• Advertisement

Zuckerberg Resigns As Facebook CEO

Ron

"Rumors surfaced early this morning about the alleged ouster of Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of the immensely successful Facebook. Facebook filed for their IPO earlier this year, and started trading at $38; however, since then, the company's stock has taken a dive, fluctuating between the late-teens and mid-twenties. Investors have since questioned Facebook's ability to create various revenue streams other than their heavily lucrative mobile ad niche.

Earlier today, an inside source confirmed that Mark Zuckerberg had resigned, naming Sheryl Sandberg, the company's COO, as his replacement. The reasons behind his resignation remain unclear, although one Facebook engineer who asked to remain anonymous said: "Mark is our spiritual leader, no doubt, and he's a great guy to have around. Facebook, though, needs to go a certain way, and Mark is adamant about keeping the core of the company centered around mobile. That's fine, I agree, but in order to complete that mobility, we need a mobile phone!"

In a previous interview this month, Zuckerberg cited creating a Facebook phone as "stupid" and "making no sense." A memo leaked from within the company shows an internal split between those wanting to expand upon the central Facebook website and those who believe Facebook should remain a sole entity. Zuckerberg's resignation is suspected to have been done to avoid a complete ousting from the company at the hands of the Facebook Board of Director; he will instead become the head of engineering, reporting directly to Sandberg."

Src: http://www.washingto...ckerbergresigns

Spoiler

HAHA. I gotcha, didn't I? :3