• Advertisement

A statement solved

Cha

Long story short.

You know how Mama Krabs claims the Krusty Krab formula to be a family recipe for generations and stuff? Well I did some thinking and I came up with a good theory. "Wait a second," I told myself, "remember in Dunces and Dragons how SpongeBob and Patrick introduce the Krabby Patties to the people so that the dragon jellyfish won't attack them? Well at the end of the episode we clearly see King Krabs flipping up some burgers. Maybe he was inspired by SpongeBob's patties to create his own? And by this the formula wasn't chronically in the show until these two messed up the time line." Bazam, and there you have the reason how the Patty could be a family heirloom but still created in Eugene Krabs' lifetime.

• Like 4

For anyone wondering:

A: Pre-"Friend or Foe": Formula doesn't exist

A: "Friend or Foe": The formula is written

A: "Help Wanted": Spongebob is hired at the Krusty Krab

A: "Dunces and Dragons": Spongebob and Patrick "go back in time" and introduce the formula to Mr. Krabs' ancestor

A: Post-"Dunces and Dragons": The formula is now passed down through Mr. Krabs' family tree; "Friend or Foe" is erased from the canon; a new timeline is created

B: "Help Wanted": Spongebob is hired at the Krusty Krab

B: "Dunces and Dragons" is effectively erased from this timeline (because Mr. Krabs' ancestor would already have the formula)

B: Spongebob and Patrick wake up at the end of "Dunces and Dragons"

B: The current show

• Like 2

So pretty much the Krabby Patty formula is on an infinite loop?

Well, no, not really. Think Back to the Future. Spongebob and Patrick go into the past and sort of muck everything up, but once they fix everything they fix it for the better and they wake up in a timeline where it was just always that.

So, actually, I was partially wrong in my initial post. Timeline A would disappear altogether.

The show has a lot of contradictions in the storyline. But then again, this isn't really a show that follows a story, or at least the episodes aren't linked with each other. If Spongebob did give the formula to King Krabs in Dunces and Dragons, then where did it come from in the first place? It doesn't make sense when you think about it, and it sounds like a time paradox to me. But like someone said above, Spongebob probably altered the timeline when he arrived in the Middle Ages. That's the only explanation I can give about this.

• Like 1

Well, no, not really. Think Back to the Future. Spongebob and Patrick go into the past and sort of muck everything up, but once they fix everything they fix it for the better and they wake up in a timeline where it was just always that.

So, actually, I was partially wrong in my initial post. Timeline A would disappear altogether.

Ok I guess that makes sense if you put it in that perspective. :P

The show has a lot of contradictions in the storyline. But then again, this isn't really a show that follows a story, or at least the episodes aren't linked with each other. If Spongebob did give the formula to King Krabs in Dunces and Dragons, then where did it come from in the first place? It doesn't make sense when you think about it, and it sounds like a time paradox to me. But like someone said above, Spongebob probably altered the timeline when he arrived in the Middle Ages. That's the only explanation I can give about this.

For anyone wondering:

A: Pre-"Friend or Foe": Formula doesn't exist

A: "Friend or Foe": The formula is written

A: "Help Wanted": Spongebob is hired at the Krusty Krab

A: "Dunces and Dragons": Spongebob and Patrick "go back in time" and introduce the formula to Mr. Krabs' ancestor

A: Post-"Dunces and Dragons": The formula is now passed down through Mr. Krabs' family tree; "Friend or Foe" is erased from the canon; a new timeline is created

B: "Help Wanted": Spongebob is hired at the Krusty Krab

B: "Dunces and Dragons" is effectively erased from this timeline (because Mr. Krabs' ancestor would already have the formula)

B: Spongebob and Patrick wake up at the end of "Dunces and Dragons"

B: The current show