• Advertisement

Butch Hartman's Kickstarter

CyanideFishbone

16 hours ago, President Squidward said:

i lost respect for butch months ago but here you go

Here's more evidence from the same guy that Butch Hartman is an awful person:

I loved Butch's shows growing up, but this gives me even more of a reason to stay away from anything he's doing in the future, including and especially Oaxis.

21 minutes ago, JCM said:

Here's more evidence from the same guy that Butch Hartman is an awful person:

I loved Butch's shows growing up, but this gives me even more of a reason to stay away from anything he's doing in the future, including and especially Oaxis.

I was just about to link this lmao.

I don't talk about it at all, because, well, I tried to kill myself when I was 13 years old (I am okay now, just needed to put that out there). Not a SINGLE part of my motivation was caused by any horror movie or anything, it was caused by relentless bullying, switching schools and not having any friends. Obviously people's motivations differ from people to people, but media is NOT to blame for this. As Pieguyrulz said, depression and suicide has been around for years and years, and did just not pop up when horror movies and what he perceives as "bad media" came up. And then there's also just this whole thing about him not even wanting adults to watch explicit media because it hurts this society he loves, and then there's the talk of how people don't love this country any more. Sorry to break it to you Butch, but people don't love this country any more because of 

this guythis guy, and also this fucker and this asshat and many more higher-ups in our government. I digress from politics, but America ain't the perfect Christian utopia you thought it was back in the 80's, and we should spread acceptance and be positive in this shitshow, but to complain and bitch and moan about people not loving America and blaming it on media is the stupidest shit and one of the oldest, stupidest arguments you could ever play it on. How much people imitate the media they consume varies from person to person, but I would say adults tend to be more mature for the most part. If you're so fucking worried about kids finding explicit media, maybe YOU should talk to people about trust in their kids in watching what they want, which is hard in this day and age, but it's possible. And the whole thing of OAXIS turning out to be a christian streaming service is manipulative as all fucking hell. Being Christian isn't a bad thing as long as you're not a bigot or a terrible person, which Butch is definitely both as it seems. Don't have any thing else to say, this was probably a mess, but I really am pissed off and I needed to get this off my chest. Butch Hartman is a terrible fucking human being.

Welp, looks like it now that Butch took his love for his passion project to a new level. It was kinda annoying how he couldn't visibly take criticism for his project, but blaming media for influencing suicide and refusing criticism from people who just haven't done anything of their own? That's just straight-up being misinformed and ignorant. I was too quick to judge the problems I've had with the newer seasons with FOP by blaming Butch, which was before I realized that those problems were mostly the fault of his writing team and the executives Nickelodeon, but when he says things like that, then Butch has to be called out for it. At that point, he should consider looking into his behavior (and/or do a lot more research) before he continues stepping over a thin line.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 2

So....thoughts? Arguments?

All I feel like saying is that he at least stayed silent about the ongoing controversy quite enough so that he could actually come out with an apology while addressing concerns about OAXIS. I don't know if I can take this wholeheartedly because the main problem I've had with OAXIS is that Butch was presenting this in two different ways to two different groups. It'll probably take a while for me to move past that distinction (especially when I just realized that he has yet to addressed peoples' concerns about the way he was talking about media influencing suicide, so...I guess it will be a while.) Hopefully, how he is clarifying this project to us now is 100% true.

Edited by Steel Sponge

I don't really buy it, but I can see why others will and I will absolutely not stop them. You can still enjoy Butch's work with all of this stuff going on, and I'll still watch Danny Phantom every once in a blue moon as I normally do, but I don't believe he's completely redeemed because this does not change the fact he shadily asked people for money, the fact he has a giant ego, and all the horrible shit he said about depressed people in that dreaded video that came out a week ago or so, and what he's said about introverted people. It just doesn't change a ton of things he said in the past, the letter's mostly about OAXIS not being faith-based, which I'll buy. Basically, I think that while it's good he's clarifying that OAXIS isn't faith-based, it just doesn't redeem a lot of the awful things he has done and said that has come out over the last week, but also I don't want to tell people that they shouldn't buy this and that they shouldn't enjoy Butch's work ever again. Enjoy what you want, I'd feel like a complete ass if I did otherwise.