• Advertisement

Kendrick Lamar

Ron

Semi-new rapper, and I love him. His latest album "good kid, m.A.A.d city" has received rave reviews from the hip hop community, as well as universal critical acclaim in general.

The lead single "Swimming Pools" is amazing, honestly. Love his flow, the beat, and the instrumental in the background is fucking awesome.

Check him out, he's great. :3

Lamar is truly a great rapper- And it's not even really because of the quality of his music (even though that's great, too)- It's because he's finally a rapper that isn't Eminem that doesn't feel the need to go on and on about how much money he has, how much weed he can smoke, or how many ladies he can fit on his *censored*. I mean, he does rap about that stuff sometimes, but it isn't his main focus like a lot of people *cough*lilwayne2chainzbigsean*cough*. :P

I mean, Swimming Pools is about how drinking and alcohol can totally destroy your life. I sincerely doubt Waka Flocka is gonna be rapping about that anytime soon. :P I like his music and his beats and his lyrical flow- Everything about him seems to be reminiscent of a time when rap was actually fundamentally good and not just catchy beats and clever wordplay. Kendrick Lamar iz a beast. Nuff said.

Took a listen to a good chunk of good kid, M.A.A.D city today, and I look at Lamar in a different light now. I had no idea that the songs are actually conveying a continuous story throughout. For example, Don't Kill My Vibe ends with a skit about Kendrick's friends pulling up in a car. He hops in the backseat and they tell him to get his freestyles ready. Next song on the CD is Backseat Freestyle which is a young Kendrick rapping to a beat in the backseat of said car. Dunno about you guys but that's sorta cool imo, but I like Concept Albums as a whole. S'also cool because the songs work on their own as well.

Also digging how Backseat Freestyle is the opposite, lyrics wise, of every other song on the album (but that's sorta the point).

On 11/19/2012 at 4:28 PM, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Lamar is truly a great rapper- And it's not even really because of the quality of his music (even though that's great, too)- It's because he's finally a rapper that isn't Eminem that doesn't feel the need to go on and on about how much money he has, how much weed he can smoke, or how many ladies he can fit on his *censored*. I mean, he does rap about that stuff sometimes, but it isn't his main focus like a lot of people *cough*lilwayne2chainzbigsean*cough*. :P

I mean, Swimming Pools is about how drinking and alcohol can totally destroy your life. I sincerely doubt Waka Flocka is gonna be rapping about that anytime soon. :P I like his music and his beats and his lyrical flow- Everything about him seems to be reminiscent of a time when rap was actually fundamentally good and not just catchy beats and clever wordplay. Kendrick Lamar iz a beast. Nuff said.

god I fucking hate myself