• Advertisement

Anything POSITIVE You Find About SEASON 4 and Beyond?

101 Dalmatian Street

I think Hillenburg returning would be the perfect way to wrap up the show on a high note.

This. After all the mess Sponge has been through since 2004, I wouldn't mind his return to end it. I said it once, I'll say it again (And, I don't care what anyone said's about my opinion) ...anything after 03 is terrible. I think a very few episodes of 04 are alright, but nah. Hillenburg leaving was the biggest mistake for the show in my opinion.

This is a hard subject, since it seems to come up a lot. I find that season 4 and on brings us more adventures for characters, like Friend or Foe taught us the beginning of Mr. Krabs and Plankton. There are some episodes I love in these new seasons and if we never had these seasons we would never have known the episodes. Sure, some episodes might not bring us into the feeling we might have had with other past seasons, but I enjoy them none of the less.

I also think that Paul Tibbitt makes better episodes when he is making them and not a new crew. Even though Paul Tibbitt seems to be doing well, I still think he is more of a writer then a leader in making SB. When he was interviewed for Comic-Con this year, i remember him stating that he misses the old times when Stephen was around. Stephen seems to somewhat still apart of SB from what I remember.

The animation is terrible now. The show seemed to have more... life, with the old animation. I don't like how it's brighter ether. The smiles, and the blank looks Spongebob makes now, really pushes him away from his core character that he had in the first three seasons, and like two episodes of Season 4, that I know, and love. I'm not blaming it all on Paul, but the team he's got... is terrible. I also miss the days, when Stephen was on board, but sadly... there's no sign of him coming back anytime soon, although the Spongebob comic he did, was amazing! The only positive thing about the show, in my opinion is... hm... hold on... let's see... give me a second, or til the end of this post, so I can think of something... until then, more negative opinions! ... just kidding.

Wait, the krabby patty's look better... sorry, that's all I can think of that is positive.

Throughout Season 4 and beyond, I noticed a DRAMATIC change in the animation style! All the characters are polished, more wacky, and even the animation is more fluid. I don't know, in the previous seasons the characters would stand and talk a lot (which I didn't mind, the jokes were hilarious), but in the newer seasons there's definitely more action going on. I love how the animators payed more attention to the "line of action" each character have while their handling different situations (hand gestures, lifting things, face emotions, etc.)

I did notice throughout Season 6 and most of Season 7 that the animators added "disturbing details" in the character's facial/body emotions. Overall, most of the jokes from seasons 1-4 were played out, thus the animators looked for other ways to make the viewers laugh by adding gross humor, violence, toilet humor....buh. Here's some example screenshots for the grossness I catch in some episodes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]172[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]169[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]170[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]171[/ATTACH]

I mean come'on, I see character's faces being ripped apart. I'm so glad they toned-down the grossness in Season 8 to say the least. I do know other people probably like to see this type of stuff in cartoons, but I don't for sure xD

Other than that small rant about the grossness, Season 4 and up is amusing for kids, but for us who've watched the show since the early years...we notice the definite changes.