• Advertisement

Best video game controller?

Nintendo has a history of making good controllers. The original N.E.S. controller was seen as a BREAKTHROUGH for video games, the Super NES controller was both ergonomical and had a PERFECT amount of buttons! And once you got past the seemingly cumbersome N64 controller's design, it was pretty solid as well. Personally, I love the Wii Classic Controller. It has NEARLY the same design as the Super N.E.S. controller, with the right amount of modern button updates!

Even though I'm not that big into gaming, Nintendo is probably best when it comes to controllers. I mean, Sony refuses to change the one for the PlayStation and my God does it feel dated. Xbox is good, though Nintendo has the longer history. I'd say it's a close one between the GameCube and Super Nintendo controller.

Gamecube. End of story.

The buttons feel very responsive (save for a couple times but nothing bad or angering) and very well placed and easy to make large combinations with. It's also very simple to get used to, and feels incredibly good to hold. 

The Gamecube controller, because it has a good design and feels comfortable in your hands. Definitely a controller design Nintendo should adopt more often.

Lol Nintendo does have classic controllers still for their newer systems.

Despite me nitpicking crushing's comment, I get where he's coming from. For hardcore gamers, the classic controller schemes that the GC used as well as X-Box and PS consoles. I love those kind of controllers when it comes to my hardcore gaming. However, I will give Nintendo tons of credit for trying to be innovative by making new control schemes. I like the Wii controller as well and I enjoy the Wii U controller as well since it has that tablet like feel.

All that being said, I love the GC controller the most. End of the day, there's a reason why Nintendo keeps making adapters for it for their new consoles. Gamers love it.

The GameCube controller of course. It's my best controlled console as I suck at handling the Wii remote. That's why I use the GameCube controller to play certain Wii games (I'm glad that the new SSB game for Wii lets us play with that controller).