• Advertisement

FUCK THE DMCA: H3H3 Productions is Being Sued for Copyright Infringement (ULTIMATE FACEPALM)

Metal Snake

*cries*

What's that thing Jjs liked saying back in 2015? "I'm disappointed this even had to be made?" PREACH BROTHER.

For those of you who don't know, Ethan and Hila Klein from H3H3 Productions are officially being sued now by Matt Hosseinzadech from Bold Guy. Take a guess why. No, just take a fucking guess why

The three terrible C's. Which are COPYRIGHT CLAIM CRAP. All H3 did was use three minutes of one of Matt's videos for satirical purpose as part of their normal Youtube entertainment some months ago. Matt, disliking the criticism, proceeded to threaten H3 with a lawsuit and later copyright claimed the video while he and H3 were in negotiations. As you can see, this had actually been going on for a while, but the reason I am reporting this now is because of a very recent update to this case that is beyond unbelievable... 

...This is evolving into an actual court case.

latest?cb=20130329201546

Fun fact, did you know the first Ace Attorney game takes place in the year 2016? Another fun fact, just less than two months ago, I wrote a story that was meant to be a South Park-style satire of Youtube copyright claim crap. In it, I made a joke portraying the Fine Bros. as clones of Maud Pie suing others for copyright infringement, let's take a look...

On 4/12/2016 at 2:58 AM, Metal Snake said:

The lights turned off, and when they turned back on, two ponies who were dressed in white shirts, black suits, and red ties and bore an uncanny resemblance to Maud Pie appeared in front of the gang. One wore a mask that looked like Charles Schultz’s face, and the other wore a mask that looked like Brendon Urie’s face.

“You are being sued for copyright infringement!” Celestia yelled.

And what happens? Someone actually gets sued for copyright infringement for a reaction video that is entirely within Fair Use. And I feel bad, this feels to me like being a comedian making a joke about somebody doing something that's practically extortion and then finding out that they actually are an extortionist. Granted it's not the Fine Bros., but this is still scary as shit watching a fucking cartoon parody become reality.

Some of you might be laughing right now, but I am getting serious now, THIS IS NOT FUNNY. Because of the lies told by Matt and his lawyer and the law's utter stupidity and incompetence, Ethan and Hila, regardless of whether they win the case or not, are going to have to pay money to show up in court and be defended by an attorney. Even now, they're not attacking Matt or encouraging their fans to attack him and are even deciding not to ask their fans for a crowd-funding of $100,000, which is what they're being EXTORTED sued for. 

I like their attitude, I really, genuinely do. I love people like them who encourage others and people like me who once would've totally lost their mind over something like this like a shithead some years ago to be nice, calm, and friendly. The only thing I'm kind of losing my mind over right now (and for the record, this is just a joke) is how this happened only a day after I discussed the FOX plagiarism incident and how I am this close to literally typing out twenty times how much I fucking hate the DMCA. So out of respect, I'm going to try being as mature as possible, leave as much room for other people's thoughts as possible, and kindly and politely ask the DMCA to die as painfully as possible.

• Like 1

We're getting fucked by the DMCA
We're getting 
fucked by the DMCA
If you have lots of cash, you can sue anyone
Even if they've done nothing wrong

*Writer of this song gets sued by Village People*

• Like 1

That sucks ass. I love h3h3's videos and it's ridiculous how copyright laws are being handled and that they have to go through all this just because they made fun of someone's video. Best of luck to Ethan and Hila and I hope they win the suit.

https://www.gofundme.com/h3h3defensefund

Please donate to them. They deserve all the money they can get.

Edited by Teamwork
  • Like 2

Which reminds me. Did you know that TheAnnotatXperiment (not the new one, the old one) got a strike for annotating The Nutshack? Part 2 is still up, but Part 1 is kaput and I can't find 3 or 4.

See, it says that the video contains content from Chicken Pork Adobo. The Nutshack may have been one of the channel's regrets, but it was still a staple of annotation history and they pretty much took it away.

To summarize yet again, the copyright system is flawed. Just thought I'd use that as an example.