• Advertisement

Power Rangers: Multiverse Force

The Red Flaw: Part II

Previously on Power Rangers: Multiverse Force...

What starts out as a typical day for the Power Rangers quickly turns into something bigger as Emperor Diabolica hatches a new scheme: create an evil Ranger to use against the others! Unfortunately, things go wrong as this new Blood Ranger has his own ideas and betrays Diabolica. With Baphomet, Circe, Kraky, and Vipera wanting to use the Blood Ranger for their own ends, Drako decides that he has no other choice but to join the Rangers in cleaning up Emperor Diabolica's mess. Meanwhile, Naruto goes missing, and Blackhawk tells the Rangers that he knows their secret. When an intruder invades the Command Center, Omnus realizes that it's Naruto as the Blood Ranger initiating his plan to defeat the team. With himself and Alpha 8 evacuating to the lowest levels of the base, all power and communications are shut down, leaving the Rangers in between a rock and a hard place. After a battle with the Blood Ranger, Blackhawk decides to team up with the Rangers, and Drako joins shortly afterwards. Now on a mission to stop Naruto, the seven have to get past a certain quartet of villains first...

When we last left our heroes, they were gearing up to hunt for Naruto and prevent him from conquering Core Earth. The problem was that they didn't have a plan, and they didn't know where he had gone to, so they were very much stuck. "I think," Drako said. "that we should start looking for Baphomet, Vipera, Circe, and Kraky."

"Are they after Naruto too?" Toby asked.

"Yes." Drako replied. "They're after the same thing he is: conquest of this planet."

"That's bad." Usagi said.

"Obviously." Blackhawk said. "We should probably take care of those four first before we deal with Naruto."

"Excellent idea." Drako said. "Though there is a disadvantage."

"And what, pray tell, is that?"

"There is a definite chance that the daemon controlling him will become more powerful." Drako said. 

"Thrn that's a risk we'll have to take." Blackhawk said.

"Oh, all right." Drako sighed.

"Now that that's settled, where do we start looking?" Usagi asked.

"I am...not sure." Drako said. "I apologize."

"Oh, it's no trouble." Usagi said. "I was just asking."

And so, the seven pondered. And pondered. And pondered some more, until Blackhawk thought of something. "I hate to say this, and I really do, but do you have some sort of tracking magic we can use to find Naruto and the others?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." Drako said, cracking his knuckles. "Watch and learn.

O Deo forti in magica,

ut ad me in semita Baphometus!"

Once the incantation was done, everyone looked at him. "Well?" Toby asked. "Where's Baphomet?"

"...He seems to be located in the vicinity of a stadium." Drako said. 

"A stadium, huh?" Lettuce asked. "I wonder what he's be doing there."

"Knowing Baphomet, it's likely that it has something to do with blood sport." Drako replied. "That is never a good sign."

Meanwhile, above Coastal Falls, the Blood Ranger simply observed the city, pondering to himself. As if by intution, he suddenly rose his head to the sky, almost like he was looking up at something. "Diabolica's right hand...he is preparing something. As are the Rangers. I must kill them all." And with that, he teleported.

However, deep within his mind, something stirred within the Blood Ranger's subconcious: Naruto. The blonde ninja sat beneath a large cherry tree surrounded by a verdant field, the expanse infinite. He had his eyes closed, with his fists together, deep in meditation. He didn't like sitting here, knowing that the thing controlling his body was going after his friends in some psychotic bid for conquest. He had to break free of this facade of a prison. But how...? Coming out of nowhere, he heard a voice: "Hello, Naruto." The ninja slowly opened his eyes to see a large creature resembling a nine-tailed red fox, only more...demonic. With a yelp, Naruto pinned himself against the tree in surprise, cherry leaves falling around him.

"K-kurama?" he asked. "Is that really you?"

"Yes, it's me." the kitsune spoke deeply. "It is good to see you."

"Why are you here?" Naruto said.

"Can't I speak to my old friend?" Kurama replied snarkily.

"Don't bullshit me, Kurama. Why are you here?" Naruto repeated, his tone more serious.

"I thought I might help you. You are in quite the pickle, aren't you boy?"

"...Yeah, I am. Why?"

"I think I may have a solution."

"A solution? What kind?"

"That would be telling."

Deciding not to press the matter further (as he knew Kurama would not tell him if he kept it up), Naruto asked one final question: "Why didn't you ever contact me after I became a Ranger? You don't like me having any other power besides yours, right?"

"You're right, I don't. As for why I allow you to keep these new powers of yours, I am not certain. All I know is that it has something to do with fate."

"Fate?" Naruto asked.

"Yes, fate." Kurama answered, starting to walk away.

"WAIT!" Naruto shouted.

"Hm? What now? Make it quick, I have no time to waste."

"Where are you going?"

"To formulate my plan further."

"...Goodbye, Kurama."

"Goodbye, Naruto. We will meet again soon enough."

And with that, Naruto sat back under the tree, closing his eyes in meditation.

Back in Coastal Falls, the six heroes and Drako found themselves standing at the gates of the local stadium. From what they could see, there was nobody there but two Imps standing guard. One looked to the other, who just nodded. The first moved over to a speaker, and pressed a large button at the bottom center with its palm. "Sir," it spoke in a somewhat squeaky voice. "the Rangers are here, just as promised. And they've brought a couple of friends with them."

"Friends, hmmm?" Baphomet asked, his voice coming from the other end. "This'll make it more fun." When Baphomet finished speaking, a loud buzz was heard and the gates slowly opened with a slight creak. Walking in, the group found themselves staring at an empty field, with Baphomet standing in front of a microphone. "Welcome, Rangers! And what do we have here...Drako? I knew you couldn't resist betraying Diabolica!"

"I'm not." Drako answered. "Believe me, Baphomet, I am still loyal to the Emperor. I am simply cleaning up his mess." Sure he may have said it...but deep down, did he mean it?

"Whatever!" Baphomet said. "And, uh, who're you?" he asked Blackhawk.

"Who am I?" Blackhawk chuckled. "Who am I? I am Blackhawk Little, Woo Foo Knight, and your worst nightmare."

"Oh, please. I've faced dust mites tougher than you." Baphomet replied sarcastically.

"...Try me." Blackhawk shot back.

"Oh, I will." Baphomet said. "As I was saying, welcome, Rangers, to my gladiator arena! Your challenge for today will consist of fighting...Imps!"

Lettuce groaned. "Imps? You've gotta be kidding."

"This gonna be a piece of cake." Toby bragged.
"Yeah." Usagi grinned. "Bring it."
"Mmm, cake!" Pinkie said, licking her lips. Upon realizing what was going on around her her expression changed to one of getting pumped for battle. "I mean, GRR!"
"You think this'll be easy, don't you?" Baphomet asked, smiling wickedly. "Well, that's where you're wrong! Each of you will be given a group of seven Imps to fight, totaling up to 49! When you're finished, you'll be presented with the real challenge: combat against me! That is, if you can make it that far!"

"If I may iterrupt," came a voice. "I'd like to participate in your little challenge." That voice...it couldn't be...the Blood Ranger.

Baphomet let out a laugh. "Ooh, eight of you now? That means the total number of Imps will cone out to 64! How fun!"

"...64 of your cannon fodder will be no skin off my back." the Blood Ranger bragged. "As for your claims of being a mighty warrior, General Baphomet...Lord Khorne used to admire you. Given how you've failed in battle against these pitiful fools many a time, I'd say that you have fallen out of favor with Him."

"I HAVE NOT!" Baphomet screamed, summoning an army of 64 Imps. "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

"SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!" the Imp army finished, charging forward in a wave of red.

"Quickly, guys! We can make this easier on ourselves by summoning our Power Weapons!" Toby shouted.

"Right!" the others said.

"WATER AX!"

"EARTH MACE!"

"WIND STAFF!"

"DIAMOND BOOMERANG!"

Whispering to himself, the Blood Ranger said only two words: "Daemon Blade", and a rather large sword appeared, the center filled with holes and razor-sharp spikes at the sides of the hilt. The sword's handle was emblazoned with the symbol of Chaos Undivided, and the true names of the Chaos Gods: Kharnath. Tchar. Neigel. Slaaneth. Surrounding the sword were flames of mixed colors of red, blue, green, and purple, all created from the screaming souls of the damned, their wails of bloodlust, horror, sickness and pleasure even able to be heard amongst the noise of the battlefield.

As the battle was going on, each of the eight had different methods of attack, all brutal and violent. Blackhawk used a combination of magic and physical moves to beat the Imps into a mushy paste, Toby used his ax to dismember his opponents piece by piece, Lettuce gored them with his mace, Usagi beat hers to death with brute force, Pinkie finished her foes by decapitating them, Drako fired spells that seemed to melt the Imps, and the Blood Ranger simply cleaved through hordes of Imps, the blade sending them immediately to the Warp. From above, the sound of rumbling could be heard, and the slaughter immediately stopped, as if to investigate what was going on. What they saw next sent shockwaves through everyone: Vipera, on her motorcycle, literally flew into the center of battle and scooped up Baphomet, placing him onto the back seat. Turning to the Rangers, she said only one thing.

"...Rangers, I challenge you to a race."

To be continued...

Spoiler

NOTES/TRIVIA:

-Second part of the "Red Flaw" arc.

-First appearance: Kurama, who will continue to appear occasionally throughout season 1 after the arc.

-Kurama mentions the reason that he did not interfere in Naruto's Ranger duties is "fate". Given that we know of one of the Chaos Gods controlling fate, does this mean that the Rangers are connected to Chaos in some way?

-The original version of the last scene was going to be far longer, but I wanted to focus a bit more on the story aspect of the arc.

-We learn of another Chaos God, Khorne; as well as His battle cry of "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!". We also learn that Baphomet is implied to have served Khorne in the past.

-Khorne's and Tzeentch's true names are revealed: Kharnath and Tchar. But who are Neigel and Slaaneth...?

-More hints are given about the Warp: namely, that it might be an afterlife of some kind.

The Red Flaw: Part III

Previously on Power Rangers: Multiverse Force..

Deciding that they must take care of Emperor Diabolica's four other lackeys, the Rangers, Blackhawk, and Drako track Baphomet to a local sports stadium, which he has made into a gladiator arena. Challenging the seven to a battle against an army of Imps, they accept...only to find out that when Baphomet means an army, he MEANS an army. To make matters worse, the Blood Ranger arrives, intent to taking everyone out of the picture. Meanwhile, it seems Naruto is stuck inside his own subconcious with no way to stop the daemon controlling him, until an old friend arrives. Promising that he has a plan to help Naruto, Kurams leaves just as quickly as he came. Later on, in the midst of battle, Vipera arrives, and poses yet another challenge for the Rangers: a race.

"Rangers...I challenge you to a race." Vipera said, hovering on her motorcycle with Baphomet behind her.

"A race, huh?" Toby asked. "What's the catch here?"

"That would be telling, wouldn't it?" Vipera asked with a giggle. "I only expect you to be there quite soon. If you aren't, well...let's just say your pitiful city is doomed."
Blackhawk growled. "No...we won't let you! We won't let you destroy the city!"

"Well, then." Vipera taunted. "You'd better hurry, then. I know I am." And with a burst of purple flame, Vipera and Baphomet went away.

"...You heard them." Lettuce said. "We have to hurry."

"Oh, I don't think so." the Blood Ranger stated. "You will not be going anywhere...except to the Warp, where you will be the playthings of the Gods for all eternity." With that, he presented his Daemon Blade. "Do you accept your fate, or will your cowardice overtake you, allowing me to slaughter you easier?"

"...We accept." Lettuce said confidently, causing everyone else to give him a look.

"Lettuce, are you crazy?!" Blackhawk asked. "He's a daemon!"

"He isn't." Lettuce said. "He's our friend. And we have to help him break that thing's hold over him."

"It's suicide!" Toby protested.

"You're nuts!" Usagi said.

"...It's worth a try." Pinkie agreed.

"Yes, I agree." Drako said honestly.

"You do?!" everyone else asked, surprised.

"Yes." Drako explained. "If we can distract him long enough, I might be able to implement what I have planned."

"Which is...?" Blackhawk asked.

"An exorcism." Drako replied matter-of-factly. This caused surprised expressions of shock among the others, but Drako reassured them. "Do not worry. If we can distract him long enough, I may abe able to safely excise the daemon from his body."

"That's actually not a bad idea." Blackhawk said. "I say we do it."

"Wait..." Toby said. "Blackhawk, if you get struck by his sword, you'll be sent into the Warp."

"Don't worry." Blackhawk said. "I've faced Chaos before, and I can do it again."

Having grown tired of waiting, the Blood Ranger suddenly charged forward and stuck all seven, knocking them back and sending a shower of explosions and sparks everywhere. "Pathetic." he said. "And to think, I gave you a fighting chance and you wasted it by standing around."

"But we aren't down for the count. We still have our Power Weapons! WATER AX!" Toby shouted. The Blood Ranger still stood, despite the attack.

"Hold on, let me try." Lettuce said. "EARTH MACE!" Still nothing.

"WIND STAFF!" Nada.

"DIAMOND BOOMERANG!" ...Nope.

All of the attacks did not seem to phase their enemy, and he just stood there. Scoffing the Blood Ranger stared them down. "...See you at the race." he taunted before teleporting away once again.

"Damn, I thought that would work." Toby cursed.

"Chin up." Drako said. "We will be able to defeat him soon enough.

"How do you know?" Usagi asked.

"That would be telling, wouldn't it?" Drako asked.

"I guess." she admitted.

"We gotta hurry!" Pinkie said. "The race is about the start!"

"How do you know that?" Blackhawk said.

"Just a hunch." With that, all seven teleported.

When they arrived, they found themselves in the middle of a large spiraling racetrack, five looping roads in all. There were two large bleachers overlooking the track, the only people sitting  on them being Circe and Kraky on the left, and Drako on the right. Above each bleacher were two signs, one reading US and the other reading RANGERS. "Greetings, Rangers, and...whoever you are!" Vipera announced.

"My name is Blackhawk Little." the tall bird answered dryly. "And you are...?"

At this, Vipera scoffed, obviously shocked that someone as lowly as he would not know of her beauty! "Who AM I?! I AM VIPERA, EMPEROR DIABOLICA'S MOST CUNNING SERVANT, FUTURE RULER OF NEO-AUSTRAILASIA AND GODDESS, AND LOVER TO BAPHOMET!"

"...You're full of hot air, that's for sure." Blackhawk snarked under his breath.

"Anyway...Rangers and friend! This race is...rather unique. As you can see, the racing field is not one huge track, but rather five separate tracks, each complete with its own finish line. Your goal is to see who can get to the end of their track first." Vipera explained with a smirk.

"That simple?" Toby asked. He wasn't too sure about this...there had to be a catch.

"Of course! Would I lie to you?" Vipera asked.

"Yes. Yes you would." Lettuce replied. 

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." Vipera said. "Anyways...get ready! Or not, since you don't have any rides!"

"That's where you're wrong, Vipera!" Toby said. "ICE SMASHER!" he shouted, summoning his Power Vehicle.

"VERDE AEROPLANE!" Lettuce followed.

"ELECTRIC SHOCKER!" Pinkie and Usagi said in unison.

"Very impressive," Vipera commented. "But you're still short one vehicle. I like playing fair sometimes, you know."

"Wait..." Pinkie said. "I have an idea! A realy good idea! A superduperloopertrooper-"

"We get it, Pinkie." Lettuce said. "What is it?"

"What if Blackhawk drove the Fire Blazer?"

"That doesn't sound bad, actually. Blackhawk, can you drive?" Lettuce asked.

"Of course I can." Blackhawk said.

"OK then. You've seen us summon our vehicles, so you know what to do." Toby said.

"Right. FIRE BLAZER!"

"Now that that is settled, we can begin the race. On your marks, get set-"

"Wait." came the voice of the Blood Ranger. "I declare myself the fifth participant."

"..." Vipera stared, her plan of destroying the Rangers once and for all derailed. On the other hand, the Blood Ranger had that same goal in mind. Perhaps she could use this to her advantage. Ooh, Vipera thought. This will be fun. "You may enter." she said. "But you need a vehicle."

"Not to worry." said the Blood Ranger. "Chaos Racer." he muttered, summoning what looked to be a Formula One racer made out of flesh and metal. Blood rushed through the vehicle, and is chugged out multicolored flame.

"That's...rather amazing." Vipera commrnted. "Now, we can begin. On your marks, get set, GO!" At this everyone zoomed off, the race starting out pretty normally. That is, until a squadron of Imps appeared, five in all, on each track. 

"Oh, crap." Toby muttered. "I KNEW Vipera had a trick up her sleeve." The Imps on Toby's track promptly jumped onto him, almost causing him to crash. However, he kept one hand on the wheel...and with the other, began punching one Imp in the face, while at the same time shaking and tilting so that the others would fall off onto the road, then backtracking and crushing them beneath the Ice Smasher's wheels. Once the Imps were finished, Toby was confronted with a new, or rather old foe. "Road Hog?!" he shouted in surprise as said monster rode up next to him.

"That's right!" the leather coated punkish pig grunted. "Miss me, Blue Ranger?"

"B-but how?" Toby stammered.

"That would be telling." Road Hog snorted, ramming into Toby rather hard.

Toby growled and rammed back into Road Hog. Back and forth, back and forth...this went on for a while, until Toby had enough, and launched his Freeze Ray, freezing Road Hog solid. With a crash, the pig and his mototcycle broke into shards, which clued Toby onto something not being right.

Meanwhile, Lettuce zoomed through the air in the Aeroplane when he caught a glimpse of his track's Imps crawling all over his plane like gremlins. "...Oh boy." Lettuce said, faceflippering. Doing a barrel roll and watching the Imps fall to the ground, the penguin thought his troubles were over. That is, until General Skeleton appeared on the plane's wing and proceeding to crawl into the cockpit. After rubbing his eyes a couple of times to make sure he wasn't seeing things, Lettuce screamed. "HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!"

"I am." General Skeleton bragged. "Your point?"

Lettuce did not answer, but simply grabbed General Skeleton's head, snapped it off of his neck, and proceeded to toss both out of the cockpit. "FIRE ENERGY MISSILE TORPEDOS!" he shouted, firing the weapons at Skeleton, destroying his head in a fiery explosion. The general's body crumbled into dust immediately afterward.

Meanwhile, Usagi and Pinkie had encountered their squadron of Imps, and handily dealt with them via their car's electric shocks. What they weren't expecting, however, was to see two monsters, both familiar to them: Greedy Goat and Sciance. "Them?!" Usagi asked in surprise. "But how?!"

"I dunno, Usagi." Pinkie commented. "But something weird's going on, and we're gonna find out what. Now let's fibish these two with..."

Together, the duo said, "ELECTRIC CHARGE, STRIKE!", and activated the attack in question. Greedy Goat and Sciance both exploded from the jolts of electricity going through their bodies, being taken down easily.

Blackhawk, on the other hand, was having a harder time. That was to be expected when you were having to drive and fight Imps at the same time, focus constantly shifting between enemies and the road. Eventually, however, all the Imps were defeated, and a new enemy appeared in front of Blackhawk: Unirex. "Whoa," he muttered. "who the heck, or rather WHAT the heck, are you?"

"Your doom." Unirex growled, and he began drilling into the front of the Fire Blazer. Blackhawk promptly punched him off, but Unirex got back up and gripped onto the hood. Seeing no other choice, Blackhawk activated Fire Blaze, setting Unirex alight and melting his horn. Swerving hard so that the burning corpse was now lying on the road, Blackhawk continued on.

The Blood Ranger, however, had the far easiest time defeating the Imps on his track: he simply disembowled them, snapped their necks, among other fatal methods. Once they were finished, he was confronted with a very familiar enemy: Emperor Sphinx. "Ah, if it isn't Naruto." the cat-faced monster greeted.

"Naruto is dead." the Blood Ranger replied. "I am the Blood Ranger, conqueror of reality. You don't scare me in the slightest."

"Oh, and that's supposed to scare me? Bring it." Sphinx taunted.

"Challenged accepted." the Blood Ranger shot back, and began driving forward towards his opponent at the speed of light. As he did, somehow, the Blood Ranger disappeared for a single moment, and Naruto returned. Thinking quickly, Naruto rammed the Chaos Racer into the side, of a barrier, and jumped out. 

"Ah." Emperor Sphinx taunted. "You've decided to face me on foot. How cute." Those were his last words as Naruto struck him hard in the chest, causing him to explode. At that point, the Blood Ranger returned and Naruto disappeared. "Pathetic." said the Blood Ranger. "Killed by a single punch."

From the sidelines, Vipera observed all of these battles. "They may have defeated my fake monsters, but I have one last ace in the hole." At this, she converged on the four Power Vehicles. "Congratulations, Rangers. You overcame your foes."

"So YOU were behind this." Lettuce stated. "I knew this had your smell all over it."

"That explains why Road Hog went down so easily." Toby said. "He was..."

"...just a fake, created from magic, courtesy of Circe." Vipera finished. "Aren't I brilliant?"

"You're a cheater, that's for sure." Blackhawk said. 

"Cheater, brilliant, same thing." Vipera said. "Now, since you've defeated those six monsters, you have one more challenge to face: moi."

Blackhawk snorted. "Easy."

"We'll see." Vipera said, summoning her motorcycle and speeding off. The others quickly went after her, then Toby suddenly had an idea.

"What if we combined all of our vehicles into one?" he asked, turning to Lettuce.

"Good idea." Lettuce replied. 

"Wait, can you do that?" Blackhawk asked, confused.

"Dunno." Usagi said. "But it's worth a shot."

"Right." Toby said.

"FORM MEGARACER!" all except Blackhawk said. The Ice Smasher attached itself to the back of the Fire Blazer, creating the Megaracer's large body. The Electric Shocker split into two vehicles, one yellow and one pink, both of which became sidecars with a cannon on each, respectively. Finally, the Verde Aeroplane attached itself to the top of the Megaracer, adding the last component: a laser beam.

Vipera slowly turned around and muttered a single "Oh, fuck." That was when the Rangers and Blackhawk unleased the Megaracer Blast, destroying Vipera's motorcycle and leaving it a charred black husk. With a growl, Vipera hissed, "You will pay for that, Rangers. Mark. My. Wordssss." With that, she teleported away, along with Circe, Kraky, and Baphomet.

"Congratulations, Rangers!" Drako said as they pulled over to the right bleacher. "But I don't think this is over yet."

"It is not." the Blood Ranger whispered from afar. "The final battle draws nigh, and I will be the victor."

To be continued...

Spoiler

NOTES/TRIVIA:

-Third part of "The Red Flaw" story arc.

=Six past monsters return: Road Hog (Get Your Motor Running!), General Skeleton (Heightened Anxiety), Greedy Goat (All You Can't Eat), Sciance (She Blinded Me With Sciance), Unirex (Day of the Diabolic), and Emperor Sphinx (Pump It Up).

-First appearance of the Megaracer, the Power Vehicles' combined form.

-Blackhawk mentions he's faced Chaos before, hinting at his backstory.

-The Arc Words of The Red Flaw, "That would be telling", are a reference to the 1967 series The Prisoner.

-Vipera's motorcycle is destroyed in this episode.

-It appears Naruto is starting to break free of the Blood Ranger's influence.

Interesting to see four of the monsters I created, briefly return, even if they were just fakes. The Mega Racer is sure to come in handy against whatever the Blood Ranger has to throw at them, but what is keeping Omnus and Alpha 8?! o.o I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

The Red Flaw: Part IV

Vipera challenges the Rangers and Blackhawk to a race of her own design, one where they must defeat enemies from the past. Things get shaken up when the Blood Ranger joins in, and even more when Naruto shines through. Vipera then decides to give them one last challenge: having her as an opponent. The Rangers and Blackhawk, using the newly formed Megaracer, give Vipera a taste of her own medicine. Swearing revenge, she goes off with Circe, Kraky, and Baphomet to prepare one final tactic. From afar, the Blood Ranger watches, knowing that the final battle is about to begin...

At Vipera's racetrack, the Rangers, Blackhawk, and Drako were budy discussing events to come. "I fear that the final battle is to commence rather soon." Drako said in a foreboding tone.

"Let me guess...fate told you?" Blackhawk asked sarcastically.

"Not only that." Drako replied. "But the circumstances seem right as well."

"Drako has a point." Lettuce said. "Why else would Vipera and the others teleport away like that?"

"Because they're planning something?" Usagi guessed.

"Exactly." Drako said. 

"And, what if what they're planning is one last battle?" Pinkie pointed out.

"Then we'd better hurry." Blackhawk said. "This could be our chance to cure Naruto."

"Right!" the others said, driving away in the Megaracer.

"Oh, by the Chaos Gods, I hope all goes well..." Drako muttered before teleporting.

"Yes..." the Blood Ranger said, still far from the others. "Things will go well, but not for you." With a laugh, he teleported as well, leaving the racetrack barren.

Meanwhile, Vipera, Baphomet, Circe, and Kraky teleported to a warehouse district, pondering on what they should do next to defeat the Rangers. "Perhaps we stop playing games," Baphomet suggested. "and finally end this."

"Agreed, Baphomet. We'll face the Rangers in one last battle." Vipera said. "Circe, Kraky? What do you think?"

"I'm game!" Circe said excitedly.

"But it'll be five against one!" Kraky protested, which was met with a hard slap upside the head from Vipera.

"You idiot! I was talking about the Rangers themselves, not that Blackhawk fellow." she hissed.

"Sorry." Kraky apologized.

"Save your apologies for later, dummy." Circe said. "We have to get ready in case the Rangers show up."

"Oh, thry'll show up." Baphomet reassured. "And then we'll kill those spandex-wearing idiots once and for all!"

Soon enough, the Rangers did show up, with Drako in tow. "Are you absolutely sure you guys won't need help?" Blackhawk asked as he watched the four Rangers get out of the Megaracer.

"We might need help...but I'm sure we can take care of 'em." Toby said.

"OK, but Drako and I'll be here in case Naruto shows up."

"Thanks, guys." Usagi said.

"Sorry to inteerupt," Circe said. "But can we get this battle started already? I'm getting impatient."

"Fine." said Toby. "You wanna battle? We will fucking battle. It's morphin' time!" STEGOSAURUS!"

"TRICERATOPS!"

"ANKYLOSAURUS!"

"HADROSAURUS!"

"POWER RANGERS!" Cue explosion.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, flashy intro and what not." Baphomet said, summoning the usual squadron of Imps. The Rangers got into position and launched themselves at the Imps, each of them having a different method of attack. Toby forewent the usual kung fu moves and pulled out his Water Ax, striking at his foes. Lettuce began launching himself at the Imps, knocking some over like bowling pins. Usagi and Pinkie took out the last ones by synchronizing their moves.

"Impressive how you can take out an entire squadron of Imps with only just four of you." Viprts bragged.  "But are you ready to face us?"

"Bring it." Toby challenged.

"Challenge accepted." Vipera shouted as she swiped at the Blue Ranger. Toby quickly jumped out of the way, striking at her with his Water Ax. Vipera proceeded to block that attack, then countered with a quick but hard punch. Toby quickly fell back, but got back up and did a kickflip, slamming her into a wall and knocking her out for the time being.

Lettuce, meanwhile, faced off with Baphomet. Getting an idea, Lettuce charged at thr goat-creature as if to headbutt. Taking this as a challenge, Baphomet got onto all fours and charged as well, which was exactly what Lettuce wanted. Before the goat could react, Lettuce suddenly did a backflip, then an air somersault, and landed on Baphomet's back. Panicking, Baphomet let out a grunt-bleat as Lettuce grabbed onto his horns and rode him like a bull. As Baphomet began running and trying to shake Lettuce off, the penguin began ramming him into walls, stunning him over and over. Soon, a combination of exhaustion and dizziness from his head being rammed caused Baphomet to faint. Lettuce got off of him, rather tired himself but satisfied with his handiwotk.

Pinkie and Usagi, much like the Imps before, decided to team up against Circe and Kraky. While Circe began firing msgivsl balls at Pinkie, Kraky took on Usagi in hand to hand combat. Pinkie, in response to Circe attempting to attack her, quite literally began punching the attacks right back. Kraky counterattacked Usagi by spawning a pair of tentacles and wrapping them around her body tightly, crushing the air out of her. Noticing her friend was in trouble, Pinkie quickly summoned the Diamond Boomerang and tossed it, cutting off Kraky's tentacles and freeing Usagi. Usagi wasted no time in taking revenge summoning her Wind Staff and striking Kraky on the head with it, knocking him out. Pinkie fibished off Circe by launching her boomerang at the latter's magical attack, which reversed it and knocked the pig-witch unconcious. 

Drako quickly walked over and cast a spell that teleported the quartet of villains back to the Diabolic, along with a charm that would disable their teleportation ailities for a short time. "It's over." Toby breathed a sigh of relief. "It's finally over."

"Not yet it isn't." said the Blood Ranger, teleporting in. "Prepare to die."

To be continued...

Spoiler

NOTES/TRIVIA:

-Fourth part of "The Red Flaw".

-Second time the Rangers have morphed in this story arc.

-First time the Rangers have taken on the villains in direct combat.

The Red Flaw: Part V

The final battle begins as the Rangers finally confront Vipera, Baphomet, Circe, and Kraky directly. Taking them down with ease, the only thing left to do now is to fight the Blood Ranger and free Naruto. Can they do it before it's too late...?

"It isn't over." said the Blood Ranger, teleporting in. "Prepare to die."

"...It ends here, Naruto." Toby said, getting into a fighting position. "Give up."

"Never." the Blood Ranger said. "Not until you are all dead and reality is conquered."

"Please, Naruto." Usagi begged as tears began to well in desperation. "We're your friends. Let us help you." This seemed to trigger something in Naruto, something...positive, and for a brief moment, that true personality, that of the kind and goofy leader that all of them came to know and love, shined through. Suddenly, inspiration struck Toby: if they could bring back positive memories, then perhaps it might distract Naruto long enough for Drako to get the daemon away from his body.

"Naruto," the Blue Ranger spoke up. "Do you remember when we helped Lettuce conquer his fear of heights?"

"Naruto, 'member when you overcame your arrogance to defeat Emperor Sphinx? Oh, I 'member!" Lettuce said.

"Ooh! Naruto, remember when you helped me raise money for Core Earth's homeless?" Pinkie piped up. 

"Naruto, do you remember when you helped me study for my English test? I couldn't thank you enough for that." Usagi said with a smile under her helmet.

"Y-yes." Naruto replied, falling to his knees. "I...remember..." Suddenly, his voice reverted back to that of the Blood Ranger's. "...Actually, I don't. Your so-called leader is dead, and that he shall remain. I am the ruler of this world, and none of you will stand in my way. And the sad thing is...I don't think your 'leader' ever even liked you." At this, Usagi broke down in tears, and Toby hung his head.

"I'm sorry..." he muttered. "I tried to be a good leader and I failed. I let everyone down. Especially you and Omnus. I am so, so sorry..."

Meanwhile, down in Naruto's subconcious, the blonde ninja stopped meditating, and opened his eyes. "Kurama." he said. "I'm ready."

"Excellent." the kitsune said. "Our plan starts now."

As the team despaired, a familiar voice shouted out...Naruto's. "NO MORE!" he shouted. Everyone just looked at him in stunned silence. "NO MORE! GET THIS DAEMON-THING OUT OF MY BODY NOW!" Taking this as his cue, Drako restrained Naruto in case the daemon were to take control of him once again, and uttered the following words:

"Deorum potens misericordia Dei tota est aliqua et chaos belli,

excisus est daemonem in omnia saecula!"

Once the spell was said, a glow surrounded Naruto, and he turned back to normal. Groaning, he got up, as if he were incredibly exhausted. "Guys...? What happened?" Upon seeing he was OK, the other Rangers pulled their leader into a hug, glad to have him back. Their happy reunion, however, was interrupted by yet another loud yell from Naruto, who was now gripping his head in pain. 

"Naruto, what's wrong? Are you al-whoa, what the hell?" Toby said, noticing a series of bumps on the side of Naruto's head. 

"Oh, no..." Drako said, panicked beyond all belief. "The daemon...it's starting to gain physical form."

"...Is there anything we can do?!" Toby askrf over Naruto's pained screams.

"Unfortunately, no." Blackhawk said. "I think I might have to fight this on my own."

Before anyone could speak, they all saw a disturbing sight take place. The bumps on Naruto's head began to redden and meld into a large tumor, which continued to grow and redden further, until it literally separated from Naruto's head and fell onto the ground, still continuing to grow larger and larger. At the same time, it was growing limbs and claw-like hands until it was fully formed into a horrifying monstrosity with no skin, glowing yellow eyes with no pupils, and uttering a language that could not be understood by mere mortals, lest they go insane. Blackhawk let out a sigh. "SHADOW HAWK AURA!" he yelled, forming what appeared a large orange hawk with glowing white eyes around him. 

Naruto, out of nowhere, shouted, "SABERTOOTH FOX MODE!" As he did, he gained a form very similar to his normal Ranger one, except that stylized fox ears were molded into the top of the helmet, and nine armored fox tails sprouted out of Naruto's tailbone. On the chest, rather than the symbol of Core Earth, the symbol resembled a spiral with eight symbols written in stylized writing around it. The first thing Naruto did in this new form was to zoom up towards the daemon...and punch it right in the chest, sending it flying into a building, crushing it. Blackhawk's aura form looked at Naruto, amazed. Naruto simply stared back and nodded.

In unison, Naruto and Blackhawk proceeded to beat down the daemon, who couldn't fight back since neither was giving it a fighting chance. The duo picked it up with their strength, and began ramming it into several more buildings. Eventually, Blackhawk began pouring his aura energy into the daemon, as if it were a living explosive. Naruto had the sense to duck for cover, and what happened next made him glad he did. The daemon proceeded to implode on itself, its physical body getting sucked into the Warp, and its soul becoming Warp energy. Blackhawk deactivated his aura, and landed in front of the Rangers. "Well, I suppose my work is done here."

"As is mine." Drako said. "I must get back to serving the Emperor, as reluctant as I am due to these events. The Changer of Ways commands it." And with that, Drako disappeared. 

Naruto demorphed, as did the others. "Not yet." he said, looking at Blackhawk. "We have to get back to the Command Center so we can get answers from Omnus and Alpha."

"Right." Blackhawk said.

The others teleported back to the Command Center, where the power was still shut off. Blackhawk began to tinker with the computers, hoping to eventually get them working. He did, and that's when they all noticed a mysterious elevator. Deciding to investigate, all six decided that they'd enter, and slowly the elevator descended far downward until it stopped. When the door opened, the Rangers and Blackhawk were greeted with a magnificent sight: a room that appeared to be an older and more alien version of the Command Center, with the most defining feature being the wall that Omnus and Alpha were standing in front of. Projected onto it was the bluish face of someone who looked like Omnus, only far older.

"Greetings." said the projection, who had noticed them. "I am Zordon."

To be concluded...

Spoiler

NOTES/TRIVIA:

-Fifth and final part of "The Red Flaw". The story itself, however, will be concluded in the next episode, Origins, which acts as the arc's denouement.

-Naruto's new "Sabertooth Fox Mode" first appears. This form, however, will only be used on occasion, since it is connected with Kurama.

We get to see Blackhawk's Shadow Hawk Aura from his debut episode Pump It Up once again.

-Drako, from this episode on, is now more reluctant to serve Diabolica (though, obviously, he will not make this known if he can).

-First appearance of Omnus' Power Chamber.

-First appearance of Zordon, the original mentor of the first Power Rangers. Aside from this episode and Origins, he will not have a major role in the series until season 3. 

Origins

The final battle between the Power Rangers and the corrupted Blood Ranger ends on a high note, as Naruto is broken free of his possession and rejoins his team. Still having several questions unanswered, mainly relating to the mysterious Chaos Gods and the location known as the Warp, the Rangers and Blackhawk head to the Command Center in the hopes of locating Omnus and Alpha. After getting the power back on, the six discover an elevator which leads to a place they haven't seen before: the Power Chamber, where Omnus and Alpha have been hiding all this time. They also encounter someone new to them: Zordon, mentor to the very first team of Power Rangers on Earth, and great-grandfather to Omnus. Now, they are are about to not only get the answers they want, but a few new revelations as well as they learn not only about Chaos and its connections to them as Rangers, but to the history of Core Earth...

"Greetings." said the projection on the wall. "I am Zordon."

"Whoa..." said Lettuce. "What is this place?"

"This is the Power Chamber." Omnus answered suddenly, turning around to face them. "It is good to see you again, Rangers." he said with a smile.

"It's good to see you again too, Omnus." said Naruto. "But that isn't why we're here."

With a sigh, Omnus looked downward, as if ashamed. "...I understand. You are seeking answers about the events that have just transpired. Never would I have thought that it would come to this. Alpha, if you will?"

Alpha nodded and began setting up what appeared to be holograms of various things, presumably pertaining to the Chaos Gods.

Once Alpha was finished, Omnus turned to the Rangers. "What we are about to discuss must never leave this chamber. Are we understood?"

"Yes." they answered.

Omnus nodded. "Let us start off with the Warp itself. It is the space between universes, where what we percieve as the laws of physics and time do not exist. The Warp is made up of psychic energy fueled by the emotions of all in existence."

"So, the Warp is made up of feelings?" Naruto summed up.

"Exactly." said Omnus. "But these feelings are perverted and twisted into horrible things...which is where the Chaos Gods come in."

"Speaking of which, just what ARE they?" Toby asked.

That was when Blackhawk finally spoke up. "They are much like the Warp: made up of the emotions that everyone feels, escept twisted into unrecognizable things. You already know two of Their names: Khorne and Tzeentch. Do you know what They represent?"

Toby nodded. "War and fate, respectively."

"Yes, but there is much more to them than it first appears." Blackhawk continued. "The Chaos Gods represent much more than just the negatives of nature. So, Khorne not only represents concepts such as war and rage, but also valor and bravery. The same goes for Tzeentch. He represents not only fate, scheming and lies, but hope, change, and ambition."

"They may embody the positive aspects of nature as well," Omnus countered. "but that does not mean that they always get along. In fact, the Chaos Gods are mostly mortal enemies, constantly battling one another using powerful daemons."

"There are four Chaos Gods, right?" Usagi asked. "Who are the two others?"

"I am glad you asked." Omnus said. "They are Nurgle and Slaanesh." These two names holographically appeared for everyone to see.

"Well...what do they represent?" she replied.

"Nurgle represents death, disease, and decay; and yet, he represents a twisted form of friendship and love, things all six of you share between you. Slaanesh represents lust, desire, and yet , but also passion." Omnus explained, until Naruto spoke up again.

"...What does Chaos have to do with us?" he demanded.

Omnus let out a heavy sigh. "I suppose it's time you knew about the origins of your powers." He then turned to Zordon. "Great-Grandfather, if you'd like to lead us in?"

"Of course." said Zordon, and so he began. "About 10,985 years ago, I faced off against the mighty space witch Rita Repulsa. Sealing her in a magical urn, but not before she sealed me in a time warp, I built a location known as the Command Center in order to aid me in my war against evil."

Pinkie looked at Omnus. "So that's where you get the name..."

"Yes." Omnus said. "Before the final battle, Great-Grandfather crafted six Power Gems, gave them to me, and just told me to run. Escaping in my ship, I eventually came across what appeared to be some sort of woemhole; little did I know that it was a Warp rift, a weakening of the link between the multiverse and the Warp. Foolishly, I decided to investigate this anomaly, and that was when I first discovered the horrors that lurked between the cracks of reality."

"...Is that why you created our powers?" Toby asked.

"Yes. I knew that there was a greater evil than anything else that mortals ever could comptehend. So, taking the Black Power Gem for myself, I sought out five others to help me in my mission. The first I recruited was, of course, a Red Ranger."

"Really?" Naruto asked, rather curious to know about his predecessor. "Who was it?"

"A young Tauran." Omnus replied. "A young Tauran by the name of Prince Diabolica."

"WHAT?!" everyone shouted in disbelief. "EMPEROR DIABOLICA WAS A POWER RANGER?!"

"..." Omnus did not answer, simply looking at his Rangers.

"Omnus..." Lettuce spoke up. "What happened between yourself and Diabolica?"

Their mentor sighed once again, and resumed speaking, his tone serious. "Prince Diabolica I was born on Taura VI, to Emperor Lucifer and, as I found out later, a concubine. When I first encountered young Diabolica, he was idealistic, hopeful...kindhearted. That was why he jumped at the call, as it were. At the time, we had no central base, using our Zords to travel from planet to planet in search of Chaos to fight."

"Well, what happened?" Usagi inquired.

"He...found out about his parentage." Omnus said.

"He found out his mother was a concubine?" Pinkie asked innocently.

"Do you know what a concubine is?" Alpha 8 asked.

"Is it something you do like a job?" she replied.

"In a way. A concubine is...a prostitute, essentially." Alpha explained.

"So, he didn't take being the literal son of a whore well?" Blawkhawk asked, his eyes slowly widening.

"To put it lightly, he did not." Omnus said. "He contemplated on his next course of action, and he decided on something unbelievable: he decided he'd ascend the throne by committing both regicide and familicide."

"...All because he had a concubine for a mother?" Lettuce asked. "Talk about an Oedipus complex." Everyone but Blackhawk stared. "It's a psychology thing. Blame my mom."

"Wait, you have an Oedipus complex?" Blackhawk joked. "TMI, Lettuce."

"What, no!" Lettuce shouted defensively. "I meant that I know what 'Oedipus complex' is because my mom's a psychologist."

"Relax, I'm just joking." Blackhawk said, then turned to Omnus with an awkward cough. "You were saying?"

"After we heard about Diabolica taking the throne," Omnus resumed. "I understood that I and the five remaining rangers had to stop him at any cost. Confronting him in orbit around Taura VI, all of us battled in the Zords. Unfortunately, Diabolica himself was very skilled in piloting the Tyrannosaurus, and he killed all the others...except, of course, for me. After a long and intense battle, I eventually had Emperor Diabolica on the ropes, but gave him a chance to surrender. He refused, so I had no other choice but to end him. Before I could, however, he cast a dark spell over himself, granting him immortality, or at least a form of it, where he never ages. Now seeing that my plan would be absolutely useless, I did the next best thing: I launched Diabolica back onto the surface of the planet, and took all of the Zords with me. I wandered and wandered, searching for a planet to set up a base as a precaution against Diabolica. That was when I found Core Earth."

"This was thousands of years before the Multiverse Federation was founded, right?" Lettuce asked.

"Yes." Omnus replied. "When I landed in the area that would become Coastal Falls, the destruction that the Annunaki's apocalyptic war had caused mostly subsided, and-"

"Sorry to interrupt, Omnus. But who are the Annunaki, and what do they have to do with Chaos?" Naruto asked.

"A very good question, and the answer may intrigue you. The Annunaki were Core Earth's first cibilization, and they built the devices commonly used by the Federation's government to ensure multiversal travel. These 'jumpers' as they are commonly known hold a dark secret, however: they are connected to the Warp, and the Annunaki used them to become gods among mortals. Their civilization fell, according to the legends, due to their hubris. This is not the case in reality. The Chaos Gods were responsible for that, due to their own petty greed."

"Gods don't do that!" Toby protested.

"That may be the case, but these are no ordinary gods." Blackhawk retorted. "They are but personifications of our nature, much like regular gods."

"That is very true, Blackhawk." Omnus said. "Now, as I was saying before, when I landed in the area that would become Coastal Falls, I knew that a city would be built there someday. So, I took a large foundation of rock, about 4, 751 square miles, and used a combination of magic and basic thrusters to keep it suspended in mid-air."

"So that's why this city is so big...it's the size of a county!" Lettuce said.

"Exactly." Omnus said. "Why do you think this city doesn't fall into the ocean during your battles?"

"That makes a lot of sense, actually." Toby said. "When you really think about it, the magic and basic thrusters are likely working together."

And so, Omnus finished his tale: When he came to Coastal Falls and created its foundation, he dug deep into the newly-born structure, and took several centuries to build the Command Center to what is is now. After that, he deliberately placed himself in a state of suspended animation and only waking up once many milennia prior to the recruitment of the Rangers, that instance being the arrival of Alpha 8. "Do you have anything to say before you're dismissed?" he asked.

"Yes." Naruto said. "I want to reaffirm what I said when we first met you. Even if it takes us the rest of our lives, we'll dedicate them to the fight against Emperor Diabolica, as well as the forces of Chaos." Turning to the other Rangers, the blonde teen gave a confident smirk. Knowing what to do next, the others joined hands, flipper, and hoof, one thing only being heard in the Power Chamber:

"POWER RANGERS!" And with that, they left. Blackhawk, however, stayed behinf for a moment longer to tell Omnus something.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." Omnus gave a simple nod, and Blackhawk left. 

Sometime later, the Rangers were doing their usual activities in the Gym and Juice Bar, when who should show up but Bash and Smash. With a sigh, they looked at the duo, wondering if they had already broken their promise to Blackhawk. "Hey, guys." Bash greeted, no malice evident in his voice. "Blackhawk said you had a question for us?"

"Oh, yeah." Naruto said. "This may sound crazy given our past encounters, but do you guys wanna be friends with us?" This earned him confused stares from Bash and Smash, and after a few moments he attempted to repeat himself. "Do you want to be frie-"

"Yeah, we heard ya." Bash interrupted. "We're just surprised you'd wanna be chummy with us."

"Yeah, with us." Smash parroted.

"But, since Blackhawk says we can't pick on you anymore, and believe me when I tell you that we keep our word to him, I guess it's worth a shot." Bash concluded.

"Well, then..." Naruto said. "Come and join us, if you want." And so, the two did. Lettuce, briefly dressed as Rick from Casablanca, looked at Bash and did his best Humphrey Bogart impression.

"You know, Bashy, I think this is gonna be the start of a beautiful friendship."

Spoiler

NOTES/TRIVIA:

-Conclusion to the story begun in "The Red Flaw" arc, tying up the arc's loose ends. Also a transition period, as we go from the first half of season 1 to the start of the second half next episode.

-We find out Zordon created the Power Gems and gave them to Omnus.

-We also find out that Diabolica was the first Multiverse Red Ranger, and that Omnus was presumably a Black Ranger.

-More information about the Warp is revealed, namely is that it is a reality between universes, and that it is fueled by the emotions of mortals.

-The names of the last two Chaos Gods are revealed: Nurgle and Slaanesh.

-It turns out that the floating island on which Coastal Falls was built was created by Omnus as well.

-Diabolica's immortality is not natural, being created by dark magic.

-The status quo is shaken up a bit, as Bash and Smash befriend the Rangers, no longer bullying them. This shaking-up will continue in the next episode.

-Core Earth's first civilization is revealed to have been destroyed by the Chaos Gods, who the Annunaki worshiped as the "Old Ones" in the prelude to the series' first episode.

It's interesting you should mention Lucifer, Renegade! :D During the course of my eventual series, "Yin Yang Yo X," I plan to have at least THREE movies; and the THIRD one involves the bad guys of the series trying to REVIVE Lucifer, only to end up regretting it when Lucifer ends up betraying the forces that REVIVED him, but also THREATENS both THEM and the forces of good as well! o.o It's good to see everything back to normal, for now. But there's sure to be MORE surprises waiting in the wings, in the future! :cool:

• Like 1

Paint It, Ebony

It was a dark, cold, and stormy night at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and Professor Dumbledore was sitting patiently at his desk, awaiting Professors Snape and McGonagall for a meeting concerning one of the former's more...troublesome students. Dumbledore's thoughts were interrupted by a knock at his door. "Severus, is that you?" he asked.

"Yes." came Snape's voice.

"Come in, then." Dumbledore said. When Snape did, he sat next to Albus, a blank expression on his face. "You do not seem to be troubled by this, Severus. Why is that?" Dumbledore asked, concerned.

"Why? Why, indeed, Albus." Snape said with a facepalm. "Ever since Miss Way has been here, she's been nothing but trouble."

"I understand that, Severus, which is why it pains me that we have to discuss possible expulsion."

Snape was about to respond when the door opened, and Professor McGonagall entered, with the student in question: a tall seventh year by the name of Ebony Way. The girl was pale, with icy blue eyes like limpid tears and dark hair with purple streaks and red tips that reached her mid-back. As per usual for Ebony, she was not wearing the standard Hogwarts uniform. Instead she wore a black Green Day crop top that seemed too small for her large D-cup breasts, a black miniskirt, thigh-high pink fishnets, and high heels, also black. Around her eyes was a liberal amount of eyeliner, and on her lips was midnight-black lipstick, and on her feet she wore black high heels. "And here we see one of Miss Way's most common rule violations: being out of uniform during school hours." Snape said dryly.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, SNAP!" Ebony shouted.

"Why you insufferable little tart, I'll show you-" Snape said, before Dumbledore stopped him by gently yanking him back. 

"Please, sit down, both of you." Dumbledore said kindly. McGonagall took her seat, as did Ebony...only the latter was flipping the bird at the teachers, as it were. The former sighed, and looked at Snape and Dumbledore.

"Shall we begin?" she askex, exasperated and frustrated.

"Yes, we shall." Dumbledore said. He then turned to Ebony. "Miss Way, we are meeting with you to discuss the...problems we've had with you in the past."

"I don't have any problems." Ebony countered. "I'm the one who has problems with YOU!" At this, Snape groaned and facepalmed. This was going to take a while.

"Oh?" Dumbledore asked, willing to hear Ebony's side of the story. "Do tell us, Miss Way."

"Yes, do tell." Snape deadpanned.

"You have problems with us, hm?" McGonagall asked.

"YES!" Ebony shouted. "YOU'RE ALL PREPS AND POSERS!"

"Preps and...posers?" Snape asked, looking at McGonagall, who looked at Dumbledore.

"I believe it is a Muggle term," Dumbledore explained. "although I'm not sure of what it means."

Snape muttered, "Of course she would use Muggle terminology. She is a half-blood after all."

"And quarter-vampire." McGonagall said.

"Yes." Dumbledore observed. "Now, Miss Way, please do explain what these 'preps and posers' are."

"Preps," Ebony began with seething hatred. "are people who wear pink, are Hilary Duff fans, and aren't goth."

"...Who is this Hilary Duff?" Dumbledore asked.

"A preppy bitch." 

"Interesting." Dumbledore said. "Go on. What are posers?"

"Posers are preps that try to act goth, but they aren't."

"So, let me get this straight." McGonagall said. "Preps and posers are essentially those who don't look and/or act like you?"

"...That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard." Snape groaned, facedesking.

"SHUT! UP!" Ebony screamed again, then looked at Snape. "Fucking pedo."

"...Young lady, neither I or Professor Dumbledore will tolerate that kind of insubordination and accusations! So it is not us who will 'shut up', but rather yourself. And if you will not do so willingly, I can and will use a Silencing Charm on you. Are we understood?" McGonagall asked, starting to lose her patience.

"Fuck you." Ebony spat.

"Your loss." she said. "Silencio!" One bright flash later, and Ebony couldn't speak. No matter what she tried, no sound could come out. "Now," continued Professor McGonagall. "Shall we get back to the point of this meeting?"

"Yes." Snape said. "We are here to discuss Miss Way's problems and how best to deal with them."

"Where to begin..." McGonagall said.

"Where to begin, indeed." Snape replied. "Let us start with her behavior: rude, obnoxious, doesn't work well with others..."

"Not to mention her obsessions with both Mr. Malfoy and Potter." McGonagall added.

Snape then turned to Ebony. "And, no, Mr. Malfoy is not your boyfriend. In fact, he despises you, as does the rest of my House." he said with a snide look on his face. He then presented a black leatherbound journal entitled My Immortal. His fellow professors gave him strange looks. "This is her journal, filled with her most personal fantasies. This may give us insight into her mindset."

"Severus, are you sure this is right?" Dumbledore asked. "Because I do not feel comfortable peeking into a student's journal. It just seems...intrusive."

"Need I remind you," Snspe hissed in a hushed whisper. "that we are discussing potential expulsion?"

"Yes." Dumbledore said. "But is it really necessary, Severus? This is her journal, her personal tome."

"I am firm in my decision, Albus. Besides, it may help us get to the root of Miss Way's problems."

"All right, then, I suppose." the old wizard sighed. "Let us take a look, shall we?" Ebony attempted to stop them, but Snape cast Stupefy, knocking her out for the time being. With that, they begun to read. What they saw shocked them.

"She thinks of killing other students..." McGonagall said, a gasp escaping her throat.

"She wishes to harm herself." Snape said, pity in his voice.

"...Why?" Dumbledore asked, his voice a tranquil rage, much to the surprise of Snape and McGonagall. "Why would she want to harm other students?"

"If we're to be honest here, this is a very dangerous reaction to the prejudice Miss Way faces." Snape said.

"...Which is why I am becoming more and more convinced we must expel her. Not only is she a danger to herself, but to others as well." agreed McGonagall.

"I suppose you're right." Dumbledore said, casting Rennervate on Ebony, who slowly awoke. After a few moments of being confused, Ebony realized where she was, and flipped off all three again.

"Hello to you too." Snape said. "We have something to tell you, Miss Way."

"Yes." said Dumbledore, his voiced pained. "It hurts me to say this, but you are hereby expelled from this school."

Ebony's reaction was...not well, to say the least. She began to thrash around like a little child, screaming and cursing. McGonagall nonchalantly cast Stupefy again, knocking Ebony out for a second time.

"The train will be here to pick her up and take her back to London tomorrow." said Dumbledore. "Minerva, can you gather Miss Way's things for her? I have something to discuss with Severus about where she will go from here."

"Yes, Albus." McGonagall said, lifting Ebony's body with her magic and leaving the office, closing the door behind her. Snape looked at Dumbledore, confused at what he wanted to discuss.

"Severus, I have not told you, or anyone for that matter this, but I came into contact with an alliance sometime ago...an alliance that is not of this world, nor of this reality for that matter."

Snape was surprised, to say the least. "By God, Albus...we aren't alone in the universe, or rather multiverse, are we?"

"No, we are not." Dumbledore replied. "This United Federation of Multiverses, or the Multiverse Federation as they call themselves, offered their services to me in case we would need them. I think we have a solution for not only ourselves, but Ms. Way."

"Oh?" Snape asked, curious. "And what would that be?"

"We send her to one of their schools, and for some reason, fate perhaps, I have decided on the perfect one: Coastal Falls Academy."

"Excellent, Albus. I suggest making preparations for transfer right away."

"I will, Severus." Dumbledore said, as Snape walked out of the office and closed the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another universe, and another time...

It was a rather clear day in Coastal Falls, and the Power Rangers were headed towards the Gym and Juice Bar as per usual, discussing various things that had happened throughout the day. Naruto, for example, had taken up wrestling in order to improve his strength further. Toby decided to get his average grades up by entering lunchtime tutoring, Usagi had aced another test, Lettuce was studying music theory, and Pinkie was working on a project for culinary arts. As the five were about to walk in, they were stopped by what looked like...a blue hand? Looking to see who was attached to this appendage, they saw a creature resembling a blue fish woman dressed in a dark tank top and equally dark jeans. Her fire-red hair was tied up in a ponytail, and her right eye appeared to be covered by an eyepatch. Her uncovered left eye appeared to be a light yellow, with a black slit-like pupil. "HEY!" she shouted, her voice having a slight tomboyish rasp to it. "ARE YOU ON THE LIST?"

"...List? What list?" Naruto asked, perplexed.

"The list to get in, dummy!" the fish-lady responded.

"Hey, that isn't very nice!" Pinkie protested. "You should apologize! Naruto's a brave warrior, not a dummy!"

"A brave warrior, huh?" the fish-lady asked. "Can he do this?" She proceeded to do a kick-backflip. Naruto did the same. "Impressive. But can you do this?" She then did a kick, which Naruto blocked. Their sparring was interrupted by Blackhawk, who turned to the fish-woman.

"Is something the matter, Undyne?" he asked.

"Yeah, these guys aren't on the list."

At this, Blackhawk facepalmed. "Undyne...you aren't a bouncer, and this isn't a club. And besides, these are my friends." Realizing her mistake, Undyne blushed in embarassment and awkwardly rubbed the back of her hand. "Oh, uh...sorry, Blackhawk. I had no idea."

"That's all right. Guys, why don't you introduce yourselves?"

"Naruto Uzumaki."

"Toby Jones."

"Retthi Manchot, though you can call me Lettuce."

"I'm Usagi Tsukino. It's nice to meet you, miss Undyne."

"I'M PINKIE PIE!"

"Pleased to meet ya." Undyne said. "Come on in." The five did so, and saw Bash and Smash sitting near their usual table. They were about to tell them to back off, but then realized that the duo no longer meant harm. Before they could react, Blackhawk pulled the Rangers aside.

"Hey, there are two other guys I want you to meet." he said, going to the counter. Behind it appeared to be a short, stocky skeleton wearing a blue hoodie, a white T-shirt underneath, black and white striped shorts, and pink slippers. What was pretty surprising, however, was that in the middle of his two eyesockets were two glowing blue pinpricks.

"'ey." the skeleton greeted, extending one of his hands. "the name's sans. sans the skeleton. put 'er there." His voice was deep, and he appeared to have some kind of New York accent. Naruto took Sans' hand and shook it...only for a whoopee cushion to go off. This got a reaction out of everyone, who burst out laughing. "the ol' whoopee cushion in the hand trick. it's always funny. anyways, whaddya want?"

Each of the Rangers ordered different things: a small pizza for Lettuce, a cotton candy shake for Pinkie, a burger for Toby, a salad for Usagi, and some noodles for Naruto. Sans nodded, and went to the kitchen. A moment later, Sans came back with what appeared to be a taller skeleton dressed in what appeared to be at least to some degree a superhero costume, with vertical slits for eyes and pseudo-eyebrows at the top. "GREETINGS!" the skeleton said, his voice high-pitched and sounding similar to Skeletor. "MY BROTHER HAS TOLD ME, THE GRRRREAT PAPYRUS, THAT THERE ARE POTENTIAL NEW FRIENDS TO MEET HERE!"

"Ooh, we like making friends!" Pinkie said, but then she was suddenly scooped up by Papyrus, who proceeded to hug her and squeal over her cuteness. Pinkie didn't object, until Papyrus put her down. "Awww...I was having fun..." she complained, sipping her shake.

"ANYWAYS!" Papyrus said. "NEITHER I OR MY BROTHER HAVE GOTTEN ANY OF YOUR NAMES! CARE TO INTRODUCE YOURSELVES?"

The five introduced themselves to both Sans and Papyrus, and they talked for a while. As they did, Naruto saw something, or rather, someone, out of the corner of his eye: a pale girl, dressed in a My Chemical Romance hoodie, sitting alone and tapping her fingers absentmindedly. She seemed lonely, so Naruto decided he'd go talk to her. "Hey." he greeted. "My name's Naruto. What's yours?" The girl's response took Naruto aback. She flipped him off. "...Hey, that's pretty rude!" he shouted in protest. "I think you should apologize!"

"Fuck off, prep!" the girl shouted, getting the attention of Bash and Smash. The two walked over, and looked at Ebony.

"Hey, Naruto, is this girl bothering you?" Bash asked.

"Actually, yeah. She's being pretty rude."

Bash looked at Ebony. "What's your name?" he asked.

"Ebony Way." she spat. "What's it to ya?"

"Well, Ebony, since you're new here, I'm just gonna give you a warning: don't mess with him," he then gestured towards the others, who were watching intently. "or his friends over there. Because they're our friends, too."

"So you're friends with those preps?! That means you're posers!" At this, Bash, Smash and Naruto facepalmed at the self-proclaimed goth's 'logic'. Not wanting to argue, Naruto went back to the counter, Bash and Smash following. Ebony, however, was not finished yet with these supposed preps and posers. Walking over, she began verbally harassing the Rangers, Bash and Smash, and unfortunately for her, Blackhawk.

"Excuse me, miss, but if you're going to harass my friends, you need to leave." Blackhawk stated calmly.

"ME?!" Ebony shouted in an attempt to gain pity. "I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING! THESE PREPS ARE THE ONES WHO ARE HATING ON ME!"

"...Riiiiight." Blackhawk responded with sarcasm. "If you don't leave right now, I am literally going to throw you out. Are we understood?" Ebony flipped him off. "Suit yourself." Blackhawk said, leviatating Ebony into the air and tossing her out.

"Thanks." Naruto said. "I didn't wanna deal with her anymore."

"No problem." Blackhawk said, then shouted towards the door, "AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU CAN RESPECT OTHERS!"

"Fucking preps." Ebony muttered, sighing in defeat. Now that she'd been kicked out, what was she to do? Noticing an abandoned canvas in an alley, Ebony walked over to it, and conjured up some black paint, and got to work painting what looked to be a Tim Burton-inspired gopher. It had all the trademarks: thin limbs, an emaciated-looking body, wide, unblinking eyes lined with thin dark rings, and a wiry mop of black hair.

Aboard the Diabolic, Emperor Diabolica watched all of this, and rubbed his chin, pondering an idea that had just popped into his head.

"You have a new plan to destroy the Rangers, sir?" Circe asked.

"Hopefully it won't backfire like last time!" Kraky said. "Or the time before that, or the time before that..." He was quickly shut up by Diabolica lunging for his throat in anger.

"SILENCE, IDIOT! THIS IDEA CANNOT FAIL! IT WILL NOT FAIL! I PROMISE THAT!"

"May I ask what this idea is?" Vipera questioned.

"I will manipulate the girl into letting me bring her creation to life. Once she does, I will have this new monster destroy the Power Rangers."

"Excellent idea, my Emperor." Drako said. "Though I am rather disappointed that I won't get to create a new Bloodbeast."

"Do not worry, Drako. You will get your chance...next time." Diabolica said, before teleporting to Core Earth. Appearing before Ebony, the Emperor gave a devilish, pun very much intended, grin. "Hello, Miss Way."

Ebony looked up from her nearly finished painting, eyes sparkling and jaw dropping. "A-are you Satan?" she asked, a hopeful tone in her voice.

At being called Satan, Diabolica decided to roll with it, since playing this girl like a fiddle would be far easier than it was already. "...Why, yes. Yes I am. It is such a pleasure to meet you after all these years. Tell me, my dear, what troubles you?"

Ebony explained her troubles, mainly how the 'dumb preps' needed to die. Diabolica patiently listened, and when she was finished, he spoke. "I will make you a deal: I will bring this drawing to life, and in exchange, he will do whatever you ask."

"What do I have to do?" Ebony asked. "This is a deal, right?"

"All you have to do," said Diabolica. "is let me bring your drawing to life."

"OK." said Ebony. Diabolica grinned, and shot a bolt of red lightning at the canvas. It proceeded to slowly peel itself off, and then the creature began transitioning from two dimensions into three, making his appearance more jarring and nightmarish. Ebony herself jumped back a bit as the monster bowed before her.

"Presenting Vincent Van Gopher, at your service." Diabolica introduced the monster. "He will do whatever you say, no questions asked."

"No questions asked, huh?" Ebony said. Drawing a quick sketch of a Tim Burton-esque rendition of the city, she presented it to Van Gopher. "Can you make this city less...preppy? Something like this?" The Gopher nodded, and went to carry out his orders...at least for now. His real orders, of course, were to destroy the Rangers when they appeared.

In the Command Center, alarms began going off as Alpha 8 ran around in a panic. "Do not worry, Alpha." Omnus said calmly. "It is time."

"You mean..." Alpha asked.

"Yes. It is time to recruit a new Ranger: Multiverse Black."

"I am so excited!" Alpha said. "Are we recruiting Blackhawk?"

"Unfortunately, no. It seems Tzeentch has thrown us a curveball, so to speak." Omnus explained. "We will have to recruit someone else."

"Who?" asked Alpha.

"You'll see. For now, alert the Rangers."

"Yes, sir!"

Meanwhile, the Rangers and Blackhawk were still talking with Sans and Papyrus when the Power Watches went off. "WOWIE! COOL RINGTONE!" said Papyrus.

"Yeah, it's cool." Lettuce said. "Sorry to cut this short, but we gotta go."

"go?" Sans asked. "so soon?"

Before any of the five could answer, Blackhawk did it for them. "They probably have things to do."

"makes sense." Sans said, though he still had his suspicions.

"GOODBYE FOR NOW!" said Papyrus.

Once the Rangers left, they proceeded to morph. "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!"

"ANKYLOSAURUS!"

"TRICERATOPS!"

"HADROSAURUS!"

"STEGOSAURUS!"

"TYRANNOSAURUS!"

"POWER RANGERS!"

Once the Rangers transformed, they were greeted with something very unnerving: the downtown area was transformed into a surreal-looking landscape that seemed to defy physics, with buildings looking as if they were designed by MC Escher. Shops were replaced with Hot Topics and Spencer's Gifts, and overall the tone of this place seemed very eerie, with distorted shadows everywhere. "Whoa...what happened here?" asked Lettuce.

"I dunno," said Toby. "but I think we found our problem." He then pointed to Vincent Van Gopher, who looked at them. 

"That thing is the stuff of nightmares." Usagi whispered.

"No kidding." Pinkie said. "Let's take him down!"

"Right." said the others. Vincent Van Gopher only responded with one thing:

"Preeeepsssss..."

"Wait...did I just hear him say 'preps'?" Toby asked.

"I think he did." Naruto said. "I think I might know who's behind this, too. But let's not talk about it right now. We need to fight." At this proclamation, a squadron of Imps appeared, and the Rangers had no trouble taking them down. With that out of the way, they could focus on taking care of the monster. As they charged all at once, the gopher fired electrical bolts from its palms, knocking the team back.

Meanwhile, in the Command Center...

"So, let me get this straight." said Ebony. "I'm going to become some kind of superhero?"

"To put it simply, yes." Alpha said.

"YES! I CAN'T WAIT TO RUB IT IN THOSE PREPS' FACES!"

"I am sorry, Ebony, but I must inform you that it is forbidden to tell anyone of this." Omnus said.

"Awww..." Ebony sighed. "Why not?"

"It is for the safety of those around you." Alpha said.

"WHO CARES ABOUT SAFETY?!" Ebony shouted. "THOSE PREPS CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES!"

"Ay yi yi..." Alpha said, facepalming. "She just isn't getting it."

"She will in time." Omnus said. "Now, go, Ebony! And may the power protect you."

Once she was teleported out, Alpha looked at Omnus. "You didn't even bother disciplining her? Why?"

"Because what she displays is nothing more than a facade." replied Omnus. "Her arrogance and self-fulfilling ways are just a mask, to hide the real person beneath."

"Is that why she was chosen to take up the Black Ranger mantle?"

"Yes. Ebony, underneath her image of superiority, is someone who is, to put it simply, scared of the world."

"I detect she also has a pure heart."

"Indeed she does. I only hope she grows to realize it."

Meanwhile, the Rangers were having trouble defeating Vincent Van Gopher when suddenly, Ebony appeared. "Whoa!" Toby said. "What the heck is she doing here?"

"I think she might be a new Ranger!" Pinkie suggested.

"You might be right." Naruto said.

"PREPS?!" Ebony asked in surprise, having recognized their voices.

"STOP CALLING US PREPS!" Lettuce shouted.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Ebony asked.

"Uhhh...fighting this monster!" Pinkie said. "What else!"

"YOU CAN'T!" Ebony protested.

"What? Why not?" Toby asked.

"Because Satan gave that to me!" she revealed. At this, everyone aside from Ebony gave an expression of shock.

"WHAT?!" they all said in unison.

"Satan. Gave that to me." Ebony stated. "Jealous yet, preps?"

"No." Naruto said. "You know what? YOU'RE AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT! 'SATAN' IS ACTUALLY OUR ENEMY, EMPEROR DIABOLICA!"

"FUCK YOU, PREP!" Ebony retorted.

"OH, AND ANOTHER THING: THE WORLD ISN'T DIVIDED INTO 'GOTHS' AND 'PREPS', OKAY?! SO GET THAT OUT OF YOUR DAMN HEAD!"

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, FUCKER!" Ebony shouted, charging at Naruto, only to be brought down before she could get a good slap on him.

"You listen to me, and listen well." the Red Ranger growled, his voice lowered. "You're a Ranger now, and that means listening to me. If you can't handle that, or in your case, don't want to handle that, then I have no problems leaving you for dead." Ebony said nothing, and just nodded, her haughty shell broken a bit.

"Satan...sorry, Emperor Diabolica...lied to me?" the girl asked finally, hesitantly. The others nodded, and she suddenly gained an expression of anger. "I don't like liars. Especially ones who just use me to get what they want." At this she got up...and morphed. "Multiverse, save Core Earth. VELOCIRAPTOR!" Joining the others, Ebony stood tall in her new outfit, the spandex-like armor fitting over her body snugly. At this, Vincent Van Gopher began to panic, and tried to run away. Unfortunately, the Rangers blocked his path via teleporting.

"All right, guys." Naruto said. "Let's finish this guy off with our Power Weapons!" He then turned to Ebony and asked, "You do have a Power Weapon, right...?"

"...SHADOW DAGGERS!" Ebony shouted the first thing that came to mind, and two obsidian daggers appeared in her hands. "Wow. Works like the magic back home." The others followed suit with their weapons, and with each slash, Vincent Van Gopher was weakened. They combined their weapons, Ebony included, and fired. The monster exploded, and the Rangers posed for victory.

On the Diabolic, Emperor Diabolica, of course, knew what to do next. "FORCES OF CHAOS..." he shouted. "MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOOOW!" A red bolt of lightning struck Core Earth, and Vincent Van Gopher grew into a giant.

"...Holy shit..." Ebony said. "...Is that normal?"

"Honey, you have no idea." said Toby.

"WE NEED DINOZORD POWER, NOW!" the Rangers minus Ebony said. Once the Multimegazord was brought together, it scuffled with the monster, wrestling it into a headlock. The Gopher countered with a blast, knocking the robot back. While the Multimegazord was stunned, Vincent Van Gopher proceeded to do a bodyslam and held the Multimegazord down, shocking it over and over again. From within, alarm bells and flashing lights went off. Activating his communicator, Naruto tried getting to Ebony. "You have a Zord too! Quickly, activate it!"

Ebony, as if on instinct, pulled out what looked like an electric guitar, played a small tune, and from the depths of the oceans below Coastal Falls, a large black shape emerged. Resembling a black-as-night velociraptor with glowing yellow eyes and patched of silver on the back, the Zord activated what resembled a jetpack and flew up onto the battlefield, landing with a triumphant pose. With a backflip, Ebony crawled into the Zord's cockpit, and grabbed the controls. Slowly lumbering towards its target, the Velocizord let out a deep and mighty roar, showing that it meant business. From up above, everyone from Emperor Diabolica to Drako only said two words: "Uh oh." The Velocizord then smacked Vincent Van Gopher off of the Multimegazord, and took the ear that wasn't missing into its jaws and bit it off.  Now completely deaf, Vincent Van Gopher began to whimpter as the Velocizord took one of the changed buildings and brought it down onto the creature's head, causing him to explode. Once the Gopher was defeated, the affected parts of the city changed back to normal.

Later, the Rangers were walking into the Juice Bar when they were once again stopped by Undyne. "Hey, what gives? You're not pulling that list crap again, are you?" Toby asked.

"Nope." said Undyne. "You guys can go ahead. She, on the other hand, can't." As if to emphasize her point, she pointed to Ebony. "Blackhawk asked me to. Trust me, I'd let her in, but given what she did earlier..."

"Yeah, we know." Naruto said. "But she's with us. Blackhawk can vouch." Upon hearing this, Undyne gave a small smile, and let all of them in. Confused and possibly fearing that she knew who they were, the Rangers went to find Blackhawk, and explained what happened. When he heard this, the hawk let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry guys, but I..kinda had to spill the beans. I didn't exactly have a choice."

Instead of being angry, the Rangers all looked at Blackhawk trustfully. They knew that Blackhawk seemed to trust Undyne, Sans and Papyrus from what they saw. That was when the three showed up. "hey." Sans greeted. "yeah, we know your secret. but don't worry. i may not like keepin' promises, but when i do, i give my word. so do papyrus and undyne."

"YES." Papyrus agreed. "AS FOR HOW WE FIGURED IT OUT...WE SAW THE BATTLE ON TV, AND SANS SUSPECTED SOMETHING."

"It was totally AWESOME!" said Undyne enthusiastically. "The bad guy was like 'POW!' And you were like 'WASHOOSH!' And then he exploded when you destroyed him! I'd give ANYTHING to be in your guys' shoes!"

"Who knows?" Toby joked. "I might ask you to fill in for me one of these days!"

"I accept that offer!" Undyne said, much to Toby's confusion. "...Seriously, I WILL fill in for you. Just say the word." Turning to Ebony, she said, "You're the newest Ranger, right?" Ebony nodded. "Well, I was thinking you might need some training from Blackhawk and I. You aren't exactly a martial arts type, I'm guessing?"

"Nope. I know magic...kinda. Went to a magic school before I came here." Ebony admitted. "I didn't exactly pay attention."

"Well, you're DEFINITELY gonna need work." said Undyne. "Starting ASAP. Come with me." She then began leading Ebony towards the gym mats, with Blackhawk following.

"I guess things are starting to change big-time." Naruto said.

"You got that right." Lettuce said. "Now that we have a new Ranger, nothing can stop us!"

"Right!" Toby, Pinkie, and Usagi agreed.

Spoiler

NOTES/TRIVIA:

-First Appearances: Ebony (main character), Sans, Papyrus, and Undyne (supporting characters)

-This might be the longest episode I've written.

-Title is a reference to Paint It, Black by the Rolling Stones.

-Vincent Van Gopher is a reference to the famed artist Vincent Van Gogh. 4EverGreen takes full credit as idea consultant/co-writer.

-First time anyone outside of Blackhawk knows who the Rangers are.

-First episode showing Bash and Smash no longer being bullies. Instead, they act as the Rangers' friends, with Papyrus to become their third wheel.

-Vincent Van Gopher is the first monster to not be a Bloodbeast. As such, there is a more direct shout out to Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

-First episode with semi-liberal swearing.

-Start of season 1's second half, returning to the standard formula.

-We find out Lettuce's real name in this episode.

Pretty good episode, as always. By the way, who are these other new characters? (Besides Ebony). You can tell me in a personal message more about it, if you prefer. I'll write the rest of my "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" episode first, then I'll start work on my four episodes of "Power Rangers Multiverse Force."

• Like 1