• Advertisement

296a. BassWard

Jjs Goodman

This episode is significant in TWO ways. First off, this marks the FIRST episode segment of THIS show to NOT feature Spongebob in ANY way, shape or form whatsoever! Second, it's the FIRST time we see a SIGNIFICANT interaction between Bubble Bass and Squidward! Initially just FORCED to tolerate each other's company on a train ride (with Squidward going to the clarinet convention and Bubble Bass going to a comic book convention), there is no shortage of ARGUMENTS between them, as Bubble Bass CONSTANTLY thinks with his stomach (much to Squidward's annoyance and detriment), accidentally causes them to lose a baby (it's revealed to be fine) and their tickets, forcing them to walk until they get to Old Man Jenkins' farm! Thankfully, he allows them to ride with him on a plane! Not so wisely, he packs SNACKS on the plane, and when Bubble Bass goes to get some, the rear half of the plane detaches! When it lands, Squidward (not wanting to deal with trying to retrieve a coin that landed in Bubble Bass' belly button) decides by using the rear half of the plane as a makeshift rickshaw, manages to get the both of them to their hotel! However, the rooms they booked were given away since they were supposed to check in YESTERDAY! Thankfully, there IS another room available, but they both have to share it! Squidward does NOT want to share a bed with Bubble Bass when he EATS in bed, and is DISGUSTED by how Bubble Bass SOMEHOW managed to leave an entire RUG of his own BODY hair on the floor! Thankfully, they manage to get through the night, and are on their way to their conventions, with both of them commenting on the ridiculousness of the costumes that some comic book cos-players and clarinet players wear! Not only are the two conventions right NEXT to each other, Old Man Jenkins ACCIDENTALLY causes his plane to CRASH into the Comic Book convention, causing it to EXPLODE (but at least, the citizens inside survive), one of the statues that Old Man Jenkins' plane hit, CRASHES into the clarinet convention, causing it to float UP to the surface! On top of that, they don't have RETURN tickets to Bikini Bottom, forcing them to use a handcart rail-cart to get back to Bikini Bottom, with a mother AND her baby furiously seeking them! Even though they LOATHE each other, they HATE getting hurt by someone else a WHOLE lot more! I hope we get to see more episodes like this in the future! I give this episode a 9.9 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!

Holy crap, I showed up! Squid/Bass chemistry/tension was good too, I guess. I’ll steal it for SpongeBrawl.

i’d give this episode 4 babies being sucked out of the window out of 5, but me showing up unannounced boosts it up to 5 babies being sucked out of the window out of 5!

• Like 1