• Advertisement

288a. Dopey Dick

Jjs Goodman

I was a bit iffy about the whole “let’s put SB characters in the roles of famous characters shtick!” since those are usually hit or miss for me in any sorta show (and the description, to me, made it sound like a contemporary/somewhat more original adaptation of the tale), but I’m happy to report that this one really surprised me for good reason. The roles given here gives a more unique take on the SpongeBob/Squidward dynamic that I, myself, don’t see often with SpongeBob in a position of authority and Squidward as more of the plucky upstart. I like that it upheld SpongeBob’s moral code of letting the jellyfish go after he captures it. I like the villainous Krabs/Plankton team-up as someone who’s also trying to pull off a villainous team-up between them in SpongeBrawl. The animation is hella on point in this one. The references and callbacks are also on point. I never thought I’d see myself marking out for a Home Sweet Pineapple callback in 2023. Definitely my favorite of the bunch I’ve seen recently. Just plenty of fun to be had here.

I give Dopey Dick 5 doys out of 5. Now excuse me while I Skod this ish.

• Like 2

Very interesting; I'm not sure if there ever HAS been an episode of "Spongebob Squarepants" before where EVERYONE played different characters, and everyone STAYED in character for the whole episode! But it really makes me wonder, what on EARTH could give Spongebob (or Spongehab) a scar that DIDN'T heal?! Never expected to see the Nematoads again! All in all, I don't have much more to add since Old Man Jenkins pretty much said everything I could have said. 10/10. Enough said, true believers!