• Advertisement

Amy Winehouse confirmed dead

Elastic Dawg

She should have just gone to rehab, but she said no, no, no......

No seriously, she had a problem and I have no clue why she was too thickheaded to realize it.

I wasn't a big fan of hers, but she died too young. May she rest in peace.

No seriously, she had a problem and I have no clue why she was too thickheaded to realize it.

Why does every one keep making that pun/joke! 526874.gif

I loved her rehab song 652572.gif .

Why does every one keep making that pun/joke! 526874.gif

I loved her rehab song 652572.gif .

Well she seriously should have. It may be an overused pun, but she had the option to go to rehab since she knew she had a problem, but just did not go to rehab.

I've known people with an addiction, and it's really difficult. I admit to being addicted to a few things, and it's very hard to come back from. With someone like her, I do not blame her much. I mean yes, obviously it was her decision to do them in the first place, but the public/media chose to laugh at her as opposed to show sympathy, while her friends and family did not appear to be doing much.

My basic point here is that addiction is serious. I don't think it should be treated as a criminal act, but a disease.

I've known people with an addiction, and it's really difficult. I admit to being addicted to a few things, and it's very hard to come back from. With someone like her, I do not blame her much. I mean yes, obviously it was her decision to do them in the first place, but the public/media chose to laugh at her as opposed to show sympathy, while her friends and family did not appear to be doing much.

My basic point here is that addiction is serious. I don't think it should be treated as a criminal act, but a disease.

Agreed. A strong support system is always effective.

I'm not meaning to make out that her addiction was a criminal act and I'm sorry if it sounds like I am. I really wished that she found help, but hey.....the media can be a real bitch. That's the negative side effects of being famous is that the media can easily use someone's personal demons against them. I just wish that someone would have helped her.

I'm not meaning to make out that her addiction was a criminal act and I'm sorry if it sounds like I am. I really wished that she found help, but hey.....the media can be a real bitch. That's the negative side effects of being famous is that the media can easily use someone's personal demons against them. I just wish that someone would have helped her.
I didn't think you meant it as a criminal act, more that that's what the government sees it as and it should be treated different: more as a disease that needs treatment. Sorry if I didn't clarify that as well as I could have. Your comment about her thickheadedness just made me go on a rant, to an extent.