• Advertisement

Ween

Fat Lenny

I have only heard Ocean Man and Loop de Loop.

Their other stuff is good, but yeah, it's a little more raunchy and experimental then the Spongebob stuff. Think the dark sense of humor from Dead Kennedys (while Ween's sense of humor isn't political) and Butthole Surfers (who were both influences for them) meets alternative. But these guys try out so many genres and it's hard to slap a label on them because of it, but the closest I can say they are is alternative.

• Like 2

Think of it this way: if you're more into noise-psychedelic-druggy-freakishness, go for the first three (GodWeenSatan, The Pod, Pure Guava). If really, REALLY good pop music suites you best, go for what came after. And if you're looking for something punkier, track down some of their early tapes. There's a shitton.

AM I GONNA SEE JESUS MOMMY

AM I GONNA DIE

I really hate to be a stickler about double posting, but dude. This adds nothing to the conversation. I like lyrics as much as the next guy, but using them to bump a thread or just for the sake of double posting serves zero purpose and is honestly just spam....unless it's to have someone gripe about it, which in that case, congratulations.
  • Like 1

>almost 3 years without a new post

time to change this.

Yeah, I'm more into GodWeenSatan-Pure Guava, in all honesty. Though that isn't to say that they didn't put out some consistently good shit up to White Pepper.