• Advertisement

Studio Ghibli

Katniss

What do you guys think of their films? I haven't seen all of them, but I really enjoyed the ones I've seen. The animation is stunning. My favorites would have to be My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, and Kiki's Delivery Service.

I can't get into their movies even a little bit. I so want to like them but I just... ugh. I don't know. I get bored. I've watched Spirited Away maybe five times and each time I've never been able to enjoy it because it feels like nothing is ever happening even though it's over two hours long. I guess I liked Howl's Moving Castle but I don't know how much of that enjoyment came from the designs and how much came from the actual movie.

Yeah, I understand where termi is coming from. These movies are also a "I want to love this...but I can't get into it" thing for me. Spirited Away was kinda cool and I kinda liked what I saw of Ponyo and Howl's Moving Castle, but they just don't grab me for some reason.

I only saw Spirited Away and Princess Monoke, I think. I don't remember much about the latter, but the former was definitely a trip. Not my favorite type of anime, though. I'm much bigger on poorly dubbed 80's OVAs that lather up the sex and gore.

Yeah, I like their movies, I don't think they're really that amazing as everyone said. So I've watched Howl's Moving Castle, Grave of the Fireflies, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, and Ponyo.

My aunt owned a DVD boxset featuring all the movies up to Howl's Castle.

Guest hilaryfan80

I've seen a few of the movies, and from what I've seen, they're good movies but there's definitely a cult surrounding them. Honestly, I would watch them on occasion, but I don't think there's a whole lot of replay value.

Basically, I'd love to watch every Studio Ghibli movie, but I wouldn't watch most of them more than once.