• Advertisement

Community

70s

Looks like it got picked up for a shortened fourth season (seems like a lot of comedies on NBC are getting 13 episode seasons). Here's hoping the fall comedies bomb so NBC is forced to pick it up for another 9.

I'm definitely interested in how the writers are gonna close out the show in 13 episodes, though, unless this season takes place in summer school with season 5 being the final year.

I'd be really surprised if the show doesn't get a back 9 next year. NBC is in a shitty state and while Community's ratings aren't great it has a reliable, built-in fanbase.

So Dan Harmon got fired.

tumblr_m4at9hnaTk1qhwd9vo1_500.gif

Two writers who are on/were on/got Starbucks orders for the people on/did something for Happy Endings are being brought in to replace him, so... yay? Happy Endings walks the fine line between quirky and accessible, so I hope they don't screw up *too much* Community but instead just make it more viewer-friendly so it's not such a bubble show anymore (my ulterior motive behind hoping this happens is that I want another thing I can be hipster about).

So Dan Harmon got fired.

tumblr_m4at9hnaTk1qhwd9vo1_500.gif

Two writers who are on/were on/got Starbucks orders for the people on/did something for Happy Endings are being brought in to replace him, so... yay? Happy Endings walks the fine line between quirky and accessible, so I hope they don't screw up *too much* Community but instead just make it more viewer-friendly so it's not such a bubble show anymore (my ulterior motive behind hoping this happens is that I want another thing I can be hipster about).

That's Awful! :(

Me Neither! I did not even hear or see any kind of news of it until I read his post.

He blogged about it on his tumblr; other than that, I don't think it got a lot of coverage because it was super lowkey. Apparently the cast of the show were given suggested responses to what they should tell reporters who ask about it.

Looks like it got picked up for a shortened fourth season (seems like a lot of comedies on NBC are getting 13 episode seasons). Here's hoping the fall comedies bomb so NBC is forced to pick it up for another 9.

I'm definitely interested in how the writers are gonna close out the show in 13 episodes, though, unless this season takes place in summer school with season 5 being the final year.

Except The Office, which got another full season.

It's a trainwreck now. I fucking hate Andy.