• Advertisement

Your Bottom 5 Artists of 2011

Wumbo

Yeah, praise is good and all, but let's face it: bashing is more fun. Post which artists you think just didn't meet the mark last year.

5: Dragonette. I just don't like "Hello". At all. Sorry. Goodbye.

4: David Guetta. Wow, it takes real talent to turn a knob and bob your head to the music while others sing. Not.

3: Skrillex. Is what they do even music? Do I just not get the appeal of a song that sounds like regurgitating robots? Can I bring myself to care? Who knows?

2: The Black Eyed Peas. Can you say "rock bottom"? Besides the fact that Fergie made my ears bleed profusely at the Super Bowl, these guys aren't artists anymore. They're robots. Of course, they were much less bearable in 2010 ("Rock That Body" is one of the worst songs ever recorded), but I still had to put up with "DUN DUN DUN DUNT STA STA STA STA STOP STOP STOP" this year. Bring back "Where is the Love" Black Eyed Peas, and do it ASAP.

1: Rihanna. As I said in the Best Artists thread, 2011 was the year that I began to love Lady Gaga. It was also the year that I realized how much I loathe Rihanna. WHY DOES SHE SCREAM IN ALL HER SONGS SCREAMING IS NOT SINGING. Ugh, kudos to her for a great career, but I'm just not feeling it at all. "We Found Love" is easily the most irritating song (and video) of 2011.

Surprisingly not making my list: Nicki Minaj. Yes, I still hate Super Bass. But not as much as I used to. She doesn't irritate/mindboggle me as much as the rest of the artists on this wall of shame.

Yet again, I'm gonna bash mainstream artists with my opinions because bashing is fum...

5 Runner Ups:

-David Guetta - You don't deserve to walk around with a sense of accomplishment. All you do is just bob your head and make funky beats. You should seriously thank Akon, Usher, and Nicki Minaj for having hits.

-Timbaland - Believe it or not, he released two songs this year. How many even cracked the top 40? If you guessed zero, you are correct. However, he was producer on a couple hits, so he doesn't make the list.

-30H!3 - Looks like hoes aren't trusting you anymore since your new single didn't even crack any billboards.

-Taio Cruz - After having a breakout year last year, he fell back down to Earth this year with an epic flop in that Hangover song with Flo Rida.

-Anyone with the last name Jonas. Cancelled sitcom, floppy solo careers, and messy break-ups. You guys almost made my top 5, but boy bands aren't meant to last forever, so this was kinda expected on my part.

5. The Black Eyed Peas - I don't think they are rock bottom Mr. Wumbologist. However, Just Can't Get Enough was the only hit song released this year. The Time (Dirty Bit) was a flop as was Don't Stop The Party. Oh and their performance at the Super Bowl was a trainwreck. Not the best year for these guys and with will.I.am releasing a new solo album apparently this year, looks like the Peas are gonna take another break perhaps.

4. Ke$ha - Just like the Peas except possibly worse. She only had one hit (Blow) and a couple flops (See: Sleazy. Such a horrible song that they had to remix it with a couple rappers to get people to download it). I hope people are starting to realize that Ke$ha really isn't all that talented after all. Perhaps the biggest highlight of the year was guest starring in Victorious. Not really much to brag about.

3. Nicole Scherzinger - Maybe she should reform The Pussycat Dolls because her solo career isn't turning out all that well. No Top 20 hits despite releasing three separate songs and being one of the worst judges in music reality show history don't help your career. I mean seriously, watch the link posted below. That is not judging. That is coping out...in style. She deserved to be fired from her job today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTRhdaoYng

2. Christina Aguilera - Rock bottom year for her. Messing up the National Anthem, a messy divorce, and a DUI. Some would say that her being a judge on The Voice was a positive, but she really makes Paula Abdul look like a genius behind the judge's table. The only positive in my opinion was her guest spot on Moves Like Jagger. Thank goodness that song was a smash hit this year, otherwise I would easily put Christina Aguilera as the worst artist of the year. However, one artist barely beat her out...

1. Beyonce - The main reason she is at bottom is because she actually put forth effort into her music this year. Her overhyped fourth album was a disaster. With only one song out of the five or six released to even crack the top twenty (Best Thing I Never Had). The only good thing to happen to her this year was her pregnancy news. Congrats on the new baby, but Beyonce lets face the facts. Musically, this year was one of the worst of your career.

When I said "rock bottom", I was kind of referring to my own personal opinion. Also, T.H.E. is one of the lulziest songs I've heard yet. A word of advice, will.i.am: Mick Jagger and techno beats do not mix.

In no particular order:

5. Justin Bieber

4. Miley Cyrus

3. Lady Gaga (not a big fan of her--sorry, Wumbo)

2. Rihanna

1. Can't think of anyone else since I don't listen to much pop