• Advertisement

Pizza

CyanideFishbone

Deep-Dish Chicago style is the best. I don't care what anyone says. The only problem with Chicago-style is it's so freaking filling. You always have some left over. There's a Chicago-style pizza place here and i always order a Chicago-style personal pizza, and i always eat about 3 slices. There's 4...

Deep-Dish Chicago style is the best. I don't care what anyone says. The only problem with Chicago-style is it's so freaking filling. You always have some left over. There's a Chicago-style pizza place here and i always order a Chicago-style personal pizza, and i always eat about 3 slices. There's 4...

You're the worst.

How?

You're making my ancestors roll over in their grave.

It's too much crust; nothing else is coming through. The crust is a vehicle for the ingredients, not the star. It's like an omelette. The eggs are there to hold everything in, they aren't there to take over the whole dish. An ideal pizza should be one that has a crust just strong enough to hold everything together without breaking, but also has a nice crunch to balance out the gooey texture of the cheese (because if it's soggy or soft then you aren't biting into anything and you don't really have a break from that one note and it can get boring to eat). The sauce should be the star. It should cover the pizza and not taste like vomit (maybe I've just had bad deep dishes but the sauce they put on it tastes a lot different than what thin crust pizza sauce tastes like). It's going to give you that flavor contrast between the cheese and crust, because without the sauce you'd just be eating cheesy bread. Seasoned well, nice tomato chunks, savory and a little bit sweet. Nothing heavy. It works well with thin crust because with deep dish there will be a lot of extra bread, so all the excess oil from the sauce will get absorbed by the crust and, ordinarily, that's a good thing - in this instance, though, it makes it soggy. It's filling because there's too much bread, which isn't how a pizza should be.

You're making my ancestors roll over in their grave.

It's too much crust; nothing else is coming through. The crust is a vehicle for the ingredients, not the star. It's like an omelette. The eggs are there to hold everything in, they aren't there to take over the whole dish. An ideal pizza should be one that has a crust just strong enough to hold everything together without breaking, but also has a nice crunch to balance out the gooey texture of the cheese (because if it's soggy or soft then you aren't biting into anything and you don't really have a break from that one note and it can get boring to eat). The sauce should be the star. It should cover the pizza and not taste like vomit (maybe I've just had bad deep dishes but the sauce they put on it tastes a lot different than what thin crust pizza sauce tastes like). It's going to give you that flavor contrast between the cheese and crust, because without the sauce you'd just be eating cheesy bread. Seasoned well, nice tomato chunks, savory and a little bit sweet. Nothing heavy. It works well with thin crust because with deep dish there will be a lot of extra bread, so all the excess oil from the sauce will get absorbed by the crust and, ordinarily, that's a good thing - in this instance, though, it makes it soggy. It's filling because there's too much bread, which isn't how a pizza should be.

Ah. Thanks, sorry.