• Advertisement

Passengers

BoJack Horseman

Ughh, I really wanted to like this, but it's so problematic. The premise is the male lead forcibly subjecting the female lead to a 90 year death sentence against her consent because he's lonely? This is supposed to be romantic? In 2016? The 'Titanic' of a new generation? No. You can miss me with this one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, teenjingle said:

Ughh, I really wanted to like this, but it's so problematic. The premise is the male lead forcibly subjecting the female lead to a 90 year death sentence against her consent because he's lonely? This is supposed to be romantic? In 2016? The 'Titanic' of a new generation? No. You can miss me with this one.

When I heard about that I was so disappointed and a little grossed out. Ugh. I was looking forward to this but after what I've found out about it, no thanks.

Spoiler

I also read a review that said there's one person of color in the film who basically exists to be killed off so yikes

• Like 1

I just got back from seeing this and yeah this was fucking terrible.  I love Chris Pratt and I love Jennifer Lawrence but this is, without a doubt, career worst roles for them.  Yeah the two have pretty solid chemistry together, but this doesn't change the fact that the writing is seriously some of the worst I've seen all year for any movie.  This movie managed to make one of the most likeable leads in Chris Pratt an irredeemable creep while making Jennifer Lawrence's character weak willed by making her an ad for Stockholm Syndrome.  What's even more insulting is that every single time they fucking bring up this disgusting plot, they drop the ball even further by bringing up even more plot points to STILL try and push that Chris Pratt's character is a "nice guy/hero" and J-Law is in love with him.  Like...no.  Romance doesn't work that way.  How could they fuck up the tone THIS BADLY?

Oh and Kat's spoiler is absolutely true.  Makes me question what sort of sick assholes wrote this script that they overlook such hideous oversights.

i haven't seen the movie, but from what I've heard, the ending is completely different from the leaked script...

Spoiler

script ending: katniss n star lord ejects all pods, leaving the 50,000 passengers to die out in space lol. Katniss being able to be put back into hibernation is not present in the script. They repopulate the ship with a sperm/ova bank I think.

Idk if it could make the movie any better with this ending tho.

Edited by Forest

2 minutes ago, Forest said:

i haven't seen the movie, but from what I've heard, the ending is completely different from the leaked script...

Hide contents

katniss n star lord ejects all pods, leaving the 50,000 passengers to die out in space lol. Katniss being able to be put back into hibernation is not present in the script. They repopulate the ship with a sperm/ova bank I think.

Idk if it could make the movie any better with this ending tho.

That ending actually sounds worse tbh

1 hour ago, Merry Swiftmas said:

That ending actually sounds worse tbh

Spoiler

It's better than Jen choosing to stay with Chris even though she got another chance to live her life the way she wanted to tbh