• Advertisement

How Many Seasons Will Spongebob Last?

TheAngryWumbologyNerd

12 seasons at the most. I don't see it staying for much longer, seeing as they have a second movie coming up, which will mean a hiatus afterwards.

That sounds good to me. I don't want "Spongebob Squarepants" going down the road that "The Simpsons" have taken; I.E. Making FAR too many seasons of poor quality on a channel/network that NEVER seems to cancel the show for some mondo/bizarro reason that NOBODY really seems to comprehend! :rolleyes: Although I would be happy with a spin-off series, as long as it didn't have any STUPID episodes in it; I.E. "Boating Buddies!" o.o Enough said! ;)

See, here's the thing. The movie is what is the MAIN (90%) deciding factor of the continuity of this show. If the movie BOMBS, goodbye little sponge. If the movie does good, we can expect a few more seasons. If the movie does FILTHILY well, this show will last a LOT longer. It all depends on how popular the movie makes the show. There's no doubt the movie will be exciting, but expect it to be one of the biggest make-or-break situations in the series, only rivaling the first movie.

• Like 1

I can see how your theory would work, but even if the movie flops I just don't see the show going in the same direction. After all, The Last Airbender didn't stop The Legend of Korra so why would this movie stop SB?

If the movie flops, the show stopping can't be guaranteed, but that movie is one of the biggest ways to increase the show's popularity. We hope it has the same fate as the first. ;)

If the movie flops, the show stopping can't be guaranteed, but that movie is one of the biggest ways to increase the show's popularity. We hope it has the same fate as the first. ;)

I understand what you mean and it's true. If the movie flops the show would only have at least two more seasons before it gets canceled. But if the movie succeeds then SB has a long future ahead of it.