• Advertisement

La La Land

BoJack Horseman

This is just a teaser but wksndrkqlsmekekekane.

It looks already great to me. This is the movie I'm anticipating the most prob. I'm getting Gosling/Stone chemistry vibes already. The music looks bae and the cinematography looks nop-notch. And this is a musical. I can't wait for this. Did I mention this is from the director/writer of Whiplash? :sbgrin:

• Like 1

La La Land.  This is going to be fantastic just based off the talent involved.)

Quoted from the beginning of this year when asked in my ask thread as to what my most anticipated movie of 2016 is.  This still stands true more than halfway through the year and I absolutely can't wait.

• Like 1

I've been hearing a lot of good buzz about this film and even Oscar talk for Emma. Trying not to get too hyped for this but it's hard. It looks fantastic. That cinematography is a dream <3

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

Saw this last night. It was fantastic! Beautifully shot, great songs, and Ryan and Emma deliver solid performances. I'll go into more detail when I do my best movies of 2016 list (spoiler alert (smirk) ) but long story short, I really enjoyed it. Even my cousin, who doesn't normally watch musicals but went to watch this with me, liked it a lot.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Saw this last night. It was fantastic! Beautifully shot, great songs, and Ryan and Emma deliver solid performances. I'll go into more detail when I do my best movies of 2016 list (spoiler alert (smirk) ) but long story short, I really enjoyed it. Even my cousin, who doesn't normally watch musicals but went to watch this with me, liked it a lot.

I'd say same. I didn't love it as much as everyone but I still think it was great and it's gonna be on my list for sure, watch out (smirk) 

There's just something about this movie that was unnaturally fantastic. The acting, the music (City of Stars is like GOD), the cinematography ... There is a fantasy scene near the tail end of this movie that is perhaps the best series of shots I've seen in a non-music video in 2016.  The way it plays straight like a legitimate musical and then subverts it all halfway through? God. Ryan Gosling being smoov and delicious and Emma Stone being smoother and even more delicious? AND John Legend? God. How sad and real it gets by the end is fantastic, the small bit parts are played so well, and the musical sequences are well directed and- this is needless stream of consciousness doting,  but there wasn't a single flaw in this movie and I enjoyed the shit from start to finish. Fantastic film and I'm glad Damien got to make it, and I'm glad it killed at the Golden Globes the other day. <3

i also got my first kiss at the end of the credits so that in retrospect probably boosted it's score a little bit 

• Like 2