• Advertisement

do people still use these

Wumbo

Nah Style has topped out at #7 and will drop soon because thankfully the Top 10 is starting to freshen up again with Walk The Moon and unfortunately new songs from Nick Jonas and Jason DeRulo probably joining in the next week or two?

Yeah, pop charts are weird to me right now. I haven't heard any of these songs coming up the Top 20 yet, and the Fifty Shades of Grey songs are still there despite it being two months since the movie came out. I don't know, I had high hopes for this year and it started phenomenally, but it's like pop music really doesn't matter this year at all.

DON'T BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH?

COME ON

Honestly I think part of the reason they are stagnant is because of the inclusion of iTunes sales mattering on Billboard.  Nobody buys songs as much anymore unfortunately which is part of the reason Uptown Funk (as much as I love it) has not been challenged for number one for as many weeks as it's been.  But that's besides the point.  You should definitely check out Shut Up and Dance.  Probably my favorite pop-rock song in as many years?

Honestly I think part of the reason they are stagnant is because of the inclusion of iTunes sales mattering on Billboard.  Nobody buys songs as much anymore unfortunately which is part of the reason Uptown Funk (as much as I love it) has not been challenged for number one for as many weeks as it's been.  But that's besides the point.  You should definitely check out Shut Up and Dance.  Probably my favorite pop-rock song in as many years?

They really need to amp up how much streaming counts, because seriously that's how people are listening to music. I mean we'll get a lot of weird, stupid shit on the charts that way but at least it'll be accurate. And I'll take a listen bruh!

This song reminds me so much of the simple and in your face rock songs of the 1980s like Jessie's Girl.  Hence probably all of the 80s cliches and the overnostalgic music video?

This song reminds me so much of the simple and in your face rock songs of the 1980s like Jessie's Girl.  Hence probably all of the 80s cliches and the overnostalgic music video?

YES, I wanted to say that it reminded me so much of 80's pop rock. That's what was so cool about it!

And after looking at your blog, isn't it ironic that tomorrow you are reviewing another song featuring Charlie Puth? :funny:

At least he's not Marvin Gayeing and getting it on.

What are your favorite words?

:troll:

Oh god what relic thread is popping up now