• Advertisement

Kpop comes to Nickelodeon

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

Please excuse me while I throw up...  :angry: (More below)

Let's all take a moment to reflect on the last time anyone from Korea tried to make a TV show in America: The Wonder Girls Special.

Never heard of it? That's because it was such a failure on TeenNick that it was quickly removed. In case you didn't know, the Wonder Girls are a kpop group, and, following the failures of previous kpop debuts in America, they decided to try a different approach through making a TV special here.

The result? Horrible. The acting in the trailer is appalling, and the plot is unoriginal.

What makes this attempt better? They actually recruited Nick Cannon to co-produce the show.

Oh yes, because Nick Cannon is the key to success on Nickelodeon.

*sigh* What are your thoughts on the show? Personally, I think it will fail miserably.

I think I remember seeing The Wonder Girls at some point during commercial breaks or w/e - man that was a while ago. Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Nick has been getting a bit better in keeping their shows for more than one season (at least on the live-action side - mostly cause they're desperate).