• Advertisement

Team SpongeBob

TJ

Team SpongeBob - Season 8.0: The Chosen One Saga

Ep.118 "The Universal Key"

March 17, 2014 6:00PM Spongey Towers, Living Room

The team all sat on the couch watching reality television.

"I hate reality shows. But the arguments are so ridiculous that they keep my attention somehow." Pearl said.

"Funny how that works." Sandy said.

"Almost like magic." Shin smirked and winked, thinking about his own magical abilities.

Suddenly, they all heard someone come in.

"Hi guys! Check me OUT!" Debbie came running in, with a slightly revealing, pink and green superhero outfit.

"WHOA." Patrick said.

SpongeBob, Sandy, Linda, and Shin giggled.

"WHAT are you wearing?!" Pearl asked, chuckling herself.

"Well! You all wear superhero suits, so I decided to design one for myself." Debbie said.

"It's cute, just such a surprise though." Sandy said.

"A little revealing, don't you think?" Shin asked.

"'Cause my belly is showing? So what!" Debbie said.

Debbie started to frown.

"What's wrong?" SpongeBob asked.

"I just... keep thinking about my failure to, ya know...open the gate." Debbie said.

"The reason you couldn't is because you don't have the universal key. Which we will get from Plankton." Shin said.

"Any plans on that frontier?" Debbie asked.

"Plankton's recently put up a massive barrier around his eating establishment, constructed by energy-infused technology. He's

untouchable right now." SpongeBob said.

"I see." Debbie said

"But that's why I'm going to see Jell Masterson today." Shin said.

"Who's he?" Debbie asked.

"Head officer in town." Shin said.

"Oh, Sandy! Me and you have some place to be." Patrick said.

"What are you two love birds up to?" Linda asked with a friendly smile.

"A date night." Patrick said gleefully.

SpongeBob glanced at Sandy and she glanced back.

Patrick and Sandy both left.

"Lets work on your powers for a bit." Shin said to Debbie and the two left off. Pearl drifted to her room.

SpongeBob saw Linda sit glumly at the edge of the couch.

"Babe, what's wrong?" SpongeBob asked.

Tears started to flow from Linda's eyes.

"Kiai is what's wrong. What if we don't get back to Karate Island in time to destroy it? Then it regrows in me?" Linda asked.

"We have a year until doomsday!" SpongeBob said in a joking manner. "Seriously Lind..we'll be back on Karate Island before the year is up." SpongeBob said softly.

"I just feel like everyone's forgotten about Kiai and the reason we even came back to Bikini Bottom in the first place." Linda said.

"Well, this is our current mission at hand." SpongeBob said.

"I know that." Linda said.

March 17, 2014 6:56PM The Sparkling Diner

Patrick and Sandy were at their table in Bikini Bottom's new restaurant, The Sparkling Diner.

"This restaurant is beautiful, Patrick." Sandy said.

"The best for you." Patrick smiled, touching her hand.

"I don't deserve the best." Sandy said, thinking about her kiss with SpongeBob a few days ago.

"What terrible person lied and told you that?" Patrick asked jokingly.

"You're so sweet. Too sweet." Sandy said, pushing back tears.

March 17, 2014 7:15PM Bikini Bottom Police Department

Shin, SpongeBob, Linda, Pearl, and Debbie arrived at the BBPD.

"What's the meaning of all this?" Jell said, seeing Team SpongeBob walk in with rough faces.

"We need to 'scuss a few things with you." Shin said with angst.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Jell asked

"Why you and your police force are so incompetent?" Pearl said bluntly.

"Restraint, guys." SpongeBob said. "Look. Plankton should have been arrested a long time ago. You and your force have done nothing in

response to Plankton's attempts to take down the Krusty Krab." SpongeBob continued.

"I'm sorry that justice doesn't move as fast as you'd like it." Jell snarked.

"It seems like it's not moving at ALL in this town." SpongeBob said angrily.

"Look, there was no physical evidence that Plankton had attacked the Krusty Krab." Jell said.

"That's bull! SEVERAL. eye. witnesses." Linda pointed out.

"Including us." Pearl said.

"Well now that Plankton has a barrier around The Chum Bucket, it'll be hard to get to him. This case now rests with YOU, Team

SpongeBob." Jell said.

Debbie pushed her way to the front."MISTER, PLANKTON HAS THE UNIVERSAL KEY AND WE NEED IT!" Debbie yelled.

"Debs." Shin held her back.

"Who's this?" Jell asked

"I'm the Universal Guardian. I need the key to open the Gateway and ultimately restore the connection between Karate Island and the

rest of the universe." Debbie said, fiercely.

"Wow. Aren't you 'Miss Importance'?" Jell said, sarcastically.

"We're leaving. See you around, Jell." SpongeBob said in a dark tone and giving him a mean glare.

The team left.

March 18, 2014 7:15AM Underground location

Jell arrived underground of The Chum Bucket. He was meeting with Plankton.

"You had news for me?" Plankton asked.

"Yes. Team SpongeBob is catching on to things. They are definitely curious as to why the heck I haven't ordered an arrest for you

yet." Jell said.

"Why HAVEN'T you arrested me yet? What are your intentions in our little deal? You know what I want...but I have no idea what you

want." Plankton said.

"I WANT Team SpongeBob dead or out of town." Jell said.

"But WHY?" Plankton asked.

"Ughh, this isn't why I'm here. I'm here to tell you that a young girl named Debbie Rechid is the Universal Guardian." Jell revealed.

"So..why is this important to me?" Plankton asked.

"Because, you can harvest the energy from her body and gain even more massive unlimited power." Jell said.

"Hmm, I like the sound of that actually." Plankton said.

"Good, but you need to get to HER, before Team SpongeBob gets to YOU. They're after the Universal Key." Jell said.

"Oh, they won't be a problem for me anymore. You see, I've finally made the advancements on my machinery. Team SpongeBob won't stand a chance.

March 18, 2014 3:04PM The Krusty Krab

Debbie was working her shift at The Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs approached her after she was done bringing out food for a table.

"Debs, mind taking out this garbage bag?" Mr. Krabs asked.

"Sure." she said, but Mr. Krabs grabbed her softly.

"Uhhh..how's Pearl been? I know you've been hanging around Team SpongeBob lately." he said.

"Why don't you go talk to your daughter, instead of asking me." Debbie said, edging Mr. Krabs to settle the beef between him and Pearl.

"Can't do that." Mr. Krabs said.

"What happened between you two?" Debbie asked.

"You know how she's on Team SpongeBob?" Mr. Krabs asked.

"Uh huh." Debbie responded.

"I never wanted her to be..." Mr. Krabs said, slowly turning around and walking away to his office.

Debbie's eyes fell in sadness, but she continued on to the dumpster outside. Upon throwing the trash in the dumpster, she heard a sound coming in from the sky.

"What the..." Debbie said, as Plankton in his new and improved battle machine, flew down to the ground.

"Hello, Debbie!" Plankton said through a speaker from inside.

"What do you want?" Debbie said, backing up.

"Your powers." Plankton said, shooting a white energy beam at Debbie.

A magical barrier protected her.

"Huh?" Debbie said in confusion.

Suddenly, Shin, with the rest of Team SpongeBob showed up.

"We saw an energy surge coming from the skies and decided to check it out. Guess we know not that it was Plankton." SpongeBob said.

"Yup. It's me. Now GET OUT OF MY WAY. DEBBIE'S MINE." Plankton said, making the machine punch the ground. It's mass shook the entire team backwards.

Patrick ripped a boulder from the ground and launched it towards the Plankton.

Plankton destroyed it with an energy blast.

"mih ta retspmud taht worht" Shin chanted a backwards spell which caused the huge dumpster to be magically thrown towards Plankton's battle machine.

Plankton released some sort of small missile that completely destroyed it.

He then shot out laser beams.

The team dodged and jumped as the beams almost hit them all.

"GET DEBBIE OUT OF HERE." Shin yelled, as Sandy ran and grabbed Debbie up.

The rest of the team stayed to continue fighting.

"This isn't a fight, you all can win." Plankton said, launching several knives out of the battle machine.

Pearl hit them out of the way with her compound bow. SpongeBob used his super speed to avoid them. Patrick hid behind a rock wall.

Shin reversed the knives back towards Plankton through magic. They hit, but didn't manage to penetrate the machine.

Pearl shot an explosive arrow at the machine, but nothing significant happened.

"WHAT?" Pearl said in shock.

Plankton then released a knock out gas from the battle machine. Shin, Patrick, SpongeBob, Linda and Pearl were down.

"Now. Time to find Debbie-kins." Plankton said with an evil grin.

We now go to Sandy and Debbie, who are running through a large alley way. Plankton's machine had caught up to them.

He fired out an energy blast, that sent the two ladies flying into the ground.

"Debbie, are you okay?" Sandy asked.

"I've had better days." Debbie said.

Sandy got up and tried to control the metal of Plankton's battle machine.

"Titanium baby." Plankton said firing an energy blast toward her. Sandy tried to avoid it, but was caught in the blow of it. She was stoned out cold on the ground.

Plankton was about to fire another energy blast at her.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!" Debbie screamed out in terror.

"LEAVE HER BE. Take ME! Take ME, Plankton." Debbie said.

"So, you'll let me capture you over the life of this meaningless girl?" Plankton asked.

"I have no choice." Debbie said.

---

Mr. Krabs had gotten Pearl, SpongeBob, Shin, Linda and Patrick awake. A crowd of people watched from the sidelines.

"OH NO, DEBBIE!" Shin said.

"Maybe he hasn't gotten to them yet?" SpongeBob said.

"Then let's go before he DOES." Shin yelled, with him, SpongeBob, Linda and Patrick taking off.

Mr. Krabs pulled Pearl aside.

"WHAT?" she asked in anger.

"Are you okay?" Mr. Krabs asked.

"I really CAN'T with you right now, dad." Pearl said. Tears flushed through her eyes. "I got-ta go." Pearl said with her voice cracking. She ran after her friends, leaving Mr. Krabs to watch her head back into danger.

---

Plankton, using a power of the battle machine, created an energy bubble around Debbie and was lifting her off the ground telekinetically.

Debbie cried as the energy squished around her.

Suddenly, Plankton's machine was being overridden with something that caused the machine to drop Debbie's body. SpongeBob used his super speed to quickly catch her.

It is then revealed that Shin is using his black magic to cover the machine.

"YOU....CA-NT...CON-TROL MY MACHINE." Plankton said, trying to make the battle machine release it's full power in order to break Shin's black magic grip.

"UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." Shin struggle with keeping the machine under his black magic.

"Come on Shin! Break it down!" Pearl said.

Suddenly, Plankton made the machine release a huge energy burst that wiped the magic grip away.

The entire team fell to the ground.

"emoh su foop" Shin quickly chanted. With that spell, the team was poof-ed home.

Plankton in the battle machine, roared.

"COME BACCCCCKKKKK." He yelled, angered that he hadn't finished the job.

March 19, 2014 11:55AM Spongey Towers, Living Room

SpongeBob, Shin, Sandy, Patrick, Linda, and Pearl sat in the living room, all having been up all night.

"Th-at was the first time we..ran from a fight." SpongeBob said.

"It wasn't the first." Sandy said.

"Still." SpongeBob said with his face squishing up. "We SHOULDA been able to take Plankton." SpongeBob said.

"His machine is powered by the Universal Key. What chance did we stand against such power? Not much." Pearl said.

"Pearl's right." Shin said.

Suddenly, Debbie walked into the living room.

"Debbie.." SpongeBob said.

"We didn't know you had awaken." Linda said.

"I..uh..called my parents. Told them I had stayed the night at a "friend's" house." Debbie said, indicating that she'd lied to them.

"Your parents don't know about you being the Universal Guardian." Patrick said.

"And they never can.." Debbie stated.

"It'll have to come out sometime." SpongeBob said, walking off.

March 19, 2014 1:00PM Underground

Jell met up with Plankton, underground The Chum Bucket again.

"Some battle yesterday. I had to make sure the entire ordeal didn't leak out to the media." Jell said, sternly.

"I know what you're thinking!" Plankton started.

"THAT YOU'RE A FAILURE?" Jell yelled at him.

"I ALMOST had the girl, but Team SpongeBob were very evasive and craft-"

"-ENOUGH!" Jell shut Plankton up. "Let me calm myself. Can't rush success. Team SpongeBob will fall. It'll only be a matter of time." Jell smiled sinisterly and walked out.

Team SpongeBob - Season 8: The Chosen One Saga

Ep.119 "Buzzkill"

April 4, 2014 9:03AM, Spongey Towers, Living Room

Pearl, full of energy after a good night's sleep, makes her way into the living room where she surprisingly sees her teammates packing bags.

"WHAT THE HECK?" Pearl screams out.

"PEARL!" Sandy said in shock.

"We..uh...thought you'd be sleep." Patrick said.

"Yeah, usually you don't get up until around 12." Shin said.

"well...I went to bed early for once in my life. What the heck are you guys packing for?" Pearl said.

"Team SpongeBob was invited to a National Ocean Protection Convention, but we were only given five passes." Linda said.

"Sooooo...you guys get to go over me?" Pearl asked.

"Well, we just went based off the first five people to join the team." Sandy said.

"Yeah..we thought that would be a fair system." Shin said.

"Yeah..shows how much you guys care for me." Pearl said.

"Pearl, stop it. We love you and you're our friend. End of story." SpongeBob said with a smile.

Pearl cheered up. "Well, I guess it'll be cool to have the house to myself for a while." Pearl said.

"Oh, we'll only be gone about a day and a half." Shin said.

"We'd better get going before we miss our flight." Patrick said.

The gang gave Pearl a goodbye as they left the tower.

April 4, 2014 12:03PM, Spongey Towers, Living Room

Pearl sat in the living room with popcorn in a bowl and a tv remote in the other. Suddenly, she heard someone come in.

"Hi, Pearl!" Debbie said estatically.

"Oh, it's you." Pearl said.

"Well, heck yeah it's me! I wouldn't want to be late for my training sesh with Shin." Debbie said.

"Ohh, I guess you don't know," Pearl said walking up to her.

"What?" Debbie asked.

"Shin and the rest of the team left to a convention for a day or two." Pearl said.

"Oh. So that means you have the place ALL to yourself? Heavens, you must be lonely." Debbie said.

"Nah. Not really." Pearl replied. "I could use more fun than Daytime TV and stale popcorn, though." Pearl admitted.

"You could come with me to the mall after school." Debbie said.

"Nah, I was never the shopping type. And wait, you have school now?" Pearl asked.

"Lunch break. Lasts an hour, so me and Shin have been able to train during school days now." Debbie said.

"Hmm...maybe I could throw a party!" Pearl said.

"Wow, I'm sure a lot of young people would love to party here at Spongey Towers!" Debbie said.

"Good! Now tell everyone you know!" Pearl said.

"I'll get right on it!!!" Debbie hugged Pearl and then ran out.

"A party, huh Pearl?" Pearl said to herself. Suddenly, Debbie came back in. "Wait, when is it? And what time?" Debbie asked.

"I'll text ya the deets" Pearl chuckled.

April 5, 2014 8:03PM, Spongey Towers, Pearl's party

The next day, Pearl's party was going on. Every young person in town was in attendance.

Debbie came over to Pearl with a two cups of root beer.

"Here ya go." Debbie said, handing one cup over to Pearl.

"Man, tonight has been the most fun I've had in forever!" Pearl said, shouting over loud music.

"I know right?!" Debbie said. "I saw you get a few phone numbers." Debbie said, knudging Pearl in the arm.

"Oh, I don't have time for boys." Pearl said.

"Because of Team SpongeBob?" Debbie asked.

"Because my heart's already promised to someone else." Pearl said.

"Oh." Debbie said.

"His name was Pintar. He...-" Pearl started, but she became alarmed by people wrestling and roughhousing on furniture.

"GUYS! Please!" Pearl said, as Team SpongeBob entered the door.

"ffo cisum siht nrut" Shin said a spell, meaning 'turn this music off'.

All of the loud music came to a rest.

Pearl, looking stupid, said, "GUYS. You're home early!?"

"We weren't going to be gone for long." SpongeBob said.

"As we told you." Shin followed up.

"EVERYONE OUT!" Sandy yelled.

People began to storm out of the Tower, including Debbie.

"PEARL! How could you?" Shin said.

"How could I, what?" Pearl said.

"THROW A PARTY." SpongeBob yelled.

"You guys need to chill out." Pearl said, "everything was under control." she continued.

"But what if, among those guests, one of our enemies snuck in? Such as Plankton." Sandy said.

"Exactly. You put us all at risk!" Shin said.

"I've never seen such immature behavior from you." SpongeBob said.

"Well maybe I wanted to HAVE FUN for once!" Pearl said.

"Then you should stayed at college." SpongeBob said in a harsh manner.

"And you should of stayed faithful to Linda." Pearl said.

"What is she talking about?" Linda asked, as SpongeBob and Sandy's faces lit up with shock. They hoped Pearl wouldn't reveal the fact that they kissed a few weeks ago.

Pearl's eyes began to tear. She then ran out of the tower.

"Pearl!" SpongeBob tried to go after her, but Shin grabbed him.

"Just let her sort herself out. She'll be back." Shin said.

April 6, 2014 11:03PM, Spongey Towers

Debbie arrived at Spongey Towers in her superhero outfit.

"So, more training, huh?" Debbie asked, looking at Shin.

"No. Debbie, look, Pearl's missing." Shin said.

"What?" Debbie asked.

"She ran off last night, but we thought she'd be back. That she just had to cool down." SpongeBob said.

"But she's gone, gone." Linda said.

"That's why we called you." Shin said.

"We need you to use your powers and feel Pearl's presence." Patrick said.

"Okay. I'll try." Debbie said.

The team began flying around in the S-Jet. Debbie tagging along too to get a feel of Pearl's emotions.

"Find anything?" Shin turned around to Debbie who had her eyes closed and her hands on her head.

"She's distraught, sad, hungry, and angry. Her emotions are all over the place." Debbie said.

"Can you tell where it's coming from?" Shin asked.

"An alley way, below." Debbie said.

April 6, 2014 11:22AM, Alleyway

Pearl was sitting near trash cans. She didn't want to go back to the tower. She hd too much pride to face her friends again.

"Some friends I have." Pearl said bitterly.

"What's the matter, arrow girl?" a mysterious voice said.

"Huh?" Pearl looked up. A man was coming her direction.

"Remember me? The Buzz?" he said.

"Whoa! We defeated you. You were arrested!" Pearl said, distraught.

"Hah! All good villains escape eventually. After I heard you brats were back in town, I decided to plot your deaths." The Buzz said.

The Buzz shot elextricity at the trash cans near Pearl. Pearl jumped out of the way and got her arrow and bow ready.

"WANNN PLAY? Well I got enough ANGER TO TAKE YOU DOWN!" Pearl said, shooting an arrow.

The Buzz dodged and shot more electricity. A barrier protected Pearl and she soon realized that Team SpongeBob had arrived.

"Oh crap." The Buzz said.

"mih ta snac esoht worht" Shin said, making the trash cans launch at The Buzz.

"Big mistake!" The Buzz said, controlling them his electricity, slinging them at the team.

Everyone began dodging. Debbie eased her way in back of The Buzz.

"You don't really want to do this. Your upset and revenge is the first thing on yoour mind, but deep down, your a good man." Debbie making him feel positive energy.

The Buzz's powers ceased.

"I..I don't want...to hurt anyone." The Buzz said.

"Good." Debbie said.

"How'd you do that? How'd you make me stop?" The Buzz said.

"I didn't. You made yourself stop. I just eased the block on your positive emotions. I let them flow again." Debbie said.

SpongeBob, Shin, and the rest of the team looked proud.

"I still have to go to jail, don't I?" The Buzz asked.

"Yes." Shin smiled, using his magic to put cuffs on him.

The police showed up.

"Thank goodness! We've been looking for him for weeks!" The officer said, taking The Buzz.

Shin came to Debbie. "I'm so proud of you." he said. Debbie smiled. Everyone then looked to Pearl.

"Are you okay?" Linda asked.

"Yeah.." Pearl said.

"Maybe I was too hard on you." SpongeBob said.

"And maybe I wasn't swallowing my pride hard enough." Pearl started to cry.

The team embraced in a group hug.

And now..

79cvb.jpg

SpongeBob and Linda sat in the living room of the Team SpongeBob Headquarters.

"So, you said your parents called you?" SpongeBob asked.

"Yeah, but I didn't answer. When news broke that I was actually alive, I knew they would call. But I don't want to talk to them." Linda moans.

"Why not? They're your parents." SpongeBob said to her.

"I know that. But me, my parents, and my sister never had the best relationship. It's always been toxic." Linda said, shivering.

"Linda..what happ-" SpongeBob starts, but his phone rings. He answers it.

After a few moments, SpongeBob hangs up.

"Babe, who was it?" Linda asks.

"The Mayor of Left Shore. We're going to a party." SpongeBob tells a confused Linda.

SpongeBob called the entire team to the Mission Room.

"Alright, now that everyone's gathered, I have some news." SpongeBob said.

"OOOH, did you find out who on the team has been eating up all the snacks at night?" Scooter asked, excitedly.

"No. That's still an ongoing investigation." SpongeBob said with a plain expression.

"So, back to the news." Shin said.

"Right." SpongeBob said. "Well, it seems the Left Shore government has invited us to a Social Party tomorrow night." he announced.

"Oh wow. Why us?" Patrick asked.

"Maybe because we've saved the island over a million times by now." Pearl said.

"Half of those times, you weren't here for!" Patrick teased Pearl.

"Alright guys. Anyhow, I want the team's secondary squad to stay here in Mainland tomorrow night." SpongeBob said.

"Aww man. Why can't we turn up?" Scooter said, sadly.

"Because, what if something happens here at mainland and none of us are here? The results could be disastrous." SpongeBob said.

"We understand." Jannice smiled.

"Maybe we could have our own party." Johnny said.

"No." Shin said.

"Oh guys, we're not missing out on ANYTHING. Socials are boring." Sara said.

"I don't know, Sara. I stopped an assassination attempt at one before." SpongeBob chuckled.

------------------------------

The next night, Team SpongeBob was transported to the Left Shore Social Complex in a black limo.

As they got out, they walked up the red carpet, with paparazzi on the side, taking multiple pictures. The team held their best smiley faces and waved at the cameras.

Soon enough, they entered into the prestigious building, filled with gorgeous decor.

Left Shore's Mayor, Presley King, was the first to greet them.

"Thank you all for coming. I actually have some important things to discuss with you all afterwards." Mayor King said.

"Sure thing.." SpongeBob said, raising his eyebrow.

"Enjoy the party." the Mayor smiled, then left.

SpongeBob turned to his friends. "What do you guys think he wants to discuss with us?" SpongeBob asked.

"I don't know, but I'm in the mood for some punch!" Patrick said, drifting off to the refreshments table.

"Hi stranger. You always crash socials for the punch?" a random girl asked Patrick.

"What? No, I'm- " Patrick started.

"-Relax! I know you're from Team SpongeBob. Patrick right? Or do they still call you Terraman?" the girl asked.

Patrick blushed.

"I'm Tetra King. The Mayor's younger sister." she revealed.

"Wow, sister huh?" Patrick said.

"Yup. There's perks to being the Mayor's sister...some disadvantages too. Like, your life being splashed in the papers." Tetra said, laughing.

After some time, Team SpongeBob got onstage. SpongeBob came to the speaker and started making a speech.

"Hi there, everyone. Me and my team are happy to be here, partying with all of you Left Shore-ers."

"He's a great public speaker." Pearl whispered to Shin jokingly, then laughed.

"Okay, so maybe I'm not the best public speaker, but I want you all to know that Team SpongeBob will always be here to help this island. From Mainland, to Left Shore,

to beyond. Any dangers, we'll put to bed. Any fears, we'll put at ease. Any justice, we'll serve. That's just who we are." SpongeBob smiled.

Everyone clapped and cheered.

"Hmm, he might be an alright public speaker after all." Pearl said to Shin.

----------------------

After the party, the team gathered in Mayor King's office.

"Alright Mayor King, you needed to talk to us, right?" SpongeBob asked.

"Yes. It's about...the fate of Left Shore.

"What's wrong?" Shin asked.

"A few months ago, sightings were reported of The Shadowlord." Mayor King started.

"We battled him before. He sort of turned me into a shadow beast. He escaped from our possession. We never knew where he ended up." Shin said.

"Well, we didn't want to believe he had ended up here in Left Shore somehow. But recently, he's used his powers to take over an entire part of the city. He's renamed

it, Shadow Lane. The people there, consumed by their own shadows, where there is only ever darkness. No light." Mayor King told them.

"Oh my." Pearl said.

"That's horrible, sir." SpongeBob said.

"So, basically, you want us to stay here and help vanquish him from the city?" Shin asked.

"Yes. But it'll be easy. There's a way to vanquish him with little effort. Underneath the part of the city he took over, lies a wand that only a sorcerer can use. The

wand is a special based one that activates the Light King. Only he can vanquish The Shadowlord forever."  Mayor King said.

"Alright, we'll help you." SpongeBob said.

----------------------------------

Team SpongeBob were offered a place to stay at Mayor King's mansion. Patrick and SpongeBob shared a room.

"His house is cozy." Patrick said.

"A bit, but there's no covers in here. I can't sleep without cover." SpongeBob said.

A girl walked in with blankets and covers.

"You guys can choose from - Patrick?" the girl, Tetra stopped.

"Tetra...you live here?" Patrick asked.

"Yeah. I mean, I heard my brother was having some guests over, but I didn't know it'd be you and your team.

"SpongeBob, this is Tetra, she's the Mayor's sister." Patrick told SpongeBob.

"Oh. Nice to meet you. Were you at the social?" SpongeBob asked.

"Yup. Sweet dreams guys. Bye Pat!" Tetra said in a flirty manner.

After she left, SpongeBob looked at Patrick.

"Bye Pat!" SpongeBob teased.

Patrick threw a pillow at him and SpongeBob laughed.

---------------------------------

The next morning, the team had a big breakfast on behalf of Mayor King's cooking staff.

Tetra sat at the long table, next to Patrick.

"So are you guys going to clear Shadow Lane today?" Tetra asked.

"We'll see what we can do about it." Patrick said.

"Tetra, does this mansion have a book room? I need to research a spell that I can use to bring the people in Shadow Lane out of their shadows."

"We do have a book room, but it's up in the attic. The books might be a bit dusty and old." Tetra told Shin.

"Dusty and old? Sounds like what I need might be up there!" Shin said, gleefully.

After breakfast, Tetra and the team headed up to the book room.

"These books are really dusty." Pearl said.

"Told ya." Tetra said.

Shin looked around for a spellbook. "I don't know why I don't carry one with me!" Shin said.

"Maybe, because you memorize all the spells." Linda said.

"Not the ones I really need it seems." Shin said, still searching.

"Hey guys. I found something. It's not a spellbook, but a history one about The Light King and Shadowlord." Patrick said.

"What does it say?" SpongeBob said as everyone gathered around Patrick and the book.

"Appearantly, both The Light King and Shadowlord were two entities that were granted the power to control all purity, for the Light King and all darkness, for the

Shadowlord. Their base of operations was Twilight Land on Karate Island, but there was a war between them, as the Shadowlord grew evil and darker. The Light King saw

how potentially dangerous he could be when Shadowlord tried to overtake everyone on the island. The war between them led to a battle of epic proportions. The Light

King managed to trap Shadowlord in a portal that is now known as The Shadow World. After the war, he died, but his spirit was kept in a wand by a mystic witch, named

Cynthia Parish. The wand is now held underground the land of Left Shore. In the end, the war between Shadowlord and Light King set a dark, negative energy on Twilight

Land, transforming it into the cursed place on Karate Island, known today as, The Forbidden Lands." Patrick read aloud.

He and the team gasped.

"So that's how the Forbidden Lands became...well...forbidden." Linda said.

"You guys have experience with that place?" Tetra asked.

"Too much, unfortunately." Shin said.

-----------------------------------

After Shin found the spell, he and the team headed to Shadow Lane. It was blocked off by police tape.

"I can see figures of people." Pearl said.

"People who are under the influence of darkness, sadly." Shin said.

"I have a plan. We'll get to middle of the street and I'll emit light from my body." Linda started.

"Right! Your light powers will be enough to shine through the darkness possessing this area!" Shin said.

"Right. After that's done, Shin will read the spell and turn people back into themselves again." Linda said.

"Then, I'll use my earth powers and dig through into the underground." Patrick continued.

"Where we'll retrieve the wand!" Pearl ended.

"Let's get to it!" SpongeBob said, leading the team into Shadow Lane.

Terrible shadow beasts and possessed-morphed looking people were watching their every move.

"Alright Linda, do your thing." Shin said.

"Linda shined a light from her body that completely vanquished the darkness.

The shadow beasts, now exposed to light, were angered and began to run towards the team in the center of the street.

"They're coming for us! Shin, NOW!" SpongeBob said

"metriom, cindion, blackamore. metriom, cindion, blackamore. metrion, cindion, BLACKAMORE." Shin casted the spell.

The beasts stopped in their tracks and transformed back into normal people.

After a few moments, cop cars came riding in.

A black government car pulled up. Mayor King stepped out of it.

"Me and my officers will get these people re-adjusted, you and your team go to retrieve the wand. We'll then hand it over to our most trusted sorcerer." Mayor King

said.

"Sure thing." SpongeBob said.

Patrick used his earth powers to dig below the street. After digging far enough, the team started to journey through.

The team came along a path that led to Cynthia Parish's wand. It was encased in glass.

"Wow, it's so beautiful." Shin said picking it up. Cynthia's wand was white, but had a shining purple design traveling around it.

"Why don't you use a wand, Shin?" Pearl asked

"Meh..it's kind of old style." Shin said, making the team laugh.

After getting praise from citizens of Left Shore and News outlets, the team went back to Mayor King's office.

"Oh. Team SpongeBob. I heard you all got a lot of praise." Mayor King said.

"Yeah and we have the wand." Shin said.

"Give it to me. I know a sorcerer who can handle it properly." Mayor King told them.

SpongeBob handed it to him.

"Thank you." Mayor King smiled, then used the wand's power to imprison the team in a light barrier.

"MAYOR KING!" SpongeBob yelled.

"WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?" Shin asked.

Mayor King's body seemed to have shape-shifted.

"SHADOWLORD!" the team yelled.

"My powers have grown immensely. I can now shape-shift into the people whose shadows I've possessed." Shadowlord revealed.

"Where is Mayor King?" SpongeBob asked.

"I stored him and his stupid guards in the dungeon. No one can stop me now. With this wand, I will open back up The Shadow World and then lead the shadow demons in

overtaking this forsaken planet!" Shadowlord said.

"Man, that is one good plan!" Patrick said.

"PATRICK!" the team yelled at him.

"Sorry..." he responded.

"Tah tah, Team SpongeBob." Shadowlord faded.

"How the heck do we get out of this barrier?" Shin said, trying to override it with his dark energy powers.

"Even I can't break it." Shin said.

"Maybe I can be of some use?" Tetra said, walking in.

"Tetra!" Patrick said as she stepped in front of the barrier.

"I knew something was amiss when I didn't notice my brother around to discuss things with the press. Then when I came to this building, I hadn't seen any guards."

Tetra said.

"Cool, you played detective, BUT WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!" SpongeBob said panicking.

"I said I could help." Tetra smiled.

"How...you don't have any- " Shin started.

" -I do." Tetra interrupted, revealing that she has powers.

In an instant, Tetra released a blast of sonic waves.

"Uhhhh-errrr-ahhhhhh" Tetra pushed harder.

The noise of her sound powers rattled the team's ears.

Tetra stopped. Nothing had happened.

"Didn't work.." SpongeBob said.

"Wait, this is a light barrier. Linda, you control light." Pearl rationalized.

"I can't believe I didn't think!" Linda said as she touched the barrier. She was able to tap into it's power and cause it to release them.

"Alright!" Shin said

The team cheered.

"So, what's up?" Tetra asked.

"Shadowlord impersonated your brother, trapped us here after we gave him Cynthia's wand, and now he's going to The Forbidden Lands to open The Shadow World and send us

all into a SHADOWED DOOM!" Patrick blurted out hysterically.

"Wow. I guess this is just a regular day for Team SpongeBob huh?" Tetra said.

"Yup. Pretty normal." Pearl said as the others agreed.

"We'll stop him, but we gotta get there now." Shin said as he and the others made their way to the S-jet, meanwhile Tetra raced to find her brother.

The Shadowlord is seen walking across The Forbidden Lands.

He pulled out Cynthia Parish's wand and gently stroked his arm across an open field.

A portal began to open up, looking as if it was eating the ground in.

"The Shadow World..." Shadowlord said in a whisper.

Meanwhile, Team SpongeBob were still flying in the S-Jet.

"Almost there." Shin said, flying the jet.

"I just hope he hasn't opened up The Shadow World yet." Patrick said.

"Even if he does, we'll get the wand and close it right back up." SpongeBob said.

"Uh oh. We spoke to soon." Linda said as the team entered the Forbidden Lands and saw thousands of shadow demons flying out of a large portal.

"We need to get out of here!" Shin said, turning the jet around.

As the jet was leaving, a group of flying shadow beasts were heading for them.

"We've got trouble." Patrick pointed out, as more started after the team.

"Don't worry, I've got this." Shin said, as he quickly spit of a spell that created a barrier around the S-Jet.

Shin had successfully maneuvered the jet away.

-------------------------------------------

Two days later, shadow demons had taken over the island, sending many citizens into hiding, and killing others.

Team SpongeBob, King Neptune, and the Karate Island Government Officials met up in a secret castle near the edge of the island.

Around a long withered brown table, everyone sat around debating about what to do.

"THAT PLAN WOULD NEVER WORK!" A congressman said.

Arguments erupted as everyone tried to force their plan into action.

"PEOPLE. CALM DOWN!" SpongeBob yelled.

"All of you are debating about how to use the Karate Island Military, when you should be debating about how to use US." Shin roared.

"Team SpongeBob. You guys are a last ditch effort. We can't have you dying so soon into this.

"We're not going to die." Linda said.

"ACTUALLY. One of you is..." a mysterious voice shouted out.

"King Neptune, Mayor of Left Shore is here with his sister." A servant announced.

Mayor King had a fractured leg and leaned of his sister, Tetra for support.

SpongeBob and Patrick helped get him to a seat at the table.

"Thank you." Mayor King said.

"How'd you get here with all these demons boasting around?" Pearl asked.

"We took an underground route." Tetra said.

"What'd you mean by that comment?" Shin asked.

"Look, I know how you can end this." King revealed.

"Well, if you do, please share. My citizens are on the run from these demons and several have been killed. Plus the lives of our armed men and women are dwindling."

King Neptune said.

"First, Team SpongeBob must get Cynthia Parish's wand from Shadowlord. Then, one of you must enter the Shadow World and close it from the inside." King started.

"WHAT?" Shin shouted out. "We can close it from the outside."

"You can't, Shin. I've done my research." King said warily.

"But..." Shin started to tear.

"Shin...why is it so bad for us to go inside?" Pearl asked, the rest of the room eager to know as well.

"Anyone who goes into the Shadow World will die from the large amount of dark energy there. Not to mention that you'd be trapped there forever." Shin finally spoke

out.

Everyone was in shock as they finally understood King's comment earlier.

"This is a suicide mission.." a governor stated.

"For one Team SpongeBob member...yes." Neptune said darkly.

----------------------------------------------

The Team took to the gym in the castle to train before going into battle.

As the castle itself was worn and withered, being in a desolate location and all, the gym was also very old style.

Tetra came over to Patrick, who was lifting weights.

"So..did you guys decide who would take the plunge? The final plunge, should I say." Tetra asked with a giggle.

"THIS ISN'T FUNNY" Patrick shouted out loudly, the other Team SpongeBob members overhearing.

"Pat.." Tetra said quietly. "I didn't mean.." Tetra ended, running out.

SpongeBob came over to Patrick. "You okay?"

"I was so mean just now." Patrick said.

"Just..get back to training." SpongeBob said.

"GUYS" Shin shouted out. "It's gonna be me. I'm gonna enter the Shadow World." Shin decided.

"Shin.." SpongeBob started.

"-No, SpongeBob...I'm the only one who can perform the spell anyway." Shin rationalized.

"What happens when you close it?" Pearl asked.

"Good question." Linda said.

"When I perform the closing spell, all of the shadow demons will be sucked back in." Shin said.

"Why?" Patrick asked.

"Because. The opened portal is the only thing keeping their dark energy flowing in the mortal world. They can no longer exist here without it." Shin revealed.

"Well I hope you know that closing the portal won't be a piece of cake." Neptune stated, walking in.

"You have Intel, I suppose." SpongeBob guessed.

"Shadowlord is guarding the portal with hundreds of shadow demons surrounding. He's expecting us." Neptune told them.

"Then it's time he gets what he's expecting." Shin said with a smile.

-----------------------------------------------------

The team began their plans of attack, with Tetra's aid.

Flying in the S-Jet, which they had set to invisible mode, they entered the Forbidden Lands, seeing all of the shadow demons and then Shadowlord on a raised platform.

"Okay Tetra. When I open the bottom of the jet, I want you to shoot out massive amounts of sonic waves. Enough to scatter the shadow demons." Shin commanded.

"Yes." Tetra said. She took a quick glance at Patrick, who looked back. Both hadn't talked since the gym incident.

Shin opened the bottom of the jet, and Tetra used the fullest extent of her powers to shoot out a ton of sonic waves onto the ground. As the demons started to scramble

, Shin decided to crash the jet into the ground, but transporting the team away first.

The impact caused a terrible fire to spread around the particular area of the Forbidden Lands.

The Karate Island Military arrived and started to open fire on the shadow demons, who were enraged.

Patrick, SpongeBob, and Linda made their way to Shadowlord who had come down onto the battle field.

SpongeBob tried to use his super speed to punch him, but Shadowlord trapped SpongeBob in his shadow.

"SpongeBob!" Patrick and Linda shouted

Patrick shot boulders at Shadowlord, but he made his body intangible using his powers.

Linda shot energy blasts at him, but with his powers, he turned them into negative energy and reflected them back at Linda.

Linda was hit severely as the negative energy started to flurry in her body.

"NO!" Patrick ran to her body on the ground.

Shin, Tetra, and Pearl arrived.

Shin shot blasts of black magic at Shadowlord, but he put up a light energy barrier.

"He must have Cynthia's wand with him." Tetra said.

"As we hoped." Shin said.

Tetra shot sonic blasts at the barrier.

He released the barrier and sent a dark energy punch at her, which smacked her into the ground.

"Hmm.." Pearl thought, as she shot an explosive arrow near him. The impact sent Shadowlord flinging away, as the wand dropped out of him.

"There it is!" Pearl shouted.

SpongeBob was released from his shadow and he made his way over to Linda, but something strange happened. A yellow light shined in Linda's body and apparently healed

her from the dark energy. "Amazing." SpongeBob said.

With his terrakinesis, Patrick sunk the wand into the ground and up by him.

"GIVE ME THAT!" Shadowlord yelled, getting up.

"NO!" Patrick said, taking it in his hand. Suddenly, Patrick's body turned into someone else.

"What in the world?" Shin asked.

"The Light King!" Linda said as her and SpongeBob had an up-close seat to it.

"Hello, Shadowlord." The Light King said.

"Well, well, well. After one hundred years..you finally have found a way to show yourself. How?" Shadowlord asked.

"When Cynthia Parish's wand is put in the hands of a good soul, I can choose to take over that person's spirit and body. Of course, temporarily and of course I'd never

do it without reason...so now I have a reason. DEFEATING YOU!" The Light King shouted as he blasted a vast amount of light energy at Shadowlord.

Shadowlord punches his way through them with dark energy surrounding his body. Shadowlord then makes a lengthy blast of dark energy, resembling a dragon's head in the front.

The Light King puts up  barrier, but the dark energy is overpowering. His barrier releases and he's been hurt.

"HAH HAH HAH!" Shadowlord said

Linda got up and shot her light energy blasts at him.

"Back OFF!" Shadowlord said shooting a wave of dark energy at her. SpongeBob used his super speed to get her out of the way.

Meanwhile, The Light King made a fist of light and sent it punching at Shadowlord, who hit to the ground.  

"I NEED HIM DOWN!" The Light King yelled.

"dnuorg eht ot dennip mih peek" Shin casted a spell that kept Shadowlord pinned to the ground.

"MY MAGIC CAN'T HOLD FOR LONG!" Shin said struggling.

The Light King came to Shadowlord's body and put his hands over him.

"Get OFF OF ME!" Shadowlord shouted.

With the last bit of his power, The Light King sent all of his positive energy into Shadowlord, vanquishing him once and for all.

"My job here is done." The Light King said, with him returning Patrick's body to him.

"Uhhh..." Patrick felt weak and fell down. Tetra, Linda, SpongeBob, and Pearl surrounded Patrick's body.

Shin picked up the wand and entered the Shadow World.

"SHIN!" the team screamed, not getting to say goodbye to him.

Moments later, the portal began to shine a white light as the shadow demons began getting pulled back into the Shadow World.

Before it's closing, Shin used the last bit of his strength to transport himself back out.

The Shadow World closed, with the portal disappearing from the Forbidden Lands.

Shin's body lay on the ground. Cold and completely taken over by dark energy.

"He's dead." SpongeBob cried.

The team and the military surrounded his body.

"Shin..can't...be gone.." Pearl said, also in tears.

As the team cried and the military, Linda held her head up and had an idea.

Linda put her hands on his chest. She pumped her light energy into his body and completely wiped out the darkness affecting his system. Everyone watched in amazement.

Shin's body was purified.

Shin opened his eyes and coughed. Everyone cheered and cried tears of happiness.

"You scared us, Shin." Linda said with a smile.

"Don't EVER leave without saying goodbye." Pearl said.

"Ehmm.." Shin smiled.

-------------------------------------------------------

A week later, and Karate Island was still being fixed up. The damage caused by the shadow demons was extensive, but much hard work was being done to help the island

back on it's feet.

At the Team SpongeBob HQ, Tetra had come to visit.

"Tetra! Good to see you again." Shin said, with the other members greeting her as well.

Tetra had gone over to Patrick.

"Not gonna say hi?" Tetra asked.

"OH, NO! I mean, I was, but my friends were...UH..greeting you first." Patrick blushed.

"Look, I know things got awkward between us...but I wanted to fix it.." Tetra said, planting a kiss on him.

Patrick pushed her back after a few seconds. "I'm sorry. I can't."  Patrick said.

"I'm sorry..I guess I read the signs wrong between us." Tetra said.

"No. You didn't. But, I...um. I lost my girlfriend a year ago and I am NOT over it. I can't go into a new relationship half-hearted." Patrick explained.

"Okay. Well if you ever, ya know, change your mind. You know where to find me." Tetra said with a smile.

"How is Left Shore doing, by the way?" Patrick asked.

"Really good. We're rebuilding our community. How is that wand?" Tetra asked.

"Oh, Cynthia Parish's wand no longer works. After using max power to close the Shadow World, the wand's power just shut off." Patrick revealed.

"Well..I should be going." Tetra said.

"Hey, why don't you stay for dinner!" SpongeBob came out and said. "Our secondary squad cooked, wanting to impress us." SpongeBob continued.

"Is that cool?" Tetra turned to Patrick.

"Just fine!" Patrick said, putting his arm around Tetra, as they and SpongeBob walked to the HQ's kitchen.

• Like 1

Team SpongeBob - Season 8.0: The Chosen One Saga

Ep.120 "Half Life"

April 8, 2014 7:01AM Spongey Towers

Pearl was asleep in her bed when she got a ring on her cell phone.

"Ughh.." Pearl groaned, answering it.

"This is Pearl Krabs, correct?" a male's voice said.

"Yes, yes, now what do you want." Pearl said.

"This is Shellingtas Hospital. Your father has been admitted." the man revealed.

Pearl's weary eyes widened and her heart grew in her chest. She had no idea what to expect next.

April 8, 2014 8:23AM Shellingtas Hospital, Room 203

Pearl, Shin, SpongeBob and Linda arrived at Shellingtas Hospital to see Mr.Krabs.

"So he was poisoned?" Pearl asked the doctor.

"Yes, and it seems to be no treatment we can provide to help him. Your father is by all means, in a permanent coma." Doctor Brillis told her.

"Pearl, we're sorry." Shin said, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"We're going to find out who did this." SpongeBob turned to her.

"Hey, where's Linda?" Pearl noticed her absence.

SpongeBob went into the hallway where Linda had retreated.

"Linda? Are you okay?" SpongeBob questioned.

"It's just that seeing Mr. Krabs in a coma, reminds me of when I was in one. It's just a little soon I guess.." Linda stated.

"I'm sorry, you shouldn't have had to see that." SpongeBob slid by her against the hospital wall.

"Hey..something else has been on my mind." Linda said.

"What?" SpongeBob asked.

"What did Pearl mean a few days ago...when she said you should of stayed faithful to me?" Linda asked.

SpongeBob got stiff and closed his eyes to repress his thoughts.

"SpongeBob! What!" Linda demanded to know.

"It's stupid. I just kissed Sandy, that's all." SpongeBob admitted.

Linda's face tensed and her voice got high, "WHAT?" Linda yelled.

"It was a mistake. Sandy was emotional and I was comforting her..and it just happened." SpongeBob said.

"Wow, and you kept this from me!?...How long?" Linda asked, almost tearing.

"A few weeks." SpongeBob said.

"I don't want to talk to you right now.." Linda said, rushing off.

SpongeBob stood there overcome in sadness.

April 8, 2014 9:01AM Spongey Towers

Pearl, Shin, SpongeBob, and Linda arrived back at the tower.

"Hey, how's Krabs?" Sandy asked them, her and Patrick cuddled up on the couch.

"How are you?" Linda asked, snarkily.

"Huh?" Sandy asked, getting up.

"What's WRONG with you! Kissing other people's boyfriends?!" Linda yelled.

"Linda!" SpongeBob tried to ease her down.

Shin, Pearl, and Patrick were left with shocked faces.

"Oh my gosh, YOU TOLD HER?" Sandy looked at SpongeBob.

"Yes. I couldn't hide it any longer." SpongeBob said.

Patrick got up. "Wait, Sandy...you and SpongeBob...you guys, kissed?" Patrick asked with tears pouring down his face.

"I never meant to hurt you!" Sandy said.

"BUT YOU DID!" Patrick screamed, rattling Sandy.

Suddenly, a message came in on the team's flat screen.

"Hello, Team SpongeBob." it was Plankton.

"I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Krabs, if you are looking for the culprit...that would be me. I have a special chemical that can reverse the poison's damage that I wreaked upon poor old Krabs. I will hand it over....in exchange for the Universal Guardian." Plankton stated.

"Debbie!" Shin thought to himself.

"Please don't take long to decide. Mr. Krabs likely doesn't have much time left. Tik tok, Team SpongeBob!" Plankton ended, with the signal cutting off.

The team stared at each other. All of the drama, the threats from Plankton, and worry over Debbie, darkened the atmosphere of Spongey Towers.

They all stood still and silent for what seemed like forever...until Shin broke the silence.

"We can't give him Debbie." Shin said.

"But, my father!" Pearl burst.

"There has to be another solution." Linda said.

"I'm not sure what." SpongeBob said.

"I have a plan." Sandy said.

"What is it?" Shin asked.

"We give Plankton, Debbie...but it won't really be Debbie." Sandy started.

"I'm not following." Shin said.

"Me neither." Pearl said.

"Shin will use a spell to transform into Debbie. When we've gotten the chemical cure from Plankton, we'll take off, Shin will reveal his true self, then use his powers to escape from Plankton's grasp." Sandy detailed.

"That's actually a solid plan!" Pearl said.

"It's crazy, but it just might work." Shin said.

April 8, 2014 9:01PM Spongey Towers

Team SpongeBob met up with Plankton in back of The Krusty Krab.

"What? No armor today?" SpongeBob asked.

Suddenly, a female, humanoid robot appeared from out of the sky.

"I have a means of defense, RIGHT here!" Plankton said, with the chemical cure in hand. "This is my robot guard, Karen."

"Alright Debbie, walk over to me and Karen will walk the cure over to your friends." Plankton says.

"Yeah, I'm coming." Shin-as-Debbie said.

Shin begins walking towards Plankton, when suddenly Plankton yells for a pause!

"Wait, where's Shin. Seems odd that he isn't here." Plankton said.

"Shin had other business to attend to. Our apologies." SpongeBob rolled his eyes.

As Karen hands over the cure, she goes back to Plankton's side and restrains Debbie in cuffs.

Team SpongeBob heads back onto the S-Jet, leaving Karen, Plankton, and Shin down below.

Immediately, Shin transforms back into his real self  and releases himself from the cuffs.

"TREACHERY!" Plankton yells.

Karen shoots electricity from her hands at Shin's chest, causing him to fall out.

"Guys! Turn this jet back around, Shin's in trouble!" Patrick said, viewing from the back window.

SpongeBob turned the jet back around and the team jumped out as soon as they landed.

"Karen! Kill Team SpongeBob."

"Yes sir. Your wish is my command." Karen says, monotonously as she shoots electricity at the group.

Patrick puts up a rock wall, while Sandy runs from the side and engages in a physical fight with Karen, transforming into her own - robotic side.

Karen shoots electricity at Sandy, but Sandy's robotic side is repellent. Sandy punches Karen and the two get into more of a scuffle. Sandy overpowers Karen, ripping her arm limbs off.

Karen falls to the ground, yelling out, "PPPLAANKTONNNNNN!" in agony.

"Plankton's long gone." Sandy noticed.

The team gathered Shin's body and got back onto the S-Jet, taking off.

April 9, 2014 8:23AM Shellingtas Hospital, Room 203

Mr. Krabs had been given the cure for the poison, and now opened his eyes to his beautiful daughter leaning over him as he lie on his hospital bed.

"P-Pearl.." Mr. Krabs said softly.

"I'm here dad." Pearl said, embracing him, her eyes full of tears.

The two embraced in a hug.

Patrick and Shin watched from outside the room.

"So, what happens with you and Sandy now?" Shin asked.

"I'm done with her. Any girl who'd keep secret from me, doesn't deserve me." Patrick said.

"I think it was an honest mistake. Sandy and you have been going pretty strong for some time now." Shin pointed out.

"Then I guess this is where we're meant to finish." Patrick said, sadly.

April 9, 2014 8:28AM Spongey Towers

A knock on Linda's door.

Linda answered.

"Hey, it's me here...SpongeBob, your boyfriend. I, uh, made you breakfast." SpongeBob said, having a platter of eggs, coralcakes, and kelp bites.

"Thanks, but I'm not hungry." Linda said, grabbing the platter and sitting it on her TV Stand.

Linda motioned SpongeBob into the hallway.

"Look..I was doing a lot of thinking last night, and I realized that you and me are so young, but so wrapped up in this romance of ours." Linda said.

"Because we love each other!" SpongeBob said.

"Yes, that's true, but I just think it would be healthy if we took a break. Meet new people, do new things, follow new paths...separate from each other. The kiss between you and Sandy made me realize how much healthier it'd be if we did embark on new journeys, so to speak." Linda rationalized.

"So we need to break up? Really?" SpongeBob said as his eyes began to water.

"SpongeBob, this isn't forever. I love you. With ALL of my heart." Linda stressed, with tears pouring down her cheeks.

"I love you too, with all of my soul." SpongeBob said, letting the tears flow.

"So when love is THIS real, it will ALWAYS find a way to re-spark again. SpongeBob, this is not us saying goodbye, this is us saying...see ya later. Do you understand me?" Linda asked.

"Yes. My heart belongs to you. No one else, EVER." SpongeBob said.

"Same here." Linda said, as the two shared one last kiss, and then departed.

• Like 1

Ep.8 "Coming Out"

April 10, 2014 8:24AM Spongey Towers

Debbie had arrived at Spongey Towers to talk to Shin about coming out to her parents in regards to her powers.

"They wouldn't understand. There's no way I can tell them." Debbie said.

"As the Universal Guardian, your parents are bound to find out eventually. You're going to have responsibilities that will interefere with your person life. It's better to get it out of the way now." Shin made clear.

"You're right. I can't do it alone, though." Debbie said.

Pearl walked into the living room.

"I could go with you, if you need some girl support. I know what it's like to tell your parents something like this." Pearl said.

"Really?" Debbie asked.

"Yeah. When I first joined Team SpongeBob, I eventually had to reveal that I was a vigilante to my father, after my sueprhero life clashed with my personal one." Pearl explained.

"I'd love for you to come with me." Debbie said with a smile.

"We'll go this afternoon. It'll give you time to prepare what you'll say." Pearl said.

April 10, 2014 9:25AM Bikini Bottom Public Library

SpongeBob and Sandy were looking for spells in the Witchcraft section of the Bikini Bottom Public Library.

"A lot of these books are just fantasy, but the magical spells they list may be able to work for Shin." Sandy said

"Remember, we're looking for a spell that can break down high level barriers. If Shin can break down Plankton's barrier on the Chum Bucket, we can take him by storm, get the Universal Key, and end all of this once and for all." SpongeBob said.

"Right." Sandy said, "So,...Patrick broke up with me if you didn't know already." Sandy said.

"I know. Patrick hasn't talked to me since the truth dropped. Linda broke up with me too." SpongeBob said, fingering through books.

"I'm sorry. I never meant for things to get so complicated." Sandy said.

"Me neither. We're both at fault." SpongeBob said.

"Maybe this was a sign, though. That maybe it was time for...me and you...to give things a try." Sandy suggested, blushing.

"Me and Linda broke up less than forty eight hours ago. I'm sorry, but I'm not the type of guy to go jumping into a new relationship in five seconds after the old one." SpongeBob said, with a hint of anger.

"OH, NO! I was just saying...I wasn't meaning that we should try being together now." Sandy said.

"Ah, I see." SpongeBob said.

"Although...I think it's always been clear, how strongly I feel for you...how strongly we feel for eachother." Sandy said.

"I FOUND SOMETHHING!!!" SpongeBob said, rapidly changing the subject. "I found a spell that might work!" SpongeBob restated.

April 10, 2014 10:25AM Spongey Towers

SpongeBob and Sandy called for a meeting regarding the spell they found.

"Good job guys. I think this may work. I just need some time to practice." Shin said.

"So, we're really going to do this? We're going to storm Plankton?" Linda asked.

"That's the plan." SpongeBob said.

"..And the sooner, the better." Sandy said.

"Yeah. We need to hurry and reestablish the connection between the universe and Karate Island." Shin made clear.

"Speaking of the connection...where's Debbie?" Patrick asked.

"Her and Pearl are in Pearl's room discussing how Debbie's going to go about telling her parents that she's the Universal Guardian." Shin revealed.

"Huh, well that's going to go well." Patrick said.

"Gotta agree with Pat, I mean...look how bad things got between Pearl and Krabs because she came out to him as a vigilante." Linda said.

"Well, we'll just have to hope that things with Debbie and her parents go better..." Shinn said.

April 10, 2014 1:25AM outside The Chum Bucket

Team SpongeBob (minus Pearl) arrived at The Chum Bucket.

"The barrier's still as strong as ever." Shin said, feeling it's energy from afar.

As the group approached the perimeter of the barrier, Shin got ready to do his spell.

"Let's hope this works!" SpongeBob said.

"Quantium, neveda! Quantium, neveda! Nevene, nadine, QUANTIUM!" Shin chanted, releasing powerful amounts of dark energy that attacked the barrier's energy.

The spell worked and the barrier let down.

"CHAAAARRRGEEEE!" SpongeBob said, using his super speed to plummet through the Chum Bucket entrance.

April 10, 2014 1:35PM Debbie's House

Debbie and Pearl arrived at her house.

"Ready?" Pearl asked.

Debbie hesitated, then knocked on the door.

"Debbie! Did you forget your key?" Debbie's mother, Felicia asked.

"Yeah, I'm almost doing that." Debbie chuckled, as she and Pearl came in.

"Whose your friend? I've never seen her before." Felicia said.

"This is Pearl, she's a Team SpongeBob member!" Debbie said.

"Team SpongeBob?!" Debbie's father, Howard, came down. "I love you guys! Thanks for so effortlessly protecting our city." Howard said, gleefully.

"It's not a problem, but I'm here in support of your daughter." Pearl said, as they both sat on the couch.

"Mom..dad, I have something to tell you. I want to know that you guys will love me just the same, no matter what." Debbie asked.

"Debbie, of course. You can tell us anything." Felicia said.

"Really?" Debbie asked.

"Really." Felicia said.

"Well-" Debbie started, as Howard cut her off.

"-I know what this is about. You're dating this girl!" Howard said, point to Pearl.

"WHAT?" Debbie screamed.

"Oh..maybe not." Howard said.

Debbie stood up. "I'm the Universal Guardian." she let the words fall out.

Her parents looked at each other in sync.

"What?" Debbie asked.

"We never would of thought...well, you see...your aunt was the same thing." Felicia revealed.

"I know!" Debbie said.

"How? We never told you about your auntie." Howard asked.

"She appeared to me as a ghost. It was during a time when I didn't accept my role...what I was. Team SpongeBob tried to get through to me, but I didn't listen. Aunt Lily stepped in to slap some since into me." Debbie revealed.

Felicia began crying. "Your aunt, my sister...she was a beautiful, strong, and courageous woman. She took her duties as the Guardian with great care. Even if it meant that she had to be away all the time. I know you'll follow in her footsteps." Felicia said, hugging her daughter.

Howard joined in on the hug as well.

April 10, 2014 1:35PM Spongey Towers

The team rushed into the Chum Bucket. No one was around, the entire place was empty.

"WHAT?" Shin said.

SpongeBob used his super speed to check more efficiently. "This whole place is empty. Plankton's gone, but where?" SpongeBob pondered.

Suddenly, red lights started flashing, bells going off, the entire place started locking down from the inside out, and a message on the screen appeared. Plankton had pre-taped a video.

"Welcome to your doom, Team SpongeBob. Right now, I am getting ready to destroy Bikini Bottom with a group of robots created from the power of the Universal Key. In the meantime, the Chum Bucket is set to explode in ten minutes. No magic will be of help either. My lock in system extends to the magical arts. So any hope of transporting out is off the table." Plankton revealed, with the video ending.

"AW MAN! Plankton got us good." SpongeBob said, frustrated.

"We NEED to get out of here." Linda said.

"What are we to do?! We're locked in with no way of escaping." SpongeBob said.

"That's not completely true!" Sandy said.

"-The ground." Sandy remarked.

"You're right!" Patrick said, using his earth abilities to rip open the floor.

April 10, 2014 1:45PM

Pearl and Debbie were leaving Debbie's house. Debbie stopped Pearl for a minute.

"Hey, I just wanna say thanks. Thanks for helping me come out to my parents." Debbie said.

"It's not a problem. As I said, I been through it." Pearl explained.

Debbie hugged her.

"Debs..what the heck is that?" Pearl said, seeing a swarm of robots and Plankton in his mega-suit.

"Uh oh." Debbie said.

"We need to contact the team," Pearl said, as the two ladies ran down the street.

April 10, 2014 1:45PM Spongey Towers

As Patrick dug a trail underground the Chum Bucket, the explosion went off.

After a few minutes, Patrick opened up the ground to the outside.

The team came up to see black smoke and flames surrounding the area.

"Come on guys! We have to stop Plankton!" SpongeBob said, coughing badly.

TO.BE.CONTINUED...

Ep.9 "Domination"

April 10, 2014 2:45PM Krusty Krab

Multiple citizens of Bikini Bottom gathered together in the Krusty Krab, including Team SpongeBob.

"Plankton's robots are ripping the city to shreds!" Mr. Krabs exclaimed.

"Me and my team won't let Plankton get away with this." SpongeBob said.

"If that's true, WHY DON'T YOU GO OUT THERE AND STOP HIM!" a random woman said, carrying a crying child in her arms.

"We need structure. A plan. I'm sorry lady, I'm sorry to all of you." SpongeBob addressed the citizens in the restaurant.

"SpongeBob, I'm going to lead half of us out into the city to battle those robots." Shin said.

"And the other half of the team does what?" SpongeBob asked.

"These robots have to be controlled by some kind of source. Find it. Take Debbie and Pearl. Patrick and Sandy, you guys are with me." Shin ordered.

"And me?" Linda asked.

"Stay here, and protect the citizens in this restaurant." Shin commanded.

"Alright." Linda agreed.

"Pearl, before you go. I want you to know how proud I am of you." Mr. Krabs said.

Pearl hugged her father tightly.

"I'll be okay." Pearl made clear.

With that, the two groups split into their missions.

"I feel a great source of energy coming from the mountains." Debbie said, using her powers.

"Are you sure?" SpongeBob asked.

"Definitely." Debbie said.

"Then that's where the three of us are heading." SpongeBob said.

April 10, 2014 3:00PM Bikini Bottom

Shin, Sandy, and Patrick started to engage with the robots.

Using a powerful spell, Shin was able to shoot down several at a time out of the sky.

Angered, several robots ganged up on him and began blasting their energies at him.

Shin put up a barrier surrounding himself.

Sandy and Patrick came to his aid, with both of them levitating rocks, stop signs, and street lights at the mindless bots.

As more of them came at Patrick and Sandy, Patrick asked her a question.

"Are they platinum?" Patrick asked.

"Yes, meaning I can't rip them in half with my powers, but I sure can use my hands to the same effect!" Sandy exclaimed as she tackled down a few with her own robotic

side.

In the mountains, SpongeBob and Pearl were following after Debbie.

They arrived at a secret bunker.

"The energy I was feeling is definitely coming from here.

Pearl used an arrow to shoot open the bunker, and the three went in.

They came across a room where a machine was producing massive amounts of energy.

"This machine's obviously powering the robots in Bikini Bottom.

"I'm more amazed that Plankton built a secret bunker in the mountainside." Pearl said.

Back in Bikini Bottom, a swarm of police officers arrived to help Shin, Sandy, and Patrick.

Patrick decided to levitate himself into the sky, using a boulder.

"Patrick, YOU CAN'T HANDLE ALL OF THOSE BOTS IN THE SKY BY YOURSELF!" Sandy shouted from below.

"I CAN TRY." Patrick shouted from above.

In the sky, Patrick ripped pieces of buildings to launch at the flying bots.

Sandy saw that Head Officer Jell had arrived.

"Well, Jell. All of your refusal to help us against Plankton has come to this. Are you happy?!?" Sandy asked.

"NO! This wasn't how it was supposed to be!" Jell said.

"Wait, were you working with Plankton?" Sandy asked.

Jell gulped. "There are still robots on the streets! We need to handle this instead of talking." Jell insisted.

With that, Jell, Sandy, and the rest of the police officers went back into battle.

Back at the mountains, SpongeBob and the ladies were in the secret bunker, unsure of what to do.

"Why can't we just destroy the machine?" Pearl asked.

"This isn't a simple TV show, Pearl. Just destroying the machine won't work out. If we do such, the energy will release, having no other place to go, and it'll

completely wipe out the mountains and US with it." SpongeBob made clear.

"So what now?" Pearl asked.

"Wait, I got it." Debbie said.

"What?" SpongeBob asked.

"The law of conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed." Debbie started.

"Only transferred or transformed." Pearl continued for her.

"So what are you getting at?" SpongeBob asked.

"I can transfer the energy from the machine  to myself, thereby shutting down the machine and the bots!" Debbie said.

"I realize your powers allow you to perform such a feat, but it's risky." SpongeBob said.

"What's risky is letting this robot domination continue. This is the only way to stop it." Debbie said.

"Debs, are you sure?" Pearl asked, nearly tearing up.

"Yes. I am the Universal Guardian, aren't I?" Debbie stated.

SpongeBob and Pearl accepted her decision.

Debbie began drawing the power out.

"Uhhh-uhhh.." Debbie twinged in pain.

As the energy started to swarm into her body and cause her to scream, Pearl yelled out for the girl.

SpongeBob held Pearl back. "She HAS to do this, Pearl." SpongeBob said.

As the energy swarmed into Debbie more and more, the machine started to frizzle out.

The energy was completely gone from the machine and inside Debbie.

Debbie fell to the ground, as SpongeBob and Pearl ran to her side.

"Is she dead?" Pearl asked.

Back in Bikini Bottom, all of the robots attacking the city powered down.

"They did it!" Shin said.

"Of course!" Sandy said, with her and Patrick running to Shin's side.

"Wait, something else is coming." Patrick said, feeling the ground.

Out of the ground came Plankton in his biggest battle suit yet.

"INTRODUCING, THE PLANKTRON!" Plankton said from a microphone inside.

"WHAT! I don't undestand?" Shin said.

"These robots were nothing but a farce. I knew you'd find the source, and if my theory is correct, the Universal Guardian sacrificed her life to stop the machine that

was powering my bots." Plankton revealed.

"NO! With Debbie gone, there's no Universal Guardian to wield the Universal Key and reastablish the connection with Karate Island." Shin realized.

"All, according,...to plan." Planton said, firing an explosive energy beam.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Ep.10 "Domination" (Part 2)

April 10, 2014 2:45PM Krusty Krab

Leading off from the previous episode, Plankton shoots a massive energy beam from his Planktron suit at Shin, Sandy, and Patrick.

Shin puts up a barrier, but it's not very affective, and the three end up getting blasted down the street.

"NOTHING can stop my machine!" Plankton said from the inside.

Jell and his officers became extremely nervous.

"If Team SpongeBob can't handle that thing, than we can't either." Jell said as some of his officers started to run away.

Back at the mountainside, Pearl and SpongeBob lamented over Debbie's unconcious body.

"There's a faint heart beat." SpongeBob said.

"Maybe you can save her with CPR?" Pearl suggested.

"I don't know how good a couple blows to the chest will do for Debbie." SpongeBob said.

"But it won't be a couple. Your super speed, remember?" Pearl said.

"Right!" SpongeBob's face lit up.

SpongeBob put his hands on Debbie's chest. Using super speed, he began to perform CPR.

Debbie regained consciousness and jumped up with a scream.

"Debbie! You're okay!" Pearl stated, hugging her tightly.

"Did we do it?" Debbie asked.

"YOU did it!" SpongeBob said with a smile.

"Let's head back into town." Pearl said.

Back in Bikini Bottom, The Planktron was tearing up Bikini Bottom even further.

Shin, Sandy, and Patrick hid inside a torn up building.

"If we go out there, we'd be committing suicide." Sandy said.

"But if we stay in here, Plankton will be committing more homicide." Shin said.

"So what the heck do we do?" Patrick asked.

"I don't know, but the Planktron has the power of the Universal Key. Unstoppable without Debbie's interference." Shin said.

"Do you think Debbie's really dead?" Sandy asked, tearing a bit.

"We have to assume anything right now." Shin said.

As SpongeBob, Pearl, and Debbie came closer to the city after fleeing the mountainside, they became aware of the Planktron.

"Looks like those bots were just fodders. A ruse for that massive machine Plankton's wielding." Pearl said.

"Yup. I think he's using the Universal Key to power it." SpongeBob said.

"He was probably counting on me to die." Debbie rationalized.

"You're right, but you didn't. Now we have the upper hand." SpongeBob said.

"You have a plan, don't you?" Debbie smiled.

"I'm not the leader of this team for nothing!" SpongeBob said.

As fires raged in the city, Plankton didn't stop the destruction and fire more energy beams.

Jell, having enough, ran into the streets.

"PLANKTON, this was NEVER the agreement." Jell said.

"I don't make agreements anymore!" Plankton said, shooting an energy beam at Jell.

SpongeBob, using super speed, pushed Jell out of the way.

"Huh?" Plankton said.

"Pearl came into the opening, shooting explosive arrows at the Planktron, which didn't do much.

"Your last attempts are pathetic, SpongeBob and Pearl! Your friends have fled, I have possession of the Key, and The Universal Guardian is dead." Plankton said, getting ready to shoot at them.

"You sure about that, Plankton!?" SpongeBob said, smiling.

Behind the Planktron, Debbie released the energy she absorbed from the machine in the mountainside, onto the Planktron.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Plankton yelled as the powerful energy attack completely destroyed the Planktron, with all of it's pieces falling to the ground.

Citizens began to come out of hiding, including Linda and the people that were hiding at the Krusty Krab. The rest of Team SpongeBob gathered beside Pearl and SpongeBob.

"Debbie did make it!" Shin said excitedly.

Out of the rummage, Pearl found Plankton's crushed body. Sandy found the key.

"Debbie, I think there's something you finally need to do now!" Sandy said with a laugh.

Debbie stared at the golden key in Sandy's hand. Without a further moment's hesitation, she grabbed it.

Debbie meditated herself into the Gateway. She came upon the Golden Gate. This time she had the key. As she inserted into the keyhole, the gate opened and she was able to see all of the infinite multiverses of the universe. She could see Senato, an alternate Bikini Bottom, destroyed dimensions, and finally, Karate Island.

Debbie touched the portal to Karate Island, and from there she granted the connection back to their world.

Debbie's spirit returned to her body and her eyes stopped glowing. Team SpongeBob, the officers of the city, and the citizens surrounded her.

With confidence, she stated: "The connection has been restored!"

Using her Guardian powers, she opened a portal to Karate Island.

The members of Team SpongeBob began shedding tears in relief.

Debbie turned to smile at them.

April 10, 2014 7:00PM

Mainland, Karate Island Team SpongeBob HQ

After Team SpongeBob returned to the island, they had discovered that the secondary squad (Jannice, Scooter, Sara, and Johnny) had died in an appearant attack on the base while the Main team were gone.

Shin's mother, Azarah relayed them the information.

"I am so sorry about your teammates. At the time, I went to meet with King Neptune. I did not even forsee that an attack would happen." Azarah said.

"It's okay, mother. I want to thank you for helping them while we were away." Shin said.

"Of course." Azarah smiled.

The loss of the four hurt the team deeply.

In the meeting room of the HQ, the team talked about what happens going forward.

"We need to find Conquess and destroy him." Shin said.

"He's ten times more powerful now. I mean, he was able to cut Karate Island off from our universe." SpongeBob said.

"I get that, but we have the Universal Guardian now." Shin said.

"Wait, but we left Debbie back at Bikini Bottom." Pearl said.

"Yes, but I talked with her parents. They are going to let her come to Karate Island to attend a Superpower Training School for young super powered people." Shin said.

"We have that?" Patrick asked.

"Not yet, but it's currently being build. It was a secret project that me and Neptune were working on before we left for Bikini Bottom. After Cassandra infected people with that airborne virus a year ago, slowly, citizens of Karate Island are developing exceptional abilities that require training, so that they don't hurt people." Shin said.

"WAIT, you've been hiding this from me? From US?" SpongeBob said.

"I know you're the leader of this team, but you weren't in the right frame of mind to deal with what I discovered at the time, with what Linda's death and return." Shin told him.

"We're a team, Shin. We would have handled it together. If there are more super powered people rising on the island, you should have told us about it." Linda said.

"I can't talk about this right now. Now that we are back from Bikini Bottom with the spell to destroy Kiai, that's what I need to do." Shin said.

Linda jumped up. "WAIT. I want to come with you. I want to be there when he thing that possessed me, is destroyed - for good." Linda said, sternly.

(End of Episode)

Post-Episode Scene:

April 11, 2014 Bikini Bottom, Vycro Tech, Manager's Office

"I'm glad you came, Jell." Victor Hollins said.

"Well brother, Team SpongeBob has defeated Plankton and have taken off back to Bikini Bottom." Jell told him.

"Good. Now I can begin my plans. The mayor of this city, Julian Jules, has refused my request to have the city run own Vycro Tech over and over. Maybe now he'll see it differently. Vycro Tech was the only building unscathed by the Planktron." Victor said.

"If he doesn't see it differently?" Jell asked.

"Then we kidnap him." Victor smiled.

(See this story continue on The Bikini Bottomen)

I do believe it's the five year anniversary of Team SpongeBob! So in honor of that, here's the Season 8.5 Premiere!

Team SpongeBob - Season 8.5: The Dark Jewel

Ep.124 "Murder"

May 11, 2014 9:43AM The HQ

Team SpongeBob had a meeting in the conference room.

"Today, those four bandits who broke into this HQ and killed our secondary troop, have been sentenced to life in prison." Shin revealed.

"It's crazy, how did four random bandits manage to break into the base and kill four super powered teenagers?" Sandy asked.

"Those guys are apparently ex-military. They were kicked out for helping in running a secret fish trafficking organization that subjected hundreds of women to the unthinkable." SpongeBob revealed.

"Still...something's funny about all of this. I've been keeping up with news on the trial, and those guys have not even tried to deny what they did." Sandy said.

"Well, there's tons of evidence stacked against them." Patrick said.

"Yeah, maybe they feel that it's useless to deny." Pearl agreed.

"Lets all just be happy that our friends are getting justice for what happened to them." Linda tried to ease the conversation.

May 11, 2014 3:14PM Karate Island Superpowered Institution

Shin went to the newly built Superpowered Institution that serves as a school for people with superpowers on the island.

"Debbie!" Shin called, seeing her walking out of the building.

"Shin!" Debbie ran into his arms.

"How's everything here?" Shin asked, enthusiastically.

"Good. I mean, for the most part. I feel like I'm gaining complete control over my powers at this point. My parents want to move back to Bikini Bottom, however." Debbie revealed.

"That wouldn't be fair to you!" Shin said, angrily.

"I don't have a choice. If they decide that they want to go back, I'll have to go with them." Debbie stated.

"You can stay with us,...if they decide to go back." Shin offered.

"You and Team SpongeBob? That'd be a dream, but my parents wouldn't go for it. They want me to wait until I'm 18 to start embracing my title as the Universal Guardian." Debbie told him.

"Man, your folks are sounding more selfish by the second." Shin said.

Back at the HQ, SpongeBob and Sandy were talking with Azarah, Shin's mother.

"So, you and the secondary squad never managed to find any information about Conquess's location on the island?" Sandy asked.

"No..he's been good at keeping himself hidden this time." Azarah started. "However, we did find a strange source of dark energy coming from Left Shore, but the energy died down after a few days." Azarah revealed.

"Why did you guys never go check it out?" SpongeBob asked.

"They wanted to, but I warned them that maybe it was something that should be handled when you guys got back from Bikini Bottom." Azarah said.

"Thank you for your time. We would have talked with you again sooner, but we were busy with the funeral planning.." SpongeBob mentioned.

"-Oh I know. The funeral for your fallen friends was beautiful, might I say." Azarah smiled. "They really were great kids." She added, leaving the HQ.

"It feels weird...that Azarah's on our side now." Sandy said.

"I remember when she erased your existence. I was afraid I'd never see you again." SpongeBob said.

"Yeah, well I'm here. Even though I died and stuff later on, I'm still here!" Sandy giggled.

"Yeah I'm glad about that. You're one of my oldest friends. I don't wanna lose you forever." SpongeBob said.

"I was thinking,...maybe we could catch a movie together sometime." Sandy said.

"Oh, um..I guess." SpongeBob said.

"Great, it's a date!" Sandy said.

"You know what, I can't. I don't want to lead you on, Sandy." SpongeBob.

"But, it's been over a month since you and Linda broke up! I just thought that maybe you'd be ready..." Sandy started.

"-READY FOR WHAT? Sandy, I'm sorry if I lead you to believe I wanted to start dating you!" SpongeBob said.

"So you don't have ANY feelings for me?" Sandy questioned.

"I- " SpongeBob started, but was interrupted by Shin entering.

"Hey, Shin...we talked with your mother." SpongeBob stated.

"She said something about dark energy coming from Left Shore when we were gone." Sandy said.

"Didn't we stop Shadowlord there a year ago? What the heck is up now?" Shin asked.

"I don't know, but I'll do some digging for sure." SpongeBob said.

May 12 2014 11:03AM The HQ

Pearl entered the lounge of the HQ.

"Oh, good morning Pearl." Shin said, watching the news.

"The news? You're such an old person, Shin." Pearl joked, sipping a glass of orange juice.

"You should watch. Apparently, Mayor Julian Jules was kidnapped last night at a Social Party." Shin told her.

"In Bikini Bottom?" Pearl said, spitting juice back into her glass.

"Yup." Shin confirmed.

"Social Media is buzzing about it." Sandy said, walking in with a cup of coffee in one hand and a phone in the other.

"Hey, Shin..there's something I need your help with." Sandy said, sitting next to him on the couch.

"Sorry, what?" Shin said, muting the TV.

"I need you to come with me to the Mainland Prison House." Sandy asked.

"What? Why?" Shin was confused.

"I need to see those crooks who killed those kids. I NEED to hear it from their lips." Sandy said.

"You didn't even know them." Shin said.

"Which makes this all the more disappointing that none of YOU GUYS are trying to do the same." Sandy said with a serious tone in her voice.

"Fine. You're right. All this has been a little weird. We'll go later this evening." Shin said.

"Well, I'm gonna go call my dad. I want to see if he knows anything about last night in Bikini Bottom." Pearl said, leaving.

"Unless her father got invited to that Social Party, I doubt he'd know anything." Sandy said to Shin, rolling her eyes.

May 12, 2014 6:23AM Mainland Prison House

Shin and Sandy walked up the steps of the Mainland Prison House. It was huge building, and it had just undergone some new renovations.

"So, Shin...do you think SpongeBob is over Linda?" Sandy asked.

"Why would you care?" Shin asked.

"I like him." Sandy told Shin.

"Well, you and SpongeBob did Linda wrong...and Patrick." Shin argued.

"Cheating on Linda and Patrick wasn't something me and SpongeBob wanted to do." Sandy argued back.

"Let's just get this over with." Shin said, as both of them entered the Prison House.

After talking over with the officer, Shin and Sandy got to see a prisoner, Juan Remeres.

The officers handcuffed him to a table in a private room.

Shin and Sandy soon entered.

"Mr. Remeres, do you know who we are?" Sandy asked,

"Sure, you're Team SpongeBob members." the man said, sporting a tattoo over his eye.

"So you're here for participating in killing off four members of team. Our secondary squad." Shin said.

"Yup." Juan admitted.

"How could you be so chill about it? Do you really have no heart?" Shin asked.

"Not in the slightest." Juan put his head down.

"I saw your trial on TV. You didn't even try to get out of the charges..neither did your accomplices!" Sandy edged.

"Well, jail's better than the alternative." Juan quickly muffled under his breath.

"What? Excuse me?" Sandy asked.

"Nothing. I ain't say nothing!" Juan refuted.

"You said jail's better than the alternative...what's the alternative?" Sandy asked.

Juan didn't budge.

"You're lying about killing our friends." Shin could tell.

"NO, I'M NOT!" Juan got loud.

Shin casted a truth spell on him.

"Tell me, did you and your accomplices kill our friends?" Shin asked.

Under the truth spell, Juan started to speak.

"We did not kill your friends. We were blackmailed into taking the charges by a woman who committed the felony. She said if we didn't take the charges, she'd feed us to her master!" Juan revealed. "NOOO." Juan said, coming from under the influence of the spell.

"Oh my Neptune!" Shin said, in shock.

"Shin! What is it?" Sandy asked.

"He didn't kill those kids." Shin said.

"Well obviously!" Sandy said.

"No, what I mean is...this woman who blackmailed them..." Shin started.

"Oh no.." Sandy realized.

"My mother, Azarah. She committed murder." Shin divulged.

• Like 1

Team SpongeBob - Season 8.5: The Dark Jewel

Ep.125 "Jewels"

May 13, 2014 4:20PM The HQ

Azarah was invited to the HQ again, greeted by Shin upon entering.

"I'm glad you could show." Shin said, forcing a smile.

"I'd do anything for my only son." Azarah smiled.

Heading into the Mission Room, Azarah turned to Shin.

"What's this mission that you can't get done without me?" she asked.

"The truth." Shin's eyes intensified and his voice darkened.

"Oh no.." Azarah realized what Shin really wanted her over for.

Before she could use magic to transport, SpongeBob used his super speed and jammed a needle into her arm.

"OUCH!" Azarah shrieked.

"What..is..go-ing onnnn." Azarah slurred, falling out onto the floor.

Upon awakening, Azarah found herself tied to a chair.

All six Team SpongeBob members circled around her.

"Your powers have been cancelled out by a serum of my own making." Shin told her

"..temporarily...my energy will flow again." Azarah grinned evily.

"Not anytime soon, so you're gonna tell us why you killed our friends, why you set other people up for it, and who your master is." SpongeBob said.

"How'd you find out?" Azarah asked.

"Me and Sandy went to the Prison House. Talked with one of those guys." Shin said.

"Hmm, which one? Left Hand Lucie? Oh no, it must of been loose lips Carlos." Azarah joked.

"It doesn't matter, but you better start talking. You're working with dad, aren't you?" Shin asked.

"I didn't have a choice." Azarah said.

Shin's face swelled up.

Sandy patted his arm.

"What do you mean you didn't have a choice?" Pearl asked.

"There's always a choice." Linda said.

"You, Linda, of all people...know that sometimes there IS NOT." Azarah yelled.

"What do you mean? Why didn't you have a choice? Cause I'm getting confused." Patrick asked.

"Conquess managed to possess Aria, Shin's sister. If I didn't help him, he'd have killed her from the inside. I did what I had to do not to lose my daughter. I helped free him from his dimensional prison. That's the truth." Azarah said.

"...but you're still helping him!" Shin said. "When the kids got too close to the truth, you killed them off!" Shin guessed.

"Yes. I did." Azarah admitted.

The team tried hard to hold back tears.

"Guys, load up the jet, we're heading to Left Shore." SpongeBob said.

"Conquess is long gone from Left Shore, and he took the Dark Jewel with him." Azarah revealed. "Oh goodie, my energy is replenished." Azarah said, with her powers coming back.

In a flash, she transported herself out of captivity.

"UGH!" Shin screamed, destroying the chair with dark energy.

May 14, 2014 3:00PM Left Shore, Mayor King's House

Mayor King was signing papers in his officer when he was interrupted by a serviceman.

"Mayor, Team SpongeBob just pulled up in their Jet. They're here to talk with you." he told King.

"Send them in." King said, taking off his reading glasses.

Minutes later, Team SpongeBob flurried in.

"Mayor King, it's our pleasure to be here again." SpongeBob said.

"-No, it's my pleasure to be in your presence again. I'll never forget what you did for my island." the Mayor thanked them.

"That's why we're here sir. A few months ago, a strange dark energy pulse was coming from your city." Shin informed him.

"We know. It stopped." Mayor King said.

"Do you think it could of been the Dark Jewel?" Sandy asked.

"How do you all know about that? Those jewels are very classified and old information- " Mayor King started.

"-Wait, there are more?" Pearl interjected.

The Mayor sighed. "Yes, they are called the Divine Jewels. The Dark Jewel is one of them."

"We have reason to believe that Conquess possesses it!" Shin said.

"Oh no! If he does, you must retrieve it immediately! Have you told King Neptune?" Mayor King asked.

"No, not yet, we wanted to check it out for ourselves!" SpongeBob said.

"King Neptune has to be informed!" Mayor King's face was terrified.

May 14, 2014 7:40PM The HQ Living Room

SpongeBob approached Patrick on the couch.

"Hey um, you missed the meeting we had." SpongeBob told him.

"Sorry, I got really into this new show." Patrick said, glued to the TV.

"Well, umm, we had a video chat with Neptune. Told him everything. He's sending word to Queen Amphitrite in Atlantis, just so she can be aware of everything." SpongeBob divulged.

"Yeah.." Patrick said.

"Pat..when are things gonna stop being awkward between us." SpongeBob asked.

"I don't know, when you go back in time and stop yourself from kissing my girlfriend." Patrick said.

"It was wrong, but it was a mistake that happened months ago!" SpongeBob said.

"Yeah, I don't really care. It was betrayal, by both of you. I'm not too smart, but I know what betrayal is." Patrick voiced.

"But you don't seem to know what forgiveness is, do you?" SpongeBob asked.

"Whatever, I could care less about how you feel." Patrick stated.

SpongeBob walked away in frustration.

May 14, 2015 7:55AM Aero's Gym

SpongeBob and Pearl were at Aeros Gym for a morning exercise.

As his spotter, Pearl held the punching bag as SpongeBob let his frustration out

"..HE WON'T EVEN FORGIVE ME! SOME OLD FRIEND HE IS!" SpongeBob kept punching.

"Well, some old friend you are! I mean, you kissed his girl!" Pearl replied.

"And then this Dark Jewel problem, I mean what do villains do all day. Sit back and think about the most awful thing to try to do to the universe?" SpongeBob questioned humorously.

"I..don't...know" Pearl said, struggling with the punching bag as SpongeBob began using his super speed to hit the bag intensly.

"OKAY! You know what, this is starting to...hurt. Come sit with me." Pearl gestured.

"What do you want?" SpongeBob asked.

"For you to not think about stuff anymore. You'll kill yourself with all this stress!" Pearl said.

"Would that be a bad thing?" SpongeBob asked.

Pearl rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I should of came here alone and let out my issues." SpongeBob said.

"Nooo, I am happy to help, but you need to listen!" Pearl stated.

"Okay, what?" SpongeBob asked.

"Calm down." Pearl smiled.

May 14, 2014 9:10AM The HQ

Shin was in the Mission Room, when the monitor started going off.

"What could this mean?" Shin asked, approaching the screen.

Linda came in, questioning what was happening.

"Shin, is everything okay?" Linda asked.

"Well, our tracking system picked up...Conquess." Shin said, gulping.

TO.BE.CONTINUED.

Team SpongeBob - Season 8.5: The Dark Jewel Saga

Ep.126 "Psyche"

The members of Team SpongeBob took the S-Jet and headed off to Left Shore, the place where their tracking system detected Conquess.

"We'll be there shortly." Shin said, piloting.

"Are you ready to face your father again?" Sandy asked.

"I have no choice." Shin said.

"Well, we're all doing this together, so...no need to be worried." Sandy said, flashing him a smile. Of course Shin was too focuesed to pay attention.

"Uh, guys..this whole Conquess thing is a little weird to be honest. I mean, we took him down...hard. Shin straight up vanquished him. It just doesn't add up that he's back." Linda stated.

"More impossible things have happened." SpongeBob said.

"..like you kissing up on another woman." Linda whispered.

SpongeBob's face did a 180. "What?" he asked in anger.

"Ya know what, Linda? I have tried not saying anything to you over the last few months...mostly to not start more crap. But I can't take you crapping on SpongeBob anymore! And the same goes for you, Patrick!" Sandy spoke up.

"Please don't factor me into this." Patrick stated.

"I don't want to be reminded of the hurt either, but it's there! And it's rifted our team!" Sandy declared.

"SpongeBob, please quiet your mistress." Linda boldly stated.

With that, Sandy unbuckled her belt and tried to jump at Linda. 

"GUYS!" Shin yelled.

Pearl reached over and yanked Sandy by her tail.

"WE'RE FLYING. So unless you want Shin to crash this jet with all of us on it, I'd suggest you guys relax." Pearl yelled.

"I'm sorry, Linda." Sandy rolled her eyes.

"If you ever touch me again, I'll roll your eyes for you!" Linda snarked.

SpongeBob facepalmed.

"We're here.." Shin spoke.

The team had arrived at the Mystic Caves of Left Shore, the spot that the surge came from.

"I'll take a group into the cave with me." SpongeBob said.

"Well, I'll be on that group." Shin said.

"No, you won't." SpongeBob told him.

"Excuse me?" Shin asked.

"Shin, your father literally feeds off of you. Taking you in will probably escalate whatever we may encounter." SpongeBob made clear.

"But you guys NEED me. I mean, I'm the only one who can truly take down Conquess." Shin stated.

"...If things come to that point." SpongeBob said.

"Things HAVE to come to that point!" Shin said.

"Shin, you may be co-leader, but I gave you an ORDER. Respect it!" SpongeBob sternly said.

"Fine.." Shin agreed.

"I'll be taking Sandy and Linda." SpongeBob stated.

"What? Are you serious?" Linda asked in anger.

"Dead." SpongeBob retorted.

"Why put us together?" Sandy asked.

"You guys seem ready to fight...so instead of doing it to each other, how about do it to whatever or whoever is in the caves?" SpongeBob explained.

"Okay then." Sandy said.

"Patrick, I'll need you to. Pearl, you stay here with Shin." SpongeBob ordered.

"Why do I have to stay?" Pearl asked.

"Why is everything a question today?!?" SpongeBob started. "Pearl, you've never faced Conquess, so we can't risk having your noobness, so to speak, on the mission." 

"Alright, I see." Pearl said.

"Guys, remember to be careful in there. Mystic Caves has historically been noted as a place that can alter feelings and moods. Althought it hasn't been scientifically proven." Shin warned.

"Noted." SpongeBob said, leading his team out of the S-Jet and into the caves.

Upon entering, they noted the darkness and gloominess of the place. 

Dirty water engulfed their feet. There were paintings of strange things covering the walls.

"I don't like this place." Linda said.

"I heard it used to be a real wonder back a few decades ago." Sandy mentioned.

"Well, Conquess has engulfed it, so of course it's all changed." SpongeBob said.

The four came across a four-way divide in the cave.

"There's four separate pathways now." Patrick noted.

"This is more like a labyrinth." SpongeBob said.

"We'll each take a pathway." Linda suggested.

"Yeah. Any sign of trouble, you guys beep your headset communicators and we'll all converge to where you are." SpongeBob told them.

The four took off into their own pathways.

As SpongBob went down his, he got a strange shiver in his body.

"Chilly.." he muttered.

Pretty soon after, he felt a strange aura. The aura felt as if it had entered his mind. He felt very lucid and dazed.

"Get it together, 'Bob." SpongeBob said, rubbing his eyes.

Upon opening his peekers, he saw...Squidward.

"Squid...?" SpongeBob said in confusion.

---------------------

Back on the S-Jet, Pearl stroke up a concern with Shin.

"They've been in there kinda long." Pearl said.

"Not really.." Shin said.

"I mean, don't you think they should of found Conquess by now, and if not, shouldn't they have come out?" Pearl asked.

"I think your just being nervy." Shin said.

"I don't get nervy. At least about anything other than my father." Pearl mentioned.

"I thought you and Mr. Krabs rebuilt your relationship?" Shin asked.

"We did..and we talk a few days out the week over the phone. It's just that, things are still a work in progress. I try to keep from saying things that will ruin what we're trying to build back up." Pearl stated.

"Well at least you're on speaking terms with your old man. I vanquished my dad into a dimensional jail after he attempted to kill me. So, you definitely have the better deal." Shin laughed.

"I guess. And hey, I'm sorry about your father. He seems really crappy." Pearl said.

"Yeah and for your sake, I hope you never get to meet him." Shin said as his eyes trailed down.

-----------------------

Inside the cave, Sandy was exploring her pathway.

In the shadows, a woman lurked behind Sandy.

"Who's there?" Sandy thought she heard someone. 

Not seeing anyone, Sandy kept walking.

The mysterious woman released dark energy that took a hold of Sandy.

Frozen in her foot tracks, Sandy felt paralyzed as an energy crawled within her and took hold of all of her senses. Suddenly she could see a flashback of herself.

The night she died after shielding the island, with her own body.

"What..?" Sandy said, as her heart started to pound. She watched as her body was shattered and disintegrated.

"..no.." Sandy said, crouching down in fear.

-------------------------

As Patrick explored his own pathway, he came across a room containing ancient books.

"Wow..did Conquess build a study in here..or...." Patrick said, very curious about the room.

Walking in, he noticed a recently burned out candle on a desk.

"Someone's else is inside the cave." Patrick said to himself. "But is it Conquess?" he asked himself.

Looking at the few books inside the room, they all related to a mysterious group of large jewels. 

Among them, Patrick noticed the Dark Jewel.

"This could be big.." Patrick said to himself.

-------------------------------

Linda kept treading down her own path, but got tired out. 

"There's nothing..." Linda said.

Suddenly, Linda felt a chiver. Soon enough, the same darkness took over her mind as it did to SpongeBob and Sandy.

Paralyzed for what seemed like forever, Linda could finally blink. Opening her eyes, she saw Sandy and SpongeBob...kissing.

"SpongeBob?" Linda asked.

SpongeBob's entire tongue was shoved down Sandy's neck. 

"GUYS!" Linda yelled as she was reminded of the hurt she felt after discovering SpongeBob's betrayal with Sandy.

"Stop it. Stop." Linda's face clenched up.

Letting go of her willpower, tears streamed down her face and she backed herself against the dirty cave wall.

------------------------------

"Squidward! Is it really you?" SpongeBob asked, in shock.

"Of course it is. No thanks to you." Squidward said.

"This isn't possible..." SpongeBob said.

"Why? Because you left me to die! To stay imprisoned in crystal!?" Squidward yelled.

"Squidward!..I...I did all I could. Me and the team did all we could to reverse the effect that kept you imprisoned in crystal. We just couldn't figure it out." SpongeBob told him.

"NO, you were selfish! Only cared about yourself! Just like when you convinced me to come to Karate Island in the first place!" Squidward replied.

"You're right, and I can't take that back!" SpongeBob said, with tears starting to pour down his cheeks.

"You'll always be a selfish person. Kissing your best friend's girlfriend? Might be top of the list." Squidward said.

"Wait...how do you know about that?" SpongeBob asked.

Back in the S-Jet, Shin began to share Pearl's worry.

"You know, Pearl...I'm starting to get suspicious too." Shin voiced to her.

"I told you something was off." Pearl expressed.

"Come on, we're going in." Shin said.

The both of them headed into the Mystic Caves.

The gloominess of it instantly made them feel weird.

As they came upon the four-way divergence, Shin could feel a strange aura trying to sneak into him.

"Someone's here!" Shin said, shooting his dark energy into the shadows.

"ooof!" the shadowed woman was hit.

"REVEAL YOURSELF!" Shin said.

Pearl held up her bow and arrow.

Out of the shadows, Aria stepped out.

"Shin! It's your sister!" Pearl blurted out.

"Aria!? What the heck are you doing here?" Shin asked.

"It's a free world, I can be anywhere I want." Aria said.

"You're working for dad." Shin said.

"Believe what you want." Aria said.

In a flick of a wrist, she blasted out dark energy towards Shin and Pearl.

Shin constructed a small barrier.

Pearl shot back at Aria with an arrow.

Aria was able to stop the motion of the arrow.

"It wasn't meant to hit you, sweetie." Pearl smirked.

"What?" Aria asked, as the arrow exploded and released a knockout gas.

Shin and Pearl held their breath, as Aria was knocked out from the gas.

"Alright, we need to get the team out." Shin said, once the gas had subsided.

-----------------------------------

Deeper into the cave, SpongeBob's hallucination of Squidward had faded.

"...What?" SpongeBob was confused.

Linda opened her eyes to see that her hallucination had disappeared.

"Was I dreaming???" Linda asked to herself.

Sandy felt the darkness that had plagued her mind, had been vanquished.

Opening her eyes, she was no longer engulfed by the flashback of her death.

------------------------------------

Minutes later, after the team all regrouped, they boarded the S-Jet.

Shin tied his unconcious sister up to a chair on the jet.

"So,..what happened in there?" Pearl asked.

"She must of used her magical abilities to manipulate the darkness inside me, Sandy, and Linda." SpongeBob said.

"How could she play with someone's mind like that." Linda teared.

SpongeBob tried to comfort her, but she nudged him away.

"Guys! Enough of this!" Sandy said.

"Aria was able to hurt us from the inside, because of all the dysfunction that has overridden this team and our thoughts for the past few months." Sandy said.

"You're right.." SpongeBob agreed.

Sandy turned to Linda. "Me and SpongeBob kissed. He cheated on you and I cheated on Patrick in that moment. You were mad for a long time, and so was Patrick. And so were me and SpongeBob - at ourselves. But now we all need to move on, and accept that what happened...happened." Sandy told her.

Linda thought to herself for a while. "Okay..I'm going to let it go." Linda spoke softly, with tears erupting from her eyes.

"Patrick?" Sandy turned to him.

"I forgive you. And SpongeBob." Patrick smiled at both Sandy and SpongeBob.

"WHAT IS THIS? WHAT'S GOING ON?" Aria asked, waking up.

"Oh, nice of you to join us, witch." Pearl said.

"Aria, if you even think of trying to escape, I'll spend my life trying to hunt you down and kill you." Shin told her in the harshest voice possible.

"What do you want to know, Shin?" Aria asked.

"What?" Shin asked.

"The only reason you kept me alive is because you want to know something." Aria said.

"Well, you wouldn't be wrong." Shin said.

"So what is it?" Aria asked.

"Where's Conquess?" Shin asked her.

"He should be in his dimensional prison." Aria said, smiling.

"He escaped. You must know that." SpongeBob said.

"Oh no, he's still there. The story our mother, Azarah, told you was bullcrap." Aria said.

"What?" Shin questioned, with the rest of the team looking at eachother.

"Conquess never escaped. Azarah just said that to cover up the fact that her own self." Aria revealed.

"Wait, are you saying that mother lied?! This can't be true! Our tracking system picked up Conquess here in Left Shore." Shin said.

"Mother's powers have increased exponentially. She's now as strong as Conquess was. It's because she has possession of the Dark Jewel." Aria revealed.

"So that's what really happened. Azarah killed our secondary troop because they found that surge of energy coming from Left Shore. Azarah knew it was the Dark Jewel, so she murdered them and plotted to obtain it for herself." SpongeBob theorized.

"You guys coming here was supposed to be a trap. I was supposed to keep you occupied while Azarah uses the jewel to capture the Universal Guardian." Aria told them.

"Azarah's going after Debbie?!" Pearl asked in shock.

The rest of the team gasped.

"She should have her by now." Aria smiled.

"Aria, why are finding such joy in this? Our mother is possibly planning to destroy the entire universe! How could you LIVE with yourself if you end up helping her do just that?!?" Shin asked.

"I have nothing left in this world. But maybe I'll find purpose in the new world that our mother wants to erect." Aria said.

"From the death of everyone in the old world?! You can't possiblty think that's okay." Shin said. 

"I do." Aria creepily muttered.

Shin shed a tear.

"Shin, we need to take off. We have to stop Azarah from capturing Debbie, if we're not already too late." Sandy said.

"Okay. I'll take the wheel. Everyone in their seats!" Shin commanded.

"So I'm just gonna be kept a hostage? Tied to this chair forever?" Aria asked.

"No. You'll be tied up in our base, once we get back to Mainland." SpongeBob snickered.

With that, the S-Jet took of, on course back to Mainland.

Ep.127 "Power" 

Team SpongeBob had made it back to Mainland.

In camourflauge mode, Shin drove the S-Jet to the Karate Island Superpowered Institution.

"Didn't Debbie's parents make her leave the island? Maybe she's not at the institution?" Sandy asked.

"I talked to Debbie yesterday. Her parents left, but allowed Debbie to stay at the institution." Shin revealed.

"What if your mother is already inside?" SpongeBob asked. 

"She likely is. I'll take a squad in to go find Debbie." Shin said.

Shin took Sandy, SpongeBob, and Patrick.

Linda and Pearl stayed behind to watch Aria, who was still tied up on their ship.

"Is she sleeping?" Linda asked.

"MMMMF MMFFF" Aria muffled, with her mouth gagged.

"Sorry, Aria. It's the only way to prevent you from saying a spell to escape." Pearl said, smirking.

Inside the institution, Shin, SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy came across the headmaster.

"Team SpongeBob, what are you all doing here?" Headmaster Synth asked.

"Synth, we think one of your students may be in trouble." SpongeBob told her.

"Nonsense. This is a perfectly safe academy. None of the kids here are prone to bad behavior. At any rate, there are only a hundred of them here, so it's very small and intimate. I would know if there was trouble." Synth replied.

All of a sudden, sharp screams were heard from the upper level of the institution.

The members of Team SpongeBob looked at Synth.

"Okay..maybe I wouldn't know." Synth said, flustered.

The team, Synth, and security detail split up in search of the commotion.

Shin, SpongeBob, Sandy, and Patrick arrived at the third floor.

"Oh my Neptune!" Sandy said.

Three dead teenaged girls laid on the floor.

"She's definitely on this floor. Split up and search!" SpongeBob commanded.

SpongeBob and Shin took the left side of the third floor. Soon enough, they came across a shadowed figure.

Coming out of a dark corner, Shin's mother, Azarah, appeared.

"Mother, I know what you're up to." Shin said.

"If that's true, you should know what kind of power I now wield." Azarah said, motioning to the amulet around her neck.

The amulet had the dark jewel in the centerpiece.

"With this, I am infinitely more powerful than you, my son." Azarah said.

"I don't doubt that, but WHY...why do all this?" Shin asked.

"Karate Island has lost it's way. This entire world has lost it's way. You know why? Because the leaders are weak. King Neptune is nothing more than a figure head, The White Queen had mixed goals and died for them." Azarah said.

"The White Queen died because she realized her evil almost ruined the island. It'll be the same story with you." SpongeBob called out.

"No, it won't. I will transform this entire world into one that I see fitting. If Team SpongeBob stands in my way, you will sorely regret it." Azarah threatened.

With that, Shin blasted dark magic at Azarah.

Azarah absorbed the blast and shot back a powerful wave of energy that pushed Shin and SpongeBob back.

As the two got back up, they saw that Azarah had disappeared.

Suddenly, Sandy came running their way.

"We found Debbie. Patrick took her to the S-Jet." Sandy announced.

"We just had a run in with my mother." Shin told her.

"And?" Sandy asked.

"She's more powerful than I am." Shin revealed.

"So she does have the jewel?" Sandy questioned.

"Yes." SpongeBob confirmed.

Team SpongeBob HQ

Shin arrived in the mission room.

"Shin, did you put Aria in our lock up?" Sandy asked.

"Yes, she's there." Shin said.

"Good. We'll need her to talk soon enough." SpongeBob said.

Debbie came into the room.

"Hey, did you get a snack out of the kitchen?" SpongeBob asked.

"Don't treat me like a baby! Three of my friends died today! Now you guys need to tell me why!" Debbie shouted.

"I told you, my mother is after you. That's why we brought you here to the HQ. We're gonna protect you." Shin said.

"Why is she after me?" Debbie asked.

"You're probably the only person who can stop her now that she has the dark jewel." SpongeBob said.

"What's that?" Debbie asked.

"We're still sorting through all of this, ourselves." SpongeBob made clear.

"Fine. Don't tell me anything." Debbie said.

"We won't. But she will." Shin said.

Suddenly, Ms. Rossfield appeared behind Debbie.

"Hello child. I'm Ms. Rossfield." she introduced herself.

"Ms. Rossfield is a friend of ours. She's very informative. That's why we called her." Shin said.

"I admit, I was worried when you guys called me. The fact that the Divine Jewels are resurfacing is a problem." Ms. Rossfield said.

"We need to know more about them, and soon." Pearl said.

"And as the Universal Guardian, I think I should know a thing or two about them." Debbie said.

"The Divine Jewels predate the existence of the entire universe. When the universe began, power was split into four jewels. The Dark Jewel, The Infinity Jewel, The Time Jewel, and The Power Jewel. The power of these jewels were split between ancient sorcerers, but eventually there was a power struggle. One sorcerer wanted all the power for himself, which caused a war over the jewels. A female sorcerer, named Adeline, hid the jewels across the ocean. She never told where she hid them, and was killed for her good deed." Ms. Rossfield explained.

"Wow, we never knew anything about these jewels. But nonetheless, one has been found." Shin said.

"Which is a very bad thing. The power of one jewel is enough to tear down half the world. The power of all four would grant ultimate control over the entire universe." Ms. Rossfield established.

"I'm surprised that none of the Universal Guardians have ever found the jewels." Debbie said

"Maybe some of them have...but saw it best that the jewels never be exposed to the world again." Ms. Rossfield said.

"Pandora's box has been opened already. Now we have to deal with the leakage." SpongeBob face palmed.

--------------------------------------------

Later on, at night, SpongeBob check in at the HQ Lock-up.

"Oh no.." SpongeBob said, ringing an alarm.

All of the members of Team SpongeBob were awoken by the sharp ringing of the alarm.

In the meeting room, the members gathered.

"SpongeBob, what is this all about?" Pearl questioned.

"Yeah, I needed my sleep!" Sandy said.

"Guys, Aria's escaped containment." SpongeBob revealed.

"What? No, that can't be." Sandy said.

"Are you sure, Sponge?" Patrick asked.

"You can check for yourselves. Now our only lead to Azarah is gone." SpongeBob said, angrily.

Shin gulped, backing away from the team.

"I just hope she isn't still around the HQ. We'll do a sweep of the base." Linda said, as the members spread out.

"Shin, you coming?" SpongeBob asked, running out of the door.

"Yeah.., I'm coming." Shin said

• Like 1

Ep.128 "Shame"

Team SpongeBob HQ, Mission Room

The following morning after Aria's disappearance from containment, the members of Team SpongeBob recieved a visit from King Neptune.

"Lovely to have you, sir." SpongeBob said, as Neptune walked into their mission room.

"I wish I was here on a friendly call." Neptune lamented.

"We know why you're here." Sandy said.

"Three students died yesterday at your fancy new 'super-powered institution'. This incident has struck a chord with every citizen in Mainland. Many are calling for the school to be shut down. And you're facing massive lawsuits." Neptune informed them.

"This isn't fair." Shin said.

"I agree, this wasn't our faults." Pearl said.

"Sir, Shin's mother, Azarah, is in possession of a Divine Jewel." SpongeBob revealed.

"I knew I'd live to see the day those things resurfaced." Neptune said.

"She was at that institute to kill Debbie. The Universal Guardian." Pearl said.

"It doesn't matter at this rate. The fact is, the public is becoming increasingly aware of the chaos this team attracts." Neptune spoke.

"Okay, I'm not the smartest bulb, but I think I can clarify that our team repels danger - not attract." Patrick interjected.

"Where is Debbie now?" Neptune asked.

"She's sleeping." Sandy said.

"-No, I'm not." Debbie voiced, walking into the room.

"Debbie, are you alright?" Shin asked.

"I'm fine." Debbie said.

"She will be. Once you hand her over to me." Neptune said.

"We'll do no such thing. We're protecting her." SpongeBob said.

"The first thing Azarah will do is come after Debbie, to prevent her from being able to reverse the power of whichever Divine Jewel she's in possession of." Neptune said.

"Azarah won't approach our base. We have taken care of every security measure." SpongeBob said.

"...Maybe he's right." Shin said, surprisingly.

"..Shin? What?" SpongeBob asked.

"Sir, last night, a dangerous prisoner we had here managed to escape. We don't have the tight security we think we have. She would be safer at the Palace with you and your royal guards." Shin said.

"Shin, why are you agreeing to hand me away?" Debbie asked.

"Because for once, I'm gonna do what's right." Shin said, angrily.

Shin took off, out of the Mission Room.

"What's gotten into him?" Pearl asked.

"Anyway, if you guys let a dangerous criminal escape, I'm seriously beginning to question how well you can protect the Universal Guardian-in Training." Neptune said.

"Fine. I agree." SpongeBob caved in.

"Debbie, it'll only be until we neutralize Azarah." Pearl said, giving her a hug.

"Okay. I can deal." Debbie said.

"Speaking of Azarah, I'll be getting the island military involved. I also want you guys on the hunt." Neptune ordered.

"Yes sir." SpongeBob said.

"May I escort you out, your highness?" Patrick asked.

"Yes, please." Neptune said, as he and Patrick exited, with Debbie following.

"Well that was intense." Sandy said.

"You're telling me." SpongeBob said.

Suddenly, Linda got a phone call.

"I have to take this." Linda said, exiting as well.

"Alright, Sandy, I want you and Pearl in the Tech room. Search for any power surges coming from any part of the island." SpongeBob said.

"On it." Sandy said, as she and Pearl left.

---------

Team SpongeBob HQ, The Living Room

As SpongeBob walked into the living room, he heard Linda crying.

"Linda, are you okay?" SpongeBob asked.

"I'm fine." Linda said.

"Come on, we were in relationship for over two years. I know when you're upset." SpongeBob said.

"I.. got a call from my parents." Linda said.

"You never talk about them." SpongeBob said.

"I told you before, they resented me and my sister, Glinda, because we had powers. Our childhood was full of them trying to suppress what came natural to us." Linda told him.

"That's awful.. but, what did they want? They never usually reach out." SpongeBob said.

"They want to talk to me. Settle the beef. Mend what's broken." Linda said.

"Are you sure that you want to?" SpongeBob asked.

"I think that it's a long time coming. I could.. use a friend though." Linda said.

SpongeBob's heart warmed.

"I'd be happy to tag along." SpongeBob smiled.

"Thank you." Linda said, hugging him.

Sandy witnessed the hug upon walking into the living room.

SpongeBob and Linda quickly let go of each other.

"I.. didn't mean to interrupt." Sandy said.

"You weren't interrupting anything." Linda said.

"Linda, what time did your parents want to talk to you?" SpongeBob asked.

"They asked to meet now.." Linda said.

"Oh, yeah, totally,... go see your folks while the rest of us figure out a way to defeat evil." Sandy snarked.

"Sandy.. didn't I put you on an assignment with Pearl?" SpongeBob asked.

"Yes." Sandy said, leaving.

"Sorry about that.." SpongeBob said.

"No worries. I'm used to Sandy's barbs by now." Linda said, putting up a smile.

--------

Shin's Bedroom

Deciding to take a nap, Shin got into his bed.

After a few minutes, he began hearing sounds in his sleep.

"You know what you did. You know what you did." the voices grew louder.

Shin tossed and turned in bed.

Suddenly, he jumped out of his sleep, screaming the word 'NO!'.

"SHIN!" Sandy said, rushing into his room.

"I'm sorry. I had no idea I was loud." Shin said.

"Loud enough for me to hear you from the hallway." Sandy said, sitting on the side of Shin's bed.

Sandy looked at Shin.

"What's wrong? First you had that blowout in the Mission Room, then you wake up screaming after a nap." Sandy asked, concerned.

"I get your concern, but it's very misplaced. I'm fine. Just woke up on the wrong side of the pillow." Shin said.

"I don't know.., you haven't quite been you today." Sandy said.

"Can we talk about something else?" Shin begged.

"Okay. We can talk about Linda's obvious attempts to try and get SpongeBob back in her arms." Sandy said.

"What?" Shin asked.

"Linda and SpongeBob are taking 'personal time' off from saving the island, all to 'go see' Linda's parents. Ya know, I bet it's a farce. Linda just set this all up so she can get SpongeBob for herself!" Sandy said.

"Her and SpongeBob had a strong relationship. Those feelings don't just change because they broke up a few months ago. I'm sure Linda's problem is real, and SpongeBob's just being a good friend by helping her." Shin voiced.

"I guess.." Sandy said.

"Now. Please, leave me be. I'm gonna try and take this nap again." Shin said.

"Alright. Don't let the bad dreams bite." Sandy joked, leaving out.

---------

Outskirts of Mainland, Karate Island, Clamsdale

SpongeBob and Linda had driven to a desolate house on the outskirts of Mainland.

"This your parents' place?" SpongeBob asked, getting out of the car.

"Indeed." Linda said.

Suddenly, Linda tried to turn back.

SpongeBob pushed her forward, and held her hand.

"You can do this." SpongeBob said.

"Aright." Linda said, as they walked to the door together.

Knocking, Linda saw her father open the door.

"Linda. Come in." her father said.

As SpongeBob and Linda entered the living room, Linda's parents brought tea.

"Hello, my daughter." Linda's mother greeted them.

"It's nice to finally meet the two of you." SpongeBob said.

"I'm Tina, and this is my husband, Sam." Tina introduced herself to SpongeBob.

"I brought SpongeBob here for morale support." Linda said.

"Linda, this is just a talk with your parents...not a therapy session." Sam stated.

"That's how it's gonna feel." Linda said.

"Linda, we know that your Team SpongeBob activities take precedence, but we just want to be apart of you life again. Losing Glinda really put things in perspective for us." Tina said.

"It took for my twin sister to die, for you two to finally want a relationship with me again?" Linda asked.

"You were a grown woman. We never wanted to pressure you." Sam stated.

"But you pressured me my whole childhood. To be 'normal'. To hold my powers 'in'." Linda spoke.

"We wanted the best for you and Glinda when you were children. All those years ago, the idea of these extraordinary powers were the stuff of myths. Now we're living in an age where demons come from dark dimensions, and a small percentage of the island is infected with strange abilities." Tina discussed.

"Infected?" Linda question.

"Well, yes. I see no better word." Tina said.

"Honey, please.." Sam said, trying to rest her.

"When I look at the two of you, all I feel is shame. Shame about myself, and who I am. I'm not gonna do it anymore." Linda said.

"So you're refusing to let us back into your life?" Tina asked.

"Yes, mother." Linda stated, boldly.

Tina's face became filled with emotion.

"Look what you're doing to your mother." Sam said.

"Excuse me, but look at what the two of you have done to Linda. Obviously, you went wrong somewhere if she never wants to see your faces again." SpongeBob intruded.

"You have no place in this, boy.." Sam said, standing up.

SpongeBob and Linda stood up.

"..And neither do I. Goodbye." Linda said, walking out.

SpongeBob followed after Linda.

Tina went into a fit of hysterical crying.

As Linda and SpongeBob walked back to the car, SpongeBob put his arm around her.

"So it didn't go how you wanted...but maybe that's good in a way. You got to see that your parents haven't changed." SpongeBob said.

"..The sad part is, this is exactly what I was expecting." Linda said.

Linda and SpongeBob both finally got into the car, and drove off.

---------

Neptune's Palace, Debbie's Room

"Knock, knock." Shin said, playfully.

"Shin! Come in." Debbie said, pulling Shin into the Palace guest room.

"At least you're in a better room than the one at the HQ." Shin said.

Debbie had a pink set-up. Pink rug, pink comforter, and even pink furniture.

"..This room actually belonged to his son as a child. Can you believe?" Debbie said, excitedly.

"..Well, it certainly breaks gender norms. So, that's cool." Shin said, with a lack of passion.

"Is everything alright, Shin?" Debbie asked.

"Yeah. I know it's late, but I came to see how you were settling in at the Palace." Shin said.

"No, not about me. About you." Debbie said.

"What do you mean?" Shin asked.

"Shin, I have empathic telepathy. I can read your emotions by the natural energy your auras release." Debbie stated.

"Debbie, I'm fine." Shin said, close to tears.

Debbie touched Shin's chest.

"Wow..I'm definitely getting some bad vibes." Debbie said.

Shin pushed her off.

"You're feeling guilt... and shame." Debbie said.

"Get out of my emotions..or I'll leave." Shin told her, angrily.

"I'm just trying to be a good friend. After all the help you've given me." Debbie replied.

"I don't need your help right now." Shin said.

"I'm not gonna use my powers to try and force your emotions out of you. I'll let you tell me yourself, because I know that you need somebody." Debbie said.

Shin began crying.

Debbie closed the room door.

"It's just us. Tell me what's wrong." Debbie said, pulling him to sit on her bed

"I did it. I did something wrong." Shin said, struggling to let it out.

"What did you do? It couldn't of been that wrong...? I mean, you're Shin. The nicest person I've ever known." Debbie said.

"Nice people don't do what I did.." Shin said.

"Shin, tell me." Debbie encouraged him.

"I murdered her. Aria didn't escape last night. I killed her. I killed my own sister." Shin finally admitted, with tears pouring down his face.

Debbie was unsure how to respond.

---------

Team SpongeBob HQ, Living Room

SpongeBob sat back on the couch, watching the news.

Sandy entered the room.

"Hey.." SpongeBob said.

"Hey. You and Linda finished with that visit already?" Sandy asked.

"It's none of your business. Linda's going through a hard time right now. You hate her, so I understand that you can't acknowledge that." SpongeBob said.

"I don't..hate her. Well, I used to, but now she's more of a minor annoyance." Sandy said.

"Can you blame her? After what we did to her?" SpongeBob said.

"I guess not. I haven't always hated Linda. She's just always been in the way of what I truly wanted." Sandy said.

"And what's that?" SpongeBob asked.

"You. It's always been you. Even when I was dating Patrick, I knew there was something missing." Sandy divulged.

"Sandy, I can't deal with this." SpongeBob said, standing up.

"SpongeBob, I'm tired of putting my heart out there to you, only to have you not be honest with me about how you feel. You just dodge around the question." Sandy said.

"I don't want to hurt anyone." SpongeBob said.

"You already have." Sandy replied, leaving.

SpongeBob watched regretfully as she walked away.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

Ep.129 "Reveals"

The members of Team SpongeBob all gathered in the living room for a movie evening.

"GUYS!" SpongeBob said, coming in.

"SpongeBob, you're just in time for 'Return Of The Killer Krab'." Patrick said.

"I don't mean to interrupt movie night, but something more urgent has come up." SpongeBob said.

"What is it?" Sandy asked.

"Mindy. She's awake." SpongeBob revealed.

Everyone gasped, and began questioning SpongeBob.

"King Neptune just called me! It's true, Princess Mindy is out of her coma." SpongeBob said.

"The coma I put her in..." Linda said, sadly.

"It wasn't your fault." SpongeBob told Linda.

"We need to see her." Pearl said.

"I agree. Mindy was our friend, and a former member of this team." Patrick said.

"You guys shouldn't overcrowd her. Maybe one or two would be best for now." Sandy suggested.

"Sandy's right." Shin said.

"How about me and you, then, Shin?" SpongeBob asked.

"Uh.., yeah sure." Shin said.

-------

Mainland Hospital

At the hospital, SpongeBob and Shin made their way to a private floor. 

"Over here." King Neptune said, waving to them.

"How is she?" SpongeBob asked.

"She's well. Just don't push her." Neptune said.

"Are you taking off, King?" Shin asked.

"Yes, but I'll be back here in the morning." Neptune told him.

As SpongeBob and Shin entered, Mindy opened her eyes.

"Mindy.." SpongeBob said, softly.

"Sponge? Shin? Wow,..it's great...to see you." Mindy said, trying hard to speak.

"We came, cause we heard you'd awoken. We just really wanted to express our gratefulness." SpongeBob spoke.

"Thanks." Mindy said, quietly.

"Do you..do you remember? Like, what happened and everything?" Shin asked.

"Shin.." SpongeBob whispered, nudging him.

"It's okay. I sort of..remember. It's all..in pieces, but it's there." Mindy told them.

"We don't have to dig it up now. Please, keep your mind at ease." SpongeBob said.

A knock on the door occurred. A young woman peeked in.

"Debbie?" Shin said.

"Debbie, what are you doing here?" SpongeBob asked.

"Don't worry, a guard is waiting for me on the ground floor. I came to speak to Shin. Neptune told me that you guys would be here." Debbie explained.

Shin went out into the hallway.

"Debbie, what's up?" Shin asked.

"What's up, is what you told me last night." Debbie said. "You killed your sister." Debbie said, quietly.

"This is not the place for this. It was great talking to you the other day, but I can't speak anymore on it." Shin told her.

"What about clearing your conscious?" Debbie asked.

"I did that, by talking to you." Shin claimed.

"I'm an empath, Shin. I know how you're really feeling." Debbie said.

"What do you want me to do? Huh?" Shin questioned.

"Talk to a professional." Debbie said.

"You want me to tell a shrink that I murdered my own sister?" Shin asked.

"If you can't talk to your friends, then YEAH." Debbie tried to convince him.

"I DID talk to a friend. You." Shin said.

"You know what I mean. You need to tell the team. They believe Aria is out there somewhere, but she's dead." Debbie explained.

"Fine. I'll tell them. Eventually." Shin said.

"For your sake, I hope that you do. I'm gonna get back to my guard. He gave me ten minutes." Debbie said.

"Thanks, Debs." Shin said.

Debbie hugged Shin, then took off.

---------

SpongeBob and Shin returned from seeing Mindy.

"Guys, how did it go?" Sandy asked.

"Yeah, how is she?" Pearl questioned.

"She's good." Shin smiled.

"A little weak, but good." SpongeBob told them.

"I'm just so glad that she's alive." Linda said, almost tearing.

"Guys, why don't you all sit back down. I have something to tell you all." Shin said.

SpongeBob, Sandy, Patrick, Linda, and Pearl all took a seat.

"I've done something horrible. Something I've been keeping for some time now." Shin said.

"Shin, whatever it is, we're here for you no matter what." Sandy said.

"Yeah, I mean, you're Shin. What bad thing could you have done?" Linda questioned.

"I'm not as good as you think." Shin said, awkwardly laughing.

"What did you do? Eat the last muffin? Drink all the lemonade?" Pearl joked.

"..Actually, I did that stuff." Patrick said.

"Aw man! I really wanted that chocolate chip muffin." Pearl said, pouting.

"GUYS! LISTEN TO ME!" Shin raged.

"Whoa, dude.. we are. What is it?" SpongeBob asked.

"Remember when we had Aria imprisoned here at the HQ?" Shin asked.

"Yes. She escaped." SpongeBob said.

"Who can forget that night?" Pearl scoffed.

"She didn't escape." Shin said.

"What?" Linda asked.

"Shin, what do you mean?" Sandy questioned.

"Shin.." SpongeBob said, looking at him intensely.

"I killed her. I killed Aria in her cell here." Shin said, with tears pouring out of his eyes.

The entire team was stunned.

"Shin, I can't..." SpongeBob said, unable to speak.

"I didn't see a way out of this mess with my family! So I killed her, okay?!" Shin said, crying.

"But that wasn't a choice you should of made alone!" Pearl stood up in anger.

"I KNOW." Shin yelled.

SpongeBob walked out of the room.

"SPONGEBOB!" Linda said, chasing after him.

"I'm going to bed." Pearl said, leaving as well.

"Sorry, Shin. I can't deal with this right now." Patrick said, leaving too.

Sandy sat on the couch still.

"You're still here?" Shin asked.

"Why?" Sandy asked.

"I told you why I killed her." Shin said.

"But, Shin.. she wasn't just your enemy. She was your sister." Sandy made clear.

"I know." Shin said.

"So how do you feel?" Sandy asked.

"Right now? Relieved. After I did it? So torn inside." Shin expressed.

Outside of the HQ, Linda caught up with SpongeBob.

"SpongeBob! SpongeBob!" Linda kept calling.

"WHAT?" SpongeBob yelled.

"Where are you going?" Linda asked.

"I don't know. For a walk." SpongeBob said.

"You can't run away from this! You have to stay." Linda told him.

"Shin just admitted to killing his sister - who we had as a prisoner on base. It's official, I have lost control of this team." SpongeBob said, in great emotion.

"No you haven't! The last few months...years even, have been crazy, but you have been an effective leader throughout ALL of it." Linda protested.

"I'm still processing what Shin did." SpongeBob said.

"He needs you right now. He's feeling how I felt when I discovered that I was responsible for putting Mindy in that coma." Linda said.

"That's different. You didn't intentionally hurt Mindy. The thing that was possessing you did. Shin, on the other hand, killed Aria in cold blood." SpongeBob said.

"And we'll deal with it. As a team. Altogether." Linda said, grabbing his hand.

"We haven't held hands in awhile.." SpongeBob said, getting flustered.

"Well, we've been kinda broken up." Linda said, blushing.

SpongeBob put his hand on Linda's cheek.

"Sponge...look." Linda said, pointing.

Debbie had appeared before them.

"Debbie! Why are you here?" SpongeBob said surprised.

"I snuck out of Neptune's Palace, because I needed to talk with you guys about Shin." Debbie said.

"Wait...you know?" SpongeBob asked.

"I thought I was the only one..." Debbie said, looking surprised.

"Shin told us that he killed Aria." Linda said.

"He told me the other day. I came because I thought I would just out the truth for him, so he wouldn't have to carry that weight..." Debbie explained.

"He told us. And we're not happy - " SpongeBob started.

" - But we're trying to understand." Linda interrupted, looking at SpongeBob.

"Right." SpongeBob said, trying to agree.

"Well, I guess I should get back to the palace." Debbie said.

"No. Come inside. It's late." Linda suggested.

"Yeah, you can return to the palace tomorrow." SpongeBob told her.

"Alright." Debbie said.

SpongeBob, Linda, and Debbie headed inside.

-------

The following morning, we see Linda pouring herself a glass of orange juice.

Taking a seat on the couch, Linda turns on the morning news.

Reporter -
We are still getting more news on the kidnap of King Neptune at his palace, late last night.

Linda spit out her orange juice.

As she rushed to wake the whole team up, multiple calls were being made to the Team SpongeBob HQ.

--------

Mission Room

Team SpongeBob and Debbie rushed into the mission room.

Everyone was frantic of King Neptune's kidnap.

"Alright, so what do we know?" SpongeBob asked.

"There was an attack last night on King Neptune's palace." Shin reported.

"Multiple eye witnesses place Azarah at the scene of the crime." Sandy reported.

"What happened to all the guards at the palace?" Debbie asked.

"Most of them were killed, Debbie." Linda said.

"King Neptune has the best security in the entire sea!" Debbie said, in disbelief.

"Debbie, my mother has the Dark Jewel in her possession. With it, her powers are heightened to enormous lengths. It makes sense that she was behind this." Shin said.

"She must have cronies on her side as well. Ya know, henchmen." Pearl said.

"I'm just glad that you were here last night, and not at the palace." SpongeBob said to Debbie.

"Me too." Debbie said.

"I'm gonna take a squad down to the Neptune's palace. Get a better feel of what happened." SpongeBob said.

"Good. I'll go." Shin said.

"No. You won't." SpongeBob said.

"What?" Shin asked.

"I'm placing you on suspension. You'll stay here." SpongeBob said.

The rest of the team were shocked.

"Wow,..I know what I did was messed up, but you need to trust me. This team NEEDS me right now." Shin argued.

"I said NO." SpongeBob yelled at him.

Shin nodded in acceptance.

"Linda, Sandy, and Pearl. You guys are coming with me to check out the scene. Patrick, you stay here and look after Debbie." SpongeBob ordered.

"I can do that..." Shin said.

"You're suspended." SpongeBob reminded him.

SpongeBob and the ladies took off.

"Sorry about him, Shin." Patrick said.

"You aren't still mad at me? You didn't want to even deal with me last night." Shin said to Patrick.

"I slept on it." Patrick said, with a smile.

"Thanks." Shin said.

"Guys, we need to be out there, doing something. Karate Island has just lost it's Head. This is bad." Debbie stated.

"Sponge's orders. Sorry, Debbie." Patrick said, regretfully.

------

Outside of Neptune's Palace, Mainland

SpongeBob, Sandy, Linda, and Pearl arrived at the site of the palace.

A bunch of reporters, civilians, military agents, etc, were there.

"TEAM SPONGEBOB! TEAM SPONGEBOB!" Reporters flocked over to the group.

"ANY COMMENTS ON THE KIDNAP?"

"WHAT DO YOU GUYS PLAN TO DO?"

"DO YOU HAVE A LEAD?" 

The questions kept rolling in.

"BACK OFF of them." a man yelled.

Several agents back the reporters off of the team.

"Team SpongeBob, My name is Kyle Reeves, and I'm the director of a new agency, F.I.N." Kyle introduced.

"F.I.N?" SpongeBob asked.

"Federal Investigative Nexus." Kyle told them.

"We know you're here about Neptune." Sandy said.

"Well that's more than obvious, isn't it, my dear?" Kyle snarked.

"Please, you're in our way." SpongeBob said.

"My agency is taking on this case. Though I do hope that my team and yours can be helpful to each other on this, instead of...getting in each others way." Kyle suggested.

"Whatever." SpongeBob said

"The palace is in ruins." Pearl said, staring at it.

"A dangerous kind of weapon had to be used to achieve that level of destruction." Kyle said, shaking his head.

"A weapon alright. The Dark Jewel." SpongeBob revealed.

"So it's true. They've resurfaced." Kyle said.

"One has." SpongeBob said.

"And how long do you think it'll be before the others do too? It won't stop at destroying whole palaces. These jewels, in combination, can destroy whole universes." Kyle said.

"I see you know your history on these Universal Jewels." Pearl said.

"Yes. I like to keep myself informed." Kyle said, walking off.

"We'll be in touch, won't we?" SpongeBob said to him.

"Yes we will." Kyle said, with a grin, as he continued walking.

"I don't like the sound of F.I.N." Linda said.

"Me neither. But, first things first. King Neptune is our focus right now." SpongeBob said.

-------

Team SpongeBob HQ

At the HQ, Shin and Debbie were talking on the couch.

"I'm glad you came out with it." Debbie said.

"I'm glad I did too. And it's all thanks to you." Shin said.

"Don't give me too much credit." Debbie said.

"You deserve it." Shin said.

"And so do you. You came out with something really hard. I've always admired your strength." Debbie told him.

"I've always admired your ability to see the best in others, and in yourself." Shin said.

Debbie and Shin hugged.

"GUYS!" Patrick said, running in.

"Patrick! What's wrong?" Debbie said, as she and Shin ran towards him.

"Were either of you watching me in my room just now?" Patrick asked.

"No..." Debbie said.

"Not me." Shin said.

"I think someone was. Someone is in this base. I can FEEL it." Patrick said, frightened.

"Maybe you heard one of our footsteps? I did use the bathroom once." Debbie said.

"And I went into the mission room to look at a report." Shin said.

"Something's not right, guys. I know it." Patrick said, unconvinced.

"SOMETHING'S not right." a female voice was heard.

"OH MY GOD." Shin said.

"In what world would a brother murder his own sister?" the voice was revealed to be Aria's!

"Shin killed you!" Debbie said.

"OKAY, so we can ALL see her?" Shin asked.

"Yes, Shin. She's very much here." Patrick said.

"But how?" Debbie asked.

"That fateful night, I used my magic to trick Shin into thinking he'd killed me in my cell. Meanwhile, I escaped, and left Shin to suffer mentally.. thinking he had slaughtered his own sister." Aria revealed.

"You played with my mind? How DARE YOU?" Shin yelled.

"I guess I'm better at using dark energy than you are.." Aria said, grinning.

"So what NOW? What's your game plan? Why are you here?" Shin asked.

"Were you involved last night? in Neptune's kidnapping?" Patrick asked.

"No. I'm sure it was my mother. I've recently decided that she is a destructive witch that has to be taken down." Aria said.

"Okay, then help us." Shin said.

"Oh oh..no..you've gotten it all confused. I'm going to take down mother on my own. Once I do, the island will look to me as it's savior. I'll finally matter to people." Aria said, shedding a tear.

"You're no match for Azarah alone." Patrick said.

"I won't be alone.." Aria said, looking over to Debbie.

"Oh no, she's here for DEBBIE." Shin said.

"DEBBIE, RUN." Patrick yelled.

Debbie ran off.

Patrick raced towards Aria.

Aria shot a beam of dark energy at Patrick, which stunned him.

Shin threw out dark energy slices at Aria.

Aria put up a barrier.

"I can feel that you're not at your best today, brother!" Aria said.

Aria sent a strong wave of dark energy at Shin, which pushed him into a wall.

Shin fell out.

Aria ran after Debbie.

Debbie, still running, heads down a long hallway.

Turning a corner, Debbie runs into Aria, who magically appears.

"Hello, Universal Guardian." Aria said

Aria quickly let out a wave of dark energy into Debbie's mind.

The dark energy made it's way through Debbie's brain. 

Debbie's suddenly felt disorientated, and out of her mind. Her eye color had also turned black.

"You now serve me. Anything I say, you will do." Aria imposed.

"Yes, my master." Debbie said, darkly and with a smile.

• Like 1

Ep.130 "End Of The Beginning" (Part 1)

Team SpongeBob HQ

Shin began to wake up Patrick, who was still unconcious.

"PAT! PAT!" Shin said, shaking his body.

Patrick eventually came to.  

"..Sh-in?" Patrick mumbled

"Good. You're alright." Shin said.

"Where's Debbie!?" Patrick said, jumping up.

"I don't know. I searched the base for her and Aria before I woke you." Shin told him.

"Do you think Debbie got away?" Patrick asked.

"I doubt it. I'm almost sure that Aria got to her. She took me down pretty quickly after she took you down." Shin revealed.

"Aw man, what are we gonna do?" Patrick asked.

"We need to go after my sister." Shin said.

"Without the team?" Patrick asked.

"We don't have time!" Shin said.

"The rest of the team needs to know. And we need to figure this whole thing out together. I'm calling Sponge' now." Patrick said.

"Ughh." Shin said, face-palming.

-------

SpongeBob, piloting the S-Jet, got a call on his phone.

"I'm flying..." SpongeBob said.

"I got it." Sandy said, reaching for his phone out of his pocket.

"Hello?" Sandy answered.

"Sandy..? This is Pat." Patrick said.

"Patrick, what's going on? Is Debs okay?" Sandy inquired.

"No. Aria was alive the entire time. She attacked me and Shin, and we believe that she kidnapped Debbie." Patrick revealed.

"OH GREAT!" Sandy shouted in frustration. "Aight, we're on our way to the base." Sandy told him, hanging up.

"Sandy..who was it?" SpongeBob asked.

"Patrick. He says that Aria's been alive the whole time." Sandy revealed.

"What?" Linda said.

"Okay, so Shin didn't kill her?" Pearl asked.

"She probably used some kind of magic to make him believe he did." SpongeBob theorized.

"That's not the end of it. Aria may have kidnapped Debbie." Sandy finished.

"Oh no.." SpongeBob said, shaking his head.

"Oh my, is she still in league with Azarah?" Linda questioned.

"As if she ever stopped." Pearl said, rolling her eyes.

"Either way, both Debbie and King Neptune are gone. The leader of the entire ocean, AND the Universal Guardian." Sandy stressed.

"Sandy's right. This is a disaster." Pearl expressed.

---------

Mystic Caves, Prisoner Chambers

We see King Neptune, locked up in a dusty cell, within the Mystic Caves.

Azarah walks in.

"Hello, my King. Glad you're awake." Azarah said to him.

King Neptune, badly injured, tries to lift his body.

"Wh-ere's my scepter?" King Neptune asked.

"You won't be needing it. Not anymore. You see, I'm about to crown myself the ruler of the entire universe." Azarah said.

"You..can try.., but it won't work." Neptune said.

"I know, I know. The Dark Jewel only gives me so much power." Azarah said.

Azarah had cased the Dark Jewel within an amulet, which she has around her neck.

Azarah fiddled with the amulet.

"The Dark Jewel alone..won't grant you this world." Neptune said, coughing blood.

"You're right. Which is why I am going to find the rest of the Universal Jewels. In the meantime, no one will be able to stand in my way." Azarah said.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll let me out." Neptune warned.

"I do know what's good for me. And that is your death." Azarah said.

"Excuse me?" Neptune said, slightly shook.

Azarah opened Neptune's cell.

Using the power of the Dark Jewel, she vaporized the king with dark energy.

Neptune's blood-curling screams dominated the Mystic Caves.

------------

Team SpongeBob HQ

SpongeBob, Sandy, Linda, and Pearl arrived at the HQ.

"Patrick! Patrick!" they shouted.

Patrick ran to meet them.

"Where is Shin?" SpongeBob asked, looking around.

"He took off while I was on the phone. I think he's going after Aria alone." Patrick told them.

"Typical Shin these days. Doing things behind our backs!" SpongeBob said, peeved.

"SpongeBob, stop! This is no time to be petty. A lot of crap is going down right now. We need to focus our energy on the actual enemies here." Linda said.

"I'm sorry. Just frustrated. Where do we start?" SpongeBob asked.

"Well, Aria seems to be against Azarah now. I think she kidnapped Debbie in order to use her to defeat Azarah." Patrick explained.

"..So, wherever Shin finds Aria... he'll find Azarah too." Sandy said.

"And we all know where that will be.." Pearl suggested.

"The Mystic Caves." SpongeBob finalized.

"When we went there before, things got dangerous." Sandy said.

"Aria played with our minds, but now we'll be facing an even greater threat. We can handle it. I know we can." SpongeBob said.

"Alright. Let do this." Linda said.

"Everyone board the S-Jet." SpongeBob commanded.

As everyone headed to the jet, SpongeBob pulled Linda aside.

"Hey, what's up?" Linda asked.

"This all could be dangerous. Deadly even." SpongeBob told her.

"I know." Linda assured him.

"It's just, I don't want anything left unsaid...ya know, before it's too late." SpongeBob said, his eyes watering.

"Then say it.." Linda said, getting emotional.

"I still love you." SpongeBob confessed.

"I still love you too." Linda replied.

"If we make it through this... maybe we can talk about working things out." SpongeBob suggested.

"Yeah. I'd like that." Linda smiled.

Both of them headed on to the S-Jet.

----------

Karate Island, Left Shore, Mayor Arthur King's Office

In the town of Left Shore, Mayor Arthur King was facing a crisis.

Arthur's sister, Tetra King, entered his office.

"Arthur, what the hell is going on?" Tetra asked.

"I don't need this right now, Tetra. I've been getting calls and reporters ALL DAY." Arthur stressed.

"Fifty five officers from the LSPD have gone missing! Of course you're getting all these calls." Tetra said.

"No one knows the circumstances behind these disappearances..., I am at a lost of what to say to my citizens." Arthur said, breathless.

"How coincidental that this happens around the same time that King Neptune is reported kidnapped in Mainland." Tetra said.

"I believe it's no coincidence." Arthur said.

At that moment, Arthur's secretary came running in.

"Sir, you have some visitors." the man announced.

"Send Team SpongeBob in." Arthur said.

"Wow, sir. How'd you know it was them?" the man asked.

"Had a feeling.." Arthur said.

As the secretary left the room, Team SpongeBob entered.

"Team SpongeBob!" Tetra said, excitedly.

"Glad to see you guys." Arthur said.

"Mayor King, it's nice to see you again, although I wish it was under better circumstances." SpongeBob said.

"Tetra, it's been awhile." Patrick said, smiling.

"It has." Tetra said, smiling back at him.

Sandy looked confused.

"I assume you're all here in regards to 'missing people'." Arthur stated.

"Yes. King Neptune has been kidnapped, and so has the Universal Guardian. We believe that they, and Azarah, are here in Left Shore." SpongeBob said.

"The Mystic Caves again?" Arthur asked.

"Yes." Sandy said.

"Maybe my cops are there too." Arthur said.

"Your cops?" SpongeBob asked.

"Fifty five officers from the LSPD have gone missing here in Left Shore." Tetra told them.

"Seriously?" Patrick said.

"I'm going to send out a force to the Mystic caves." Arthur said.

"No. Me and my team will handle this." SpongeBob said.

"Azarah has the Dark Jewel in her possession. Anyone who chases after her will be in grave jeopardy." Sandy said.

"I managed to trace where the Dark Jewel first reappeared." Arthur told them.

"What did you find?" Pearl asked.

"A company, run by a man named Victor Hollins, find the jewel while mining. Rumors state that Hollins used this jewel to fund research into meta-fish abilities. The study, and even creation, of extra-ordinary powers in regular people. My private investigators told me that these experiments produced a few successes. One in particular, is thought to be of a serial killer who recently used dark energy to lead a murder spree in Bikini Bottom." Arthur revealed.

"But all of this is rumored?" SpongeBob asked.

"I trust my investigators." Arthur stated.

"This all proves that the Dark Jewel, and likely the other jewels, are nothing but dangerous to society." Pearl said.

"Mayor King, we will find your officers." SpongeBob said, as the team began to leave.

"I'm going with them." Tetra said to Arthur.

"Tetra, no!" Arthur said.

"I'm a hero too, and those officers are my people. I have to, Arthur." Tetra stated.

"You come back to me. In one piece." Arthur said, intensely.

"I will. I promise." Tetra said, running after Team SpongeBob.

As the team boarded the S-Jet outside, Patrick saw Tetra running in.

"Tetra? You're coming?" Patrick asked.

"I'm bringing home my officers." Tetra said.

"Okay, someone want to tell me who she is?" Sandy asked.

"Wait, Pat.. is this her? Your girlfriend who died?" Tetra asked.

"I'm back now." Sandy said.

"I'm Tetra. I helped Patrick and your friends a while back." Tetra introduced herself.

"You and Patrick seem chummy.." Sandy said.

"Sandy, NOT the time." SpongeBob said, taking the pilot seat.

As Team SpongeBob and Tetra buckled in, SpongeBob blasted off.

Ep.131 "End Of The Beginning" (Part 2)

Karate Island, Left Shore, Mystic Caves

As the S-Jet arrived at the Mystic Caves, SpongeBob landed near the entrance.  

"Alright. We go in there, we find Debbie, we find Shin, and we find those officers." SpongeBob directed.

"Okay, getting the captives out should be our first goal, but that's not our only." Sandy said.

"I agree. We will likely come across Azarah within the caves." SpongeBob said.

"This is a death mission, isn't it?" Tetra asked.

"Tetra, you can turn back now. We wouldn't want to put you in danger." SpongeBob said.

"I'll be fine. My officers are in there, and I'm getting them out." Tetra said.

"Alright, let's go." SpongeBob said, as the team began to exit the S-Jet.

"So, Tetra, what can you do?" Sandy asked.

"I control vibrations, sonic waves, blah blah blah.." Tetra told her.

As Team SpongeBob entered into the caves, we see Aria and Debbie coming to the entrance.

"Oh no, Team SpongeBob are here." a possessed Debbie said.

"That's no problem. You will handle them for me. And then you will handle my mother." Aria commanded.

"Yes, your majesty." Debbie said, smiling.

Debbie and Aria entered the cave.

--------

Inside The Mystic Caves

Inside of the cave, Team SpongeBob had split up to ensure that they covered the entire place.

Sandy and Tetra were paired together, Linda and SpongeBob were paired together, and Pearl and Patrick were paired up.

Linda and SpongeBob made their way to a lower level of the cave.

"It's so dim in here for a magic cave system." Linda said.

"Agreed. I wonder what is down here anyway." SpongeBob said.

SpongeBob and Linda came to a locked door.

"Made of stone.." Linda noted, feeling it.

"Linda, I think this a job for you.." SpongeBob said.

SpongeBob stood back.

Linda summoned a great deal of light energy, and blasted it at the door.

Linda and SpongeBob began coughing from the dust of the exploded door.

"Alright, lets see what's in here." SpongeBob said.

Upon entering, the two noted that it appeared to be a Prison Room System.

"Oh my God, there's a prisoner!" Linda said, rushing to a cell down the room.

"Is that..." Linda started.

"King Neptune!" SpongeBob shrieked.

Linda opened the cell.

"NEPTUNE! NEPTUNE!" SpongeBob screamed.

The duo turned his body over.

"He's pale. Like his body was drained of life." SpongeBob said.

"There's no pulse either." Linda said, shedding a tear.

"Wait, are you saying.." SpongeBob started.

"He's dead. King Neptune is dead." Linda said, with her heart racing.

SpongeBob bowed his head in shame.

Linda held SpongeBob in her arms, attempting to comfort him.

----

Pearl and Patrick continued to walk through the cave.

"I see nothing so far.." Pearl said.

"..And no one." Patrick said.

"What if we do come across Azarah?" Pearl asked.

"We hide. And call in the rest of the team." Patrick said.

"Yeah." Pearl said, scared.

"But for now, keep your eyes peeled for Shin, Debbie, or the missing officers." Patrick told her.

"I'm right here!" Debbie said, coming from the side.

"Debs!" Patrick said.

"PATRICK, STOP!" Pearl said, holding his arm.

"What?" Patrick asked.

"Her eyes. They're black. She's under control." Pearl said.

"HOW PERCEPTIVE!" another voice was heard.

"Aria!" Pearl said.

Pearl pointed her bow and arrow at Aria.

"If it's a fight you want,.. you'll get it." Aria said, shooting dark energy blasts at Pearl.

Pearl and Patrick jumped out of the way.

Debbie jumped on Patrick, attempting to strangle him from behind.

"DEB-BIE!" Patrick struggled.

Pearl shot an arrow at Aria.

Aria reversed it back at Pearl, using magic.

The arrow managed to pin Pearl to the cave wall.

Aria shot a dark energy blast at Pearl.

Pearl passed out from the shock.

Patrick tossed Debbie off of him.

Debbie got up quickly.

Using the full extent of her powers, Debbie drained Patrick of his aura and his energy.

"AHHHHH!" Patrick weeped, before dropping dead.

"Good, Debbie. Now kill this one." Aria said, pointing at Pearl.

Aria took off deeper into the cave.

"FOLLOW ME AFTER YOU'RE FINISHED!" Aria yelled out.

Debbie came to Pearl, who was still pinned to the cave wall and still unconscious.

Debbie put her hand on Pearl's chest.

"You've been a good friend to me. I'll leave you alive." Debbie said, taking off.

---

In another part of the caves, Sandy and Tetra were looking for Azarah themselves.

"The last time I was here, a little witch played with my mind." Sandy said.

"That's awful. I'm sorry." Tetra said.

"I'm fine now. Just creeped." Sandy said.

"I'm also sorry if it seemed like I had just come aboard to break up you and Patrick." Tetra said.

"Oh no, me and Patrick are already splitsville. I don't know why I got so jealous." Sandy revealed.

"Wow, what happened between you two?" Tetra asked.

"I happened." Sandy told her.

"Oh, I get it. There was someone else." Tetra put together.

"I was stupid. I didn't think about the hurt I would cause him, or myself. But after I came back, I was different." Sandy said.

"Sometimes people outgrow each other. It's normal." Tetra said.

Suddenly, out of the shadows, several officers came at Sandy and Tetra.

"They're possessed!" Tetra said.

"It must be Azarah." Sandy said.

As several of the officers ganged up on Tetra, she emitted a vibration blast from her body, pushing them away.

Sandy engaged in hand-to-hand combat with several of the officers.

"I'm trying not to hurt them!" Sandy said, flipping an officer with her legs.

As one of the officers threw a punch at her, Sandy grabbed his arm, turned, and flipped him over her body.

Tetra let out more vibration blasts.

SpongeBob and Linda arrived, seeing the battle.

Using his super speed, SpongeBob rammed into several of the officers.

"GUYS! CLOSE YOUR EYES!" Linda yelled.

SpongeBob, Sandy, and Tetra shut their eyes tight.

Linda emitted a bright light from her body that blinded the possessed officers.

"...Heyyy..what's going on here?" one of the officers said.

Slowly, the officers regained their vision, and started to come off the brainwash.

"They're back to normal." Sandy noted.

"I think when Linda blinded them with light, she also vanquished the darkness that controlled their minds!" SpongeBob analyzed.

"Well done, Linda." Tetra said.

"Hey, we didn't mean to attack you." one officer said.

"We were forced to be servants for this woman. She had some kind of mind or soul controlling device." another officer said.

"I think you guys are talking about the Dark Jewel. It's capable of possession, and it's currently in the hands of a dangerous woman named Azarah." SpongeBob revealed.

"HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!" a voice called out from deep in the caves.

"Tetra, lead your officers out of here. Me and my team will handle this from here." SpongeBob said.

"Alright." Tetra said. "FOLLOW ME!" Tetra yelled to the dozens of officers. 

As Tetra and the officers took off, SpongeBob and the rest of the team headed down the cave in the direction of the scream.

SpongeBob, Linda, and Sandy saw Pearl pinned to the cave wall with an arrow.

"Pearl!" SpongeBob said.

"PATRICK! HELP PATRICK!" Pearl yelled.

Linda shot a light beam at the arrow. Pearl dropped down from the wall.

"Pat.." Sandy said, coming to his body.

"Sandy, how is he?" SpongeBob said, walking over.

"Oh no.." Sandy said.

Patrick's entire body was decimated. He was practically a skeleton.

"Pat-..Patrick.." SpongeBob said, crying.

"PATRICK!" Sandy yelled, clenching over his body.

Linda and Pearl looked over in sadness.

"He's gone! HE'S GONE!" Sandy shrieked.

Sandy and SpongeBob continued to cry, as Linda and Pearl hugged each other in comfort.

----

Aria made her way to the upper level of the caves.

"Where is that Debbie girl?" Aria asked herself.

Aria entered into a large area of the cave full of bright blue crystals.

"Beautiful.." Aria said.

"Not after I'm done.." a voice said.

"Mother!" Aria said.

"Aria, I thought Team SpongeBob had captured you. I was unsure of your condition." Azarah said.

"I guess you thought it was pointless to rescue me." Aria said.

"Not pointless. Just stupid." Azarah said.

"Team SpongeBob is here." Aria told her.

"I know. I have some possessed officers that should be taking care of them right about now. After, I will use my newfound power to murder them once and for all." Azarah said, smiling.

"You've really mastered control over the Dark Jewel, haven't you?" Aria asked.

"I'll show you." Azarah said, evilly.

Using the power of the Dark Jewel, Azarah drained all of the thousands of beautiful blue crystals of their light.

The crystals turned pure black.

"Impressive." Aria said.

"I'm glad you're here by my side again, daughter." Azarah said.

"I'm not." Aria said.

"Excuse me?" Azarah asked.

Aria stepped closer.

"It took me awhile to realize it, but you've been using me my entire life to enact your goals. You never loved me, or Shin. You saw us as set pieces to play with, in order to help you. You are no better than dad!" Aria confessed, revealing her true feelings.

"No, Aria, this has ALWAYS been about you! Giving YOU the future you deserve. Taking over this world for the BOTH of us." Azarah stressed.

"And along the way, you turned me into a soldier. I don't feel anymore. I have lost what makes me the person I am, because I never really was a person. Just a tool, in your war." Aria shouted, beginning to cry.

"Aria, I do love you, but I will not let you stand in my way." Azarah said, passionately.

Aria blasted her mother back with a force of dark energy.

"This isn't a fight you can win, my child." Azarah said, getting up.

Azarah controlled a dozen of the crystals, shooting them towards Aria.

Aria put up a barrier.

The crystals hit the barrier hard, but Aria kept up.

Azarah shot out a powerful blast at the barrier, finally breaking it.

Aria was launched into the ground.

"MOTHER! STOP!" a voice shouted out.

Coming into the area, Shin had arrived.

"Shin?" Aria said, trying to pick herself up.

"Oh look, I get to kill both of my children in one day!" Azarah said.

Azarah let out tentacles of dark energy at Shin.

Shin sliced threw them with his own dark energy.

Aria got up, launching crystals at Azarah.

Azarah dodged one of the crystals, but the second one pierced her stomach.

"OWWW!" Azarah cried out.

Azarah ripped the sharp crystal out of her stomach, leaking a lot of blood.

In anger, Azarah released the full power of the Dark Jewel, launching a power dark energy strip at Aria.

Shin jumped in front of Aria to protect her from the strip.

"SHIIIIIN!" Aria cried out.

"Uhhhh.." Shin was in pain, as he fell out.

Azarah used dark energy to control Aria's body.

"LET ME GO!" Aria tried to break out.

Azarah pinned her into the wall.

Aria passed out from the impact.

"Say goodbye, my daughter." Azarah said, walking to the wall.

From behind, Azarah was shot at with white energy.

"Huh?" Azarah said, stunned.

Turning around, she saw Shin, standing with a force of pure energy around his body.

"Purity beats darkness. I will kill you the same way I did father!" Shin yelled out.

Shin shot a white energy beam towards Azarah

Azarah blasted back with a dark energy beam.

As the white beam began to overcome the black, Azarah again released the full power of the Dark Jewel.

"NO!" Shin said.

Azarah's dark energy quickly consumed the pure energy, and Shin.

A blood-curling scream was let out from Shin.

At that moment, Debbie entered the area.

"Shin..?" Debbie said.

The sight of seeing what happened to Shin, managed to knock Debbie out of her mind control.

"SHIN!!!!!" Debbie yelled, back to normal.

Debbie ran over to Shin's body.

"He can't be.." Debbie said.

Debbie tried to restart the energy in Shin's body.

With his last will, Shin spoke to Debbie.

"Debbie.." Shin said, breathless.

"Shin! Snap out of it! Get up!" Debbie shouted, in tears.

"I can't Debbie. My soul has been vanquished. I do not have much longer." Shin spoke.

"No, this can't be!" Debbie said, frantic.

"I want you...to go on. I want you to be...the hero I trained you to be. The hero I know you are." Shin let out.

"No, No, I can't do this without you!" Debbie said, crying vigorously.

"Yes..you can. What team are we, Debbie?" Shin asked.

Debbie shook her head.

"What team?" Shin asked again.

"Team SpongeBob." Debbie answered, letting out a faint smile.

"Team SpongeBob." Shin said.

Shin's soul finally left his body. 

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" Debbie screamed out.

Azarah looked on, painfully.

Aria had awoken a little.

"This is YOUR FAULT!" Debbie yelled at Azarah.

"You're next in line to be killed, Guardian." Azarah said.

Debbie had embraced all of the anger inside her. 

Immediately, Debbie's aura turned a visible red. Debbie's eye color became red as well.

Azarah tried to shoot an energy blast, but Debbie had already shot out a red energy blast of her own.

Azarah was pushed back brutally.

Debbie shot more energy blasts, not giving Azarah time to recuperate.

Suddenly, Debbie grabbed Azarah's arms, and began to absorb her energy.

Azarah yelled in pain as Debbie essentially killed her.

As Azarah's body hit the ground, Debbie grabbed the amulet off of her neck.

Debbie released the Dark Jewel from the amulet.

"Debbie.." Aria said.

"Don't speak to me. Or you'll join your parents in hell." Debbie said, darkly.

Aria gulped. 

Debbie walked over to Aria.

"Make sure this gets to Team SpongeBob. Or I'll find you, and make good on my threat." Debbie threatened.

Debbie put the Dark Jewel in Aria's hands.

"You're just leaving!?" Aria asked.

"I'm done." Debbie said.

Debbie left.

A few moments later, SpongeBob, Sandy, Linda, and Pearl entered.

"NO, NO, NO." SpongeBob said, using his super speed to hurry to Shin's body.

SpongeBob kneeled over Shin's body, as Sandy, Linda, and Pearl arrived by their side.

SpongeBob looked up at Aria.

"...He's gone, isn't he?" SpongeBob asked, crying.

"I'm sorry." Aria said, letting out her own tears.

Aria handed SpongeBob the Dark Jewel.

"Azarah?" Sandy asked, emotional.

"She killed Shin. Debbie killed her in turn." Aria announced.

Sandy, Linda, and Pearl joined SpongeBob in kneeling over Shin's body.

Aria left them to mourn.

SpongeBob put his hand over Shin's chest.

"I'm sorry." SpongeBob whispered.

Sandy put her hand over SpongeBob's. Linda put her hand over Sandy's. Pearl put her hand over Linda's.

The scene faded to black.

SEE YOU IN SEASON 9!

• Like 1

Team SpongeBob - Season 9: Divided

Ep.132 "Turning Point" 

Outside the Mystic Caves, Left Shore

A team of paramedics carried Patrick and Shin Fu's bodies out of the Mystic Caves on stretchers.

The next dead body carried out was that of King Neptune's.

Units from the Karate Island Military and law officials were gathered at the outside area of the cave.

Officers from the LFPD had Aria in handcuffs, as we see her kneel-ed on the ground, her head down in shame.

SpongeBob walked over to Sandy, Linda, and Pearl, who watched as the dead bodies of their former comrades were put on an emergency chopper

"Aria admitted to forcing Debbie to kill Patrick." SpongeBob said, teary eyed.

"She's letting herself be arrested because she feels guilty." Pearl said, shaking her head.

"She is guilty. Now with her brother dead, I bet she's feeling really stupid too." Sandy said, still shedding tears.

Linda walked over to Aria and the two officers.

"Looks like trouble.." Pearl said.

SpongeBob followed after her.

"YOU BITCH! This is YOUR FAULT." Linda screamed at Aria.

"You don't think I KNOW THAT??" Aria shouted, still kneeling.

Linda tried to kick her face in, but SpongeBob removed her from the area in time with his super speed.

"WHY did you do that?" Linda asked.

"I want Aria to hurt the way she hurt us today, but we can't make decisions based on grief." SpongeBob told her.

"He's right." Pearl said, wiping tears.

The four saw the officers board Aria onto a helicopter. Likely taking her off to prison.

"Did she tell you where Debbie is?" Sandy asked.

"When I was over there, Aria told me that Debbie took off. She said she was 'done'." SpongeBob revealed.

"Done? What does that mean?" Pearl asked.

"It means that we have a Universal Guardian out there running away from her title." SpongeBob said.

"Who can blame her. I would run away too." Linda said, with her eyes trailing off.

A new helicopter landed on the outside area of the cave.

"Who is that?" Sandy asked, turning around.

The team saw Mayor Arthur King and Tetra exit the helicopter.

"Arthur, Tetra, how are the officers that we freed from the caves?" SpongeBob asked.

"SpongeBob, my concern right now is with Mainland." Mayor Arthur said.

"I know, I know. Once news reaches there that King Neptune is dead - " SpongeBob started.

"What? King Neptune is DEAD?" Mayor Arthur asked.

"I suppose you mean something else?" SpongeBob asked, looking scared.

"Some pretty bad reports have come to Left Shore. A military unit stationed in Mainland's White Forest has reported surges of dark energy coming from under ground there." Mayor Arthur informed them.

"Oh no, it looks like Azarah left behind a parting gift." Sandy said.

"We need to get to Mainland." SpongeBob said.

"Shin and Patrick just died!" Linda said.

"WE STILL HAVE A JOB TO DO." SpongeBob yelled at her.

"We need to evacuate people from Mainland. Who knows what Azarah left behind." Pearl said.

"The Pink Arrow is right. I'll make a call to the Karate Island Board of Trustees. You guys get to Mainland, NOW." Mayor Arthur said.

As Team SpongeBob took off, Tetra ran after them.

"TETRA!" Mayor Arthur called out.

"I'LL BE BACK. PROMISE." Tetra said.

Team SpongeBob boarded their S-Jet.

"Lets get out of here. The reporters are trailing up the mountainside." Tetra said.

"You're coming?" Sandy asked.

"Of course. I wanna help save this island. Where's Patrick?" Tetra asked.

The four remaining members looked at each other with sadness.

"What is it?" Tetra questioned.

"Tetra, I'm so sorry." Sandy said, letting tears escape her eyes.

"No, no.." Tetra said.

"He's dead." Sandy finally said.

"Lets just get this show on the road." Tetra said, taking a seat in the jet.

-------

Department of Homeland Security, Interrogation Room

Aria awaited in the interrogation room, sporting power-inhibitor gauntlets on her arms.

A woman walked in, along with several military agents. 

"Hello there. My name is Amanda Wheeler, and I'm the President of the Karate Island Board of Trustees." the woman introduced herself.

"Why am I here at the DHS? I thought I'd be in a prison cell by now." Aria asked.

"We need to determine who you are, and the role you played in the tragedy at Mystic Caves." Amanda said.

"I'm dangerous. That's all you need to know." Aria said, frowning.

"Oh, we're aware. Which is why those new, state-of-the-art, power inhibitors have been put on you." Amanda said.

"I compelled the Universal Guardian to kill Patrick Star." Aria said.

"By 'compelled', you mean.." Amanda started.

"I took control over her soul. She was my servant." Aria admitted.

"What's strange is that you're admitting to everything. And the fact that you surrendered yourself willingly. Why?" Amanda asked.

"I'm done being a monster." Aria said, shedding a tear.

"I'm sure you weren't chanting that when you conspired with your mother to take over this island. Isn't your mother, Azarah Alamone?" Amanda asked.

"I'm not surprised that Team SpongeBob gave you all the necessary information on me." Aria realized.

"Yes they did. Aria." Amanda said, smiling.

"Just put me in prison, where I belong." Aria said.

"No prison can hold you...yet." Amanda said.

"I don't need to be held. I'll stay." Aria told her.

"How do you go from working with a genocidal woman to being a willing prisoner?" Amanda asked.

"I realized my mother was wrong. I helped her, because I thought that it would make her love me. It was the only way I could matter to her." Aria said, with her
voice shaking.

"And using the Universal Guardian to kill a Team SpongeBob member was just...collateral damage in an adolescent-like tyrant against your mother's shitty treatment of you?" Amanda questioned.

"Go to hell." Aria blurted out.

"No, that's where you'll be going." Amanda said.

"I told you, I'll take a prison sentence, even a life one." Aria said.

"You'll be taken to Maxicoral. A prison for the sea's most dangerous offenders." Amanda told her.

"Perfect." Aria said.

-------

White Forest, Mainland

The S-Jet touched ground in th White Forest.

As the Team SpongeBob members exited, a group of military soldiers arrived to meet them.

"Team SpongeBob, nice of you to make it." Commander Dun greeted.

Among the soldiers was Larry, the Lobster.

"It's been a long time, guys." Larry said, flashing a somber smile.

"Unfortunately it's under horrible circumstances, but nice to see you, bud." SpongeBob said.

"So, you guys want to show us where the energy surge is coming from?" Sandy asked.

"Right this way." Larry said

The soldiers led Team SpongeBob to an open area of the forest, with a portion of the ground emitting a black color.

"We need to get under there.." SpongeBob realized.

"The ground?" Commander Dun asked.

"Yes." SpongeBob confirmed.

"I can open the ground up by sending my vibrations through it." Tetra offered.

Everyone took a step back as Tetra began to unleash her powers, and create a trail underground.

"I'm gonna need a long rest after this day's over." Linda said.

After much strain, Tetra had created a pathway under.

"Me and my team will go in and check it out." SpongeBob said to Dun.

As Team SpongeBob made their way underground, they came across a generator machine.

"This is what's producing the energy surge." Linda said.

"Yeah it is. There's a timer on it." SpongeBob noticed.

As they got closer, Linda nearly fainted.

"Linda!" SpongeBob yelled out.

Linda was caught before her fall by Sandy and Pearl.

"The dark energy radiating from this machine is weakening her. She does have light powers, after all." Tetra pieced together.

"You're probably right." SpongeBob said.

"Linda, how are you feeling?" Pearl asked.

"Dizzy, weak... I can't take this." Linda said.

"Linda, you take a step back." SpongeBob ordered.

"The timer on the machine is counting down. There's twenty five minutes left." Tetra said.

"Until what..?" Pearl asked.

"Oh no.." SpongeBob realized.

"What is it?" Pearl asked.

"Azarah must of powered this with energy from the Dark Jewel. Her plan all along was to keep us distracted so that we wouldn't know about this. When the timer counts down, I think this machine will go off like an energy bomb." SpongeBob said.

"...And level all of Mainland." Tetra continued.

"Linda, I need you and Sandy to go tell the soldiers to lead an evacuation out of Mainland." SpongeBob said.

"They'd have less than twenty five minutes to call for and lead an evacuation!" Sandy stressed.

"Just DO IT!" SpongeBob yelled.

Sandy and Linda raced off.

"If the three of us can't find a way to stop this machine, then Mainland will be in ruins." SpongeBob said.

"Maybe Tetra can help here." Pearl said.

"Pearl's right. I can use my powers to vibrate the machine apart." Tetra said.

"No, that will only make all the energy release faster. We'd instantly die." SpongeBob said.

"So what do we do?" Pearl asked.

"Pearl, remember a few months ago when we stopped Plankton's robot takeover in Bikini Bottom?" SpongeBob asked.

"Yes. The bots were powered by energy, and we got Debbie to transfer it into her own body." Pearl remembered.

"We need to do the same here." SpongeBob said.

"Great, now where is she?" Tetra asked.

"Your forgetting, SpongeBob. Debbie took off. She abandoned us." Pearl said.

"I remember. Which is why I wasn't referring to Debbie." SpongeBob said.

"Who else could absorb all of this dark energy?" Tetra asked.

"Aria Alamone." SpongeBob spoke.

"ARIA? She had Patrick killed!" Pearl said.

"This isn't personal, Pearl." SpongeBob said.

"At any rate, she's probably sitting in some prison right now." Pearl said.

"I doubt it. They would have took her to the DHS first for an interrogation." SpongeBob said.

"We'd never get her in time." Tetra said.

"I think you're forgetting I have super speed." SpongeBob said, speeding off.

"Wow, he's fast." Tetra said.

"Tell me about it." Pearl smiled.

------

Department of Homeland Security

SpongeBob quickly arrived at the DHS, speeding past security officers, military agents, and government officials.

"ARIA." SpongeBob said, speeding into her interrogation room.

SpongeBob's speed had caused papers to blow all over.

"MR. SQUAREPANT'S, that was important paper work I was filling out to have this criminal put into Coral Heights." Amander Wheeler yelled.

"Amander Wheeler, am I correct?" SpongeBob asked, extending his hand.

"I refuse to shake hands with a vigilante that barges into the DHS unannounced." Amanda said.

"I apologize, but I'm here for Aria." SpongeBob said.

"This prisoner is being sent to Maxicoral." Amanda said, angry.

"You don't seem to like me." SpongeBob said.

"King Neptune is dead, today. The news is currently breaking all over the sea. Thanks to the affairs of an out of control vigilante group." Amanda snipped.

"WHAT? King Neptune is dead because of Azarah Alamone. Me and my team have always tried to protect this island." SpongeBob said.

"You and your team don't know the difference between protecting this island and destroying it." Amanada said, infuriated.

"Funny, destruction is actually why I'm here." SpongeBob said.

"Excuse me?" Amanda asked.

"There's a dark energy bomb planted in the White Forest that will DECIMATE all of Mainland unless I get Aria to the site in order to absorb the energy safely." SpongeBob said.

"She's not going anywhere." An unknown voice said.

SpongeBob turned around.

Military agents had brought in Princess Mindy.

"Mindy, you look like you've been crying." SpongeBob said, softly.

"My father is dead. THAT girl over there was involved from what I hear." Mindy spoke.

"That girl can save Mainland." SpongeBob said, pointing to Aria.

"NO ONE'S asked what I want." Aria finally spoke.

"You don't get a choice." Mindy said to her.

"But you do?" SpongeBob asked.

"My father died and made me Queen." Mindy said, almost humorously.

"I'm sorry, Mindy." SpongeBob said.

"Sorry won't bring my father back." Mindy stated.

"No, not for that. For this." SpongeBob said, using his super speed.

In a flash, SpongeBob had snatched Aria away with his speed.

While speeding to Mainland, SpongeBob saw that the evacuations were successfully taking place.

SpongeBob and Aria instantly arrived underground to the machine.

"WHERE AM I?" Aria asked, as SpongeBob put her down.

"What took you so long?" Pearl asked.

"You must be Aria." Tetra said.

"I didn't say I wanted to come." Aria said.

"Well you're here. Stop this machine, please." SpongeBob said.

"How are the evacuations?" Pearl asked.

"Going well from what I could tell. Though, if we don't fix this, the people won't have homes to come back to." SpongeBob stated.

Aria walked closer to the generator.

"All I have to do is absorb the energy, correct?" Aria asked.

"Yes." SpongeBob said.

Aria stretched out her arms, attempting to lead the dark energy into her own body.

"Could this kill her?" Tetra asked, in a whisper.

"I don't think so. Debbie did something similar with pure energy, and she turned out fine." SpongeBob said, with his heart racing.

In an instant, Aria began to absorb some of the energy.

"Is it working?" Pearl asked.

Aria began to yell in pain.

"She only has four minutes left.." Tetra said.

"I wish I got here sooner, but I ran into trouble at the DHS." SpongeBob said.

"I CAN'T DO IT!" Aria shouted.

"YES, you can." SpongeBob shouted back.

The dark energy began to tear rips into Aria's body.

Aria screamed again, with dark energy releasing from her mouth and eyes.

"Oh my God, Aria's not gonna be able to do it." Pearl said. shedding a tear

"SpongeBob, we need to go." Tetra said.

"NO, NO!" SpongeBob yelled, devastated.

"WE'RE NOT GONNA WIN THIS, TODAY." Pearl said, shaking her head.

"Even heroes fail." Tetra said, wiping her eyes.

SpongeBob's face looked drenched in guilt.

Tetra pulled Aria's body back, as she stopped trying to absorb the dark energy.

Aria almost fainted.

"We need to get out of here." Tetra said.

"Where's Linda and Sandy?" SpongeBob asked.

"They went to help lead the evacuation. They should be coming back any minute, though." Pearl said.

"Why?" SpongeBob asked.

"I called them to return with the S-Jet while you were gone." Pearl admitted.

SpongeBob looked shocked.

"I knew we would fail." Pearl said, frowning.

SpongeBob, Tetra, Pearl, and Aria raced to the surface.

The S-Jet had landed in their vicinity.

"GET IN!" Sandy yelled.

The four raced into the S-Jet.

Sandy strapped herself back into the pilot seat and took off.

As Sandy flew the jet away, the team watched as a large energy wave began to emit from the White Forest.

Sandy put the S-Jet in hyper-fly, and the team made it out of Mainland skies before the energy wave could catch them.

We now see the energy wave completely destroy the White Forest, King Neptune's palace, Team SpongeBob's HQ, and thousands of homes. 

Mainland had been completely destroyed.

TO.BE.CONTINUED.

• Like 1