• Advertisement

Adam Sandler Comedy 32601: Pixels

Clappy

Either the movie really is bad or the critics aren't just video game people.

Cuz the previews on tv actually look pretty promising.

......what?

Just because the movie is based off of nostalgic video game properties are by no means equal to negative reviews from movie critics. It's possible to make a good movie based off video game properties, but you have to actually put effort into no matter how much you think you can get by with the premise, which is what seems to be the case here with Pixels as to absolutely zero surprise from me. But back to what I bolded. Look no further than Wreck-It Ralph as a good example to contradict your assumption. Critics love that movie and is one of the better examples in recent memory that it is possible to make good films with video game characters if actual effort is put into it.

I'll probably end up watching this at some point to see from my personal standpoint because sometimes Adam Sandler's negatively reviewed films surprise me. But with how bad his movies have been the last five years, I'm not going to have my hopes too high.

• Like 2

Just got back from seeing this.

Spoiler

It's one of the worst Adam Sandler movies I've ever seen. It's not as bad as the 1-2 combo of atrocious that was Jack & Jill and That's My Boy, but it's a different level of bad. It's the least inspiring Adam Sandler movies I've ever seen. Yes even less inspiring than that phoned in African vacation he took with Drew Barrymore called Blended. Even less inspired than that cash grab lake vacation sequel Grown Ups 2.

This movie could have possibly worked, but I've never seen Adam Sandler go through the motions more so than he does here. He sucked the life out of nearly everything around him and he was just there to get his paycheck. Kevin James as well. It's a shame because five years ago, I thought he had tons of potential but he's done nothing but hook his name to the Happy Madison brand. Maybe someday he can rediscover his spark but I doubt it. Have no clue why Josh Gad and Peter Dinklage are involved with this since they can do better. Peter Dinklage actually has the worst performance of the entire movie. He's irritating levels of bad as his character has no redeemable characteristics whatsoever. I hope he got paid well.

But holy god, I felt like my childhood was getting raped. The story is ridiculously half assed and just use the video game based elements as poorly planned plot devices. It's an insult to my intelligence as so many elements of this plot are poorly elaborated and made up on the go. I don't know how many times I watched this movie either facepalming or becoming frustratedly bored. Also let me just say it right now that the subplot involving Josh Gad's character and Q-Bert is just painfully bad. I get what they were going for but it's so what the hell that it's creepy.

I can rant on and on and I will because I can guarandamntee that this will be elaborated in more detail on my Worst Films of 2015 list but this movie was so frustratingly bad boring lifeless. Maybe Adam Sandler's move to Netflix will be a good thing. He knows his career is floundering so he can make whatever movies he wants on Netflix with his four film contract and not have to worry too much about box office grosses. Maybe he'll rediscover his passion along the way because say what you want about Adam Sandler movies in the 2000s (not the 2010s), but at least he tried back then. This as half-assed of a movie he's ever done.

Just got back from seeing this.

Spoiler

It's one of the worst Adam Sandler movies I've ever seen. It's not as bad as the 1-2 combo of atrocious that was Jack & Jill and That's My Boy, but it's a different level of bad. It's the least inspiring Adam Sandler movies I've ever seen. Yes even less inspiring than that phoned in African vacation he took with Drew Barrymore called Blended. Even less inspired than that cash grab lake vacation sequel Grown Ups 2.

This movie could have possibly worked, but I've never seen Adam Sandler go through the motions more so than he does here. He sucked the life out of nearly everything around him and he was just there to get his paycheck. Kevin James as well. It's a shame because five years ago, I thought he had tons of potential but he's done nothing but hook his name to the Happy Madison brand. Maybe someday he can rediscover his spark but I doubt it. Have no clue why Josh Gad and Peter Dinklage are involved with this since they can do better. Peter Dinklage actually has the worst performance of the entire movie. He's irritating levels of bad as his character has no redeemable characteristics whatsoever. I hope he got paid well.

But holy god, I felt like my childhood was getting raped. The story is ridiculously half assed and just use the video game based elements as poorly planned plot devices. It's an insult to my intelligence as so many elements of this plot are poorly elaborated and made up on the go. I don't know how many times I watched this movie either facepalming or becoming frustratedly bored. Also let me just say it right now that the subplot involving Josh Gad's character and Q-Bert is just painfully bad. I get what they were going for but it's so what the hell that it's creepy.

I can rant on and on and I will because I can guarandamntee that this will be elaborated in more detail on my Worst Films of 2015 list but this movie was so frustratingly bad boring lifeless. Maybe Adam Sandler's move to Netflix will be a good thing. He knows his career is floundering so he can make whatever movies he wants on Netflix with his four film contract and not have to worry too much about box office grosses. Maybe he'll rediscover his passion along the way because say what you want about Adam Sandler movies in the 2000s (not the 2010s), but at least he tried back then. This as half-assed of a movie he's ever done.

Not even the action scenes and visuals were good?

Not even the action scenes and visuals were good?

Action scenes and visuals were done better in other summer action movies. The visuals felt like eye sores at times tbh.
  • Like 1

So I saw it today, and a bit of it was the so-bad-it's-good I was expecting from the trailer. A bit of it is also so-bad-it's-terrible, especially with the Q-Bert plot and Peter Dinklage's character. I liked the visuals though, and there were a couple of jokes I surprisingly found funny.

Overall: 3/5 it had pretty colors