they made from it, just showing how silly SpongeBob living in a hollowed-out fruit really is. My favorite's this theme-song gag.

tumblr_on5n4klMFp1ryurmdo1_1280.gif

tumblr_on5n4klMFp1ryurmdo2_1280.gif

tumblr_on5n4klMFp1ryurmdo3_1280.gif

Definitely excited to watch the episode when it comes out in the United States!

• Like 5

Maybe it's just me, but the sandwich house gag kind of seems like it's both poking fun at the Pillsbury Dough Boy, and the average eating habits of the 'average' American. In any case, it will sure be interesting to watch once it comes out in the states.

The episode was actually pretty hilarious. A grouchy squidward episode where he can still act somewhat zany as in the newer seasons and he still gets what he deserved in the end. The gags were pretty nice from the intro with the hose and kids until the whole reveal at the end. This is already top three in the season for me along Burst Your Bubble and Mimic Madness, and possibly the funniest of them all.

8.5/10, may make it higher later on, trying to give it slightly lower because it still isn't quite up to par with the very best of the series but it fits in nicely.

• Like 2

At first, I thought it was gonna be like a typical SpongeBob and Squidward episode. But to my expectations, that was actually pretty good, even for Ben Gruber's writing standards. He managed to write SpongeBob and Squidward in character, as in their old selves. Brian Morante did some pretty awesome drawings as well. The episode's humor is actually rather funny in a good way rather than being forced comedy for the sake of the plot. Squidward acted like a jerk who wanted to get rid of SpongeBob, but he does his punishment, therefore his abuse was justified, just like the ending to The Whole Tooth. The best part of the episode was definitely when they looking for a new house and we get to see three different parody of the theme song, complete with Pat Pinney reprising his role as Painty the Pirate while singing them. The ending was unexcepted but the whole neighborhood swap places. All in all, it was really fun episode with some good humor. Definitely Gruber's best script for SpongeBob.  8.5/10

• Like 2

Ben Gruber DEFINITELY wrote the BETTER episode segment of the two that premiered today! Totally wasn't EXPECTING Squidward to want a NEW place for himself! o.o And the comedy pays OFF when he ends up

having to take Patrick's rock because his neighbor's SWAPPED their living places!

I'd give THIS episode segment a 10/10! :D

• Like 3

It was okay. First half dragged a bit, but the second half was fine. I liked the altered openings with SpongeBob's new houses, and the abandoned house turning out to be a rocket was clever.

Grade: B-

Edited by Austin Layers

I really liked this episode. The part of SpongeBob and Squidward looking for houses was my fav, especially the gag with the theme song and the fish restaurant. For some reason, I really enjoy watching SpongeBob shave too. The ending was nice too with the three neighbors swapping houses. My favorite type of episodes are SpongeBob/Squidward ones, and I think this one might be my favorite. 

This episode was so great. I seriously can't believe Ben Gruber balanced the pace through, told an interesting story with enough use of silliness and used a classic Squidward/SpongeBob dynamic. I loved gags of SpongeBob searching for different food houses, cutaway of great times of SpongeBob with his pineapple house and the twist of Squidward's new house being a rocket, which also reminded me of Sandy's Rocket. I really enjoyed every single aspect of this episode. A well structured story with really good slapstick. Ben Gruber's best work by far and one of the best of season 10.

Grade: A

• Like 1

Here's another very enjoyable episode. While the episode's idea (Spongebob has to find a new house due to there being an apparent problem with his old one) isn't the most original plot, the jokes they back it up with work very well. The opening parodies, for example, were great (and better than the ones in Truth or Square), and nearly everything here works. Everyone's in character (which wouldn't seem likely considering how the writer's (Ben Gruber or should i say ben gruper) first episode on the show was this one), the episode's funny all around and the animation is great (though that's par for the course with Season 10). By the ways, this was the first episode I saw of Season 10, and it got me back into the show. This episode proved to me that Spongebob was good again, so if there's any more reason for me to enjoy this one, that would be it.

FINAL RATING: 9/10 (GREAT episode)