• Advertisement

Discuss Your Latest Cinema Experience

Joker

A thread to discuss the recent works of cinema you have watched.  Keep this as sort of a log of films you've watched if you want.

for example:

"I saw The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature.  It sucked my nuts.  the end."

C I N E M A

Last movie I saw was The Hitman's Bodyguard.  Didn't think it was all that bad.  Yeah it was riddled with overdone cliches but the chemistry between Samuel L Jackson and Ryan Reynolds more than made up for the many flaws this movie had.  Overall, an okay movie that I'm glad I saw, but don't really have any desire to rewatch it again soon.

• Like 1

Last film I saw in theaters was Dunkirk. Man, this was a perfect movie to see on the big screen. Stunning visuals and sound production made me feel like I was actually in the war :Laugh:  I actually didn't mind that there wasn't a ton of character depth or dialogue because it was such a well-made story of soldiers just trying to survive. Plus my boo Harry Styles can act.

I went to see it at 1:30 in the afternoon a few weeks ago and there were a lot of older people in their 50s/60s/maybe even 70s approximately. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a World War II movie would attract that demographic, but I felt like the only young person there :P Maybe the time of day had something to do with it too since more people tend to see films during the evening.

• Like 2