• Advertisement

Worst Family Guy Episode of All-Time

Clappy

So we were having this discussion on the XAT just now and I figured why not make a thread for it.  Which episode do you guys consider the worst Family Guy episode of all time?  IMDB's fan voting says it's Life of Brian, but of course it's probably because so many people hated the fact that they killed Brian off to begin with and not judge the rest of the episode itself.  We discussed The Juice is Loose as the worst due to it's long five minute Conway Twitty gag and just everything about the whole OJ incident and we also talked about the stereotyping tasteless shitfest that was Turban Cowboy just this past year.  Anyone else have any thoughts on the worst Family Guy episode of all time?

I personally find it kind of difficult to call any Family Guy episode "the worst", because Family Guy is just supposed to be stupid entertainment. It's not supposed to care about actual story and character development so long as it makes you laugh. Considering that, I really only dislike a Family Guy episode if it bores me, irritates me, or both.

The Juice is Loose, Not All Dogs Go to Heaven, Brian Writes a Bestseller, and Peter's Progress are my least favorite episodes of the show because you guessed it. I found them to be the most boring and obnoxious.

Did you really need to analyze the structure of this show to answer the question?

I don't care what anyone says, Life of Brian is a great episode.

IMO, the worst Family Guy episode of all-time is Brian & Stewie because It's just 35 mintues of Stewie and Brian talking. Nothing happens in this episode. It's super boring and gross.

The other Family Guy episodes that I hate with burninig passion are German Guy, Fresh Heir, The Juice is Loose, The Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q., Brian Writers a Bestseller, Farmer Guy, April in Quahog, Peter-assment, Turban Cowboy, Vestigial Peter and Brian's a Bad Father.

The relevance of the first part of that post was explaining why I wouldn't call any episode the worst.

I'm aware, and it would've made sense if you didn't then go on to list three episodes that you don't like. You pretty much said "a show like this can't have any bad episodes except for these three but they don't count because this show can't have bad episodes".

I'm aware, and it would've made sense if you didn't then go on to list three episodes that you don't like. You pretty much said "a show like this can't have any bad episodes except for these three but they don't count because this show can't have bad episodes".

I didn't say they were bad. I just said that they were my least favorites, and I had to give some kind of reason why they were.

I didn't say they were bad. I just said that they were my least favorites, and I had to give some kind of reason why they were.

So if Family Guy can't have a "worst episode ever" even when it produces episodes that fail to do what they're supposed to do (ie: be funny), then do you think that no show can ever have a "worst episode ever"? Or are you just letting Family Guy be exempt from having bad episodes (for whatever reason)?

So if Family Guy can't have a "worst episode ever" even when it produces episodes that fail to do what they're supposed to do (ie: be funny), then do you think that no show can ever have a "worst episode ever"? Or are you just letting Family Guy be exempt from having bad episodes (for whatever reason)?

You got me. I can't answer that because I didn't think that through.

Worst episodes?

Turban Cowboy, CallGirl, Big Fat, Sea Shore Party and Jesus Mary Joseph.

DEW EYOU TINK OWR FAHMILE NEEDZ SOHME SORRT OHF LYTNING ROHD TO AHNSORB ALL DA DYSFUNCHSHUN

I don't watch Family Huy, but I know that from the Mr Enter review

I can't say i've seen an episode of Family Guy I didn't get at least some enjoyment out of it. That being said, the only bad episodes (to me) are when they get overly preachy. Like that one where Meg gets the town to turn against Brian for being atheist.

I can't say i've seen an episode of Family Guy I didn't get at least some enjoyment out of it. That being said, the only bad episodes (to me) are when they get overly preachy. Like that one where Meg gets the town to turn against Brian for being atheist.

You mean All Dogs Can't Go To Heaven. Yeah, I hate that episode but I've seen worse. Meg was very unlikeable in that episode.

You mean All Dogs Can't Go To Heaven. Yeah, I hate that episode but I've seen worse. Meg was very unlikeable in that episode.

Even with all the preachiness, it's not entirely unwatchable. I mean, the Wil Wheaton stuff made me laugh. 

Also, what about "Brenda Q"? I know pretty much everyone hates that one, but I like it.

Also, what about "Brenda Q"? I know pretty much everyone hates that one, but I like it.

I hated it because its Family Guy hypocrisy for a show that has had multiple instances of domestic abuse to suddenly dedicate an episode entirely towards how wrong it is. I don't hate it as much as I once did since its Family Guy and they obviously don't expect us to care but its still a poor idea for an episode where the three characters who want to kill the guy have all abused their wives and in Quagmire's case other lovers by striking them in such a fashion.