• Advertisement

The SBC Movie Club

Elastic Dawg

Any movie about druggies is cool by me.

Also, i feel the need to mention that I thought this was a prequel to Pan's Labyrinth for the longest time.

Prequel to Pan's Labyrinth? How? Clarify your thought process, I want to know. :P

So is it time to discuss yet?

This movie is beyond words about how amazing this was. Darren Aronofsky is one of the best directors working today. This is one of those movies that can be used to scare people away from doing drugs and possibly be effective. I know I don't want to lose an arm, have to perform sexual acts for fixation, end up in jail, or be institutionalized. What I specifically liked is how they were able to get great acting performances out of Jared Leto and Marlon Wayans. That is some hard work to be able to accomplish such a feet (especially Marlon Wayans).

Still gotta see this. But anything involving a double-sided dildo and Marlon Wayans acting serious sounds interesting.
Yeah it is groundbreaking. Ellen Burstyn is the best in the film. Her addiction with "diet pills" is the most appealing of the four characters. Some of the stuff she goes through with her addiction and curing it is intriguing. Actually made a couple of my classmates in film appreciation leave the classroom and had two people vomiting.

I barely ever say this, but holy shit this movie was moving. Oh, and Clint Manswell's (hope i'm spelling that right) score fits perfectly. Truly a great movie, god bless Darren Aronofsky.

Spoiler

The double sided dildo part could've been pretty hot had their not been footage of painful medical procedures stuck in.

EDIT: Stupid spoiler tags. If anyone knows how to use 'em, tell me.