• Advertisement

SpongeBob and His Fear of Driving

Cha

In Hello Bikini Bottom Squidward plays the clarinet well and SpongeBob finally gets his license in Bumper to Bumper. They finally progressed enough and came to a point where they fulfilled their dreams. It is kind of sad how Squidward's improvement wasn't touched on too much and that SB didn't keep his license. I mean good god, these were the big faulters in both characters. It's just inspiring how in many years of their practice they finally did it.

But let's get the main point of this topic, which is SB's driving. We all know that SpongeBob can actually drive pretty well when he's NOT under pressure. Proof? The Hot Shot, Mrs. Puff You're Fired, Boating School (I don't care what you say about this one, Patrick just told him where to go and SpongeBob did all the physical work of driving). Mrs. Puff finally was aware that his fear was getting the best of his driving all these years. It made him floor the boat and forget where to go (because let's face it SpongeBob faced the oral exam quite easily, so it's not like he isn't stupid). In Bumper to Bumper Puff finally took his weakness and for the most part got him to ease down and drive well. And even though he messed up a little, he got his driver's license right? I know it frustrates you all that the cop took it away, but is it possible that this could be another possible learning experience for SB and Puff? Directly after I watched this episode I thought "you know why doesn't Mrs. Puff keep teaching SpongeBob in a matter where he isn't stressed?" If it almost worked perfectly the first time it could work again. I mean the Sergeant in Mrs. Puff You're Fired never quit on SpongeBob and he drived PERFECTLY with a blind fold. SpongeBob wasn't afraid because he couldn't see ahead of him. So what really is the solution to this? I'm afraid it's more practice. More ways to make driving a less scary thing for SpongeBob. And maybe one day he will get his license. (I know even the movie states he never had his license but seriously when does the show actually follow a timeframe?)

• Like 3

. (I know even the movie states he never had his license but seriously when does the show actually follow a timeframe?)

Never. A good example of that is the end of Goo Goo Gas.

Never. A good example of that is the end of Goo Goo Gas.

Oh you mean how they showed that Plankton looked different as a baby? It is possible that he was in a younger state of being a baby (possibly an infant) because he was in a cluster of other small plankton. But I dunno, that's just my idea.

Oh you mean how they showed that Plankton looked different as a baby? It is possible that he was in a younger state of being a baby (possibly an infant) because he was in a cluster of other small plankton. But I dunno, that's just my idea.

no I'm saying because almost everyone was turned into a baby and still like that at the end with no way of knowing what happened next.

no I'm saying because almost everyone was turned into a baby and still like that at the end with no way of knowing what happened next.

Oh my bad, it's just that I've heard people say that about Plankton before. And yeah it does end abruptly.

I want to see SpongeBob try to drive something on the lines of Rainbow Road in DOuble Dash. It would be the most amazing parody ever.

Now that's something I'd pay money to see! Considering that, IMO, that course is the hardest Mario Kart course EVER, it would be very hilarious to see Spongebob continuously fall off of the first sharp turn.

when he doesnt have the pressure he can drive fine and weve seen him drive a truck, a rock and a sandwich 

Yeah, but if you think of it, that's pretty normal for people who are learning how to drive. I passed through the same thing when I was in driving school but I overcame my frustrations and I ended up passing the test. I don't see why Spongebob's case is so different.

That is kinda strange but I think I know why, since getting a license to drive a truck is different than getting one for a car.

If you count this logic, there was a truck driving short in the 3rd SB Comic I believe and he drove pretty good.

Yeah, but if you think of it, that's pretty normal for people who are learning how to drive. I passed through the same thing when I was in driving school but I overcame my frustrations and I ended up passing the test. I don't see why Spongebob's case is so different.

i had a small problem as well when i was getting my licence. idk what spongebob s main problem is, but its mainly fear and i guess he has a harder way of overcomming it. i mean he has successfully driven. boating school(before realizing hes cheating, the hot shot(if i remember correctly), mr's puff youre fired and bumper to bumper. but its a cartoon so its a mystery for now

SpongeBob never getting his license is the writers milking the boating school episodes  :P . But in-Universe, I agree, SB can't seem to focus  while taking his driving test. I think he can drive other things, because they aren't "tests". The episode, "Procrastination" shows how terrible SB is under the stress of taking a test and this is the same for when he's on the road at Boating School as well.

• Like 1