• Advertisement

Smash

70s

If you've watched NBC in the past couple of months, odds are you've seen a preview for this show, starring Katherine McPhee, Debra Messing, and Megan Hilty and produced by Steven Spielberg. The first episode was recently released for free on iTunes and I think it was outstanding. Definitely an acquired taste, but one I think people should try.

I am going to give this a show shot, but one thing that annoys me about the previews is how they are introducing us to Katherine McPhee. We have already met her before on a show called American Idol.

I am going to give this a show shot, but one thing that annoys me about the previews is how they are introducing us to Katherine McPhee. We have already met her before on a show called American Idol.

I think it means acting in a series. Sometimes the previews say "introducing Megan Hilty" as well, when she is already a fairly famous Broadway actress.

I think it means acting in a series.
I could have sworn she has acted before. I know she was in movies like The House Bunny and Shark Night. Then I thought she has been in a series before too.

:o I hadn't seen much of her before but I thought she was great in this.
I may be just holding a grudge here, but I was appalled when she got by Chris Daughtry in American Idol. She is probably one of the worst singers I've ever heard. "Over It" makes my ears bleed. She's probably a good actress, who knows? I might tune in just out of curiosity.

I may be just holding a grudge here, but I was appalled when she got by Chris Daughtry in American Idol. She is probably one of the worst singers I've ever heard. "Over It" makes my ears bleed.

I knew there was a reason why I love you. I absolutely agree about everything in this statement about Katherine McPhee the singer. The actress still needs judging even though I saw her in The House Bunny.

So this show is not nearly as good as the pilot suggested it would be, but it's still a show I regularly watch. Megan Hilty and... everyone in the cast except McPhee, the kid who plays Leo, and Ellis is outstanding. Too bad the writing sucks and everything not involved with the play is boring.

There will be a new showrunner next season so hopefully that means some improvement in the storytelling.