• Advertisement

Power Rangers: Multiverse Force

Cluck Fu!

It was a rather bright afternoon in the floating city of Coastal Falls: school had omly let out an hour or so ago, and not too much was going on. At the Coastal Falls Gymnasium and Cafe, our heroes, the five Power Rangers, were doing various things. Naruto was practicing karate/boxing, Usagi was reading a manga, Toby was busy writing a book report, Lettuce sat at the lunch counter sipping a vanilla shake with a chocolate swirl, and Pinkie Pie was balancing on a beam...with her nose. The silence that had pervaded was broken with a loud sigh, then a groan from Toby as he put down the pen that he'd been writing with. Out of concern for his friend, Lettuce stopped sipping his shake, and walked over to the table where Toby was sitting. Making sure to sit next to Toby so that they could speak at eye level, the avian looked at the human boy. "What's the matter?" Lettuce asked. "Having trouble with that report?" 

"Yeah..." Toby admitted, looking guiltily at Lettuce. "The assignment says to analyze the major themes of Beowulf, but I don't know what the themes are."

Lettuce looked at the book sitting next to Toby's pen and paper, and frowned slightly. "This is actually pretty easy when you think about it, Toby." To illustrate his point, Lettuce grabbed the tome and began flipping through it. "The major themes of Beowulf are establishing identity, the clashes between the Germanic hero's code and other value systems, and the differences between being a good warrior and a good king." He then put the book back where it was, and looked at Toby. "Think you've got it now?" Toby nodded, quickly writing down the main points that Lettuce explained. 

Lettuce, satisfied with his work, went back to his seat. He was about to start drinking his shake once again, when who should show up but Bash Buzzard and Smash Swallow? The two were dressed in white T-shirts, black leather jackets, and torn blue jeans. Smirking, Bash took a seat next to Lettuce, and promptly tipped the penguin's shake over, causing it to spill onto the floor. Smash, on the other hand, strutted up to Pinkie and startled the mare, causing her to fall of the balance beam. Naruto and Usagi stopped what they were doing, and got up in case things got out of hand. "Well, well, well, if it isn't the Loser's Club." Bash taunted. 

"Well, well, well, it if isn't the Moron Brothers." Lettuce retorted. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, we were just in the neighborhood," Bash replied, his smirk growing wider. "and we thought we'd pay a visit to our dearest friends."

"And potential dates." Smash said, looking at Pinkie.

This caused the mare to place her hoof on her nose and pretend to throw up. "No thanks!" she replied, but Smash was not fazed by this. Naruto, tired of this already, stepped forward.

"Hey, guys, why don't you leave us alone?" the blonde ninja asked, aiming his gaze at Bash.

"Oh, lookie here, Smash." Bash taunted. "The blondie here thinks he's such a big man. Why don't we show him who's boss?" Smash nodded, and grinned. At this point, Bash slowly got up, but before he could indulge in some pounding (a risky move, comsidering he and Smash were outnumbered), he slipped and fell onto the floor, his face plunging into the spilled shake from earlier. This caused Smash to point and laugh as Bash slowly got up, obviously not pleased. Seeing how angry his friend was, Smash immediately shut up. 

"Let's go, Smash." Bash stated, his mood soured. "I gotta go wash off this ice cream." As soon as the two left, Usagi breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness they're gone." she said, going back to reading her manga. "I really didn't want to hurt them if it came down to it."

"Same here." Naruto agreed. Pinkie got back up, and onto the balance beam once again, using her nose. This caught Naruto's attention, and he decided that he might as well ask what was on everyone's mind. "Hey, Pinkie?"

"Yeah?" the pony asked, her focus not seeming to dim. 

"How are you doing that?" Naruto replied. "Y'know...balancing on that beam with your nose?"

"Oh, it's pretty easy. You just have to focus." Pinkie answered. "See how I'm not swaying or falling over?" Naruto nodded. 

Meanwhile, far above Core Earth, Emperor Diabolica watched the whole scene unfold via the magic screen Circe had conjured up for him. "Hmmm..." the Tauran overlord mused. "It seems that when the Power Rangers work together, they are able to defeat our monsters every time. BAH! I AM SICK OF IT! CAN'T YOU IDIOTS DO ANYTHING RIGHT!?"

After a bit of pondering, General Baphomet came up with an idea. "My Emperor," he began with a devious grin on his face. "What if we created a Bloodbeast that had all the strength of the Power Rangers combined?"

"Yessss..." Vipera agreed. "That way we could take down all five of thossse pitiful ssspandex-sssuited heroesss at once!"

"Ooh, I like it!" Circe and Kraky agreed in unison. 

"Then it is settled." Diabolica proclaimed. "DRAKO! CREATE A BLOODBEAST, PRONTO!"

From within his chambers, Drako wheezed a bit. "Right away, my lord. I actually have a monster saved for a rainy day such as this one." With that, Drako moved to one of the many shelves containing statuette templates for Bloodbeasts and began to search for the one that he needed. After a bit, the draconic lizard found the template that he was looking for. Placing what looked like a statuette of a chicken dressed in ninja garb on the platform above the cauldron, Drako opened the blood vial compsrtment and took out a container, splashing onto the statuette. In a matter of minutes, the template slowly transformed into a large bird dressed in black. "The Kickin' Chicken, my lord." Drako proclaimed. "He has the strength of all five Power Rangers combined, along with lightning speed and deadly accuracy in weapons." 

"Excellent." Diabolica concluded, as the Chicken showed off his moves, much to the misfortune of the surrounding Imps. Silently looking at the Chicken, Diabolica gave a nod. As if understanding, the bird-monster teleported down to Coastal Falls without a word. 

Meanwhile, the Rangers had decided to take a break from their various activities to relax a bit. Naruto smiled at his friends, glad to be spending time with them. Their peace was interrupted, however, by the familiar beep beep ba-ba-beep beep of their Power Watches. Silently urging his teammates to move to a quiet and safe place to communicate with the Command Center, Naruto walked to a quiet and unassuming corner of the gym. "What's going on, Omnus?" the Red Ranger asked. 

"Emperor Diabolica has sent down a new monster, along with a squadron of Imps. Go investigate, and see what you can find out about this being.

"...Again?" Lettuce complained. "We face a new monster almost every week!"

"No time for complaints!" Naruto replied. "It's morphin' time!"

"MULTIVERSE, SAVE CORE EARTH!" the five shouted in unison.

"TRICERATOPS!"

"ANKYLOSAURUS!"

"STEGOSAURUS!"

"HADROSAURUS!"

"TYRANNOSAURUS!"

Now morphed, the Rangers teleported to a park where the Kickin' Chicken was waiting with the Imps. Though they could not understand his clucking, his intonation made it clear what the monster was trying to say. "Well, if it isn't the Power Rangers." the Chicken greeted. "I hope you like being destroyed!" And with that, the Imps charged, and the Rangers got into fighting positions. Naruto began fighting with several punches and kicks, Lettuce launched into kickboxing-style moves, Toby began doing several Pokemon-inspired attacks, Pinkie began bucking with her hooves, and Usagi improvised with several flips and kicks. The Imps went down with ease, and the Chicken stepped forward. 

"So," the Chicken clucked. "It seems you've defeated my Imps, but can you defeat ME?!"

"...What did he say?" Lettuce questioned, looking at Naruto. 

"Does it look like I speak poultry?" Naruto shot back. This earned him silence from Lettuce, who gave a deadpan glare underneath his helmet. 

"Forget I said anyth-NARUTO, LOOK OUT!" Lettuce shouted, as the Chicken came forward with twin katanas. Naruto had very little time to react, as he was knocked back, an explosion occuring behind him. Lettuce growled, and came at the Chicken with all of his might...only to be knocked back himself. Toby, Pinkie, and Usagi decided that they'd try and surround the ninja bird, only to-you guessed it-be knocked back. Satisfied that he (presumably) defeated the Rangers, the Kickin' Chicken began walking away, intent on continuing his Emperor's mission to conquer Core Earth. Naruto decided to get up, urging his team to do the same.

"...We can't let him, and Diabolica, win." the Red Ranger proclaimed. "That piece of chickenshit may have our strength, but he doesn't have POWER WEAPONS!"

"Right!" the others proclaimed as their weapons were summoned. The commotion caused the Chicken to slowly turn around...and he promptly laid an egg at the sight of the Rangers' Power Weapons. 

"All right, guys! Let's do this! FIRE BLADE!"

"WATER AX!"

"EARTH MACE!"

"WIND STAFF!"

"DIAMOND BOOMERANG!"

Each weapon struck the Chicken, indicated by colored slashes corresponding to the Ranger colors. Now weakened, the Chicken began shaking in fright, blubber-bawking as if pleading for the Rangers to stop. "All right, team! Let's finish him off!" Naruto stated, assembling the Power Blaster Cannon. With a single shot, the Chicken exploded into a mass of flames, with the Rangers standing victoriously behind it. 

Meanwhile, on the Diabolic, Emperor Diabolica was absolutely fuming. He snarled at Drako, his eerie white eyes full of rage. "I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT THE RANGERS WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DEFEAT THIS MONSTER!"

"Y-yes, I did." Drako stated. "To be fair, my Emperor, I didn't count on the Rangers using their Power Weapons." 

"BAH! INSOLENT FOOL, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!" the space demon shouted. "MUST I DO EVERYTHING MYSELF?! FORCES OF CHAOS, MAKE MY BLOODBEAST GROOOOW!" At Diabolica's urging, a red lightning bolt struck where the Kickin' Chicken once was, transforming the powerful poultry into a giant. At the sound of lightning hitting the earth, the Rangers slowly turned around.

"Ummm..." Lettuce stammered. "Anyone order the extra-large kung pao chicken?"

"...You know what this means?" Naruto rhetorically asked.

"Right!" the Rangers declared. "WE NEED DINOZORD POWER NOW!" At once, the Dinozords swiftly came, and the Rangers teleported into the cockpits.

"Red Ranger, locked on!" Naruto began.

"Ready, willing and abled!" Lettuce said. 

"I'm blue, da-ba-dee-da-ba-DIE!" Toby affirmed. 

"Yellow Ranger, ready to strike!" Usagi confirmed.

"Time to think pink!" Pinkie finished. 

Now that the Rangers were ready, the Multimegazord transformation sequence began, as affirmed by its computer. Once the transformation was complete, the Multimegazord faced the Kickin' Chicken, ready to fight. The Chicken unsheathed his swords once again, but this time combined them into one larger blade. 
"Think he wants a fair fight?" Toby asked.

"Yeah." Pinkie interjected. "Besides, he has a sword, we only have bare robot fists. We couldn't POSSIBLY beat him!"

"Pinkie has a point." Usagi agreed. 

"Right!" Naruto said. "SUMMON POWER SWORD!" And just like that, the sword landed in the Multimegazord's hands. "All right, chicken! You want a fair fight, so we'll give it to you!" The Chicken gave a simple nod, and charged at the Multimegazord, landing the first blow. This caused the robot to stumble backwards a bit, with sparks and some smoke coming from it. It still kept a firm grip on the Power Sword, however, and held it in its left hand while curling its fingers into a rather menacing fist. The sword struck the Kickin' Chicken, while at the same time punching him in the gut.

This caused the Chicken to fall backwards, tumbling to the ground. Getting up and dusting itself off, the monster launched a kick at the Multimegazord, which blocked the attack with the Power Sword. The robot countered with a punch with its right fist, knocking the Chicken down again. The Multimegazord then proceeded to jump on its opponent, knocking the wind of him. The Rangers then used the Multimegazord's free fist to punch their fowl opponent over...and over...and over again. Eventually, the Kickin' Chicken kicked the Multimegazord a second time, and proceeded to hold it down while he slashed at it. The Rangers took cover as lights blinked and sparks flew the from within cockpit of the mecha. 

"Naruto, what should we do?!" Usagi asked, frightened. 

"Hmmm...I have an idea: maybe we can use the thrusters to get out from the Chicken's hold, and then finish him off." Naruto said.

"I like it!" Toby said. "But we better hurry! He's breaking through the hull!"

Naruto nodded, pressing a button. "Activate thrusters!" From outside, the Kickin' Chicken felt something...rumbling...under him. Looking around and letting out a confused 'bawk?', the Chicken suddenly found himself sliding onto the ground, the bird found himself beak-to-foot with the Multimegazord, who promptly struck him with the Power Sword. The pent-up energies from the monster caused the creature to explode. 

Aboard the Diabolic, Emperor Diabolica's temper once again boiled over as he began to destroy whatever he came across, much to Drako's dismay. "MY ALCHEMY EXPERIMENTS! EMPEROR DIABOLICA, PLEASE CALM YOURSELF!"

Vipera snickered as she and Baphomet shared some popcorn (and a few kisses). "SHUT UP!" Diabolica shouted back at Drako. "I HAVE A HEADACHE!"

Meanwhile, back at the Coastal Falls Gym, the five Rangers had resumed their activities, with Toby finishing up his report before placing his folders in his backpack. "You know, guys..." he began. "I think there's a lesson to be learned here."

"Oh, really?" Lettuce teased. "And what would that be, smart guy?"

"I dunno." Toby said. 

"I think what Toby's trying to say is the lesson here is that with teamwork, we can stand up to any challenge." Usagi said. 

"Uh-huh!" Pinkie agreed, digging into a banana split. As she used a hoof to somehow pick up a spoon, the Dumbanic Duo of Bash and Smash returned.

"Oh, no..." Toby grumbled. "What do you guys want?" 

"We want payback for what happened earlier." Bash replied, grinning.

"Yeah, payback!" Smash parroted. 

"Wait, that was your fau-" Pinkie was immediately shut up by Lettuce placing his flipper over her mouth. 

"Go ahead...make our day." Lettuce said. Bash grinned, and was about to come at the penguin with a punch, but slipped on a banana peel and fell right into Pinkie's split. 

"Well, gee, Bash...if you wanted some of my ice cream, you shoulda just asked!" the pink pony said with a snort-giggle. This caused a chain reaction among the other Rangers, and they joined her in laughing.

• Like 2

This is a VERY special episode! Just in time for the holidays, and made just for you! It's also available as a featured story in the Snowcember 2016 Story Contest! Please read it there, to! / “The Fight Before Christmas!” / In an unusual departure, Alpha 8 can be heard narrating. Alpha 8 says: “Twas a week before Christmas, and all through Core Earth, creatures huddled together for comfort and warmth. People were getting ready, for good Santa Claus, as well as for shopping for others without a pause. And Lettuce was busy, making the stove very hot, he was about to make treats with his dad, Jacques Manchot!”

In a very heavy French accent, the middle-aged Orange penguin, Jacques says: “My son, are you ready to cook up some Christmas treats?!”

Lettuce says: “Born that way, Dad!”

Jacques says: “That's good! We've been hired by the Sugar Plum Fairy Company to cook up all the treats for their annual Nutcracker Suite pageant! We've got a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it! So I've got to ask you something; can you do it?!”

Lettuce says: “I can do it!”

Jacques shouts: “I can't HEAR you!”

Lettuce confidently shouts: “I CAN DO IT!”

Jacques says: “Than lets TOAST those marshmallows, bake those cookies, knead the dough, and sprinkle those sprinkles! Let's make some Christmas treats that people will tell their grandchildren about!”

Lettuce says: “That sounds like a plan, Dad!”

Alpha 8 narrates: “While Lettuce was busy cooking a lot, Toby was busy looking distraught! He was trying to buy something for his Mom, something very special, and filled with great charm!”

Toby says: “Usagi, I just don't think I'm going to FIND anything for my mother in time for us to enjoy Christmas!”

Usagi says: “You certainly WON'T if you think like that!”

Toby asks: “Well how am I SUPPOSED to think, then?!”

Usagi says: “Try thinking like your MOM would think! We're in the BIGGEST mall in Core Earth! What would your Mom like more than ANYTHING else in the world?!”

Toby says: “Obviously, she'd like my DAD back, but I don't think THAT'S going to happen anytime soon!”

Usagi says: “I meant BESIDES a miracle! What does your Mom go for?”

Toby says: “Well, back when I was a Pokemon Trainer, my Mom was always THRILLED whenever my Meowth found a shiny nugget or something like that! But my Pokemon are currently in Day Care right now, enjoying THEIR Christmas holiday, so that's out of the question. Besides, I don't want to get just any OLD thing! It should be something special and heartfelt, something that would show her that I care about her more than anything else in the world!”

Usagi asks: “Well, what would THAT be?!”

Toby stops, and REALLY thinks about it, and he says: “Well for one thing she...well, sometimes she...there must be SOMETHING special that she wants!”

Usagi says: “It can't be THAT hard! Just PICK something! I do ALL of my shopping needs right here! And with my help, your mother will look...FABULOUS!!!! This Christmas season!”

Toby chuckles and says: “My mother may be a LOT of things, but she isn't what I would call FABULOUS! Glamorous, possibly, but not fabulous! OH, MY, Celebi!”

Usagi asks: “What is it?!”

Toby points and says: “The Turbo Kitchen 3,000! The World's First and GREATEST Robot Cook! I thought it was just a rumor, but it looks like they FINALLY built it! That little baby can cook foods in 1/10th of the time that it takes a human to cook food!”

Usagi waves her hands in front of Toby's eyes, and she says: “Hold your jets, Turbo boy! Check out that things PRICE tag, first!”

Toby looks and shouts: “$3,000?! No WONDER they call it the Turbo Kitchen 3,000, I can't AFFORD that! My mother ALWAYS told me to save SOME of my Pokemon Winnings for a rainy day, but NO!!!! I just HAD to have the strongest Aipompom on the block!”

Usagi sighs and says: “Just let it go, Toby. Maybe you can get your Mom a gift card!”

Toby gets determined and says: “I'm not giving up THAT easily! Where there's a will, there's a way! Come on, let's go see Naruto and the others! I'm sure THEY can help us!”

Usagi sighs and says: “The things I do to help you! Anything to stay on the Nice List!”

Alpha 8 narrates and says: “Toby was broke and was strapped for some cash. He needed some money, and he needed it fast! So off to the Juice Bar, dashed Usagi and Toby, to find out the perfect Robot buying strategy!”

Naruto says: “Now THIS is how you deck the halls with boughs of holly, Pinkie!”

Pinkie says: “Back where I come from, we had a holiday similar to this called Hearth-Warming Eve!”

Naruto says: “Back where YOU came from, you had a purple dragon for a best friend, and some type of GRIFFIN with VERY questionable motives!”

Pinkie says: “That doesn't mean that I can't decorate!”

Naruto says: “I've already got the tinsel, the Christmas tree, the blinking lights, and the strings of popcorn. What else do we need?!”

Pinkie asks: “How about some MISTLETOE?!!!”

Bash Buzzard asks: “Did somebody ask for MISTLETOE?!”

And Bash and Smash walk into the Juice Bar! Pinkie groans and says: “Oh, GREAT! If isn't the GHOSTS of Christmas Past AND Present!”

Smash Swallow says: “We happen to be VERY helpful elves this season, and we heard you were interested in Mistletoe.”

Naruto asks: “Do you HAVE any mistletoe?”

Bash Buzzard says: “As a matter of fact, we do!”

Naruto asks: “How much do you ask for it?”

Bash Buzzard says: “If Pinkie Pie acts NOW, she can get it for a VERY low rate!”

Pinkie's left eye twitches a little, and she says: “I'm afraid to ask, but what rate are you talking about?”

Smash Swallow smiles and says: “Just one little kiss, Pinkie, that's all I ask!”

Pinkie disgustedly says: “Not even to STAY on the Nice List!”

BlackHawk walks in and says: “And quite frankly, it's NOT nice at all!”

Bash Buzzard nervously says: “Hi, BlackHawk! We were just THINKING about you!”

BlackHawk sarcastically says: “I'm SURE you were! Do you REMEMBER that little talk we had, about NOT extorting Mistletoe for kisses?”

Smash Swallow looks unsure and says: “Yes.”

BlackHawk seriously says: “OKAY...and do you remember what my policy WAS on doing that?!”

Bash Buzzard thinks about it and says: “To NOT do it?!”

BlackHawk smiles and says: “That's RIGHT! So what do we do?”

Smash Swallow sighs in defeat and says: “Sell it for $5 like we're supposed to?”

BlackHawk pats Smash Swallow on the shoulder and says: “That's PRECISELY the answer I WANTED to hear!”

Lettuce walks in and says: “I'll pay for it! $5, right?”

BlackHawk smirks and says: “As a matter of fact, Smash Swallow had some Mistletoe ready JUST for you!”

Smash Swallow frowns and says: “But I...”

BlackHawk seriously says: “Remember the elves motto?”

Bash Buzzard says: “We don't accept bribes to get onto the Nice List?!”

BlackHawk rolls his eyes and says: “Besides that!” And Bash, Smash, and BlackHawk simultaneously say: “The money is always right!”

Smash groans and says: “FINE!!!!” And Lettuce hands Smash $5, and Smash hands him the Mistletoe!

Lettuce romantically says: “Pinkie, look who's standing under the mistletoe?!”

Pinkie romantically says: “Now YOU, I can kiss!” And they share a tender kiss!

Naruto sighs, and silently says to himself: “Girls ALWAYS for the Green Ranger!”

Toby and Usagi run in, and Toby says: “I'm glad YOU'RE here! We need to talk!”

BlackHawk says: “And Bash and Smash, you need to LEAVE! You've got a mistletoe selling quota to fill if you want to become Good Elves this season!”

Smash gets irritated and says: “Fine! Can't believe this! I can't even get a Kiss for Christmas! Is one kiss too much to ask for?!” And Bash and Smash walk out in a huff!

Usagi says: “Thank you for sending them away.”

BlackHawk says: “Just be thankful it's Christmas time, and that they are actually TRYING to be on their best behavior!”

Naruto says: “Believe me, we're thankful!”

Toby says: “I need some help! I want to buy my mom the Turbo Kitchen 3,000! The only problem is, that it costs $3,000!”

Pinkie says: “Your mother's going to be VERY disappointed when she finds out that her son is a cheapskate!”

Toby says: “I'm NOT a cheapskate, I just don't HAVE $3,000!”

BlackHawk says: “Put it on a credit card!”

Toby says: “I don't HAVE a credit card!”

BlackHawk says: “Than I'm out of ideas!”

Naruto says: “This is your MOM we're talking about, right? If she REALLY loves you like I THINK she does, than she'll appreciate ANYTHING you give her!”

Pinkie says: “If you don't give your mom her heart's desire, she'll hate you for the REST of her life! Maybe even longer!”

BlackHawk says: “I highly DOUBT that his mother would HATE him! Maybe she will be very disappointed, but she shouldn't HATE him! I certainly wouldn't!”

Lettuce says: “You're over-thinking this. I mean, this is the HOLIDAY season! It's the perfect time to make extra money to buy Christmas gifts!”

BlackHawk says: “Take Bash and Smash for instance. They're selling Mistletoe in order to become Good Elves and qualify for Santa's Good List this year.”

Usagi says: “Good idea, BlackHawk. Toby, you should take some odd jobs. You're ODD, AND you also can do JOBS!”

Toby asks: “You mean actually WORK to EARN the money for the Turbo Kitchen 3,000?”

Naruto says: “It's just a concept.”

Toby says: “Well, I suppose there are HARDER ways to get a Turbo Kitchen 3,000...none come to MIND, right now!”

Pinkie says: “I'll look in the 'Help Wanted' Ads Online!”

BlackHawk says: “And I've got a catalog of jobs with the Good Elf Program! There's probably something you can do that's very easy, and will earn you some much needed cash!”

Toby says: “That sounds like a plan! It's time for Operation, Make My Mom HAPPY!!!!”

Usagi sighs and says: “The things I do to stay on the Nice List this year!”

Alpha 8 narrates and says: “Everyone down on Core Earth likes Christmas a lot, but Emperor Diabolica, who lives just ABOVE Core Earth, does NOT! He HATES Christmas, the WHOLE Christmas season! Please don't ask why, no one QUITE knows the reason! It could be because that his armor is too tight. It could be because his head isn't screwed on just right. But I think that the most likely reason of all, is the Emperor's heart, is five sizes too small. But whatever the reason, his armor, or his head, Emperor Diabolica was filled with MUCH dread! For he knew that on Core Earth, for everybody beneath, everyone was busy now, hanging a Christmas Day wreath!”

Emperor Diabolica GRABS Kraky, and the Emperor says: “And they're hanging those STOCKINGS!”

Alpha 8 narrates: “He snarled with a sneer.”

Emperor Diabolica says: “Next week will be Christmas, it's PRACTICALLY here!”

Alpha 8 narrates: “And Emperor Diabolica stood there, with his fingers nervously drumming.

Emperor Diabolica says: “We MUST find some way to keep Christmas from COMING! For next week, I know that all the girls and the boys, they'll race for their toys, and OH! The NOISE! The NOISE! The NOISE! If there's one thing I HATE, it's all the NOISE! The NOISE! The NOISE! And they'll be spinning around, on their brand new train wheels, or dancing around on some fancy high heels! And they'll be playing that stupid game called Jai Alai, that game that came from Tron that I just want to DIE! They'll bang their drums, they'll blow their whistles, they'll play their tubas, they'll clash their cymbals! And they'll play other instruments, too numerous too mention! The likes of which can DEFY definition! Then everyone young and old, will sit down to a feast. And they'll feast, AND they'll FEAST! And they'll feast, Feast, FEAST!!!! They'll feast on Christmas Pudding and RARE Christmas Roast BEAST!!!! Roast Beast is a FEAST I can't STAND in the LEAST!!!! And then, they'll do something I HATE most of all! Everyone on Core Earth, the tall and the small, will gather together, with fireworks exploding, and bells that are ringing! And they will all, they will ALL start SINGING! And they'll sing, and they'll Sing, and they'll SING, SING, SING!!!!”

Alpha 8 narrates: “And the more Emperor Diabolica thought about this whole Christmas day sing, the more Emperor Diabolica thought...”

Emperor Diabolica says: “We must STOP this WHOLE thing! (Emperor Diabolica THROWS Kraky into a bathtub filled with bathtub bubbles). Why, for 53 DAYS we've put up with it NOW! We must find a way to keep Christmas from COMING!!!! But HOW?!!!”

Kraky gets out of the bathtub, but his face is covered with bubbles, looking a LOT like Santa's beard and Santa's hat! Alpha 8 narrates: “Than he got an idea, an AWFUL idea! Emperor Diabolica got a WONDERFULLY, HORRIBLE, AWFUL idea!”

Emperor Diabolica says: “I know JUST what to do!”

Alpha 8 narrates: “The evil villain cackled in his throat!”

Emperor Diabolica says: “We'll make an EVIL Santa Villain complete with a COAT!”

Drako exclaims: “What a great villainous trick! With our yuletide villain, we'll replace Old Saint Nick!” Drako grabs an unusual GREEN Colored vial of blood, and he THROWS it down to the ground! A very EVIL Elf, with his face all distorted, wrinkled, and yellow eyes, dressed up ALL in black coat and pants, having white beard and white hair, with a big, gray bag, appears in front of the villains.

Baphomet says: “This looks promising!”

The Evil Elf says: “Cursed Kringle is my name! Ruining holidays is my game!”

Emperor Diabolica says: “Perfect! Than you can use your wicked skills to DESTROY the Power Rangers ONCE and for all!”

Cursed Kringle chuckles and says: “Actually, I have a BETTER idea!”

Vipera sarcastically says: “Oh, I'm SO sure! And what would THAT be?!”

Cursed Kringle evilly says: “THIS!!!!”

And he SHOOTS a bunch of ENCHANTED Tinsel and popcorn string, and TRAPS all the other villains within a diabolical SNARE!

Circe says: “What gives?! We can't MOVE!”

Cursed Kringle says: “And you will CONTINUE to not MOVE unless you do what I WANT!!!! I've been observing you from within my blood vial, Emperor Diabolica, and quite frankly, I find your methods for bringing chaos and destruction to Core Earth to be PATHETIC, and more importantly, lacking in ORIGINALITY!”

Emperor Diabolica says: “And just what makes YOU so sure that YOU can succeed where my other monsters have not?!”

Cursed Kringle chuckles and says: “The thing about gift-giving, is that it's the THOUGHT that counts! And obviously, thinking isn't your STRONG point!”

Emperor Diabolica evilly says: “If you THINK that I'm going to let YOU usurp ME; you're in for a world of HURT!!!!” And Emperor Diabolica ZAPS Cursed Kringle with laser eyes, but it only makes the Evil Elf laugh!

Cursed Kringle chuckles: “Ho, ho, ho, ho! Stop that, it TICKLES!!!!” Emperor Diabolica stops, and Cursed Kringle says: “MY turn!!!!” And Cursed Kringle shoots holiday magic from his fingers, and TRAPS Emperor Diabolica inside a tiny, holiday snow globe!

In a tiny, Chipmunk voice, Emperor Diabolica says: “Well, THIS is a fine predicament! Why does dependable evil help have to be SO hard to COME by these days?!”

Cursed Kringle seriously says: “Now the rest of you have a choice, you can either WORK for me, or you can join THIS insufferable Holiday Scrooge!”

In a tiny, Chipmunk voice, Emperor Diabolica says: “Minions, you BETTER get me OUT of here! DON'T listen to that big, gray BOOGER!!!! Don't even THINK about crossing me!”

Baphomet doesn't even blink and says: “We NEVER liked that little demon in the FIRST place!”

Vipera says: “Quite RIGHT, lover! HE stinks! Perhaps if we do well, Cursed Kringle will let us rule a WHOLE continent!”

Cursed Kringle puts the trapped Emperor Diabolica away and removes the magic tinsel and popcorn strings away from the other villains. Cursed Kringle says: “Very well then, here's my plan. We turn the LOVE that everyone HAS for their holiday presents, and TURN it into fear and HATE!!!! We'll ruin Christmas not just for the Power Rangers, but for EVERY stinking creature LIVING on Core Earth; and not even OMNUS can stop us! ALL will BOW before us!”

And Circe and Kraky clap with THUNDEROUS applause! Kraky says: “Now here's a guy that I can TRULY get behind!”

Drako sneaks to the trapped Emperor Diabolica, and Drako whispers: “Forgive me, Emperor! I've NEVER made a blood beast that was THIS evil and powerful before! I find a way to free you, someway, somehow! Just stay put!”

In a tiny, chipmunk voice, Emperor Diabolica says: “Stay put, now that's the MOST unnecessary thing that you could have POSSIBLY said to me!” /

Alpha 8 narrates: “While the evil Cursed Kringle worked on his scheme, Toby was busy working on a dream! To earn the money needed to buy a present, to show his mom, that he was truly very pleasant.”

Toby puts on some scuba gear, and says: “There are plenty of creatures living underwater, I'll sell some Christmas wreathes door to door to them!”

So Toby gets in the water, and winds up in Bikini Bottom, and begins taking his cart full of wreathes to the underwater creatures. Toby knocks on the first house, and asks: “Would you like to buy a nice, Christmas Wreath?”

Mrs. Puff says: “It's not even Thanksgiving down HERE yet! By the time Christmas comes, all the needles would be falling off!”

Toby thinks about it, and says: “Don't hang a Christmas Wreath with a turkey, then.” /

Toby knocks on another door, and asks: “Would you like to buy a Christmas Wreath?”

Pearl says: “It isn't even Thanksgiving here, yet!”

Toby thinks about it, and asks: “Would you like to buy a Thanksgiving Day Wreath, then?” And Pearl just slams the door in front of him. /

Toby knock on a third house, and asks: “Would you like to buy a Christmas Wreath?”

Patrick asks: “Don't you REALIZE what you're doing? Don't you realize that you're just ADDING to the over-commercialization of Christmas?!”

Toby says: “Not until I actually SELL one, I won't!” /

Toby knocks on a fourth house, and asks: “Would you like to buy a Christmas Wreath?”

Squidward screams: “NO!!!!” And he slams the door!

Toby says: “Well, Merry Christmas anyways, sir. 'God bless us, everyone,' said Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol, and joy to the World. RATS!!!!” /

Toby returns to the surface to get some fresh Christmas wreathes, and Pinkie Pie appears. Pinkie asks: “What are you up to, Toby?”

Toby says: “I'm TRYING to sell Christmas wreathes, door to door!”

Pinkie smirks and she says: “So, you decided to get on that BIG, Christmas band-wagon, huh?! Going after those BIG, Holiday BUCKS, right?!” And Toby gets BACK into the water! Pinkie yells: “Do you NEED any HELP?!” /

Toby and Pinkie are now BOTH outfitted with scuba gear, and they walk to a PINEAPPLE under the sea, and ring the doorbell. Spongebob AND Sandy come to the door. Pinkie says: “Good morning, sir. Ask your wife if she would like to buy a Christmas Wreath.”

Spongebob says: “Okay!”

Pinkie says: “Tell her they were made from the famous forests of Lebanon. You can read about them in the second chapter, in the second book of Chronicles. If you buy TWO, we'll throw in an autographed photo of King Solomon!” /

Toby pulls Pinkie aside, and he angrily says: “You CAN'T tell people these wreathes were made from the Forests of LEBANON! That's LYING!!!!”

Toby and Pinkie walk BACK to Spongebob's house, and Pinkie asks: “Good morning, sir, and ma'am. Would you like to buy some Christmas Wreathes, made from some JUNKY old branches that Toby found in a Christmas Tree LOT?! You WOULDN'T, would you? And I can't say I blame you! SEE?! YOUR way DOESN'T work, EITHER!”

Toby loses it, and yells: “THESE Christmas Wreathes AREN'T made from some junky old branches that I found in a Christmas Tree LOT!!!!”

Pinkie says: “Well, you could have told me that EARLIER, I'm NOT a MIND reader, you know!” /

Toby and Pinkie return to the Juice Bar, dejected and defeated. Naruto asks: “Did you guys hit a home run?”

Toby says: “We didn't even get up to bat! Everyone either already HAS a Christmas Day Wreath, or they don't want one.”

Lettuce says: “It's too bad, you're not working with my dad, Jacques Manchot. His cooking skills are unmatched in the world of Core Earth!”

Usagi says: “At this rate, you're just not going to be able to purchase the Turbo Kitchen 3,000. If you had some REAL talents, you'd be able to EARN that money. But, you don't!”

Toby says: “Training Pokemon IS a talent!”

Usagi rolls her eyes and says: “Besides that, what could you do to EARN money?!”

BlackHawk runs in and says: “Thank goodness, you guys are here! Toby, I believe I have found an answer to your money problems!”

Toby asks: “It's not going to involve stopping Team Rocket, is it? I've already DONE that!”

BlackHawk says: “Never heard of THEM, but this SHOULD be a SNAP for you! Uh, you DO have good acting skills, RIGHT?!”

Toby says: “I once played a tree in my school's third grade, Elementary School, once.”

BlackHawk sighs and says: “Close enough! The Good Elf Company is REALLY in a bind! Their Lead Star for the rendition of A Christmas Carol, just dropped out! I WOULD do it, but I already promised to do all the lights and sound effects! This role isn't an unpaid role, either, they'd pay you well!”

Naruto asks: “How well?”

BlackHawk says: “Precisely $3,000; and Twenty-five cents!”

Pinkie asks: “Didn't I tell YOU to expect a Christmas Day miracle?! They ALWAYS happen in a Christmas Special like this!”

Usagi asks: “A Christmas Special like WHAT?!!!”

Pinkie chuckles and asks: “Nothing!”

Toby sighs, and says: “Look, you guys. I know about as MUCH of A Christmas Carol as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure if acting is really me!”

BlackHawk firmly grabs Toby, and BlackHawk says: “Look at me, Toby, look at me! You'll be going out on that stage a Pokemon trainer, but you're GOING to come back a STAR! Now, who's a star?!”

Toby, unsure, says: “I'm a star.”

BlackHawk shouts: “WHO'S a star?!”

Toby says, louder: “I'M a star!”

BlackHawk says: “Than, as they say in show business, break a leg! I'll be expecting you at the auditorium later, for rehearsals!” And BlackHawk leaves the Juice Bar.

Usagi asks: “Toby, what have you gotten yourself into?”

Toby says: “I can DO this! I mean, if we can fight a monster like, every OTHER week of the year, acting in A Christmas Carol should be no real problem!”

Lettuce says: “Besides, my dad and I are CATERING the event!”

Naruto says: “And we'll ALL be there to support you, to make it better!”

Pinkie says: “Or potentially worse! You never know how these things go!”

Usagi sighs and says: “Come on, Toby. We better run to the library to see if they've got any copies of A Christmas Carol left, you need to brush up on your lines if you're going to play Ebeneezer Scrooge!”

Toby asks: “I have to play the curmudgeon that everybody HATES?!”

Lettuce says: “BlackHawk DID say the LEAD role, and Scrooge IS the central character in A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens!”

Toby sighs and says: “The things I do to buy my mom a Turbo Kitchen 3,000!”

Usagi says: “And the things I DO to help make sure that you can BUY it!” /

Alpha 8 narrates and says: “While Toby was preparing, getting ready for the play, Cursed Kringle was making the most, of a very evil day!”

Cursed Kringle CHUCKLES evilly as Emperor Diabolica's evil base has now been transformed into a TWISTED version of Santa's workshop! Cursed Kringle says: “Excellent! With these toys of destruction and terror, nobody will EVER want to celebrate Christmas again!”

Vipera smirks and says: “Turning something small and harmless, into something powerful and paralyzing?! It's DEMENTED! I LOVE it when things get demented!”

Baphomet romantically says: “And whatever YOU love, I love as well!”

Vipera says: “When we get control of Australia, we'll turn it into our own private hunting grounds, and roam for rare, Intergalactic species, to make extinct for an ETERNITY!”

Baphomet says: “I LIKE the way you think!”

Meanwhile, while Cursed Kringle is busy focusing on the evil toy making, Drako is FRANTICALLY busy trying to FREE Emperor Diabolica from his snow globe prison!

In a tiny, chipmunk voice, Emperor Diabolica shouts: “Try the hammer! (SMASH!!!!) Try the sword! (CLANG!!!!) Try the AK-47!” (Rat-a-tat-tat-tat!)

Cursed Kringle shouts: “DRAKO; what are you doing over there?!”

Drako frantically stops and quickly says: “Just, thinking about how NICE it would be to make some nice milk and cookies to celebrate your impending victory?”

Cursed Kringle says: “I DO love me some milk and cookies! (Claps his hands) Circe, Kraky, go make me some milk and cookies!”

Kraky and Circe simultaneously say: “Sir, yes sir!”

Cursed Kringle turns away again, and Emperor Diabolica, in a tiny, chipmunk voice, shouts: “Try the FLAMETHROWER!” (BLAST!!!!) /

Alpha 8 narrates, and says: “While the evil villains worked and toiled away, I was busy preparing for MY Christmas day!” The action opens up on the Command Center, and it looks all festive and ready for Christmas!

Alpha 8 says: “I just so ENJOY this time of year!”

Omnus says: “As do I, Alpha. We've worked very hard to get some time off.”

Alpha 8 says: “Maybe Santa got my wish list, and will give me that MRS. Alpha 8 that I've always been asking for! A guy can DREAM, can't he?”

Omnus chuckles and he says: “He certainly can!”

Alpha 8 says: “Still, Core Earth has been a little TOO quiet for my tastes! I better run another scan on Emperor Diabolica's base, just to make sure that they are not PLANNING anything, over there!”

Omnus says: “Good idea, Alpha. It's always a good idea to be on guard!”

Alpha 8 pushes some buttons, and is ALARMED by the results that show on screen!

Alpha 8 says: “Aye-yai-yai-yai-yai! Something is terribly WRONG with Emperor Diabolica's base!”

Omnus asks: “What would that be?”

Alpha 8 says: “Emperor Diabolica has temporarily been disposed of, he's been trapped by one of his own blood beasts! Who knows what trouble this could spell?”

Omnus says: “I sense some very evil holiday magic radiating from Emperor Diabolica's palace. You better contact the Rangers and put them on alert!”

Alpha 8 groans, and says: “Oh, why can't evil EVER take a HOLIDAY?!” /

At the auditorium, Toby is busy practicing his lines. Toby says: “Bah, humbug! BAH, humbug!”

Pinkie says: “Pretty convincing, Toby! You could probably give Discord a run for his money in the malevolence department!”

Naruto says: “Except he only has to ACT, malevolent! Not actually BE, malevolent!”

Pinkie rolls her eyes and says: “I know that!”

BlackHawk claps his hands and says: “Okay, I think we've got the first act down good enough! We better get moving to the second act, with the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future!”

Lettuce turns to Pinkie, and he says: “Three guesses as to who the Ghosts of Christmas Past and Present are, and the first two don't count!”

Pinkie says: “It could ONLY be THOSE two!” (Beep! Beep! Ba-Beep! Beep! Beep!)

BlackHawk says: “WOAH! Retro RING tone!”

Naruto gets up and says: “I'm SO sorry, I thought I turned that off! Come on, let's go OUTSIDE and make sure ALL our cell phones are turned off! Keep up the good work, Toby, you're doing great!”

Toby says: “Thanks, I guess!” /

Naruto, Lettuce, Pinkie, and Usagi all duck outside, and Usagi asks: “What's the situation, Alpha?”

Alpha 8 says: We have a bit of a crisis at Emperor Diabolica's secret base. The Emperor has been TRAPPED by one of his own blood-beasts, and it's become a SURGE of evil holiday magic!”

Lettuce asks: “Who is it THIS time?!” /

At the Command Center, the screen crackles, and Omnus says: “Hold on, we're receiving a transmission right now!”

The Evil Elf appears on-screen and says: “Greetings, Omnus! I'm your worst nightmare, Cursed Kringle! I have taken command of the operations, and I'm here to announce that Christmas will be CANCELLED this year! My army of evil toys and presents will be CRASHING the holiday festivities this year, UNLESS your Rangers agree to surrender their powers to me, than I will SPARE them and their families!”

Alpha 8 shudders and says: “You're INSANE, if you think that we would ACTUALLY believe you would EVER show any concern for anybody, or that the Rangers would EVER surrender to you!”

Cursed Kringle chuckles and says: “Maybe so, but my offer still stands! You have ONE hour to think it over! Farewell!” And the screen goes black!

Omnus says: “It's your call, Rangers. What do you make of the threat?”

Naruto says: “I say that Cursed Kringle is all talk, and no action; I'm calling his bluff! And if he wants to attack us, that suits us just fine! We'll defeat him like we do ANY monster Emperor Diabolica can come up with! We'll be prepared!”

Omnus says: “Very well, then. Stay on your guard, and may the power protect you.”

Pinkie says: “Will do, Omnus.” And the Rangers all turn their watches off.

Usagi groans and asks: “Can we JUST have a personal life?!”

Lettuce says: “Not in this line of work, we can't. Besides, you can't HONESTLY tell me that you'd rather be a girl with no superpowers at your disposal, can you?”

Usagi sighs, and says: “It's complicated.”

Naruto says: “Agreed, let's get back and watch how the rehearsals, go.” /

At Emperor Diabolica's secret base, Baphomet shakes his head, and says: “Cursed Kringle, I don't believe that the Rangers are going to surrender to you.”

Cursed Kringle groans and says: “They've ALWAYS got to do things the HARD way! Very well then, Vipera, come hither!”

Vipera asks: “What did you have in mind?”

Cursed Kringle says: “You take that Motorcycle of yours, and help me CRASH this little Christmas Play of the Rangers! Let's make it a play they will NEVER forget! Their LAST play, and my FIRST day, as the SUPREME ruler, of ALL Core Earth!”

Vipera exclaims: “Oh, YES!!!! And Baphomet and I will get to rule Australia?!”

Cursed Kringle seriously says: “Yes, and you and Baphomet will get to rule Australia!”

Vipera snaps her fingers, and her purple motorcycle appears by her side! Vipera says: “Let's go DESTROY some Power Rangers!” And Cursed Kringle disappears in a flurry of snow, while Vipera zooms off towards Earth!

Meanwhile, Drako is STILL busy trying to free the trapped Emperor Diabolica from his snow globe prison! In a tiny chipmunk voice, Emperor Diabolica shouts: “Try the jackhammer! (Rat-a-tat-tat-tat!) Try the buzz saw! (WHIR!!!!) Try the BAZOOKA!!!!” (BOOM!!!!)

Drako cries and says: “It's no USE!!!! I've tried and everything to free you, and nothing is working, I am an UTTER failure!!!!” And Drako SLAMS his hands on the table, but the strong force KNOCKS the snow globe OFF of the table, and it SMASHES on the floor, FREEING Emperor Diabolica from his prison!

Drako exclaims: “My Emperor! You're back to normal!”

In his normal voice, Emperor Diabolica says: “Yes, thanks only to YOU! Thank you for not being COMPLETELY useless, for once!”

Circe and Kraky get nervous, and Kraky says: “This is not good!”

Baphomet nervously says: “So, how was your Christmas vacation?” And Emperor Diabolica FIERCELY pounds Baphomet square in the head!

Emperor Diabolica screams: “THAT'S how my Christmas vacation was! That meddling, Cursed Kringle! He's gonna pay with his HEAD for this!”

Circe says: “But he and Vipera just went off to destroy the Rangers!”

Emperor Diabolica yells: “I don't CARE!!!! This is PERSONAL!!!! NOBODY crosses Emperor Diabolica without paying a price! Cursed Kringle must suffer a fate FAR worse than destruction by the Rangers, he must DIE by my OWN hands!!!! And Baphomet?!”

Baphomet gets up and asks: “What?”

Emperor Diabolica says: “Don't THINK that you AND Vipera aren't going to SUFFER for TRYING to double-cross me! You can expect me to come up with a SUITABLE punishment for the two of you, LATER!!!!”

Drako asks: “My sire, where are you going?”

Emperor Diabolica seriously says: “I'm going DOWN to Core Earth, and PERSONALLY end the LIFE of Cursed Kringle myself! Rangers, or NO Rangers!” And Emperor Diabolica disappears!

Kraky nervously says: “Oh, boy! This is going to get messy!” /

It's the opening evening of The Christmas Carol play, Toby's Mother and Lettuce's Father, Jacques Manchot, are there in attendance. Watching the play from the Command Center, are Alpha 8 and Omnus. Alpha 8 says: “I certainly love a good Christmas Play.”

Omnus says: “I sense that Cursed Kringle and Vipera are on their way, I can't contact the Rangers!”

Alpha 8 says: “They must have turned their watches off! I do hope this doesn't complicate things!” /

Toby sighs and says: “If only my father were alive, to see me now.”

BlackHawk says: “If your father were here, he'd be as proud of you as I am. You're going to do great, kid...boy...man! Just remember one little thing; if you start to get nervous, just imagine everyone in their underwear.”

Toby gets a disgusted look on his face and he says: “I don't WANT to imagine my mother in her underwear, okay?!”

BlackHawk says: “It's just a suggestion. Go knock them dead, star! Not literally, of course!”

The curtain opens up, and Lettuce is revealed to be the Narrator.

Lettuce says: “It was late Christmas Eve evening when Ebeneezer Scrooge went to bed, busy anticipating the arrival of the three Christmas spirits, as foretold to him by his late friend, Jacob Marley.” And Lettuce walks off the stage.

Toby says: “Bah, I wonder when the Ghost of Christmas Past is coming for me? I SAID; I WONDER when the Ghost of Christmas PAST is coming for me?!”

Bash Buzzard whispers: “Smash, that's your CUE?!”

Smash gets his fire costume on to represent the Ghost of Christmas Past, and he says: “Oh, right!” (SMASH!!!!) And just all of the sudden, a big, PURPLE motorcycle smashes through a window, being driven by Vipera, and Cursed Kringle appears in a flurry of a snow storm!

Toby KNOWS what this means, but STILL tries to act like this is part of the play, QUICKLY improvises! Toby says: “And what do I owe the appearance of TWO Christmas Spirits at the same time?”

Vipera says: “I am the Ghost of Christmas Destruction!”

Cursed Kringle says: “And I am the Ghost of Christmas TERROR!!!! We're going to unleash all our evilness onto this world, and YOU can't stop us! Toys, ATTACK!!!!”

And a bunch of wooden, toy soldiers, model airplanes, nutcrackers, and little robots, begin marching out of the magic bag being held by Cursed Kringle!

Naruto whispers to the others NOT on stage: “Let's duck into the back, no one will see us there!”

Everyone else says: “Right!” They run into the dark, and they whisper: “It's morphing time!” / Pinkie says: “Ankylosaurus!” / Lettuce says: “Triceratops!” / Usagi says: “Hadrosaurus!” / Naruto says: “Tyrannosaurus!” / And from out of nowhere, the four morphed Rangers leap into action!

Lettuce's Father REALIZES he doesn't know where his son is, and Jacques Manchot shouts: “Son, SON?! Son, if you can hear me, YELL so I can FIND you!”

Usagi whispers: “WHOOPS! I don't think we thoroughly THOUGHT this through!”

Naruto whispers: “We'll just have to beat these goons quickly, and worry about it later. Lettuce, you better stay quiet so your father doesn't recognize your voice.”

Lettuce simply nods his head in silence, and Pinkie says: “All right, bad guys, time to tangle with the MANE event!” The four Rangers begin to fight the bad guys. While everyone is distracted by the fighting, Toby whispers to himself, “They need my help. I'll get under the covers and morph!” / Toby says: “Stegosaurus!” / And Toby leaps into action himself!

Toby's Mother looks around, and says: “Wait, my son! Where did my son go?! SON, can you hear me?!”

Usagi turns to Toby, and she says: “I can't believe you, we could have handled this!”

Naruto says: “Talk about it later, let's fight!” / And while the Rangers fight the toy army, as well as Vipera and Cursed Kringle, a super bouncy Christmas song by Mariah Carey begins playing! /

“I don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need. I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree. I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know. Make my wish come true, all I want for Christmas is you! I don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need. And I don't care about the presents, underneath the Christmas tree. I don't need to hang my stocking there upon the fireplace. Santa Claus won't make me happy, with a toy on Christmas Day. I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know. Make my wish come true, all I want for Christmas is you! Oh, I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow. And I'm just gonna keep on waiting underneath the mistletoe. I won't make a list and send it to the North Pole for Saint Nick. I won't even stay awake to hear those magic reindeer click. Cause I just want you here tonight, holding on to me so tight. What more can I do? Baby, all I want for Christmas is you! Oh, all the lights are shining so brightly everywhere. And the sound of childrens' laughter fills the air. And everyone is singing, I hear those sleigh bells ringing. Santa, won't you bring me the one I really need? Won't you please bring my baby to me? Oh, I don't want a lot for Christmas, this is all I'm asking for. I just want to see my baby, standing right outside my door. Oh, I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know! Make my wish come true, baby, all I want for Christmas is you!” /

The epic Christmas song ends as all the evil Christmas toys are SMASHED to pieces! Cursed Kringle says: “Now that's not nice at ALL! I'm going to have to put you on the NAUGHTY list!”

Pinkie asks: “Do you think we're WORRIED about THAT?!”

Cursed Kringle says: “You SHOULD be! Mortal Attack, BLIZZARD FIST!!!!” And using his left hand, Cursed Kringle produces a blast of wind SO strong, it BLOWS the Rangers helmets RIGHT off!!!!

Bash and Smash shout: “THEM?!”

Jacques Manchot asks: “Son?!”

Toby's Mother asks: “Toby?!”

BlackHawk says: “I KNEW IT!!!!”

Lettuce chuckles nervously and says: “This...is...awkward!”

And as if the Rangers don't have ENOUGH to worry about, who should appear on stage EXCEPT Emperor Diabolica?!

Emperor Diabolica says: “Hello, Rangers! Glad to FINALLY see your faces, for once! As for YOU, Vipera, get BACK to the base and await your punishment!”

Vipera protests: “But we were JUST winning!”

Emperor Diabolica yells: “NOW!!!!” And Vipera disappears! Emperor Diabolica angrily says: “You TRIED to usurp my position and turn my loyal soldiers AGAINST me, Cursed Kringle! Did you THINK that I wouldn't take THAT personally?!”

Cursed Kringle says: “I beat you once, I can beat you AGAIN!”

Emperor Diabolica says: “One key problem with that. The angrier I get, the STRONGER I get! And right now, I am very, Very, ANGRY!!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

And with a BLAST of fiery energy, Emperor Diabolica completely DISINTEGRATES the traitorous Cursed Kringle!

BlackHawk nervously says: “I think that's MY cue to leave!” And BlackHawk DISCREETLY flies out of there!

Toby asks: “Why did you destroy your own monster?”

Emperor Diabolica says: “That's not your concern! And I'd take care of you ALL right now if I could, but I have PUNISHMENTS to deal to some TRAITORS back on my BASE! Not that anybody HERE will ever REMEMBER that I did this! ERASE those MEMORIES!!!!” And in a blast of bright light, everyone in the auditorium blanks out and forgets everything. /

Toby wakes up in a bed, ON a stage, and REMEMBERS he is acting in a play. As Ebeneezer Scrooge, Toby says: “I'm back in my own house, in my own bed! Young boy, what day is it?!”

Naruto says: “It's Christmas day, of course!”

Toby says: “What joy, I haven't missed it! The Spirits did it, they did it all in one night! What joy in my heart! I've got to tell Bob Cratchit! And Tiny Tim, won't he be happy? I will pay to cure whatever ails him, and make Bob Cratchit my new partner!”

Lettuce narrates and says: “Ebeneezer Scrooge was as good as gold to his word. And after his experience, there was no one more faithful and loyal to the Christmas spirit as he was. And perhaps it was best summed up, by Tiny Tim himself...”

Pinkie Pie shouts: “God bless us, everyone!” And the audience applauds loudly! /

Usagi says: “Great going, everyone. We did it!”

Toby asks: “But, what were we doing before this? Didn't we fight someone, or something?”

Naruto asks: “Does it matter, lets bask in the applause for a while.” /

BlackHawk is walking around in the streets, and says: “I can't believe what I've witnessed! It's incredible! It's amazing! It's--!” (WHIR!!!!)

And Alpha 8 appears right in front of BlackHawk! BlackHawk asks: “Who, or WHAT are you?!”

Alpha 8 says: “My name is unimportant to you right now. Just know that I'm an associate of the Rangers. I know that you remember everything that happened today, and you're probably thinking about telling somebody. But you should put that idea out of your head. The Rangers NEED to keep their identities secret, even from their parents. It's for their own safety.”

BlackHawk sighs and says: “I understand.”

Alpha 8 says: “Consider this MY Christmas gift from me to you, so don't tell ANYBODY!”

BlackHawk says: “No one would believe me if I did.” And Alpha 8 disappears. /

Back in Emperor Diabolica's secret base, Emperor Diabolica is reading EVERYONE except Drako the RIOT Act! Emperor Diabolica yells: “LOSERS!!!!”

Circe and Kraky say: “Sorry!”

Emperor Diabolica says: “Choke Artists!”

The Imps say: “Sorry!”

Emperor Diabolica says: “Filthy TRAITORS!”

Baphomet says: “We had NO idea about your true powers, sire! PLEASE forgive us!”

Emperor Diabolica says: “That's not good enough, Baphomet! From now on, DRAKO is going to get ALL of his Blood-beasts, directly from YOUR blood! Maybe some more SUITABLE monsters will come out from YOU, and PROVE to be more LOYAL to me!”

Baphomet groans and says: “Yes, sire!”

Emperor Diabolica says: “And as for YOU, Vipera! I am VERY displeased with you!”

Vipera says: “I'd just like to state, for the record, that I was just playing along with Cursed Kringle. I had PLANNED on betraying him, myself, before YOU destroyed him!”

Emperor Diabolica says: “Even if that WERE true, that matters VERY little to me! I think you need a little punishment, in your FACE!!!!” And Emperor Diabolica ZAPS Vipera with some strange energy!

Vipera nervously says: “What did you DO to ME?!”

Emperor Diabolica smiles and says: “Just a little reminder! From now on, every time I make you grow GIANT to fight the Rangers, you will TURN into a gigantic, HIDEOUS serpent! You will be horrid, and UGLY, and NO one will EVER like you!”

Vipera screams loudly: “NO!!!!” /

Alpha 8 narrates, and says: “Evil's plans had been defeated, the bad guys had lost, and Vipera had to pay, a very big cost. But the Rangers had triumphed, yet once again, spreading peace on Core Earth, and Good Will to all men! And as people huddle together, enjoying the Christmas lights, oh so bright...”

Omnus appears and says: “Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night!” /

Episode Notes: First time that a blood-beast has TRIED to betray Emperor Diabolica, and establish his OWN agenda. Drako is the ONLY servant of Emperor Diabolica's who DOESN'T switch allegiance to Cursed Kringle, and as such, is the ONLY servant who doesn't end up PUNISHED by Emperor Diabolica later! First appearance of Lettuce's Father, Jacques Manchot. BlackHawk finds OUT in this episode, who the Rangers are, but Alpha 8 makes him promise not to tell anybody. Emperor Diabolica puts a curse on Vipera, so that whenever she grows giant, she will also transform into a hideously, vile, and ugly serpent monster, as punishment for her betrayal.

Personal Notes: Good, Ranger based Christmas episodes are few and far in between. That's why I tried to make this one REALLY extra festive! And in case you're wondering, this IS as close that ANYONE besides BlackHawk will ever find out the secret identities of who the Rangers are, at LEAST until very LATE in season three! I had to have Emperor Diabolica erase the memories of everyone else, in order to keep the status of everything stable for this series. That's my episode idea for today! Enough said, true believers! ;)

• Like 2

Meaningful post, huh? ....That's right, the Multiverse Force is back into action! :D Hope you enjoy this new episode!

Karaoke Knight

It was a quiet Friday night in Coastal Falls, and the Gymnasium and Juice Bar was hosting a karaoke night. Tables had been set up at various spots, and a karaoke machine, along with a projector to display the lyrics of whatever song the participant had chosen. At one table sat Naruto, Toby, Usagi, Lettuce, and Pinkie, each with a different drink. Naruto had some iced tea, Usagi diet soda, Toby with some root beer, Lettuce was drinking a cola float, and Pinkie was sipping a vanilla milkshake. The five were idly chatting away about whatever they had been feeling like, mostly discussing what songs they were planning to perform this night. As they did, the event's emcee, a nice fellow by the name of Jimmy who was a short and skinny 20-something wearing a heavy metal band T-shirt, called for everyone's attention: "Our first guest of the night is a nice kid named Lettuce, performing his favorite song, 'Pepper', as originally performed by the Butthole Surfers! Let's give him a hand, folks!" 

Seeing that was his cue, Lettuce got up from his seat and gave a small chuckle, "All righty guys," he greeted. "Nice to see you all here tonight. Sing along if you know this one." And with that, he began to sing, er, rap:

"Marky got with Sharon, and Sharon got Sharise.

She was sharin' Sharon's outlook on the topic of disease.

Mikey had a facial scar, and Bobby was a racist.

They were all in love with dyin', they were doin' it in Texas.

Tommy played piano like a kid out in the rain, and then he lost his leg in Dallas;

he was dancin' with a train.

They were all in love with dyin', they were drinkin' from a fountain

that was pourin' like an avalanche comin' down the mountain."

And with that, Lettuce began to sing:

"I don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows.

I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes.

Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies.

Ya never know just how you look through other people's eyes."

And then another rap verse:

"Some will die in hot pursuit in fiery auto crashes,

some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes,

some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain

that is pourin' like an avalanche comin' down the mountain."

Followed by the chorus:

Which was followed by ANOTHER rap verse, but preceded by the first and last two lines of the chorus played in reverse:

"Another Mikey took a knife while arguing in traffic, 

Flipper died a natural death, he caught a nasty virus.

Then there was the ever-present football player rapist.

They were all in love with dyin', they were doin' it in Texas.

Pauly caught a bullet, but it only hit his leg.

Well, it shoulda been a better shot, he got him in the head.

They were all in love with dyin', they were drinkin' from a fountain

that was pourin' like an avalanche comin' down the mountain."

Followed by the last chorus:

With that, the song finished, and Jimmy congratulated him: "And that was our first guest tonight, folks! Give it up for Lettuce!" This was met with cheers from most, but silence from Lettuce's friends, who were simply astonished that he'd sing a song with such odd and somewhat demented lyrics. 

"Hey guys!" Lettuce greeted as the next performer went on stage. "What'd you guys think of my singing?"

"It was...nice, I guess." Usagi said, drinking her soda.

"Pretty cool." Toby said, smirking.

"You were FANTASTIC!" Pinkie shouted, hugging her friend tightly, so much that he was nearly choking. When that was said and done, the four of them noticed that Naruto hadn't spoken a word, the teen ninja simply was sipping his iced tea, not paying attention. When he felt that he was being watched, Naruto simply pulled his lips away from his glass, and looked at his friends.

"Why are you staring at me?" he commented rather dryly, unamused at being gawked at.

"We wanted to know what you thought of the song I sang." Lettuce responded, grinning slightly in hopes of gaining his leader's approval.

"Honestly?" Naruto replied. "Your singing is good, but your song choice, I'm not so sure about."

"What do you mean?" Lettuce asked, somewhat curious to hear Naruto's opinion.

"Well...it just isn't very appropriate, y'know?" Naruto said, trying as best as he could to not hurt the penguin's feelings

"...Again, what do you mean? Like, I understand there are families attending this event, but it's all in good fun." Lettuce repeated, making a good point. 

"Exactly my point." Naruto argued, taking another swig of his tea. "There are families here, and songs like that shouldn't be heard by kids, at least not at that age."

"Whoa, since when did you get preachy and all moralistic?" Toby said, noting how odd Naruto was acting.

Usagi and Pinkie interrupted all three with a simultaeneous "SHUSH!". The three boys looked at the two girls and kept silent. 

"Look, you guys all make good points." Usagi began. "But you three don't need to argue about it."

"Usagi's right." Pinkie said, not her usual happy self for the moment but relaxed yet firm. "Naruto, there are families here, but didn't you see the sign nearby?" she asked, pointing a hoof near the sign that read FAMILIES: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT SONGS YOUR KIDS SING, NO MATTER HOW COARSE OR VULGAR. THAT IS ON YOUR OWN TERMS. Naruto nodded. "And Lettuce, some ponies and people may not be comfortable with the stuff you sing. You have to understand that, OK?" Lettuce nodded. Finally, Pinkie turned towards Toby. "Toby, I know you didn't mean to get angry, but it really isn't your job to say if Naruto is being preachy or not. It's rude and really just isn't nice. Understand?" 

With a slow nod from Toby, the argument ended just as swiftly as it came, and Pinkie's bouncy joyful self was just as quick to return. With that settled, the five were deciding on who should sing next. After a bit of debating, it was decided Naruto and Toby would do a duet together. After picking their song (Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd), the two got up on stage, and began to sing, with Naruto going first:

"Hello? 

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

Come on...now, I hear you're feelin' down. 

Well, I can ease the pain, and get you on your feet again. 

Relax, I need some information first.

Just the basic facts: can you show me where it hurts?"

Then Toby came in:

"There is no pain; you are receding.

A distant ship smoke on the horizon.

You are only coming through in waves.

Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're sayin'.

When I was a child, I had a fever. 

My hands felt just like two balloons.

Now I've got that feelin' once again.

I can't explain, you would not understand; this is not how I am.

I have become comfortably numb." 

Naruto then came in again:

"OK, just a little pinprick.

There'll be no more-" Toby proceeded to do an 'Ah-ah-aaah' note. 

"But you may feel a little sick.

Can you stand up? 

I do believe it's working...good. 

That'll keep you going through the show, 

now come on, it's time to go."

And with that, Toby came in with the final verse/chorus:

"There is no pain, you are receding.

A distant ship smoke on the horizon.

You are only coming through in waves.

Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're sayin'.

When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse

out of the corner of my eye.

I turned to look, but it was gone.

I cannot put my finger on it now,

the child has grown; the dream has gone.

I have become comfortably numb."

Toby then proceeded to close out the performance with an air guitar solo that got some positive reception from the crowd. With that, finished, the two boys went back to their seats as Jimmy introduced the next performer: Blackhawk, who was singing Lola by the Kinks

With a cough, Blackhawk looked at the audience, and began thusly:

"I met her in a club down in North Soho

Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola

C-O-L-A cola

She walked up to me and she asked me to dance

I asked her name and in a dark brown voice she said, "Lola"

L-O-L-A Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy

But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine

Oh my Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand

Why she walk like a woman and talk like a man

Oh my Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Well, we drank champagne and danced all night

Under electric candlelight

She picked me up and sat me on her knee

And said, 'Little boy won't you come home with me?'

Well, I'm not the world's most passionate guy

But when I looked in her eyes

Well, I almost fell for my Lola

Lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Lola lo lo lo lo Lola lo lo lo lo Lola

I pushed her away, I walked to the door

I fell to the floor, I got down on my knees

I looked at her, and she at me

Well that's the way that I want it to stay

And I always want it to be that way for my Lola

Lo lo lo lo Lola

Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls

It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world

Except for Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Well I left home just a week before

And I've never ever kissed a woman before

But Lola smiled and took me by the hand

And said, 'Little boy, gonna make you a man'

Well I'm not the world's most masculine man

But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man

And so is Lola

Lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola..."

With a few cheers, Blackhawk grinned. "Thank you, thank you! It's good to sing for you guys." And with that, Blackhawk got off the stage and sat back in his seat, next to Bash and Smash. The latter had only come here on Blackhawk's suggestion, and they looked like they'd be anywhere but here. Nonetheless, their friend/mentor urged them to pick a song, and go up on stage. 

"All righty, so what are we performin', Smash?" Bash questioned.

The thin swallow shrugged. "I dunno, what do you wanna sing?"

"Hmmm..." Bash thought about this for a second, mentioning the first song that came to his mind. "Bad Romance?"

Smash slowly raised an eyebrow. "Wow, Bashy, never knew you was into Gaga."

"...I'm not, you featherbrain." Bash replied, smacking his fellow bird on the back of the head in a Gibbs-style fashion. "I'm just suggesting it since it's what popped into my head."

"OK, OK, geez..." Smash replied. "Which version are we doing: original, or Artist vs Poet?"

"Hmmm..." Bash pondered, putting a feather to his chin. "Gotta go with Artist vs Poet, just because it's more awesome."

"All right then, let's do this!" Smash said, as Jimmy came up om stage once again. 

"And now we have Bash and Smash performing Bad Romance by Artist vs Poet!" the emcee announced, while Lettuce, Naruto, and Toby let out a collective groan.

With that, Bash and Smash took two microphones and began to sing:

"Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh! Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh!

Caught in a bad romance

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh! Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh!

Caught in a bad romance

Rah rah ah-ah-ah!

Ro mah ro-mah-mah

Gaga oh-la-la!

Want your bad romance

Rah rah ah-ah-ah!

Ro mah ro-mah-mah

Gaga ooh-la-la!

Want your bad romance

I want your ugly

I want your disease

I want your everything

As long as it's free

I want your love

Love-love-love

I want your love

I want your drama

The touch of your hand

I want your leather studded kiss in the sand

I want your love

Love-love-love, I want your love (Love-love-love, I want your love)

You know that I want you

And you know that I need you

I want it bad

Your bad romance

I want your love and

I want your revenge

You and me could write a bad romance

(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!)

I want your love and

All your lovers revenge

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh! Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh!

Caught in a bad romance

Oh-oh-oh-oh-ooh! Oh-oh-ooh-oh-oh-oh!

Caught in a bad romance

Rah rah ah-ah-ah!

Ro mah ro-mah-mah

Gaga ooh-la-la!

Want your bad romance

I want your horror

I want your design

'Cause you're a criminal

As long as your mine

I want your love

Love-love-love

I want your love

I want your psycho, your vertigo shtick

Want you in my rear window

Baby you're sick, I want your love

Love-love-love, I want your love (Love-love-love, I want your love)

You know that I want you

And you know that I need you

I want it bad, bad romance

I want your love and

I want your revenge

(Oh-oh-oh-oh-ooh!)

I want your love and

All your lovers revenge

Caught in a bad romance

Caught in a bad romance

Rah rah ah-ah-ah!

Ro mah ro-mah-mah

Gaga ooh-la-la!

Want your bad romance

Rah rah ah-ah-ah!

Ro mah ro-mah-mah

Gaga oh-la-la!

Want your bad romance

Walk, walk fashion baby, work it move that bitch crazy

Walk-walk fashion baby, work it move that bitch crazy

Walk-walk fashion baby, work it move that bitch crazy

Walk-walk passion baby, work it I'm a free bitch baby

I want your love

And I want your revenge

I want your love

I don't wanna be friends

(J'veux ton amour et je veux ta revanche j'veux ton amour)

I don't wanna be friends, I don't wanna be friends

I don't wanna be friends, I don't wanna be friends

Want your bad romance (caught in a bad romance) want your bad romance

I want your love and

I want your revenge

(Oh-oh-oh-oh-ooh!)

I want your love and

All your lovers revenge

Oh-oh-oh-oh-ooh! Want your bad romance

Caught in a bad romance

Want your bad romance

Oh-oh-oh-oh-ooh! Want your bad romance

Caught in a bad romance

Rah rah ah-ah-ah!

Ro mah ro-mah-mah

Gaga ooh-la-la!

Want your bad romance!"

Meanwhile, on the Diabolic, Emperor Diabolica and his cronies were watching the entire event proceed via the magic screen Circe had created. "BAH!" the Emperor roared. "I DESPISE KARAOKE!" he complained.

"Why?" Circe inquired, eating some nachos she'd conjured up, while Kraky was busy mopping the floor. 

"BECAUSE I CAN! DO I NEED A REASON?!" Diabolica snapped, grabbing a handful of Circe's nachos and crunching down on them, despite her angry squeals of protest. 

"My lord, if I may suggest," Vipera piped up, filing her fangs as she observed the screen. "Why not create a Bloodbeast, and send it down like usual?"

"Wonderful idea!" Diabolica proclaimed. "Speaking of which, where is Drako?"

"Oh, he's finishing hooking Baphomet up to the blood-drawing machine in his workshop." Kraky said.

"Did I say you could talk?!" Diabolica shouted.

"N-no, sire, I was just answering-" Kraky stammered.

"THEN GET BACK TO MOPPING!" Diabolica snapped, then went into Drako's lab, where the wizardly lizard and Baphomet were waiting. The latter was hooked up to a device that was simple in construction: one or two needles pointed at his body, connected to drips that deposited blood in vials used for Bloodbeast rituals. 

"My Emperor, I present my latest invention: the Bloodletter 2000. It draws blood so that I can use it for Bloodbeast creation." To demonstrate, Drako pricked Baphomet with the needles, drawing the right mount of blood needed to fill a vial. With that done, Drako set the vial on his workbench, where a symbol resembling a wisp with a circle drawn in the middle had been carved. Immediately he began chanting: "Filiorum tenebrarum, et affer mihi animam ut materia in plano." As he did so, the vial seemed to pulsate briefly, then stopped. Once the soul was infused into the blood, Drako turned to his master, awaiting the usual Bloodbeast request. 

"I want a Bloodbeast that uses music as its weapon!" Diabolica said. "And make it snappy!" 

"Ah, well I know just the one you need." Drako said, moving over to the statuette shelves and picking out what looked like a speaker with bulky arms and legs, with a horned medieval knight's helmet on top of it. Pouring the blood on the statuette, it transformed into a large, robotic...thing, coated in a shiny silver alloy, and wielding a strange combination of microphone and sword. "My lord, introducing the Karaoke Knight. He has the power to manipulate sound waves, and with his Singing Sword, he is able to cause people to sing uncontrollably."

"Perfect." Diabolica said, rubbing his hands together in glee. "Go, Karaoke Knight! Spread your music to those on Core Earth! If those meddling Power Rangers try to interfere, DESTROY THEM!"

"Yes, my Emperor!" Karaoke Knight replied in a deep and bassy voice, which echoed from within his helmet. Saluting briefly, the monster teleported down to Coastal Falls, onto a street with a few people. Almost immediately, he began attacking, using sound waves to knock people over ans terrify them, as well as showing off what his Singing Sword could do. Turning to a random man and woman, the knight proceeded to do a 'bang' motion while pointing the Sword at the couple. Immediately, a blast fired at them, and they began to sing a cheesy showtune about their love...which turned into something of horror and despair when they realized they couldn't stop singing. In a panic, they along with the rest of the Knight's victims, ran off; this had the advantage of clearing the street for the inevitable battle.

Meanwhile, back at the Gym, the five Rangers were having a good old time, drinking soda, discussing who was gonna sing next, and just chatting. Their relaxation, however, was interrupted by a certain tone from the Power Watches. Seeing that the calm and fun Friday evening they had planned would have to be on hold, they made sure that no one would notice that they'd be gone. Once out of the building, Lettuce answered the call. "We read you, Omnus."

"And I read you, Rangers. It seems Emperor Diabolica has sent down a new monster near your location. You, of course, know what to do."

"Right." Lettuce said. "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!"

"MULTIVERSE, SAVE CORE EARTH!" the other four joined in.

"ANKYLOSAURUS!"

"TRICERATOPS!"

"STEGOSAURUS!"

"HADROSAURUS!"

"TYRANNOSAURUS!"

Now morphed, the Rangers teleported to the Karaoke Knight's location, and readied themselves for battle.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the Power Rangers?" the Knight greeted.  "I hope you enjoy my performance. It's going to be a BLAST!" And, as if on cue, the Knight let out a loud BWOOMPH from his speaker, knocking the Rangers out of their battle stances. With loud grunts of pain, the five heroes tumbled to the ground.

"Well, at least we know what we're dealing with now. A robot that uses soundwaves." Naruto stated.

"Yeah. Large and powerful soundwaves, too!" Usagi noted.

"But wait, there's more!" the Karaoke Knight proclaimed in the style of television product sellers. "Act now, and you'll get a blast from my Singing Sword!" At this, the Knight fired a blast from his sword at the Rangers. Thankfully, they quickly dodged it, resulting in an explosion where they once were. 

"This guy's impossible to fight!" Lettuce said.

"...From the front." Naruto said, getting an idea.

"Huh?" Toby asked.

"He's impossible to fight from the front." Naruto explained. "Think about it: before we could attack, he fired a blast of sound at us, and then he used that sword of his. But if we attack him from behind..."

"...Then we can defeat him." Toby finished.

"Or at least try to." Lettuce pointed out. "What if we have to keep dodging his attacks, and keep going back and forth?"

"Good point." Naruto said. "We'll just try out what I suggested, and if worse comes to worse, we can try a new tactic."

"Right!" the others proclaimed, getting up. They reformed into battle position, waiting for the right time to strike.

"Oh, goody! You've woken up from your naps!" the Karaoke Knight taunted, clapping his hands with glee. "Are you ready for more playtime?"

"We aren't playing any games!" Naruto responded, pointing an accusatory finger at the Knight. "And the only one who's gonna be taking a nap is you: a dirt nap, that is!" This earned him a few stares from the other Rangers. "Sorry." he whispered. "That's all I could come up with."

With that settled, Naruto silently urged his teammates to teleport behind the Knight, much to his surprise and confusion. "Hey...where'd you Power Punies go?" he asked, trying to turn around so that he could find them. Given his shape and mass, however, this was effectively impossible. And it was just what the Rangers needed. 

With a shout of "BANZAAAAAI!" , Lettuce proceeded to launch himself at the Karaoke Knight's back, rolling his flipper into s fist. This resulted in not only just a smsll explosion and some sparks, but also for the Knight to fall over forwards. Seeing an opportunity to strike their foe while he was down, the Rangers decided that their next, and best, course of action was to summon their Power Weapons. Summoning them, Naruto looked at his teammates, silently asking if they were ready. With a nod, they readied the weapons, and waited for the cue.

"FIRE BLADE!"

"WATER AX!"

"EARTH MACE!"

"WIND STAFF!"

"DIAMOND BOOMERANG!"

With each strike from the weapons, the Karaoke Knight grew weaker and weaker until he exploded from the impacts. 
From his ship, Emperor Diabolica was absolutely livid. "I'll punish Drako later." he muttered. "For now, however...FORCES OF CHAOS! MAKE MY BLOODBEAST GROOOOW!" At Diabolica's command, a red bolt of lightning struck where the Karaoke Knight once was, causing it to grow to giant size. The Rangers sloely looked up, and knew that, as usual, they'd have to fight the monster using the Multimegazord. 

"WE NEED DINOZORD POWER NOW!" they shouted in unison, summoning the Dinozords, and boarding them. Once they did, each of them confirmed that they were ready to form the Multimegazord.

"Better red than dead!" Naruto said.

"Locked, loaded and ready!" Toby confirmed.

"I'm a green, mean monster-fightin' machine!" Lettuce replied.

"Ready!" Usagi piped up.

"Ready to rock!" Pinkie chimed in.

Once the Rangers were ready, the Zords' onboard computer systems began the Multimegazord transformation: "Multimegazord sequence has been activated." When the transformation was finished, it was concluded with the statement of "Multimegazord sequence complete"

Ready to face their enemy, it was Lettuce who quickly realized that the same problmss that were in the first fight were just as likely to appear here, if not more so.

"Wait, guys." he said, looking at his friends. "He has that Singing Sword, right? We're outmatched."

"Lettuce's right." Usagi said. "I think we're gonna need the Power Sword for this one."

Naruto nodded. "SUMMON POWER SWORD!" he commanded, the weapon appearing directly into the Megazord's hands.

"Well, I appreciate you making this a fair fight, Rangers." the Knight congratulated. "But I'm afraid you're still outmatched." Before the Multimegazord could react, the Knight slashed it with the Singing Sword, causing sparks to fly from the giant robot. "That was just a warm up; the real fun's about to begin!" The Knight proceeded to unleash another soundwave at the Multimegazord, who attempted to block it with the Power Sword, as if to protect itself. Almost immediately, the Knight was hit with his own weapon, as if it had been reflected back at him. "Hey! What's the big idea, using my soundwaves against me?!" he said, being knocked back.

This gave the Rangers an idea: maybe they could use the reflection of sound to their advantage. Wasting no time, the Multimegazord began to wail on the Karaoke Knight, slashing at him repeatedly with the Power Sword. When the Knight countered with his own weapon, the Multimegazord promptly snatched it out of his hands, and proceeded to break it. In half. "NO! MY SINGING SWORD! YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS!" the Knight shouted, charging up another soundwave attack. The Multimegazord simply held up the Power Sword in a blocking motion, and waited. The Knight launched his attack...and was once again knocked back by the reflection. The Multimegazord repeatedly struck the Knight in the face with the Power Sword, and kicked him onto his back. Raising its arms, the Multimegazord brought the sword down onto the Knight's speaker, causing him to explode once again. Victory theirs once more, the Rangers disengaged from their giant mech, demorphed, and teleported back to the Gym, no one any the wiser.

Sometime later, Blackhawk was talking to the five, or rather three, as Usagi and Pinkie weren't there. They were yp on stage, getting ready to perform a duet. "So that's what Lola is about, huh? I always though it was just your usual love song. Speaking of songs, what are your friends gonna be performing up there?"

Lettuce sighed and said, "Wannabe by the Spice Girls."

"Oh, come on, the Spice Girls aren't that bad." Blackhawk replied. 

"Shut up," Toby said, shushing Blackhawk. "They're about to start."

Usagi nnd Pinkie had agreed to share the verses, with Usagi going first, Pinkie going next, bsck and forth. They were, however, going to sing the chorus together. And this was how it went:

"Ha ha ha ha ha 

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want

So tell me what you want, what you really, really want

I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want

I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha)

I wanna really, really, really wanna zigazig ah

If you want my future, forget my past

If you wanna get with me, better make it fast

Now don't go wasting my precious time

Get your act together we could be just fine

I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends

(Gotta get with my friends)

Make it last forever, friendship never ends

If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give

Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is

Oh, what do you think about that

Now you know how I feel

Say, you can handle my love, are you for real 

(Are you for real)

I won't be hasty, I'll give you a try

If you really bug me then I'll say goodbye

Yo I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want

(You've got to give)

So, here's a story from A to Z

You wanna get with me, you gotta listen carefully

We got Em in the place who likes it in your face

You got G like MC who likes it on a

Easy V doesn't come for free, she's a real lady

And as for me, ha you'll see

Slam your body down and wind it all around

(You've got to give)

If you wanna be my lover

You gotta, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta

Slam, slam, slam, slam (make it last forever) 

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha 

Slam your body down and zigazig ah

If you wanna be my lover."

Their performance gained wide applause, with both girls smiling widely. "They like us! They really like us!" Pinkie said, turning to Usagi.

"Yeah! This must be what being famous feels like!" Usagi responded, hugging the pony as they showered in the acclaim. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

-Originally, this was going to be a full-on musical episode, with 2-3 numbers for everyone in the cast, all pulled from different bands and artists. The plot would have been somewhat different, with the Rangers investigating why everyone is breaking out into song, themselves included. The Karaoke Knight would have been a more sympathetic villain who wouldn't have understood that what he was doing (that being using his Singing Sword to make the city into his ideal musical) was wrong, and he'd ask the Rangers to kill him upon this realization. I realized that such a large and ambitious project would have taken up too much time, and I would've been burned out as a result. Thus, I restricted all musical numbers to the beginning and ending of the episode, and made the Karaoke Knight your typical monster-of-the-week. Nonetheless, I still had fun writing this episode, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

• Like 1

Día del Diabólico

Empezamos con una toma de espacio, cerca del planeta Tierra. Core Earth es un planeta que es exactamente como el nuestro en la mayoría de las formas, hasta la colocación y las formas de los continentes. Sin embargo, hay una diferencia masiva: La tierra de la base está situada en otra dimensión enteramente, y era una vez hogar a una civilización poderosa conocida como Annunaki. Los Annunaki eran una raza cambiante de seres humanos como los reptiles que habitaban el planeta hace miles de años. Los Annunaki poseían tecnología muy avanzada, siendo los más codiciados los puentes; Dispositivos que permitían viajes interuniversales. Utilizando estos dispositivos, los Annunaki ganaron el control no sólo del multiverso, sino también del continuo espacio-tiempo. Sus dioses, los Antiguos Antiguos, los castigaban por su insolencia y sus objetivos de conquista.

Y así, los Annunaki desaparecieron, su tecnología se preservó y el multiverso se desincronizó de nuevo al flujo natural del tiempo-espacio. 20.000 años más tarde, un nuevo orden sería fundado en la tierra de la base después de que un agujero de gusano transportara a un grupo de colonos del espacio a la tierra de la base en 2178 ANUNCIO: la federación del Multiverse. Usando los puentes que aún trabajan, los colonos transportaron el 60% de la población de la Tierra al nuevo planeta, en un evento conocido como el Éxodo. Poco después, los humanos descubrieron que otros universos estaban ahí fuera, y se propusieron construir una nueva civilización democrática, llamándose a sí mismos la Federación Unida de Multiversos, o la Federación Multiverso para abreviar. Nuestra historia comienza en el año 800 AE (después del éxodo), o 2978 AD. Core Earth ha estado en paz durante siglos, gobernado por la Federación con una mano justa. Hasta ahora...

=============================================================================

-Coastal cae, la base occidental Tierra-

El sol brilló en la ciudad flotante de Coastal Falls como las nubes de la madrugada se separaron para revelar el cielo azul brillante arriba. La ciudad en sí era del tamaño de Los Ángeles, construida en una isla mantenida en lo alto por propulsores. A medida que los ciudadanos iban alrededor de su día, un pequeño buque de plata estacionado frente a la Academia de Coastal Falls, una de las escuelas más valoradas de la ciudad. El barco se parecía a un crucero Irken Voot con toques de oro. Dentro de la nave misma, había dos criaturas. Pingüinos, para ser más específico. En el asiento del conductor había un pájaro de unos 70 años de edad, con un esmoquin bastante bonito. Sus plumas eran de un plateado grisáceo, y él tenía una mirada amable, pero de clase alta sobre él. Su nombre era Giles, y él era el mayordomo fiel de la familia Manchot (mon-CHO) rica. En el asiento del conductor estaba el único hijo de Jacques Manchot, patriarca de la familia y famoso chef: Retthi Manchot, de quien prefería llamarse "Lechuga".

Ambos pingüinos, aparte de la edad y el color de las plumas, parecían lo mismo. Sus cuerpos eran pequeños y en cuclillas, y ambas aves medían alrededor de 3,5 pies de altura. Estaban cubiertos con un color predominante de plumas, Giles 'ser gris y lechuga es una bonita sombra verde. Las excepciones a esta regla eran sus áreas del estómago, cubiertas enteramente en plumas blancas. Los pies de los pingüinos eran rectángulos redondeados de un tono naranja, y sus picos eran ovales redondeados, también anaranjados. Y para colmo, mientras que Giles tenía 70 años, Lettuce era 51 años más joven: 19. Cuando Lechuga salió de la nave, Giles sonrió cálidamente. "Maestro Manchot, espero que estés listo, la universidad es una gran responsabilidad".

"Relájate, Giles." Lechuga dijo con una risa. "No tengo nada de que preocuparme." Y con eso, el barco se marchó, muy probablemente de regreso a la finca familiar. Mirando hacia la escuela, Lettuce pudo ver que era un tipo de ladrillo-mortero-y-concreto de edificio, que parecía bastante arcaico para una sociedad tan avanzada, pero a algunas personas les gustaba de esa manera. El campus en sí era bastante grande, lo suficientemente apropiado, debido al hecho de que Coastal Falls Academy atendió tanto a la escuela secundaria como a los estudiantes universitarios. Los dormitorios y las aulas estaban espaciados uniformemente, permitiendo un acceso sencillo. Con estas observaciones en mente, Lechuga tomó una respiración profunda y entró en la escuela.

Al mismo tiempo que Lettuce estaba siendo dejado fuera, una joven de unos 14 años de edad se mantuvo fuera de la CFA. Ella tenía alrededor de 4'11 ", con el pelo rubio envuelto en bollos del odango de la twintail Su piel era muy justa, con los ojos azules azules Vestida en un fuku del marinero (como era la tradición detrás casera), la muchacha, nombrada Usagi Tsukino, A pesar de que había estado viviendo en esta ciudad durante varias semanas, todavía se sentía sola y aislada.Sin embargo, aunque era muy sociable, Usagi todavía no había hecho una amiga en las Cataratas del Litoral, ni tampoco creía que alguna vez lo haría Ella echaba de menos a sus amigos en casa, especialmente a su bestia Naru. Tratando de contener las lágrimas, Usagi entró en la escuela, sin saberlo después de Lechuga.

Cuando Lettuce entró en la escuela, tuvo la sensación de que alguien lo seguía. Lentamente volteando la cabeza para poder ver detrás de él, Lettuce vio a Usagi, que parecía estar llorando. Parecía que no podía aguantar más en el agua y se había derrumbado. Lamentando a la chica, Lechuga se acercó a ella. "Hey hey hey, no hay necesidad de lágrimas ..." dijo calmadamente, colocando sus aletas en el brazo izquierdo de Usagi. -¿Qué sucede? preguntó. Usagi expresó sus temores y preocupaciones mientras dejaba de llorar. La lechuga escuchaba, asintiendo con la cabeza cuando era apropiado y pulverizando sólo cuando Usagi estaba terminado. "Wow, eso es difícil." Lechuga dijo finalmente. -Si quieres, seré tu primer amigo aquí. La lechuga pronto se encontró en un abrazo muy apretado.

En otra parte de la escuela, tres individuos muy diferentes se habían encontrado y ya formaban una amistad bastante agradable: Naruto Uzumaki, Toby Jones y Pinkamena Diane Pie, o "Pinkie", como ella prefería ser llamada. Cada uno de estos tres provenía de diversos orígenes, y por extensión, varios mundos: Naruto de un mundo de ninjas, Toby de un mundo donde la gente vivía junto a criaturas conocidas como Pokemon, y Pinkie de un mundo de ponis multicolores hablando. Cada uno de ellos tenía diferentes razones para estar en Coastal Falls, pero todos tenían el mismo motivo básico de educación. Naruto, por ejemplo, había decidido seguir un año de educación después de que la Federación Multiverso hubiera hecho el primer contacto, Toby había decidido tomar un descanso del entrenamiento de Pokemon (a instancias de su madre, una ex entrenadora) y Pinkie fue Parte de un programa de intercambio. Naruto era un joven de 17 años, de cabello rubio y ojos azules. Llevaba una chaqueta negra, y una diadema gris con una placa de metal en la parte delantera, que estaba grabada con una espiral, el símbolo de su pueblo. Toby era un niño de 15 años, con la piel clara y un mop de pelo grasiento negro. Llevaba una camiseta negra con una chaqueta de mezclilla azul y pantalones vaqueros desteñidos que también pudieron haber sido azules, pero se habían desvanecido a la mayoría de los blancos a lo largo de los años.

También llevaba zapatos de tenis espolvoreados que alguna vez habían sido negros, pero que ahora eran marrones. Pinkie era una yegua que, aunque no daba su edad exacta, dijo que estaba en su adolescencia - temprana edad adulta. Tenía una capa de color rosa claro, con su melena siendo una sombra más profunda y en un estilo poofed-up. Sus ojos eran de un azul oceánico, transmitiendo su personalidad: tonta, dulce e inocente, pero con una raya grave y oculta. El rasgo más definitorio de Pinkie, sin embargo, era la marca tatuaje de tres globos en ambos lados de su flanco. Cuando se le preguntó al respecto, el pony explicó que era su "cutie mark", una representación de sus talentos innatos, en este caso lanzando fiestas. Ella fue más lejos explicando que todos los potros en su mundo tenían uno que recibieron en sus foalhoods. Pinkie luego siguió su explicación con su propia serie de preguntas, sobre todo en relación con el pastel de Naruto y Toby, dulces y preferencias de bebida.

Como todo esto estaba sucediendo, muy por encima de la Tierra del Núcleo, una gran nave espacial estaba entrando en órbita alrededor del planeta. La propia nave tenía un casco bastante grande, de color rojo oxidado. A los costados de la nave había grandes alas de murciélago mecánicas, inútiles en el espacio, pero eran una decoración increíble. Esta nave era conocida como el Diabolic, y su tripulación estaba aquí para comenzar sus planes de conquista. Desde dentro, varios seres estaban de pie en la habitación central del barco, que era bastante tenue, con estantes alineados con pequeñas estatuas de bronce de varios monstruos. El líder de estos seis seres era una criatura bastante alta e imponente, a pesar de su aspecto demacrado. Estaba completamente rojo, con pequeños cuernos y unos ojos blancos y brillantes. Su fila superior de dientes colmillos estaba sobresaliendo de su mandíbula superior, pero esto no afectó su discurso de ninguna manera, curiosamente. Su nombre era Diabolica, Emperador del Tauran, y él estaba ... esperando expandir su gobierno, para decirlo a la ligera. A pesar de su nombre femenino que suena, sin embargo, él era una fuerza a ser contada con. -Mi leal tripulación -empezó el emperador-. "Hoy comenzamos nuestra conquista de este planeta llamado Core Earth, y toda la realidad misma!"

"Mi señor ..." preguntó una voz femenina y aguda.

-¿Sí, Circe? -preguntó Diabolica, claramente molesta.

-¿Cómo supones que conquistaremos la Tierra Central? Circe, un cerdo antropomorfo obeso vestido con trajes de bruja preguntó. Su compañera Kraky, una criatura magra que se asemejaba al Kraken de Clash of the Titans, asintió con la cabeza.

"Obviamente, usaremos el poder de los Bloodbasssts." Una voz, también femenina, siseó mientras se deslizaba hacia Circe. Esta mujer, desde la cabeza hasta la cintura, se parecía a una mujer pelirroja y atractiva con ojos azules desvanecidos. Sin embargo, desde la cintura hacia abajo, tenía un cuerpo largo y verde, parecido a una serpiente. Su nombre era Vipera, y ella era uno de los miembros superiores de Diabolica.

"¡Bah!" El general Bahphomet, una criatura grisácea grisácea con ojos rojos como la sangre se burló. Los rituales no funcionan a menos que los hagas correctamente, y Drako es el único que sabe cómo hacerlos.
"En realidad tenemos muchos usos para Bloodbeasts, Baphomet." Diabolica interrumpió. "Tal como lo que vamos a utilizar para nuestro primer reconocimiento de la Tierra de la Tierra. DRAKO!"

-¿Y-sí? Una voz sibilante vino de un poco más lejos. La voz pertenecía a un lagarto de color rojo y dorado con túnicas sacerdotales. Su nombre era Drako, y él estaba a cargo de los rituales de creación de Bloodbeast.

"¡Crea un Bloodbeast para nuestro primer ataque a la tierra de la base!" Ordenó Diabolica.

"Si señor." Drako respondió, agarrando una estatuilla de un dinosaurio con un cuerno de unicornio. Colocando la figura sobre una pequeña plataforma situada encima de un caldero, Drako sacó una daga de su túnica y le cortó el brazo, dejando que la sangre goteara sobre el plato y dentro del recipiente. Envolviendo la herida para que no sangrara, Drako empezó a recitar un antiguo encantamiento:

"Filiorum tenebrarum obsecro te.

¡Ut vas possidere liceat! "

Como Drako recitó, la figura ganó venas pulsantes rojas en su cuerpo que parecía estar ... vivo. Poco a poco, la figura comenzó a crecer al tamaño de un ser humano, y su piel de bronce reemplazado con carne gris, convirtiendo el cuerno en un taladro de plata. Mientras la criatura empezaba a respirar por primera vez, Drako sonrió a Diabolica. -¡Milord, te presento a Unirex!

"... No es el más creativo de los nombres, pero lo hará muy bien." Pensó Diabolica. -Una palabra de consejo, Drako: no te vayas cortando cada vez que crees un Bloodbeast.

-Señor, señor mío, de ahora en adelante usaré los frascos de sangre que he guardado en mis aposentos.

"Excelente." Dijo Diabolica, convocando a un pequeño grupo de sus soldados de pie, conocido como Imps. Los Imps parecían ser pequeños demonios rojos, con cuernos afilados y puntiagudos, ojos blancos con pequeñas pupilas negras, garras afiladas y dientes. Había 10 Imps en total, un grupo considerable para causar caos. Diabolica teletransportó los Imps hacia abajo en la Plaza de las Cataratas de la Costa. "Pronto, ¡SERÉ UN DIOS!"

Al mismo tiempo, Diabolica estaba comenzando su conquista de la Tierra del Núcleo, muy por debajo de la Academia de las Cataratas del Litoral, allí estaba un gran edificio forrado de acero. Desde dentro, las paredes estaban llenas de ordenadores que parpadeaban en rojo, azul, amarillo, verde y rosa. En una esquina había una gran bola de cristal. En otro, había un podio en el que se hallaban cinco dispositivos semejantes a relojes inteligentes, con cinco joyas de colores situadas a su lado. En el centro había una gran consola de ordenador con varios botones e interruptores. Lo que estaba en la parte delantera de la habitación, sin embargo, era lo más sorprendente: un hombre encapuchado con una capa blanca y un pequeño robot humanoide con un cuerpo rojo, apéndices en forma de tubo y una cabeza en forma de platillo de oro con visera. El hombre encapuchado se agitó como si estuviera dormido, sorprendiendo al robot.

¡Omnus! -dijo el robot con voz aguda, la visera brillando de rojo mientras hablaba-. ¡Estás despierto después de todos estos años!

-Sí, Alpha. El hombre conocido como Omnus habló. -Me he despertado de mi milenio de animación suspendida, ¿sabes lo que esto significa?

"¿No conseguiremos nuestra pizza en 30 minutos o menos?" -preguntó Alpha.

"Este no es el momento para los de una línea, Alpha. Este planeta está en grave peligro". Omnus regañó. "Es el momento de teletransportarnos a los mejores representantes de la bondad y la humanidad en el multiverso".

"Te refieres...?" -preguntó Alpha, exasperada.

"Sí. Adolescentes con actitud".

"Ay-yi-yi!" Alfa declaró. "¡Sabía que esto pasaría!" Al pasar a la consola del ordenador, Alpha establecer las coordenadas de teletransporte, y presionó un botón verde.

De regreso a CFA, Lettuce y Usagi habían estado charlando ociosamente cuando este último notó algo extraño. "Lechuga, ¿soy yo o somos ...?"

"¿Flotante?" Lechuga respondió. "Sí, sí. Creo que algo raro va a ser ¡NO!" Cuando Lettuce terminó su frase, fue teletransportado fuera de la escuela en un destello de luz verde. Antes de que Usagi pudiera reaccionar, ella también fue teletransportada fuera de la escuela en un destello de luz amarilla. Naruto, Toby y Pinkie también fueron teletransportados en flashes de rojo, azul y rosa respectivamente.

Cuando los cinco habían aterrizado, se encontraron en el edificio revestido de acero. Mirando a su alrededor, todos tenían diferentes reacciones: Lechuga asombrada, Usagi asustada, Naruto confundido, Toby excitado, y Pinkie curioso. "¿Dónde estamos?" -preguntó Usagi.

"No lo sé, es increíble." Lechuga respondió.

"Yo tampoco." Naruto continuó.

"¡Es impresionante!" Respondió Toby.

"¡Luces bonitas!" Comentó Pinkie.

Después de un momento de silencio incómodo, los cinco se introdujeron, luego comenzaron a explorar. Toby y Usagi fueron a la izquierda, Lettuce y Pinkie salieron a la derecha. Naruto se quedó solo en el centro, y comenzó a caminar hacia delante, chocando con Alpha. ¡Ay-yi-yi, lo siento mucho! -dijo el robot, volviéndose-.

"Whoa ... un robot." Naruto dijo.

"¿Un robot?" Toby dijo, caminando hacia Naruto y Alpha, seguido por Usagi. Lechuga y Pinkie hicieron lo mismo.

"Sí." Naruto dijo, volviéndose hacia Alpha. "Hola. ¿Puedes decirnos dónde estamos?"

"Soy Alpha 8. Y estás en el Centro de Comando". Alfa respondió.

"Y yo soy Omnus de Eltar, nacido de la Orden de Zoltar, como mi bisabuelo Zordon antes que yo." Omnus saludó.

"¿Por qué estamos aquí?" -preguntó Toby.

"Me alegra que hayas preguntado." Omnus respondió. "Este planeta está en gran peligro."

"¡Gran peligro? ¡Eso es terrible!" Dijo Pinkie.

"Es, mi querida, observa el Globo de observación." Omnus dijo, dirigiendo al grupo hacia la bola de cristal. Dentro de ella, los cinco observaron los Imps rampaging en la plaza de la ciudad, luego una imagen del propio Diabolica. "Éste es el emperador Diabolica, líder del Imperio Taurano, que busca tomar el control de este planeta y luego de todo el multiverso. Ustedes han sido seleccionados para formar un equipo de héroes de élite conocido como los Power Rangers".

"... Power Rangers?" Preguntó Usagi, inclinando ligeramente la cabeza.

"Por favor dirija su atención al podio de la derecha." Omnus instruido. El grupo rodeó el podio, mirando los relojes y piedras preciosas.

"Estos son los Power Watches, que te permitirán transformarte en tus formas Ranger cuando llamas 'Multiverse, Save Core Earth', junto a los relojes son tus Power Gems, imbuidas de las energías de los antiguos dinosaurios. Se les ha concedido el poder del poderoso Tiranosaurio y la posición del Ranger Rojo, Toby, el Stegosaurus y el papel de Blue Ranger, Lechuga, Triceratops y poderes del Ranger Verde. Usagi, Hadrosaueus y las habilidades del Amarillo Ranger, Pinkie, Thw Anklylosaurus y los deberes del Ranger Rosa. " Tomando los relojes y gemas, el grupo colocó las gemas en los agujeros centrales inferiores de los relojes. -También tienes el control de poderosos Zords, máquinas de guerra masivas que sólo se utilizarán como último recurso. Omnus explicó. "Tus Zords pueden combinarse en el Multimegazord, el arma definitiva contra el mal. ¡Ahora, vete, pelea contra los Imps, y que el poder te proteja".

Los Rangers recién acuñados fueron transportados a la plaza de la ciudad, donde los Imps los estaban esperando. Entrando en posiciones de combate, Naruto en el frente, Usagi y Toby a la izquierda y derecha, Lettuce y Pinkie en la parte de atrás, el equipo comenzó a elaborar estrategias. Después de un poco de reflexión, Toby habló. "Vamos a dividir, de esa manera podemos tomar a estos tipos más fácil." Los otros asintieron y se separaron. Toby se dio cuenta con bastante rapidez de que la división no pudo haber sido la mejor idea, ya que no tenía experiencia en las artes marciales ni en el combate cuerpo a cuerpo. Decidido a improvisar con golpes y patadas al azar, Toby encontró que tomar los Imps abajo era sorprendentemente fácil.

Usagi, sin embargo, estaba teniendo mucha más dificultad en la lucha contra los Imps, sin embargo. La experiencia de enfrentarse a pequeños demonios hizo que Usagi se derrumbara en llanto. Esto tenía una ventaja, sin embargo: el sonido de sus gritos fue recogido por el amarillo Power Gem, y amplificado en un ataque de energía, golpeando a los dos Imps atrás. Los Imps intentaron atacar a Usagi de nuevo. Y otra vez. Y otra vez, en vano. Toby corrió hacia Usagi, la calmó y le dio unas palabras de aliento. Usagi bajó las lágrimas y se levantó. Recordando todo el manga que leyó en casa, Usagi envió una patada voladora hacia los Imps.

La lechuga, al igual que Usagi y Toby, no tenía experiencia en combate personal, pero ya tenía un plan. Al notar varios tablones de madera cerca, Lechuga corrió, asegurándose de que los Imps lo siguieran. Asegurándose de armarse con un tablón, Lettuce miró a los Imps. "Hey muchachos." Él saludó -Quería invitarte a mi fiesta de Bienvenida a los Power Rangers. Los Imps se miraron, luego a Lettuce. "Oh vamos, chicos, será un BASH!" Y con eso, Lettuce derribó el tablón sobre la cabeza del primer Imp, rompiendo su cráneo abierto. El segundo Imp paró de luchar para llorar a su camarada caído, así que Lechuga tomó la ocasión de abrirse también ese cráneo.

Naruto, por su parte, tuvo el mejor momento para luchar contra los Imps. Usando su técnica de Clon Sombra, Naruto creó un doble de sí mismo para ayudarlo a luchar contra los soldados de infantería. El dúo, utilizando todos los movimientos que podían pensar en una mano, fácilmente derrotó a los Imps.

Pinkie, de igual modo, tuvo el mejor momento para luchar contra los Imps. Usando su cañón de partido (que ella nunca dejó la casa sin), Pinkue apuntó al primer Imp y lanzó un pastel en él. Esto le proporcionó no sólo una victoria, sino también una distracción viable mientras luchaba contra el segundo Imp. Agarrando a la criatura demoníaca pequeña, Pinkie procedió a bodyslam la criatura, haciendo que explotara de la fuerza del impacto, lo que causó Pinkie rebote como una pelota de goma. El primer Imp dejó de comer el pastel que había sido lanzado en él, y cargado en la yegua rosada. La respuesta de Pinkie fue llenar el pobre grito de Imp en el cañón y disparar contra una pared de ladrillo cercana.

El emperador Diabolica no estaba contento. No feliz en absoluto, no siree bob. Su plan entero para invadir la tierra de la base ya se estaba separando, y en manos de los ciudadanos comunes, no menos! Pero estaba decidido a detener a estas insignificantes criaturas, sin importar el costo. "UNIREX!" Bramó ¡Destruya a esos seres necios!

-Sí, maestro -respondió Unirex, su voz sonaba como si Batman de Christian Bale hiciera gárgaras de grava-.

Mientras tanto, los Rangers se felicitaban mutuamente por sus victorias contra los Imps cuando Naruto vio Unirex ser enviado abajo. "Parece que tenemos otro tipo con quien tratar." él dijo.

"¡Qué extraño!" Dijo Toby.

"Espera ... Omnus dijo que estos relojes nos darían poder!" Lechuga entró. -¡Hagámoslo!

Los otros asintieron. "MULTIVERSE, AHORRA LA TIERRA BASE!" Invocaron como energía blanca en el grupo y los trajes de Ranger se materializaron. Los cascos eran colores enteramente sólidos, aparte de los visores que eran puramente negro bordado con oro. Los trajes en sí eran en su mayoría sólidos, con formas de diamante blanco situado en los hombros, cofres, torsos inferiores y piernas. Las piezas de la caja eran símbolos dorados que representaban una imagen de la Tierra del Núcleo. Cuando la secuencia de transformación había terminado, el equipo posó en las mismas posiciones que antes, con una explosión que sucede aleatoriamente detrás de ellos. Nadie comentó sobre esto, ni siquiera el monstruo que estaban a punto de pelear.

"¡JAJAJA!" Unirex se burló. "Trajes bonitos, tontos! ¿A dónde vas, una bola de mascarada para los geeks del sótano?"

"¡No, pero sabemos a dónde vas!" Respondió Toby. -¡Vuelve a los pozos donde vives!

"¿Ah, entonces es así?" Unirex respondió. "¡No lo creo, amigo! ¡Estoy planeando quedarme, así que te daré una cálida bienvenida!" Unirex procedió a disparar una pequeña corriente de fuego, sacando al equipo de sus poses y causando chispas para volar.

"Hombre, este tipo es duro!" Naruto dijo.

"¡Sí!" Usagi estuvo de acuerdo, levantándose y quitándose el polvo.

"¿Qué hacemos?" -preguntó Pinkie.

"Nosotros peleamos." Lechuga contestó, cobrando en Unirex.

"NO, ESPERA UN MINUTO DE LECHUGA, TIENE A-" gritó Naruto cuando Unirex golpeó Lettuce con su cuerno de perforación.

"...perforar." Naruto terminó secamente.

Lettuce se levantó y comenzó a pelear con Unirex, que seguía perforándolo. "Whoa ... como un Rhyhorn." -murmuró Toby.

"¿Un qué?" -preguntó Usagi, mirando a Toby con una mirada confusa.

Ahora te lo contaré, ahora tenemos que ayudar a Lettuce. Respondió Toby.

Naruto asintió con la cabeza, mientras dirigía la carga contra Unirex, quien se echó a reír mientras las uñas de sus uñas se convertían en katanas.

"Oh, veo que has vuelto para ayudar a tu pequeño amigo aquí, es una lástima que lo veas convertido en nuggets de pollo". -dijo la criatura.

"... ¿Qué ... me llamaste, hijo de puta?" Gritó la lechuga, con la sangre hirviendo.

-Me has oído, pájaro, me has oído muy bien. Unirex respondió, afilando sus garras y caminando hacia Lechuga.

"NADIE ... ¡ME LLAMA ... POLLO!" Lechuga gritó, cargando un puñetazo y golpeando Unirex en el estómago. Unirex no sólo retrocedió, sino que se hizo más débil. Mucho más débil.

¡Su punto débil es su estómago! Naruto dijo a sus compañeros.

Toby sonrió a Naruto debajo de su casco. -¿Estás pensando en lo que estoy pensando?

"¡Tú lo sabes!" Naruto respondió, preparando una patada voladora. Toby y los demás hicieron lo mismo.

"Bueno, equipo, ¡tres! ¡Uno ... dos ... TRES!" Naruto dijo, todo el equipo volando con Unirex, causando que explotara.

Esto enfadó a Diabolica más lejos, y se volvió hacia Drako con una mirada feroz. "Tráele de regreso." Dijo fríamente.
"Sinceramente lo haría, señor, pero sólo hay un problema: no puedo traer Unirex de vuelta, a menos que se pida a las fuerzas del caos que lo hagan crecer".

-¿Dónde está el problema, entonces? -preguntó Diabolica, su tono cada vez más enfadado.

-Las fuerzas del caos son muy peligrosas y arriesgadas para convocar, milord, existe la posibilidad de que, si se trajo de vuelta, Unirex se volvería inestable. Drako explicó.

"Entonces ese es un riesgo que tendremos que tomar". -dijo Diabolica, acercándose al caldero. "¡LAS FUERZAS DE CHAOS, HACEN MI GROOOOW DEL BLOODBEAST!" Gritó Diabolica, convocando un rayo rojo que golpeó el lugar donde Unirex estuvo de pie, reviviendo al monstruo y convirtiéndolo en un gigante.

"Whoa!" Gritó la lechuga. -¡Es tan grande como un acorazado!

-¿Qué vamos a hacer? -preguntó Usagi, asustado. "No hay manera de que podamos luchar contra él mientras somos tan pequeños!"

"Omnus también mencionó algo llamado un 'Multimegazord', ¿verdad?" -preguntó Toby a Naruto. "Podemos convocar eso para tratar con Unirex!"

"¡Buena idea!" Naruto dijo. "¡NECESITAMOS EL PODER DE DINOZORD AHORA!" -gritó al cielo-. A lo lejos, se escuchaban fuertes rugidos cuando los Dinozords fueron convocados. El Tyrannosaurus Dinozord era principalmente un sólido rojo con parches de plata y brillantes ojos blancos. El Stegosaurus Dinozord era casi enteramente azul, aparte de las coloraciones de plata y oro de sus aletas espinales, así como el vientre y las piernas puramente plateados, con los ojos que brillaban un amarillo misterioso. El Triceratops Zord era enteramente verde, con amenazantes ojos rojos. El Hadrosaurus Dinozord era de una vena similar, de color amarillo completamente sólido, con ojos azules como el de Usagi. La mitad superior del Ankylosaurus Dinozord era una rosa caliente, mientras que la mitad inferior era totalmente plata. Los cockpits de cada Zord eran todos idénticos, siendo enteramente plata cuartos con un símbolo coloreado que representaba el Dinozord, y por extensión, el Ranger que lo pilotaba. Los controles para los Zords, de igual forma, eran idénticos, consistentes en varios botones y joysticks como un videojuego. Cuando los Rangers fueron transportados a las cabinas de sus Dinozords, cada uno de ellos tuvo diferentes reacciones y comentarios:

"¡Ranger rojo cerrado y cargado!" Naruto dijo.

"¡Increíble!" Comentó Toby.

"Es hora de patear el culo y masticar goma de mascar ... y estoy todo fuera de chicle." Lechuga declarada.

"Ooh, ¿eso es un estéreo?" Usagi preguntó, notando un sistema estéreo en su Zord.

"... ¡UN TIRADOR DE CARAMELOS ?!" -gritó Pinkie entusiasmado-.

Una vez que los otros Rangers estaban listos, Naruto comenzó la secuencia de transformación para el Multimegazord. "Multimegazord secuencia se ha activado." Una voz robótica anunciada como el Tyrannosaurus Dinozord comenzó a transformarse en la cabeza y el torso de un ser humano. El Stegosaurus Dinozord se dividió por la mitad para formar los brazos, uniéndose al cuerpo. El Ankylosaurus y Hadrosaurus Dinozords se fusionaron para formar la pierna izquierda, y el Triceratops Dinozord formó la pierna derecha. "Multimegazord secuencia completa." La voz robótica anunció que la transformación terminó. Ahora, en una cabina lo suficientemente grande como para caber a todos ellos, los Rangers se prepararon para tomar Unirex de una vez por todas.

-¡Oh, bueno, tengo un nuevo compañero de juegos! Unirex cacareó mientras cargaba contra el Multimegazord.

"¡¿Quieres jugar?!" Naruto se burló. "Todo bien, entonces, vamos a jugar a los luchadores!" El Multimegazord entonces paró Unirex muerto en sus huellas como piledriving el monstruo en la tierra. Unirex soltó un gemido de dolor mientras se levantaba lentamente.

"¿Quieres jugar sucio? ¡Bien, jugaré también sucio!" Unirex gritó mientras activaba su cuerno de perforación.

"¡Activa Dino Shields!" Toby dijo rápidamente mientras presionaba un botón que formaba dos escudos redondos de oro sólido que aparecieron en las manos del Multimegazord. El taladro de Unirex emitió brillantes chispas mientras intentaba debilitar los escudos. El Multimegazord, cuando el taladro comenzó a desacelerar de ejercer tanta energía, lanzó el escudo izquierdo en el cuerno, rompiéndolo y dejando un agujero enorme en la frente de Unirex.

"¡NO MI BONITO CUERNO!" Unirex gritó, bastante molesto. Reforzando sus garras de nuevo, Unirex levantó los brazos para cortar el Multimegazord, golpeando el robot un poco. Pensando rápidamente, Lettuce preparó el segundo Dino Shield y lo tiró, con la esperanza de contraatacar. Lo que consiguió fue que el escudo volviera como un bumerán, cortando los dos brazos de Unirex en el proceso. Ahora sin brazos y casi sin defensas, Unirex siguió luchando aunque estaba sangrando lentamente. Aprovechando la oportunidad de acabar con su enemigo, los Vigilantes convocaron a la Espada de Poder, una cuchilla de plata que aterrizó el casco en el suelo. Recogiéndolo, el Multimegazord preparó un movimiento de acabado como Unirex pidió misericordia.

-¡Por favor, no me mates! Unirex suplicó. "No lo dije en serio cuando insulté tus trajes, soy ..." Unirex no llegó a terminar sus súplicas, ya que la barra de la Espada de Poder le hizo explotar.

-Buen trabajo, Rangers. Omus dijo, comunicándose con el Multimegazord. Vuelva al Centro de Mando de inmediato.

Mientras tanto, el emperador Diabolica había alcanzado su punto de ebullición. "¡USTEDES IDIOTANOS SI NO FUERON PARA AQUELLOS PODERES RANGERS, NUESTRO PRIMER ATAQUE HABÍA SIDO EXITOSO!"

-No se preocupe, mi emperador, los derrotaremos pronto. Dijo Baphomet.

-Espero que sí, Baphomet. -dijo Vipera, acariciando la cabeza de su amante-. "Por una vez lo hacemos, les haremos pagar".

"Sinceramente espero que no los derrotemos pronto." Circe susurró a Kraky, compartiendo un cuenco de palomitas con su amiga. "Los desmayos del Emperador son demasiado divertidos para ver."

Mientras tanto, en el Centro de Comando, Omnus estaba sonriendo a sus Rangers desde debajo de su capucha. "Te has portado bien, Power Rangers, has mostrado al emperador Diabolica que, como equipo, eres una fuerza de bien que se tendrá en cuenta, pero aunque hayamos ganado esta batalla, hay muchos más que pelear".

Naruto respiró hondo y habló. "Incluso si toma el resto de nuestras vidas, nos dedicaremos todos los días a derrotar a Diabolica. ¿Quién está conmigo?"

"Yo soy." Lechuga dijo, extendiendo una aleta.

"¡Yo también!" -dijo Toby, poniendo su mano sobre la aleta de Lechuga.

"Aunque eso fue realmente aterrador, ¡cuenten conmigo!" -dijo Usagi, poniendo su mano-.

-¡A mí los cuatro! Pinkie dijo feliz, poniendo su casco derecho en la pila.

Naruto sonrió cuando se unió a las manos, la aleta y el casco con sus compañeros. Lanzando sus apéndices al aire, se podía oír una cosa en el Centro de Comando:

"¡RANGERS DE POTENCIA!"

Spoiler

APRIL FOOLS! :D This year I decided I'd upload a new episode today...a Spanish translation of "Day of the Diabolic"! I hope you enjoyed this little prank. I know I did. Don't worry, though, the actual new episode, "Have You Heard?", will be uploaded soon.

:glare: ...I SEE what you did there! :lol: Even though this was an April Fool's Joke, would you still re-run it in the Spin-Off's Re-Run topic? I have a funny episode of "Total Cartoon Action" that I would like to re-run! ;)

Have You Heard?

Our story begins in Coastal Falls Academy, where Lettuce was currently taking his Psychology 101 class. The classroom itself was your standard college room, with large half-circular desks taking almost the entirety of space, with the front taken up by the professor's desk and whiteboard, on which was written, "LYING: WHY WE DO IT". To those not in the know, this would seem like a fairly basic lesson taught in preschool, perhaps kindergarten. On the contrary, this was actually a fairly standard lecture for a Psychology 101 class such as this. Lettuce, seated in the third row from the front, had a pen and notebook ready to start jotting down the professor's important points. He'd enrolled in this course, along with a cooking class, as a way for if his goal, that of a music career, didn't work out; if that were to occur he could follow in his parents' footsteps in either cooking (his father) or psychology (his mother). The professor, a tall humanoid male resembling a bird like Lettuce, wearing a rather nice-looking business suit, raised his feathered arms as to tell his students to settle down. The class, consisting of not only humans but all sorts of creatures ranging from aliens to demons, quieted, ready to begin the lecture.

"Thank you." the professor, whose name was Avos, finally spoke. Turning to the board, he pointed a feather to what was written. "Today, class, we are going to be studying lying. Now, such a lesson may seem infantile to you, but the reasons why we lie provide a context to what we will be studying later in the year, such as sociopathy. Now, open your textbooks to page 50, and follow along with the lecture." The class did so, jotting down the first point: people lie because they want to get something accomplished. By lying, they achieve that goal through deception. Lying itself, the professor explained, could actually manifest itself as a chronic illness.

Meanwhile, on the Diabolic, Emperor Diabolica sat on his throne, pondering on how to destroy the Power Rangers. With a growl, he shot a glare at Circe.

"CIRCE!" he bellowed, his voice filled with its usual rage.

"Yes, my lord?" the pig-witch asked, bowing before her Emperor and trembling slightly.

"How will we try and defeat the Rangers this time?"

"Hmmm..." Circe pondered, her eyes wandering to the ship's screen, where Lettuce's psychology class was being shown. Upon seeing this, Circe's beady little eyes lit up with an idea. "That's it, my lord! We can turn the Rangers against each other via lying. Maybe a Bloodbeast would be perfect for the job."

Diabolica stared up at the ceiling as if pondering the idea, scratching his chin with a clawed finger. "Yes...that does sound like a good idea." Refocusing on the entrance to Drako's chambers, Diabolica took a deep breath and shouted the latter name, ordering him to come hither. 

"Yes, sire?" Drako asked, looking up at his master.

"I need you to create a Bloodbeast. One that can turn the Rangers against each other." Diabolica ordered. 

"Hmmm..a very interesting request, Emperor." Drako mused, tapping his chin and looking up thoughtfully. "I think I may have what you're looking for." With that, Drako moved back into his chambers to begin his work. Walking over to his shelves, Drako looked over the Bloodbeast statuettes, and found exactly the one he needed: a creature resembling a robotic tapeworm with arms and legs. Moving it onto the ritual platform, Drako proceeded to drain some blood from Baphomet, and poured it onto the statuette. As per usual, it began to grow to human size, its brazen skin turning into a mishmash of cassette tapes and recorders. The monster's eyes blinked a menacing red, while its pincher-like mouth jutted out like large wires. "Ah, perfect." Drako whispered, walking out of his chambers with his newest creation. "Emperor Diabolica," he began. "Allow me to introduce the Tapeworm. He isn't able to speak on his own, but he can imitate anyone's voice perfectly."

"Excellent!" Diabolica proclaimed. "With that kind of power, we can turn those meddling Rangers against one another. But we won't send him down immediately. We will wait until they finish their daily education, then send the Tapeworm into battle."

"Brilliant idea." Drako commented. "I couldn't have said it better myself."

Sometime later, the Rangers had gathered for lunch, with each of them having brought something. Naruto had an instant ramen noodle cup, Toby had a bag of corn chips, which he combined with chili and cheese to make a Frito pie, Usagi had a small bag filled with pork buns, Lettuce had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and Pinkie had a 'sandwich' consisting of two large moon pies as the breading, with Captain Crunch and Pixy Stix as the filling. Lettuce stared at her, then stated, "I'd ask, but then I realize that it's just Pinkie being Pinkie." Everyone else nodded in agreement. Then, Lettuce realized something. "Hey, don't Bash and Smash usually come by right about now to harass us?"

"Yeah..." Naruto replied, raising an eyebrow as he began eating his ramen. "Your point?"

"It's just kinda odd is all." Lettuce replied.

"They probably got lunch detention or something." Toby said, taking out a spoon and dug into his Frito pie. 

"Seems likely." Lettuce pondered.

"Yeah." Usagi agreed. 

Pinkie, of course, said nothing, too busy eating her sandwich.

Later, once school had let out for the day, the Rangers decided they'd head to the Gym and Juice Bar. Along the way, each of them chatted about various things that happened during the day. As if out of nowhere, a group of Imps appeared. "Looks like we have trouble." Naruto muttered, looking at his teammates. "It's morphin' time!"

"MULTIVERSE, SAVE CORE EARTH!"

"ANKYLOSAURUS!"

"TRICERATOPS!"

"STEGOSAURUS!"

"HADROSAURUS!"

"TYRANNOSAURUS!"

"POWER RANGERS!"

Now morphed, the Rangers briefly posed, and each of them spread out, landing on their feet and ready to take out the Imps. Naruto proceeded to do a flying kick at a duo of Imps, who were immediately KO'ed. Toby proceeded to punch an Imp in the face multiple times, then kicked it hard in the groin. Usagi on the other hand, mostly dodged but managed to punch a few Imps in the face. Lettuce proceeded to ram two more Imps into each other, and Pinkie finished off the last ones into submission by bucking them with both her front and back legs. Now that the cannon fodder was defeated, Tapeworm appeared...except that the Rangers couldn't see nor hear him. With a metallic cackle, the monster waved his arms and put almost all the Rangers under a trance, their eyes glassy and blank.

"Hey, Usagi..." Tapeworm said in Lettuce's voice. "I was never your friend."

"W-what?! Why would you say that?" the Yellow Ranger said, tears beginning to flow underneath her helmet.

"I never said that!" Lettuce shouted, defensive anger in his voice. "Who told you that?"

"You did, shorty!" Usagi replied angrily.

"SHORT?! AT LEAST I'M NOT A CRYBABY!"

"Why you-" A fight ensued between the two, with the other Rangers not intervening due to still being under Tapeworm's spell.

Moving onto Naruto, Tapeworm spoke in Toby's voice: "I never knew you were so pathetic." Having struck a nerve, as well as some deep seated issues, Naruto attacked Toby, who fought back in defense. Finally, Tapeworm turned to Pinkie...who hadn't been affected at all, strangely enough. 

"We were never your friends." Tapeworm spoke in the voices of not only the Rangers, but Pinkie's Equestrian friends as well. Pinkie's response was not to cry. It was not to accuse of obvious lies. She simply punched Tapeworm. Hard. Unfortunately, her friends were still under Tapeworm's spell...so she contacted Omnus. 

"Yes, Pinkie. What is it?" Omnus asked.

"It's Diabolica's new monster. I think he has the others under some kind of spell."

"Noted. Until Tapeworm is defeated, the spell won't wear off. Therefore, the other Rangers will have to be isolated and you will have to take care of the threat yourself."

"On it!" Pinkie replied, grinning. The other Rangers, still fighting, were involuntarily teleported to the Command Center and presumably quarantined. With that taken care of, Pinkie promptly proceeded to ready herself for the fight against Tapeworm, who appeared suddenly and with a digitized cackle. "All righty there, Mr. Digibug...playtime is over! When you mess with my friends, you mess with me!" And with a yell, Pinkie then launched herself at Tapeworm, crashing into him head-on. With a loud SKREE, Tapeworm was knocked onto the ground; he promptly got up and charged at Pinkie.

Thinking quickly, Pinkie jumped into the air with a yell of "BANZAAAAAI!" and tackled Tapeworm to the ground. While he was down, Pinkie began pounding his faceplate until it broke, revealing a large red button. With a grin, Pinkie gave one last taunt: "I wonder what'll happen if I press this button..." And she did, causing Tapeworm to go up in a fiery explosion. The shockwave caused Pinkie to rebound like rubber, and she clapped her hooves happily in victory. "That was fun!"

Meanwhile, Emperor Diabolica looked at Drako. "I will not bother making Tapeworm grow." he muttered.

"And why is that?" Drako inquired.

"Because we at least accomplished a goal somewhat!" Circe guessed. 

"...To some degree." Diabolica said. "Besides, I have a headache, and I don't want the stress of a second defeat to get to me."

"Noted." Drako replied, knowing better than to comment on this unusual behavior.

After the battle, the Rangers had arrived at the Gym and Juice Bar, and were doing various things; Naruto was practicing some physical combat, Pinkie and Lettuce were having a shake-drinking contest, Usagi was trying to practice drawing manga, and Toby was busy texting someone, presumably a friend of his from back home in Kanto. "Hey, guys?" Usagi asked. "I just wanna say sorry about the fight earlier."

"It's all good, Usagi." Toby said, looking up at her. "It wasn't your fault anyway."

"True," Usagi said. "But I think there's a lesson to be learned here."

"Don't let others manipulate you?" Lettuce guessed.

"No..." Usagi replied. "But you're close."

"Honesty is the best policy?" Pinkie asked.

"Exactly." Naruto interjected. "Though, the manipulation lesson could count."

Before anyone could answer, Lettuce let out a yelp, as everyone looked at him. "Lettuce, what's wrong?" everyone asked.

"Brainfreeze." Lettuce whispered.

"Well, I guess you could say that's cold hard logic." Toby said. "And that's no lie."

"Boo." Lettuce grunted, which got a laugh from everyone else, except Toby. 

Spoiler

Notes/Trivia:

-4EverGreen actually came up with this episode's title.

-Initially, Lettuce and Pinkie were going to work together to defeat Tapeworm, using a Zord combo known as the "Triceratank Battlezord".

She Blinded Me With Sciance

Mid-afternoon at Coastal Falls Academy, and Usagi Tsukino was in her last class of the day: English. Sitting at the front of the classroom, the blonde absentmindedly began tapping her fingers on her desk softly. I wish school would end already, she thought. I just wanna go home and play video games. I'm exhausted. Usagi's thoughts were suddenly cut off by an announcement from her teacher, a nice black-haired woman in her 30s: "All right, class. Pencils and/or pens out. We're going to have a quiz before the bell rings. You have 10 minutes." Usagi's eyes widened. A quiz!? Oh no, I didn't study! With a sigh, she picked up her pen and began writing, deciding that she might as well try her best. Once the ten minutes were up, the entire class got up and left the room. As Usagi was walking out, she was suddenly stopped by the teacher, who called her name. 

"Yes, ma'am?" the teen asked,  turning around.

With a sigh, Usagi's English teacher took a long look at her. She didn't look happy, nor did she look angry. Just...disappointed. "Miss Tsukino...can we talk?" she asked, somewhat exasperated.

Usagi let out a soft gasp of surprise, her eyes widening a bit. "Oh...o-of course. What about my grades?"

"Let's just say..." the teacher said, keeping the same tone as before. "they aren't up to expectation." Pulling out on of Usagi's previous tests, the woman gave a blank stare. "Explain this." Upon closer inspection, Usagi would see that the test was marked with a large red F. Her reaction was less than pleasant, her face going pale and the only sounds coming from her were stutters and odd throaty gurgles of shock.

"I-buh-guhhh..." Usagi managed to stammer, but the teacher silenced her.

"Usagi...you can't keep up this lazy attitude you have towards education. I can tell you have potential to do well, you just don't take the opportunity." she said softly. "...The bottom line is if you don't pass this class, you won't graduate. Do you want that?"

"No, ma'am." Usagi said, sighing in defeat.

"OK, then. There's a test coming up in one week. That will give you plenty of time to study and hopefully pass. You may go now." Usagi nodded, and promptly ran out of the classroom, and to the Gym and Juice Bar to meet up with her friends.

On the Diabolic, Emperor Diabolica was watching all this through the ship's screen. "That's it!" he declared, raising a finger in the air and rising from his throne.

"What's it?" Vipera asked, idly filing her nails as she stared at her master. "Have you come up with another brilliant plan to defeat the Power Rangers?"

Diabolica promptly let out a snarl, and turned to the serpentine woman. "For your information, Vipera, I have, and it is indeed brilliant. We will defeat the Rangers...by draining their intelligence!"

"Draining...their...intelligence?" Vipera repeated slowly, as it dawned on her that the Emperor had finally come up with a plan that would not only help defeat the Rangers, but likely expose their weaknesses as well. "Excellent plan, my lord! This could benefit us twofold!"

"Exactly!" Diabolica said, as he burst into Drako's chambers. "DRAKO! I NEED A BLOODBEAST IMMEDIATELY!"

"Right away, my Emperor." Drako said, having already heard the plan. Moving over to the Bloodbeast ritual equipment, Drako selected the statuette he'd need: a feminine-looking wisp wearing what looked to be clunky, futuristic-looking armor, draining some blood from Baphomet and pouring it onto the statuette. As the ritual took its course, the whispy figure grew into a humanoid ghost, her armor turning into a chrome-and-silver blend. Her left eye was a mysterious purple, her right eye replaced with a large red glowing eyepiece.

"Greetings," she said in a faint and airy voice. "I am Sciance, the perfect blend of the paranormal and technological."

"Hello, Sciance." Emperor Diabolica replied. "I have a mission for you."

"Oh, I already know what you have asked of me. You wish for me to drain the intelligences of the Power Rangers."

"Excellent." Diabolica praised. "Now go. Destroy the Power Rangers!"

"As you wish." Sciance said, giggling as she disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Meanwhile, at the Gym and Juice Bar, Usagi had explained her predicament to her friends, who sympathized with her. "I used to be in your boat, Usagi." Naruto offered. 

"Wait...you don't have a boat!" Pinkie interjected. Naruto ignored her, and continued with his explanation.

"As I was saying, I used to be in your situation. I used to be lazy and unfocused. But you know what? I never gave up on what I wanted, and still want: to become a Hokage. You have that same determination. You just need to focus."

"Right." Usagi said. "But I can't. Schoolwork absolutely bores me..."

"This reminds me of the time my friend Rainbow Dash needed to study for a test." Pinkie said. "The way that's usually used didn't help. So we figured out the best way to help her study."

"That's it!" Lettuce said. "We just need to figure out a way Usagi can study the easiest!"

"That's not a bad idea..." Toby said, scratching his chin. "We have enough time, so let's do it!"

"Right!" the others agreed. And so, via montage, the other Rangers tried to find ways of helping Usagi study: Naruto attempted to show her some scrolls akin to flashcards, Lettuce tried out a game, Toby tried out a battle, and Pinkie tried out a comedy routine. Once the montage was over, Usagi flopped onto one of the gym mats, exhausted. Nothing had worked so far despite her teammates' efforts, and she was starting to lose hope already. As she began to whine in frustration, who should show up but Bash and Smash.

"Hey, Tsukino." Bash greeted, taking a bite out of a triple cheeseburger.

"Oh, hi, Bash. Hi, Smash." Usagi greeted back in a flat and tired tone. 

"Geez, what's up with you?" Smash asked in a sarcastic and taunting tone.

"Oh, nothing you should know." Usagi replied, already irritated by the pair's nosiness....beakiness?

"Come on, babe, tell us." Smash continued prodding.

"First off, don't call me 'babe'. Second of all, if you really wanna know, I have to study for a test next week. Problem is, I don't know how. The usual method just doesn't work for me."

"Hmmm..." Bash said. "Wanna know a little secret?"

"Let me guess, it's either gonna cost a date or a kiss. Because I'm not going to do either."

"Nah," Bash said. "This one's on the house, since we're feeling nice today." With a whisper, Bash told Usagi the secret: "The secret to taking tests...is to cheat."
"Ch-ch-ch-ch-cheat?" Usagi asked. "Isn't that wrong?"

"It isn't if you don't get caught." Smash said, starting to walk away with Bash. Usagi just stared up at the ceiling and sighed. If there was no other option...then she'd cheat. Besides, it was just for one test. It couldn't hurt to be a little bad, right? ...Right...? Her thoughts were once again interrupted, this time by the familiar beep-beep-ba-ba-beep-beep of her Power Watch. With a grunt, Usagi got up and joined the others, teleporting to where Sciance was. 

"All right, guys!" Naruto declared. "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!"

"MULTIVERSE, SAVE CORE EARTH!"

"ANKYLOSAURUS!"

"TRICERATOPS!"

"STEGOSAURUS!"

"HADROSAURUS!"

"TYRANNOSAURUS!"

"POWER RANGERS!"

Sciance promptly laughed with sadistic glee once she saw the Rangers. "Ah, if it isn't the Power Rangers." she said, grinning evily. "Here, have a warmup before the battle." And with that, she summoned a group of Imps. The team promptly split up, and began to fight: Naruto proceeded to punch and kick at the Imps, Usagi did a few flip kicks, Toby rammed one Imp into another, Lettuce improvised with a double groin kick, and Pinkie did a double buck with all four of her hooves. Once the Imps were defeated, the Rangers regrouped to face Sciance. "I am indeed impressed with your combat skills, Rangers. But you can't have brawn without BRAINS!" Raising her arms, two balls of electricity shot out of Sciance's palms and shocked four out of the five Rangers. When the deed was done, Naruto, Toby, Lettuce, and Pinkie emitted dopey, slow giggles and groans.

"...Shiny costumes..." they said goofily, looking at each other.

Usagi looked at them, and gasped, turning to look at Sciance. "My friends! What have you done to them?!"

Sciance let off a wicked giggle, then said, "I have simply done what I was created for. You see, Yellow Ranger, Emperor Diabolica created me with but one purpose: to steal the intelligences of you and your friends. Though, I feel that I should spare you."

"Huh?!" Usagi asked, surprised.

"It seems to me," Sciance began. "that you are not worth my time. Unsurprising, seeing as you're considering cheating on your next test."

"..." Usagi kept silent, her eyes widening in shock.

"Oh, yes...I know you're considering cheating, seeing as you won't even bother to study. How does it feel knowing that you're taking the easy way out?" Sciance taunted.

Usagi, not taking any more of this, promptly shut up Sciance. "You know, it isn't easy for me to study! I can't focus that well, I'm not that interested in school anyway...but by gosh, I'm NOT going to cheat! And you're not going to hurt my friends or anyone else! WIND STAFF!" she shouted, summoning her Power Weapon. Sciance began laughing again, utterly amused at the thought that a staff could do anything.

"A staff? Really? How pathetic. What do you expect to do with that, child?"

"I'm going to defeat you! No questions asked!" Usagi declared.

"Is that so?" Sciance retorted, pumping her arm cannon. "En garde."

With a yell, the two charged into one-on-one battle, with Usagi having the Wind Staff positioned in front of her, and Sciance having her arm cannon aiming at her opponent. Sciance fired a medium-sized laser ball at Usagi, only to find the projectile getting deflected back at her. "AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!" she screamed as she fell, the impact causing a small explosion. "No...how?!" 

"I'll tell you how." Usagi bragged. "I'm not cheating." And with that, she grabeed Sciance's arm cannon and tore it off. Using all of her strength, Usagi then promply brought her staff down onto Sciance's head, causing her to explode. At the same time, the other four Rangers were released from their stupor, having regained their intelligences. Usagi ran to them, checking to see if they were all right.

"Ugh...my head." Naruto groaned. "You guys OK?"

"Uh-huh." Pinkie grunted.

"Yep." Lettuce said.

"Roger that." Toby said.

"Thank goodness you guys are OK!" Usagi said, hugging each of them. The reunion, however, was cut short by Sciance growing into a giant.

"Hmmm, it seems I now have both brains and the brawn!" she taunted.

Naruto simply gave a nod to Usagi, who shouted, "WE NEED DINOZORD POWER NOW!" Sciance's eyes widened as the Dinozords were summoned and the Rangers got into the cockpits, realizing that she no longer had the upper hand. Once the Rangers had affirmed that they were ready, the Multimegazord was formed. Readying itself for battle, the giant robot charged itself at Sciance, who blocked it from attacking. The Multimegazord was able to counter the block by punching Sciance in the face, rather hard. Sciance countered with another electric orb like last time, knocking the robot back and causing sparks to fly. Once the Multimegazord regained its balance, it promptly dropkicked the monster.

"Ha...is that all you've got?" Sciance muttered, laughing weakly. Those were, unfortunately, her last words as she was struck by the Power Sword. 

Later on, when the Rangers were hanging out, Usagi was sitting at a table, head facing downward. The others were sitting around her, concerned looks on their faces. "Usagi, what's wrong?" Pinkie asked.

"...I still haven't found a good way to study..." Usagi replied, before her Power Watch beeped.

"If I may interrupt," Omnus said. "Alpha and I may have a solution to your problem, Usagi."

"Wha-?" Usagi began, before what looked like a manga was teleported down in front of her. "Oh, awesome! Thanks!"

"It is no trouble at all." Omnus said, cutting off the connection.

One week later, Usagi was in her English class, taking her test. She was unusually focused, double-checking her answers and going back to the harder ones later. "All right, class, writing utensils down." the teacher called. "Pass your tests up to the front." The class did so, awaiting class to be dismissed. The bell soon rang, and everyone got out of their seats. As Usagi was walking out, the teacher called her name once again, much to Usagi's ire.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Miss Tsukino...you did well on this test. Not the best, but you did certainly better compared to last week." This caused Usagi to smile widely, happy to finally get a good grade. "Would you like me to grade it now?"

"Yes, please!" Usagi replied, nodding fervently. A few minutes later, and the test was handed back to her: A C. Not the best, but good. With a yell of joy, Usagi promptly ran out of the class.

"Miss Tsukino, slow down!" Usagi, didn't listen however, of the sound of a trip, then a groan, came from outside.

"I'm okay..." Usagi groaned, getting up and walking out of the school. Once she was out, she let out a triumphant "WOO-HOO!"

The Red Flaw: Part I

Our story begins, as per usual, with our heroes, the Power Rangers, hanging out in Coastal Falls' Gym and Juice Bar. Each of them were occupied with various activities: Naruto was excercising, Toby was studying his Pokedex, Pinkie and Lettuce were having a shake-drinking contest, and Usagi was playing a handheld video game. "Hey, guys." Toby spoke up. "Did you know that even though Pokemon are of fifferent species, they can breed with one another if they're in the same Egg Group?"

"Cool." Lettuce replied, still focused on his contest with Pinkie. With a yelp, Lettuce gripped his head in a case of brainfreeze.

"YIPPEE, I WIN!" Pinkie cheered, then her expression turned into one of concern. "...You OK, Letty?"

"Yeah." Lettuce said. "Just some brainfreeze from drinking my shake too fast."

Pinkie winced in response. "Ooh...rub your temples, it'll help stop."

"Noted." the penguin replied, raising his flippers to the sides of his head and rubbing them in circles.

"Hey, Usagi." Toby said. "I didn't know you had a Pokedex too!"

"Hm?" the blonde girl asked, then realized with a laugh what Toby had pondered. "Oh nononono, this isn't a Pokedex." the Yellow Ranger giggled. "It's a video game."

"Ohhh..." Toby replied, nodding. "I play those all the time."

Before Usagi could respond, Bash and Smash appeared, presumably to taunt the Rangers as usual despite all previous occurences pointing out that to do so was a bad idea. "Hellooo, ladies and dorks!" Bash greeted. With a groan, Lettuce got out of his seat.

"What do you two nimrods want?" the penguin grunted, obviously not amused at the duo's usual shtick.

"Oh, nothin'." Smash bragged. "Just the usual."

Lettuce sighed, and faceflippered. "Guys, get it through your heads already. You aren't cool by doing this. In fact, it's pretty annoying, and all five of us are sick and tired of it."

"Oh, yeah?" Bash taunted, a sneer forming on his beak. "Who's gonna make us?"

Before anyone could respond, a certain voice came from behind Bash and Smash. "Me." Slowly turnuing around, the duo came beak-to-beak with Blackhawk. Uh-oh...
"O-oh, hey Blackhawk." Smash stuttered. "Fancy seeing you here."

Blackhawk's only response was to give Smash an unamused stare, as if to say 'Yeah, what a surprise'. With a cough, the bird of prey looked at his cohorts. "You know, it's common decency to leave someone alone and not bother them when they ask. You and I both know how to act right around people. So why don't you?" Bash and Smash didn't answer, just staring at Blackhawk like they were stupid. "That's what I thought. Listen to me and listen to me well, fellas. I don't want you two bothering these guys again. Or else there will be consequences. Got it?"

"Got it." Bash and Smash said, nodding.

"Good." Blackhawk said. "Now go." Bash and Smash did so, running off to some other part of the gym.

"Thanks for getting rid of them." Toby said. "What Lettuce told them has some merit, honestly. Don't they ever get tired of it? And besides, we've had to kick their butts when they won't listen the first time. You think they'd get it by now."

"I see your point," Blackhawk began. "but that doesn't mean Bash and Smash are really bad guys. Sure, they may act tough, but they're honestly rather friendly and nice if you get to know them like I have. So give them a chance, for my sake."

Naruto, not having spoken up at all, stopped what he was doing and finally did so. "I think we should, guys."

"Why?" Toby asked.

"Because they aren't being clownish bullies for no reason." Naruto replied. "Usually, when someone bullies, they have at least some kind of motivation. For example, some bullies pick on others because they have low self-esteem. Other reasons can range from mental problems to even abuse."

Blackhawk gave a nod before he spoke. "Well, neither Bash nor Smash have any mental problems, nor do I think that they were ever abused."

"Maybe they're just lonely and need friends." Pinkie suggested.

"You know, I think you're onto something." Naruto said to the mare. "Blackhawk, do Bash and Smash have any other friends besides you?"

Blackhawk pondered this for a moment, then answered, "No, actually. They don't, preferring to spend time in either each other's company or mine. It's pretty limiting in terms of a social circle, really."

After a bit of debating between all five of them, Naruto said, "Then it's settled: we'll try and reach out to them rhe best we can."

"Here, here!" the others replied.

Meanwhile, on the Diabolic, Emperor Diabolica and his minions were sitting around, plotting on how to destroy the Rangers this time. Arising from his throne and pacing back and forth, Diabolica suddenly had an idea. "I HAVE A PLAN TO DESTROY THE RANGERS ONCE AND FOR ALL!"

With a groan, Vipera looked at her master, an unamused and flat glare plastered onto her face. "Do tell us of this brilliant plan, Emperor."

With a growl, Emperor Diabolica bared his teeth at Vipera, looking her dead in the eyes. "I have no time or patience for your sarcasm, Vipera. Furthermore, I will not tell any of you my plan just yet." Now focusing on Drako, who was busy reading some kind of tome on magic, Diabolica said, in a calmly disturbing tone, "Drako, send down a Bloodbeast. Pronto." Nodding, Drako went to his chambers and proceeded to pick out a statuette resembling an anthropomorphic koi fish. Drawing some blood from Baphomet and pouring it into a vial, he performed the usual ritual, and the statuette grew into a creature with a white and orangeish-gold coloration, with black beady eyes, one on each side of his face, if you could call it that.

"Introducing Dr. Koi." Drako said, then looked at his creation. "Are you sure you want this one, Emperor Diabolica? He doesn't have much of an advantage."

"I see your point." Diabolica replied. "He won't have an advantage, yes, but he still factors into what I have plotted. Send him down."

"Yes, sire." Drako said, sending Dr. Koi down to Coastal Falls.

Back at the Gym and Juice Bar, the Rangers were discussing ways to befriend Bash and Smash, with Blackhawk observing them and offering suggestions. As if on cue, the familiar beep of the Power Watches occurred, causing Blackhawk to glare at them questioningly.

"Sorry, Blackhawk, but we have to go." Naruto said.

"Where, exactly?" the latter asked. "And why?"

"A place." Lettuce piped up. "To do things."

With a shrug, Blackhawk let them go free, and the five went outside. "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!" they said together.

"ANKYLOSAURUS!"

"STEGOSAURUS!"

"TRICERATOPS!"

"HADROSAURUS!"

"TYRANNOSAURUS!"

Teleporting to the battlefield, the Rangers posed, with an explosion occuring behind them. "POWER RANGERS!" they announced in unison. Dr. Koi let out a laugh, which sounded like an underwater gargle-choke. With a wave of his fin-hand, Dr. Koi summoned the usual squadron of Imps, and the Rangers prepared for battle. Charging forward, Naruto took the ringleader head on, doing a flying punch to the small demonoid's face. The Imp shrieked, clutching its face in its clawed hands. Seeing an opportunity for attack, Naruto promptly kicked it hard in the torso, causing it to self-destruct. Toby, when confronted with an Imp, stared his opponent down and ran at it, with the Imp doing the same. Timing his attack, Toby proceeded to grab the creature by the arms, spin it around, and let go. 

The Imp promptly went flying off into the distance, never to be seen again. Lettuce, outnumbered by two Imps, picked one up using all his strength, and tossed it at the other. The opponents proceeded to go KABOOM from the impact. With only two Imps left for Pinkie and Usagi to take care of, the two girls of the team decided to work together in finishing the fight. Spreading herself flat onto the ground, Pinkie let Usagi grab her hind legs and pick her up, which was surprisingly easy. Keeping her body still, Usagi began spinning in a circular motion and when the time was right, Pinkie launched her at their opponent. The Imp was promptly destroyed, and Usagi and Pinkie promptly switched places, successfully defeating the last Imp.

The last member of the cannon fodder defeated, the Rangers now focused their sights on defeating Dr. Koi. The fish-monster charged at them, his fin-hands curled up into a fist and ready to attack. Unfortunately, as Koi's eyes were on the sides of his head, the attempt was ineffective to say the least. "Psssh." Toby said. "This guy should be easy to beat."

"Right!" Naruto said, positioning himself for battle. "Get into position, team!" The others nodded, with Toby and Lettuce at the sides, Naruto in the front, Usagi and Pinkie in the back. The team all launched simultaeneous kicks at Dr Koi, who took the full force. Now on the ground, Koi got up, and proceeded to do a double punch on Toby and Lettuce. The two fell back, sparks flying.

"I stand corrected." Toby said. "This guy won't be easy to beat."

"You're forgetting something." Lettuce replied. "He can only see on the sides of his head."

"Oh, right. That means we have the advantage."

"Exactly. Let's summon our Power Weapons!"

The other Rangers, having heard Lettuce, did so. "FIRE BLADE!" Naruto shouted.

"WATER AX!"

"EARTH MACE!"

"WIND STAFF!"

"DIAMOND BOOMERANG!"

The weapons struck Dr. Koi, but the Rangers were not finished yet. Stacking their weapons, the team let out their final attack: "POWER BLASTER CANNON!" Firing the weapon's laser, the Rangers watched as the beam hit Dr. Koi, destroying him.

Back on the Diabolic, Emperor Diabolica observed the entire battle, as per the norm. However, he was unusually calm about a monster being defeated. A grin spreading across his face, Diabolica uttered, "Forces of chaos, make my Bloodbeast grow." His tone was serene, almost unsettling. Watching as the usual red lightning bolt struck the ground, one thought echoed in the Emperor's head. "All according to plan."

Getting back to our heroes, they witnessed Dr. Koi grow to the size of a giant. They, of course, knew the drill. "WE NEED DINOZORD POWER, NOW!" the team said in unison. Once the Multimegazord formed, the Rangers pondered on what to do. 

"I think we should just use the Power Sword straight away." Toby suggested.

"Yeah, me too." Lettuce agreed. "He's already kinda weaksauce anyway."

"Me three!" Pinkie spoke.

"Uh-huh!" Usagi said.

"All right, then, it's settled! Summon Power Sword!" At the Red Ranger's behest, the mighty weapon was summoned, landing blade side down. Picking up the sword, the Multimegazord posed with it briefly, then charged at the monster. Dr. Koi stood there, unaware of what was going to happen. Thus, he didn't flinch as the Power Sword came down on him, exploding from the impact. On the Diabolic, Drako began bowing before his Emperor, who turned to look at him with a stern look.

"Get up, you sniveling whelp. You have not failed me. In fact, you've done your part well, Drako." the Tauran growled.

"W-what do you mean?" the wizardly lizard stammered, rather confused.

"Have you not been listening to what I've been saying?" Diabolica asked, facing the ship's screen. "I sent a monster in order to distract the Rangers from my real plan."

"And what would that be?" Drako inquired.

"You will see. For now, you must perform another task for me. I need you to teleport the Red Ranger on board. Don't ask any questions. Just do as I say." Drako nodded, and moved over to a set of controls that were not often used. Locking on to Naruto, he pressed a button and fired a beam out onto Core Earth.

In the Multimegazord's cockpit, the Rangers were celebrating another victory when Naruto was suddenly teleported. The Rangers looked where he'd once been, all with different reactions. "Whoa! What the heck?!" Toby asked.

"What the heck is right." Usagi said. "Where'd he go?"

"Maybe he went back to the Juice Bar?" Toby guessed.

"No, it's not like him to do that." Pinkie said. 

"Good point, but we'd better check just to make sure." Lettuce said.

"Right." the other Rangers agreed, teleporting out.

Naruto, at this point, found himself on the Diabolic, grunting in pain and on his knees. "W-where am I...?" he asked himself, and then he looked up: Emperor Diabolica was standing right in front of him. "Emperor Diabolica! I knew this was all you!"

"Hello to you too, Naruto. I'm so glad you decided to drop by." the Emperor taunted smugly.

"What do you want from me?" Naruto asked, not getting an immediate answer. "ANSWER ME, DAMN YOU!"

Diabolica let out a long hard laugh. "You haven't caught on yet, have you? To the fact that there must be an important reason you're here? Well, since you asked...you are here for a very special project, Red Ranger. One that I can use to turn you against your teammates." At this, he turned to Circe and Kraky. "Restrain him." At this, the two lackeys brought out a large restraining table and strapped down a struggling Naruto. "Oh, and one more thing before we begin: don't even think about morphing. I made sure that in case any of you were to come aboard, I put an anti-molecular transmutation field around my ship."

Meanwhile, back at the Juice Bar, the other Rangers were looking around for Naruto. They were not having any luck so far, but then Toby saw Blackhawk walking back in. Maybe he knew where Naruto was. "Hey, Blackhawk!" Toby said, running up to the avian. "Do you know where Naruto is?"

Blackhawk looked at him questioningly. "No, I thought he was with you guys last time I saw. Why?"

At this, Toby became nervous and his eyes darted back and forth, trying to come up with an excuse. All that came out though was "Ummm...uhhh..."

His expression serious, Blackhawk lowered his voice to a whisper. "...I know you're the Power Rangers."

Everyone's eyes widened, and their mouths clenched into an alerted expression. "WHAT?!" All five shouted in shock. Blackhawk shushed them so that attention wouldn't center on them, lest their secret be known to everyone.

"Yes, I know your secret." he continued. "But I'm not going to tell it to anyone else, since I promised a little robot that I wouldn't. When I make a promise, I keep my word."

"Ohohoh!" Pinkie piped up. "I keep my promises too! I call them Pinkie Promises! Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!" At this, she did a few motions, indicating each phrase.

"Yeeeaaahhh..." Lettuce said, looking at Pinkie then at Blackhawk. "So, our friend Alpha 8 told you our secret?"

"No," Blackhawk stated. "Do you remember last Christmas, when Toby starred in A Christmas Carol?"

"Oh, yeah...that was when Cursed Kringle attempted to take over Core Earth after he betrayed Emperor Diabolica." Usagi said.

"I remember now! He ended up revealing our identities to everyone, and then Emperor Diabolica erased everyone's memories." Lettuce said.

"...Except mine." Blackhawk said. "After Emperor Diabolica killed Cursed Kringle, I spoke to Alpha, and he told me that somehow my memories were preserved and to consider it a little Christmas gift from me to him."

Toby simply nodded. "Now, back to the task at hand, we need to find Naruto."

"Right," Blackhawk said. "Did anything unusual happen when you were fighting a monster?"

"...Now that you mention it, he teleported out when we defeated that fish-monster earlier." Toby said.

"And the monster was really weak. Usually, the battles take longer." Usagi said. "But what does that have to do with Naruto going missing?"

"Wait a minute...the monster was really weak and Naruto teleported randomly...I have an idea: what if Emperor Diabolica was just distracting us, and had a bigger plan involving Naruto?" Pinkie suggested.

"Pinkie, you're a genius!" Toby said, patting her on the head. "We need to get to the Command Center and warn Omnus!"

"Right!" the others said.

As all this was going on, however, Diabolica's plan was already underway. Circe, Kraky, Vipera, and Baphomet were gathered, watching Naruto struggle. Drako, meanwhile, stood by awaiting orders. "Crew of the Diabolic," the Emperor began. "We are gathered here to witness the birth of our newest member: the Blood Ranger! Drako, if you will, extract a Bloodbeast soul."

At this, Drako's eyes widened in fear. "M-my Emperor, the forces of Chaos are not to be messed with! This could have apocalyptic conseque-"

"SILENCE!" Diabolica screeched. "DO AS I SAY, OR YOU WILL BE PUNISHED SEVERELY!" Seeing that Emperor Diabolica was serious, Drako understood that he had no choice in the matter, but the Emperor would soon learn that there were things those of the material plane were not meant to know. Going into his chambers, Drako summoned a soul, which resembled a reddish glowing orb, and then retrieved what resembled a golden syringe. Transferring the soul into the syringe, Drako handed it to Diabolica.

"AND NOW, RED RANGER, PREPARE TO BECOME MY NEWEST MINION!" Diabolica shouted, injecting the needle into Naruto's arm. Immediately, his body began to pulsate, his skin starting to harden and turn red. Naruto's hair receded until he has bald, as if the hair growth was reversing. His iris and pupils shrunk, then darkened as a visor-like ring formed around his eyes. Naruto's hands began to trans form into claws, the bones cracking and rearranging themselves as such. His feet became boot-like as his toes fused together and his skin continued hardening into an armor. He was not morphing, but physically transforming into a new and demonic Ranger form, aware of it and screaming, even as his mouth literally started to shrink and form the mouth part of what could be called the helmet. When the process was finished, Naruto now resembled a more terrifying form of his Red Ranger suit. His skin was now a deep crimson armor, with the symbol of Core Earth on the chest replaced with what resembled an eight-point star, with the points themselves replaced with eight arrows. This was the symbol of Chaos itself, undivided. Naruto promptly proceeded to break out of the restraints and rose to face Emperor Diabolica.

"IT WORKED!" the Emperor shouted with glee. "Blood Ranger, as my newest minion, I'd like you to take up the task and succeed where these idiots-" At this the Emperor felt his windpipe close up, and all that could be heard was  a wheezing choke and gag as Naruto had begun to choke him, using newfound psychic powers.

"No, Emperor Diabolica..." Naruto said, his voice having become deep and gravelly as a result of his transformation. "It is you who are the idiot. You honestly thought that you could control the forces of Chaos? Don't make me laugh. The Chaos Gods see you as a joke: you are petty and selfish, not caring for those you serve you, nor for the interests of your empire. You only care for yourself. But I am not going to kill you. I am going to keep you alive, just so you can watch me succeed at what you've failed to do...conquer all of reality." Diabolica was immediately thrown across the room, slamming his head against a wall and being knocked out as a result. Turning to the others, the Blood Ranger growled, "Do not follow me, for I will return to deal with you later. Now, however, I have a certain team of heroes I need to take care of." And so, he teleported away.

After a moment of silence, Vipera was the first to speak. "We must go after him." she hissed.

"Huh?" Circe and Kraky replied, confused.

"You heard me. We must go after him. Otherwise, how can WE take over Core Earth ourselves?!"

"My sentiments exactly!" Baphomet said. "Quickly! We must teleport to Core Earth!" And so, the four did, leaving Drako alone. Turning towards the ship's screen, he let out a sigh, and began speaking to Diabolica's unconscious body.

"I'd hate to say it, my Emperor. But you are indeed a petty and selfish fool. I warned you that your plan would have consequences, and I was right. Now you have not only put the Rangers in danger, but your own minions and the entire multiverse as well. That is why I intend to clean up your mess by allying myself with the Rangers. You may not understand, or even comprehend why I'm doing this, but it's for your own good. Farewell." He then teleported to Core Earth, the Diabolic now abandoned for the moment...kind of. 

Meanwhile, Naruto had teleported himself to the Command Center, where Omnus and Alpha were waiting. "Hello, mentor." he greeted sarcastically. Omnus looked up at him, a look of shock on his face.

"By the gods..." he muttered. "It can't be...it's far too early for Chaos to make itself known." Turning to Alpha, he shouted, "ALPHA! WE MUST EVACUATE THE COMMAND CENTER IMMEDIATELY!"

"Ay-yi-yi!" the little robot panicked. "Where are we going to go?!"

"To the deepest level of the Command Center: the Power Chamber." Omnus said. "There is a hidden elevator to the right. It will take you directly to the Chamber. I will hold the intruder off, just long enough so that you can make it."

"B-but Omnus...that's Naruto you're fighting!" Alpha said, worried.

"No. That is but a servant of Chaos, using Naruto as a puppet. Hurry!" Alpha nodded, opening the elevator door and getting in. Naruto lunged forward, but was grabbed by the leg by Omnus and pulled back. With a grunt, Naruto fell, face on the floor. Getting up, he attempted to punch Omnus, who countered with a block, then a kickflip.

"Impressive." Naruto said. "If I can't defeat you physically, maybe I can defeat you mentally!" Unleashing a psychic attack, it hit Omnus, who screamed and held his head in pain. This seemed to work, until Naruto fell back also holding his head. Omnus got up and smirked.

"You forget one thing, Chaos servant. I have protected myself against your kind for thousands of years, and I will not stop now or ever." With that, Omnus made his way to the elevator, which began to descend. Naruto decided to use the last trick up his sleeve: cut off all power and communications. That way, he reasoned, the Rangers would have no way to communicate with their mentor so that they couldn't find a solution to their upcoming defeat. If he was lucky, maybe he could trap Omnus in the elevator. Unfortunately for him, it was too late to do the latter, but he succeeded in doing the former by destroying the building's computers. Satisfied with his work, Naruto teleported out, just as the Rangers were coming.

When the Rangers and Blackhawk arrived, they found that the Command Center was pitch-black. "Odd..." Blackhawk said. "I thought it'd be...brighter."

"Yeah, no shit, Sherlock." Toby said. "...And where are Omnus and Alpha? They're usually always here."

"Maybe their in another part of the building." Lettuce suggested. "See if you can communicate with them."

Toby nodded, trying to oprn communications, but got no answer. "...It's dead. Looks like we can't get any help in this. And we still haven't found Naruto."

"Wait...I hear something outside." Usagi said. "Maybe hope isn't lost after all."

"Usagi's right. There is something outside. Maybe it's Naruto looking for us." Blackhawk said.

Nodding, Toby teleported the six of them out...only to be confronted by the Blood Ranger. "Well, well, well. I've been looking all over for you guys." he bragged.

"Naruto...what happened to you?!" Toby said, shocked.

"Nothing you need to worry about...since these are about your last moments to live." Naruto said, firing a beam  at all six, knocking them forward. "Now," he said, walking forward and materializing a large sword. "prepare to die." Before he could land the final blow, however, Blackhawk flew at him, quite literally, letting out a predatory screech as he punched Naruto quite hard. Naruto grunted, looking at his assailant. "You dare attack me? Just who do you think you are?"

"I am a bringer a light, a balancer between might and magic, good and evil. I am Blackhawk Little, practicer of the ancient Woo Foo art, and it is you who are facing your last moments, daemon. Who do you serve, bringer of Chaos? The Blood God? The Changer of Ways? The Lord of Decay? Perhaps even She Who Thirsts?" Blackhawk proclaimed, staring Naruto down.

"I serve no one, mortal. I serve only Chaos Undivided. And my only desire is to destroy this pathetic reality, make it my own realm within the Warp." Naruto said, giving the impression of a smirk though he had no mouth.

"I won't let you!" Blackhawk shouted, gearing up for another attack. As he did, though, Naruto teleported to a spot where he was out of reach for Blackhawk.

"Do not waste your breath, I have no time for you." he said. "But if you wish to try and defeat me, then your pitiful challenge is accepted." And so, he teleported away for the last time.

Toby sighed. "...We can't defeat him. We'll lose for sure."

"...Not all hope is lost." said a voice. The Rangers and Blackhawk looked in the direction from where it came, and saw Drako in front of them. "I am Drako, creator of Bloodbeasts, servant to the Changer of Ways, and-"

"Wait...YOU'RE the guy who's been creating Bloodbeasts for Emperor Diabolica?! So you knew of this plan all along!" Toby accused.

"Well, y-yes and no..." Drako began, but was once again interrupted, this time by Blackhawk.

"...And you serve one of the Chaos Gods as well? You aren't making a very good case here, pal."

"I assure you that while I serve Tzeentch-" Drako continued, but Blackhawk interrupted again.

"DON'T SAY THEIR NAMES!" he shouted. "It gives Them power, and that's something I don't want happening. Understand?"

Drako nodded. "As I was saying, while I do serve Him, I did not know of Emperor Diabolica's plan. In fact, I abhor simply using Chaos without an understanding or a purpose."

"But how can we trust you?" Lettuce asked.

"I am versed in the inherent magic of the Warp, and may have a solution to your problems. As to what it ia, that would be telling, wouldn't it?"

"I don't know..." Usagi said.

"I think we can trust him." Pinkie said, as everyone but Drako turned to look at her. "Think about it. Naruto's too powerful for us to take on at the moment, and we can't talk to Omnus and Alpha, so we can't find a way out of this so easily."

"You got me." Toby said. "...He can join us, but he has to promise not to betray us, backstab us, or any kind of thing like that."

"I make no promises." Drako said. "But I can least try."

"...Close enough." Toby said. "BACK TO ACTION!"

To be continued...

Spoiler

NOTES/TRIVIA:

-First part of "The Red Flaw", a five part (technically six) story arc meant to cap off the first half of season 1.

-We find out that the "forces of chaos" are more ominous and terrifying than first presented.

-The Chaos Gods and a place known as the Warp are first mentioned here. These plot points will be revisited in the season 1 finale, and will affect the rest of the series in different ways.

-We find out the name of one of the Gods: Tzeentch, and that Drako worships him.

-Omnus is also aware of Chaos, and mentions that it's "too early" for something related to it directly to appear. Just what is he hiding?

-Blackhawk is aware of Chaos as well, and seems to be absolutely against it.

-First appearance of the Blood Ranger, the arc's main antagonist.

• Like 2