• Advertisement

Spongebob vs. Rugrats

storytime7

I really liked Rugrats, but it's not amazing. To be honest I'd say SpongeBob is massively better. It has much better old episodes and MUCH better new episodes (cause it didn't go downhill nearly as much). 630566.gif

TV.com Description of Rugrats:

"At Rugrats' peak it was one of the, if not the most popular show on Nickelodeon."

I think everyone in the world should know this is blatantly wrong. 428899.gif

I really liked Rugrats, but it's not amazing. To be honest I'd say SpongeBob is massively better. It has much better old episodes and MUCH better new episodes (cause it didn't go downhill nearly as much). 630566.gif

TV.com Description of Rugrats:

"At Rugrats' peak it was one of the, if not the most popular show on Nickelodeon."

I think everyone in the world should know this is blatantly wrong. 428899.gif

Rugrats was the most popular Nickelodeon show of the 90's and probably the 2nd most popular Nickelodeon show of all time (behind Spongebob).

Rugrats was the most popular Nickelodeon show of the 90's and probably the 2nd most popular Nickelodeon show of all time (behind Spongebob).

I know, but let's be honest. SpongeBob is a phenomenon. Within a few years it surpassed Rugrats' popularity, and it only grew much more popular from there. I doubt there's anyone who believes Rugrats was more popular. 428899.gif

I know, but let's be honest. SpongeBob is a phenomenon. Within a few years it surpassed Rugrats' popularity, and it only grew much more popular from there. I doubt there's anyone who believes Rugrats was more popular. 428899.gif

Well that's pretty obvious that Spongebob is way more popular, but Rugrats was losing popularity at the time because it was going downhill.

I prefer Rugrats although I won't deny that SpongeBob made a TREMENDOUS impact on pop-culture!

Still I don't think SBSP deserved to outlast Rugrats

The latter stayed consistently good even in its later years while the former started to falter after the first movie

Edited by Mikurotoro92

On 8/20/2010 at 3:44 PM, Steel Skeet said:

You all know what I'm going to say.

And now I shall solve my 8-year long mystery once and for all. To compare the glory days of both series, I'd say SpongeBob holds up more. Now, to compare the "ruined days," I'm going to be fair and say post-movie Rugrats went down a smaller hill than post-1st-movie SpongeBob. In other words, I'm calling it even.