• Advertisement

iPhone 5

Ron

Apple CEO Tim Cook took to the stage today to unveil Apple's latest major release of the hugely successful iPhone, called the iPhone 5. The most glaring new features include a 4 inch Retina display (a nice bump from the considerably smaller 3.5 inch screen on the iPhone 4S), an even better 8 megapixel camera with new features like Panorama and the ability to take photo after photo more quickly, a more durable design, a much better processor (twice the graphical and CPU power as the A5 chip that the 4S used), and speedier 4G LTE. It's 20% lighter than the iPhone 4S (and it's also around 20 grams lighter than the Galaxy S3), and features a full 1GB of RAM (the memory for running apps).

Another point of interest: it's the thinnest smartphone in the world.

It will be running iOS 6, which is an even more polished version of iOS (and iOS is already a pretty flawless OS). iOS 6 features Passbook, a new Maps, a bunch of improvements to the phone and texting, Siri updates, iCloud, updated Safari, updated FaceTime, and more.

I read up on it online tonight and t really does sound like Apple has outdone itself again. Still, that price tag is outrageous for a phone. 600 dollars is ridiculous.

What? Seriously? I didn't know about that part. o.o I thought it'd be the same as the iPhone 4S, $199 for the base model.

What? Seriously? I didn't know about that part. o.o I thought it'd be the same as the iPhone 4S, $199 for the base model.

My apologies. I just looked up another article and it turns out your guess was correct. Once again, another internet hoax because I heard on Twitter they were going for 600 dollars.
  • Like 1

In the Apple store, using the iPhone 5 and one word:

HOLY SHIT.

I may be biased, but this thing is so damn fast, it's so light it's like there's no battery, it feels so him, and it just is gorgeous. Definitely will be buying.

It's the same damn thing with a 5.

Have you held one? Have you used one? Speed, the weight and thinness of the phone, the build, and the overall quality make huge differences; it's a bunch of minor changes to make one major change.

Starting to question whether I want this or the Galaxy Nexus. Definitely not getting the Galaxy S3 or the Nexus 4; both of those are poop, especially when the Nexus 4 is even less of an upgrade than the iPhone 5, but still $100 more expensive.

Starting to question whether I want this or the Galaxy Nexus. Definitely not getting the Galaxy S3 or the Nexus 4; both of those are poop, especially when the Nexus 4 is even less of an upgrade than the iPhone 5, but still $100 more expensive.

I know so I got the Galaxy Nexus (such a great decision!)