• Advertisement

Future of SpongeBob?

SpongeOddFan

While SpongeBob SquarePants is celebrating its 20 year anniversary coming in May. I thought it would be interesting to talk about how SB fandom will be changing in the futire as Season 13 & the 3rd SB Movie coming in 2020. I want ask you guys answer this question: Are you looking forward to Season amd/or 3rd movie more? or are you upset that you feel like SB should've ended?

Personally, I don't know how I feel about since s13 announced. I mean, yeah t was cool for the show has continued for more episodes, seeing what the writers can do for rest of the show. I can kind of wanted SpongeBon to end. It just makes me concered if the show couldn't ran out the ideas if the show continued beyond s13. Honestly, i wanted to give up on SpongeBob after s12 and 20th anniversary special because i might be grew out of fan of SpongeBob (hence my username is called "SpongeOddFan" :p). But yeah, Even i'm not SB fan anymore after s12, I'll stil be here on SBC.

Well, that's my thoughts on future of SB, and being a fan myself. What's on your thoughts?

• Like 1

Going to give this topic my own serious response since the current, dwindling interest in SB should speak some lengths now. I'm just about like everyone else who believes that SB has run its course after Hillenburg's death. I've also come to terms with the fact that Nick is going to keep SB going because it's their biggest hit and they're going to oversaturate it until the company dies off or the public decides they've had enough, which is, of course, sad to think about.

Because of the whole Kamp Koral debacle, I have also come to terms that I may not have to support everything that has SB attached to it. It's because of that it's why I've been feeling divided about whether or not I should give the also-upcoming Squidward spin-off my support while I continue to treat Kamp Koral as an in-name only SB series that only exists to keep Nick afloat.

We're all very much iffed about the idea of continuing SB after Hillenburg's death. When it comes to my feelings about continuing to watch and support SB after the loss of the creator, I can't see myself stopping. SB means a lot to me, thus I have been a fan of SB for almost 20 years as of this writing. I am still going to see the third SpongeBob feature film even if I don't feel like I'll enjoy it as much as the first two, and I'm still going to respectfully avoid Kamp Koral because of my personal feelings towards Nickelodeon as a company. All good things come to an end, so I'd like to see SpongeBob stop at one point. At the same time though, I don't mind the series still running. S12 is not a fantastic season by all means, but I do think it's doing good so far, and as long as the quality doesn't crumbles for the main series and as well for everything else SB-related in-between, I'm still going to look forward to more from SB, but like I said before, I'd like to see it end in a respectful fashion too.

• Like 2