• Advertisement

CyanideFishbone reviews random albums and songs because why not

CyanideFishbone

Okay let's go with all these reviews and these aren't exactly reviews more like short opinions but whatever who cares honestly

On 2/24/2016 at 7:37 PM, Fred Rechid said:

Plush by Stone Temple Pilots

Ahh, early eighth grade. Can't believe that's gonna be 2 years ago soon. I was pretty damn angry back then, and some of STP's songs ("Sex Type Thing" also comes to mind) were some songs I loved. Never dug into Core, which I should do sometime. I bet someone here loved it and it was the best record ever and changed their life and now they feel complete after listening to it but ah whatever. Great track. Great grunge song of the 90's. Love Scott (RIP)'s lyrics in it. Great song. Can't say much else I love about it, just a great track through and through.

On 2/25/2016 at 9:13 PM, Elmyra Duff said:

I seriously feel nothing but apathy towards that. It's good, the instrumentals are fine, I guess it's just not my type of thing.

On 2/25/2016 at 0:51 AM, Floyd The Barber said:

can you review "The Unnamed Feeling" by Metallica and something by sublime? I don't really care what song just pull one out a hat or something

Might do Unnamed Feeling later as i am really not in the mood to listen to a 7 minute track, sorry. I did listen to a little bit, sounded okay I guess. St. Anger is a pretty hated album, and I've heard mixed things otherwise.

I love Sublime. RIP Bradley Nowell. The track I decided to choose for that is the song I've been kind of addicted to recently is Don't Push off 40 oz. To Freedom. Just a really chill and relaxed reggae song. Really can't say much more than that. Love Nowell's vocals on it, as with any other track. 

On 2/26/2016 at 8:14 PM, Rock said:

I've been having this song stuck in my head for 3 weeks now, and I love it:

I actually quite enjoyed that. I have never really listened to KMFDM before, and that was pretty good. I loved the riff and the vocals. Pretty good track. Thanks, may actually check this band out later if i get burned out on music.

22 hours ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Might do Unnamed Feeling later as i am really not in the mood to listen to a 7 minute track, sorry. I did listen to a little bit, sounded okay I guess. St. Anger is a pretty hated album, and I've heard mixed things otherwise.

I love Sublime. RIP Bradley Nowell. The track I decided to choose for that is the song I've been kind of addicted to recently is Don't Push off 40 oz. To Freedom. Just a really chill and relaxed reggae song. Really can't say much more than that. Love Nowell's vocals on it, as with any other track.

It's okay. I understand why you wouldn't want to listen to it. Great song anyway. St. Anger is a great album, very underrated. I mean I guess I can see why people don't like it but I think it's good.

I love Don't Push. One of my favorites off of 40 Oz. To Freedom along with the other first 9 songs and Date Rape. The rest of the album is okay, but nothing special.

7 minutes ago, Floyd The Barber said:

It's okay. I understand why you wouldn't want to listen to it. Great song anyway. St. Anger is a great album, very underrated. I mean I guess I can see why people don't like it but I think it's good.

I love Don't Push. One of my favorites off of 40 Oz. To Freedom along with the other first 9 songs and Date Rape. The rest of the album is okay, but nothing special.

Umm. New Thrash? Ebin? Hope? Just saying

18 hours ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Umm. New Thrash? Ebin? Hope? Just saying

I said the first 9 tracks. New Thrash is track 9. Maybe I should just say I don't care for Scarlet Begonias, DJs, Right Back, New Song, KRS-One, Rivers of Babylon, and Thanx. I kind of like how they actually manage to acknowledge those people in a song, but the song is rather meh itself. I put the rest of the album and Thanx onto my iPod. Thanx I kept for reasons above, but it's the one I listen to the least out if that 16. Really, even the songs I left off aren't that bad. Except KRS-One. That song sucks hard.

On 2/28/2016 at 7:00 PM, Halibut said:

review Sister Ray from WL/WH

Sure

Seventeen minutes? :/ I'm terribly sorry, but I'll have to refrain for right now. Anything else a little shorter, sure. I'm terribly sorry, it actually sucks to say this.

Anyway, remember the top 5 worst songs of all time from a year? Well, guess what, I'm gonna do CyanideFishbone's Top 5 Worst Songs Of All Time 2016 edition. And yes, I'm starting tonight.

Okay here's some standard rules:

-Good news for Elastic, Rock, and Halibut- No Constantinople. Yeah, that song is not that bad.

-One song by one artist.

Anyways, here we go. CyanideFishbone's Top 5 Worst Songs Of All Time 2016 version:

5- Who Let The Dogs Out? By the Baha Men (2000)

And I thought COOL KIDS was bad... I can't believe this song slipped under my radar. One of the most famous novelty songs of all time, and one of the most popular songs to play at sporting events ever.... that I completely forgot existed until my cousin brought it up. He kept telling me just how much of a complete mess this song is, and I decided to sit down and give this a good listen and fuck, this song is a complete mess. First off, the singers are just... horrible. The whole "OH DOGGEH HOLD R BOWNE!!!!" part comes to mind as his voice is borderline unlistenable. Overall, this is a mess. The "WOO WOO" out of nowhere as "Who let the dogs out?" There's a distance between being fun and fucking stupid, and I bet you can guess where this landed. Complete shit. It's grating, and I'm sad I remembered just how dumb this song is. It's stupid, and a mess instrumentally and lyrically. Hope this song dies, as I needed to be remembered about this. Or maybe I forgot it existed because I stay as far away from sports events as possible. Anyone who attends sporting events regularly, please inform me of this pile of shit is still played. 

4- My Dick by Mickey Avalon (2006)

This is just an example of really bad dirty rap. Just, horribly bad dirty rap. I don't mind dirty rap. Hell, "Because I Got High" and "Crazy Rap" by Afroman are incredibly great novelty rap/dirty rap songs just because they're completely fun. They're just so fucking crazy that it's not meant to be taken seriously. This? This is just two guys arguing about the size of their dicks over a beat that calling it a damn beat is a disgrace to beats nationwide. This song has some... interesting lyrics. "My dick, bigger than a pumpkin." "It's about time we let the world know, dude, you gotta let your girl go, D.S. is the best in the business, P.S. we got dicks like Jesus." "Your dick went straight to DVD" it's also noticeable how both of them sound completely utterly bored while singing the song. Maybe that was intentional, but still, this is song is just... stupid. I really can't say much more about this. It's just a really bad piece of novelty rap/dirty rap. Maybe this would've been decent, not with cringy lyrics and a shitty "beat" that actually sounds somewhat similar to The Nutshack theme song beat now that I think about it. Hmm, that could say a few things.