King Neptune for a Day
The item's image as shown in the shop, created by Patty Sponge.
August 29, 2012 (Invision) |
December 29, 2010 (Forumotion)
|Category||SBC Doubloon Store|
King Neptune for a Day is a store item that allows you to become overlord/king of the site and you get to command users to do what you want, such as changing their name/avatar to something you want, making them write something, requesting the staff make you a skin and/or badge, and more. You do not have to do the requests, but it is usually for fun. When the item is used, a notification is sent to the staff, and from there you can post your demands in a topic in The Industrial Park. The requests must be within reason. Requesting to be staff permanently is out of the question, as is becoming a Manager or Cashier. It could also be won as a prize from SpongeBob Wheel of Fortune (until September 2018), but the chance was extremely low. Fred Rechid, Cream, sbl and magic the veemon were the only users to win the item from WOF. As of Season 6, it can no longer be won from WOF due to prizes being discontinued.
Store Description: Everyone on the site must respect you and refer to you as "Your Majesty/Your Highness" and you pretty much get to do whatever you want for an entire day (of course, anything that's found unreasonable will either be deleted or you will have this revoked, whichever the admins see fit).
- The idea of the item was created by terminoob in October 2010.
- You could have requested Staff Lounge access with this item, but due to its removal from Become a Mod for a Day, it was also removed from this item.
- This item, along with Name Change, are the only two items to remain from forumotion in the store.
- This item was originally called "Overlord for a Day".
- Up until July 2015, you could be able to request Moderation powers, but due to the controversy and removal of the Mod For A Day item, it is no longer allowed.
- The Gravity Falls skin was the first skin to be requested using King Neptune.
- Fa's Wendy badge was the first badge to be requested using King Neptune.
- "Jeopardy is Magic!" was the first SpongeBob Jeopardy! game to be requested using this item.
- On October 2nd, 2016, Cream became the fastest user to obtain the item since joining.
- Gogeta Hair is the only item that cannot be requested while being an overlord/king due to its rarity. It is protected by mermaid magic (not to be confused with Mermaid Magic).
- Dragiiin123 was the first user to use the item on January 14th, 2012.
- Fred Rechid was the first user to win the item via WOF.
- The Thanos Gauntlet item was the first iFish item to be requested using King Neptune.
- On May 19th, 2018, magic the veemon became (and is currently) the youngest user to obtain the item.
- Mewtwo collectable was the first collectable item to be requested using King Neptune.
- ZaidCatDog was the first user to request for a competition in SpongeCraft using King Neptune.
- Sep 2018 has the record for the most King Neptune reigns in SBC history, with a total number of five.
- RDSP was the first user to have their King Neptune reign last more than one day, due to technical issues occurring on SBC at the time of the reign.
- SpongeOddFan was the first user to request a themed Who's Online in Bikini Bottom image using King Neptune.
- "SBC: Friendship in Discord" was the first SpongeBob Pictionary game to be requested using the item.